Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: <<<<<[- Huang Hai Bing -]>>>>>

I've never heard of him but he looks quite good tho.

haha, whenever my mom saw him, she called him the "big eyes guy." we saw some of his series and that was quite a long time ago. but we still think he's a good actor. though i did not recognize his name at first. not sure if he's cute or not, bu do like him bald in several series.

Quote Originally Posted by L4love
    haha, whenever my mom saw him, she called him the "big eyes guy." we saw some of his series and that was quite a long time ago. but we still think he's a good actor. though i did not recognize his name at first. not sure if he's cute or not, bu do like him bald in several series.
    agreed, he had a very big eyes tho.

I love martial arts, so by default, I very much admire HHB. He's been nicknamed "Wu Xia Gong Zi" (roughly...Mr Martial Arts Hero). Not only does he have great control over his moves, he does the same in his acting. Admittedly, I haven't seen too much of a range in his roles, but just by his role as ZDF, I see great potential.

In PZXY...as someone mentioned earlier, HHB creates an interesting character out of a potentially boring one. He was most impressive at portraying ZDF's witty humour, while subtley hiding an intelligence and astuteness making him a force to be reckoned with. His persistence of love was very heartfelt. I must say, PZXY (this altered version anyway) must be the few Wu Xia storylines out there that traces a certain period for a 'happily' married lead couple. ZDF was so cheeky and smart the way he evaded the forced marriage and turned the tables to marry the one he loved...although, if I were Yun Lei, I would give him a little grief for not even proposing! It was so touching though, when ZDF pulls out a seat for YL while keeping his gaze fixed on his wife, as if he can't bear to look away even for a moment.

In ZSY/MLJ...I love the basic storyline. The fact that they developed MLJ's character instead of just having her fall from riches to poverty and then straight to a ministerial position is refreshing. You actually see why MLF makes the decision in her life based on being pro-active following various set backs/failures. It makes the show so real. LBB is pretty good at acting the male role...although, I found the distinction between the female and male parts of her character a bit excessive. She was all weepy and whingy whenever she reverted to her 'female' persona. Unfortunately, HHB's character lacked a bit of depth in this series. He was your typical, upright hero. I don't understand that. Just because the female lead has to be smart, you don't necessarily have to make her partner dumb. Maybe it was for contrast reasons, but I find pairs with equal intellectual capabilities just as interesting to watch. Which is why I found LBB and the Emperor (Gao Xin...a fab actor, nothing less than what Ren Quan may have given us) a delight to watch. Gao Xin oozed with royal charisma, at the same time, dealing deftly with the insecurities of a ruler without appearing weak. But, I loved it when HHB got jealous...he was so adorable.

I never got to finish seeing Ying Xiong/Hero/Imperial Guards. I don't really like Ning Jing. I do remember though, that the actress who played Ye Min, HHB's first love, was very pretty and quite a good actress. Too bad she didn't end up with HHB. Can anybody comment a bit more on this series and is it worth watching?

i used to be quite obsessed with him for awhile, but it was shortlived. he did a pretty good job with zhang ting in huo shuai i loved that series.
    ~
    .shu chang.
    Leanna, <3

Wow. He's really hot in Fire General. Does anyone know where I could download the series in viet? I found a site but two or three of the links are inactive. Particulary episodes 18 and 21.

Here's some eye candy
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2004-04/06/xin_1104010613436052773771.jpg')
    Last edited by dragongirl; 06-04-07 at 10:49 AM.

he's in so many series.. they are all ancient.. he is very handsome ..i like him.. though in so many series.i rarely c him act out of his range...so i can't say that he's a talented actor bc i kinda c him in the same roles all the time..

It's a pity he wasn't given more scenes in Fire General. I really liked in that series.

he was hilarious in tian xia tai ping...funny, in that series, i find him more entertaining than eric....
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    he was hilarious in tian xia tai ping...funny, in that series, i find him more entertaining than eric....
    YES!! Finally someone who likes it! I've been reading mixed reviews. I'm watching it right now! The part where he was stripped of his clothing was funny as crap. I got to see his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl View Post
    YES!! Finally someone who likes it! I've been reading mixed reviews. I'm watching it right now! The part where he was stripped of his clothing was funny as crap. I got to see his legs.
    dg, do continue to watch it! its one of the most entertaining and hilarious ancient series ive seen...hhb totally made me laff!i also like hong quan....n shirley dai is sooo pretty...chen pei pei was also funny...especially during her 'war' with the rich lady who 'controls' the city stinky tofu
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Hm...World Peace is starting to get draggy so I gave up on it a couple of days. I don't' really like the girl that he likes. The voice that they use for her in viet is so annoying that it takes away all her good qualities!!!! I wish this series was subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl View Post
    Hm...World Peace is starting to get draggy so I gave up on it a couple of days. I don't' really like the girl that he likes. The voice that they use for her in viet is so annoying that it takes away all her good qualities!!!! I wish this series was subbed.
    u stopped watchng? but it was so hilarious!!!maybe it wud be better if u get the subbed one...i alwyas go for the sub rather than the dub
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    u stopped watchng? but it was so hilarious!!!maybe it wud be better if u get the subbed one...i alwyas go for the sub rather than the dub
    IS there a subbed one? If there is, it will make a WORLD of difference. i wanna see what his chinese voice sounds like. Probably way better than the viet one. You'd think that after years of dubbing the voices they would get more experience and be more professional but noooo...

Does anybody know whats been new with Huang Hai Bing? and is he seeing anyone, i heard he's married or engage or something ??

Quote Originally Posted by babi_lizzie View Post
    Does anybody know whats been new with Huang Hai Bing? and is he seeing anyone, i heard he's married or engage or something ??
    I thought I read earlier in this thread that he had a girlfriend.

He's a married man. See post 114.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Although he's definitely married since he said so himself (see here), I'm not sure who his wife really is. It could be Liu Wen, whom he dated for a long tiime according to this article. Or, it could be that mysterious Beijing Dance Academy teacher who was once Zhang Ziyi's body double according to this article. I thought they were the same person at one point, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My guess is that it's the dance teacher, since that article is more recent and the timeline would make sense.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-07-07 at 04:58 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

[quote=Lady Zhuge;336021]The series is called "Hero" ( 英雄 ) aka. "Imperial Guards". Huang Hai Bing stars in it with Ning Jing.

Lady Zhuge and anyone that has finish this serie please give me a summary. I just start watching this serie and just wonder how the ending? I finish 15 esp already, but the store I rent it from haven't have the rest. I really want to know what happen?
    Last edited by GIgis; 10-03-07 at 03:27 PM.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

Default FInish this series

I finished this series, I would say it is good, but I don't really see the chemistry between HHB and NN. Overall, I like the story line and everything else of this serie.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''