Thread: Nicky Wu & Liu Tao Series

Default Nicky Wu & Liu Tao Series

I don't know if there's a thread for this movie but I just wanted to know the title of this movie in Vietnamese and whether it's released yet. Can some one please help me? Thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pix.liutao.org/pix/albums/userpics/normal_tt1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pix.liutao.org/pix/albums/userpics/normal_tt3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2005-01-28/U1039P28T3D642665F329DT20050128090106.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ll169.com/Article/UploadFiles/200511/20051108133913378.jpg')

Thanks for the pix....

Ok, I can't see the characters on the cover that clearly. BUT if you translate the title word for word from Chinese to Viet, then it would be something like:

Ly Hou Chu, Trieu Khon Dan(you know the first king of the Song dynasty). Something like that, but they may or may not use that title.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Thanks for the pix....

Ok, I can't see the characters on the cover that clearly. BUT if you translate the title word for word from Chinese to Viet, then it would be something like:

Ly Hou Chu, Trieu Khon Dan(you know the first king of the Song dynasty). Something like that, but they may or may not use that title.
    ohh, okay. Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated! btw, do you know if it has been released in Viet yet? Isn't this a 2004 production?

If translate from the poster...the viet title should be "Ly Hau Chu va Trieu Khuong Dan", there has other title is "Giang Son My Nhan Tinh"

This serie is about the last king of Sud Tang Dynasty, and the first king of Song dynasty...
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

It's quite a sad story to watch if u r Nicky's fan....

Very good series. A nice mix between history and romance. Both Huang Wen Hao and Nicky were extremely good! However it has a tragic ending for almost all the main characters

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky
    Very good series. A nice mix between history and romance. Both Huang Wen Hao and Nicky were extremely good! However it has a tragic ending for almost all the main characters
    Can you give me a summary of the series? And do you know if it came out in Vietnamese yet? I really want to see this movie.

I like Nicky Wu.
    I'd love to see this series, when is iit released yet?
    Does any body knows anything about the plot? I love the chinese costumes, they are always so extraordinary beautiful

Maybe this story is about Trieu Khuon Dan and Han To Mai, who killed the General Trinh An ...

You are welcome and sorry for the mispelling of the Viet title.... I was never educated in VIet but can still manage to read and write it, but I still have errors. I don't think this has been translated into Viet yet. I think it will be soon though...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

this is a good series, its about the end of Tang and the beginnings of Song and how the two emperors are both in love with the same girl.

Zhao Kuangyin (estabished Song) and Li Congke (the last emperor of Tang - Nicky).

Nicky's characters is more about literature and music, he doesn't really want anything to do with war and politics. he marries a girl that he meet one day and loves (not knowing that the girl-forget her name) is actually in love with ZKY but she is force by her family to marry into the royal family. therefore she tries to break all ties with ZKY and becomes princess.

Not long later ZKY takes up in another state/province and they become victorious in battles and later he becomes like a big general and they forces LCK family to bestow the title KING to ZKY city instead so when NICky becomes the king for Tang he is only known as "DA WANG" and not Huang Shang.

Later nicky finds out about his wife relationship with ZKY and that she apparently still thinks about him and gets mad and in this time he meets a young & free-spirited female that enters the palace and starts a relationship with her not releasing even though he eventually found out that the little girl is his sister-in-law but that still didn't stop the two of them betraying the older sister )his wife).

His wife finds out about it and is shattered that her lil sis would do that to her and the family lies saying that the sis is preg and wants to enter the palace to serve her man - Big sis is furious with her family!!!

Eventually things become stale for the married couple and big sis swears that she loves her husband cause hes a good husband and kind hearted etc anyways to amek things worst she becomes seriously ill during this time and eventually dies

nicky realises he was wrong to punish her but its too late, he regrets betraying her and hurting her but he does love the younger sis so he calls for the young sis to become his queen and this infuriates ZKY cause he trusted that nicky would take good care of his beloved.

to make things worst, TANG finally comes to an end and nicky and his new queen is force to move to the new capital and live under their control. ZKY's younger brother is a sleaze , he likes his wife and after ZKY die due to illness, his brother took over and ordered that nickys wife to become his new concubine. there is nothing nicky can do. his wife commits sucidie? and nicky is torn to sheds i think he wrote a heart breaking poem about his grieve and eventually he died as well.

Theres a lot more to the plot but thats the basic. Its a very good series and the themesongs especially sets the mood, the themesongs is so sad, but so good, the costumes are beautiful.. doesnt the tang women have nice clothes or what?!!!

anyone know the themesongs and where i can find it???

thanks angelbabie for taking the time to write down such a long and good review!
    I believe I have seen another series that has just the same plot as this series a few years ago. Unfortunately I couldnt get to finish this series due to time issues.
    Anyway, I'd love to see this one! Anyone knows when it will be released in Viet? Or is it released already ?

thanks angelbabiie, the story is sad...but i think that is a good serie...If you live in Americain, so this serie is not out in viet yet!
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

undefined

hi you may want to check this out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtve7vH0Pw

(:

Liu Tao's character/s in the series are so beautiful but pitiful! I didn't really fancy Li Ye (Nicky Wu) much, i preferred Er Huang (Liu Tao) with Zhao Kuang Yin, the latter really loved her so much; i thought he loved and cared for her much more than Li Ye. He never stopped loving her even after she died and he never did blame her even when she abandoned him and chose her husband in the end, whereas the same can't be said for Li Ye. I found Li Ye's jealousy and pettiness when he found out about Zhao Kuang Yin having a past r/s with his wife really annoying..the way he treated her after tt was horrible! I really disliked him when he fell for Er Huang's sister and even made her his empress after Er Huang died!

BTW, there are 2 different titles for this series. One is "Jiang Shan Mei Ren Qing". The other is "Li Hou Zhou Yu Zhao Kuang Yin".
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-31-07 at 05:18 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

if anyone will watch it, here the link:

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...mode=0#3170006

Default My review of 'Li Hou Zhu yu Zhao Kuang Yin'

Hi ladies (and gents?),

I've watched Li Hou Zhu and am very impressed with Nicky Wu's and Liu Tao's acting. Huang Wen Hao as Emperor Zhao was also impressive, but I am particularly fond of Nicky's interpretation of Li Yu. True, Li Yu should have been a better king, but he did try to protect his country. And his chemistry with Liu Tao was amazing too, particularly as the series progress.

Anyway, my review is here:
    http://becomingicha.blogspot.com/200...ife-of-li.html

Though I hated Li Yu (not Nicky, gosh, NOT Nicky! ) when he had an affair with that brat Jia Min, but I truly love the way he grew out of his problem. He amended himself, albeit too late. And Er Huang (Liu Tao)'s understanding is amazing. The last scene before she died, when she placed Jia Min next to Li Yu and then played pipa accompanying Li Yu's guzheng was amazing. Er Huang knew she would not live long; she wanted her sister to take her place instead. And Li Yu's love and sorrow were etched clearly in his face. Nicky was amazing here, and he should take more roles like this; exploring complex characters that will grow into a better man. That's always his strength, the way he developed Liang San Bo (Butterfly Lovers) and Shui Ruo Han (Treasure Venture).

Oh, and the scene where Li Yu wrote the poem on board the ship: pure effusion. Amazing acting! I was agape for a while...

Anyone know who sing the Themesong for this series. It the song that sing in the begining and it a girl voice.
    Anyone know the song tittle and name of the singer? Thanks!!!!

I am watching this series now. Really annoyed with Nicky's character. Sucks that Liu Tao couldn't live happily ever after with Howie Huang's character. He's better looking, manlier, and his love for her doesn't sway. Sometimes women makes wrong choices
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?