Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Hey Lady Zhuge, I am still thinking about watching "Yong Le Ying Xiong". Since Chen Long's pic is so small in the poster, I am not sure if he has a big role. Beside, the story seems to revolve around several love triangles. Guess I will wait a while to see if the show gets any good reviews. I have not seen "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan" either. I thought about it since it has Nie Yuen. However, I read somewhere that he died at the end. Not sure if I can stomach another sad ending for NY. He is another cool dude who never gets the girl! Are you planning to watch either "Yong Le Ying Xiong" or "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan"?

"San Shao Ye De Jian" is an adaptation from a Gu Long's novel. I think the story is about two sword experts and their duel. Here is the poster and a short summary on yesasia.

You didn't miss much by skipping 'Ru Lai Shen Zhang' except for Chen Long's part. He looks quite good with Athena. I keep hoping she will end up with her instead of Julian.

Hi FaMoonLau, I got "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan" already, but I'm still thinking about "Yong Le Ying Xiong". STYXZ looks really exciting, which appeals to me right off the bat. Both Huang Hai Bing and Nie Yuan look quite dashing. NY looks like a young Zhao Yun. There doesn't seem to be any pretty girls for you to drool over, though. Don't let a possible sad ending for NY stop you from watching the show! HGZ didn't exactly have a great one either.
    The main attraction of YLYX for me is Tang Guo Qiang, but I'm not sure how much screen time he will really get.

Thanks for the link to "San Shao Ye De Jian". It didn't seem to get very good reviews.

I love Julian and Athena together! They were great in LOCH 1994 as Guo Jing and Huang Rong.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge, since you already have "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan", have you taken a peek or watch the first episode? If so, what do you think? Is it as exciting as you thought? I am still on the fence about STYXZ. No pretty girl and a sad ending. Maybe I will get it after a while since there is nothing else to watch.

Julian and Athena were definitely much better in LOCH 1994 as Guo Jing and Huang Rong. I think Athena is too tan in RLSZ and it makes her look old. Julian's character annoys me. He gives the impression of being so overwhelmed by the events.

So, what do you think of Xiao Hai in "New Reincarnation"?

Hi FaMoonLau! I watched the first episode of STYXZ tonight and it looks pretty good. There are quite a few familiar faces in the cast. Too bad Xiao Hai isn't one of them, though. The opening song is very powerful. There was a lot of action and as with many first episodes, it basically set the premise for what is to come. HHB and NY were not in the first episode, but their young counterparts were. Their characters are cousins.

I like Xiao Hai in "New Reincarnation". He is wearing a ton of makeup to make him look younger though, since his character is supposed to be around 20 years of age. His character is not just one-dimensional. At the beginning, Fu Yu Shu was like the perfect gentleman, but it's slowly been revealed throughout the show that he is actually a spy for another sect who wants to seek revenge for his grandfather. Does this series not interest you very much?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge, I saw part of the old 'Reincarnation' a long time ago and the story did not interest me. Beside, I am not really a fan of any of the leads. So, I am going to skip 'New Reincarnation' even if Xiao Hai is in it.

Have you finished watching 'Smart Kid'? If so, what do you think of Ning Wang? Do you think LBB had a crush on him? How is Fu Yu Shu compared to Ning Wang?

I guess you can't tell much from watching one episode of 'Sui Tang'. If you do watch more, let me know what you think of HHB and NY.

hi famoonlau lady zhuge:
    oh, so you're watching "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan" ? i saw a few episodes of this one a few months ago, but frankly, it didn't really made much of an impression on me. i don't know why, must be coz i don't like the girl paired with hbb.
    yeay!!!! i am officially in my sem break!!!!
    my break will be about a month long, so don't worry, i will get the chance to watch all those.
    Tian Yiu Sheng Shui is directed and starred in by Huang Lei, it also stars FBB, Geng Le, Huang Lei's girlfriend Ma Yi Li, Li Jie etc... and also, Lu Yi will guest star.
    the story revolves around the Fan family who were the keepers of a precious library with valuable collection, basically, its a very good drama..... i would recommend you to watch it.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hey you two!

FaMoonLau, I agree that NR isn't that exciting of a story, but leave it to Xiao Hai to make up for that. I probably wouldn't have watched the show either, had Xiao Hai not been in it. His character is sooooo evil right now. Fu Yu Shu has raped Lun Wan Er, killed Chong Zheng's leader and the guy who was next in line to be the leader, and I don't think he's finished yet. Xiao Hai does a great job transforming back and forth between being really kind and concerned and being a total "wang4 en1 fu4 yi4" monster.

I haven't started watching "Smart Kid" yet. Believe me, when I do, you'll know about it.

I've watched four episodes of STYXZ now. There is some court intrigue (albeit pretty shallow in quality compared to the likes of "Yong Zheng Wang Chao") and I remember you saying you don't like that sort of thing very much. Tse Kwon Ho is really good as the evil crowned prince and future emperor of Sui. I think Huang Hai Bing looks better in this show than in PZXY. His makeup is not overly done and I can actually describe him as handsome at some angles. Nie Yuan still hasn't appeared yet.
    I'm at the part where HHB seems to have just fallen for Li Rong Rong (this is the character's name, 'cause I don't recognize the actress) at first sight (or actually, sound in this case ), the girl you're referring to, Jenny. I think she's pretty, but she might not have the same chemistry HHB had with FBB, though.

Is TYSS a new drama? It still isn't ringing any bells, but it does sound interesting. Is there a lot of action? I don't think Ma Yi Li is Huang Lei's girlfriend (unless you mean in the show), 'cause he's married to Sun Li.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-11-04 at 04:28 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hello Jenny and Lady Zhuge Jenny, you have started your break finally. Are you going to watch 'Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi' soon? I can't wait to hear what you think of the show.

I heard that HHB and NY did a good job in STYXZ. Someone made the same comment about HHB looking better in STYXZ than in PZXY. I don't mind court intrigue if it is coupled with lots of action. Actually, I also don't mind court/political intrigue if it is like the kind in 'Shuang Long Hui'. There are supposed to be two girls in STYXZ. Do you have pic of Li Rong Rong, Lady Zhuge? Just want to see how she looks like. The other girl is paired with NY. I think her name in the show is Bing Bing. Saw some of her pics at the NY fan site. She looks ok.

Who is Tse Kwon Ho? I heard he was very good in 'Book and Sword' with ZWZ. I thought about watching that serie but the girls were not pretty. The one who played the princess looked kind of weird.

Hi FaMoonLau! I looked around for some pics of Li Rong Rong, but could only find this one, in which she is on the far right:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ahtv.com.cn/img/2004-05/12/styxz5.jpg')

It's not a very flattering shot, but I think that she really does look better on-screen. If I see some better pics, I'll post them.

This is actually the first time I've seen Tse Kwan Ho act (Xie Jun Hao in pin yin) and he is very impressive. There's a thread on him here. You can see some pics of him here.

Back to Xiao Hai now.

Here's a fan's account of her meeting with Xiao Hai at Heng Dian (where he's currently filming "Shang Dao"):

作者: 冰海心 发表时间: 2004-9-21 22:26:53

9月17日 我坐车去横店 定了海哥哥他们住的那个宾馆 晚上到达横店后 我并没有直接去找海哥哥 而是先出去吃饭 然后回房间写了封信 准备交给海哥哥 信写完 已经快2点了 我休息了一会儿 早上6点 我就起床 下楼去把信给服务台 让服务台的人转交给海哥 可是 服务台还没有上班 我又上楼去等 等到7.30 我打服务台电话 有人接了 我才下去把信给服务台 然后 又上楼休息 大约8点半左右 海哥助理打电话来问我:"是冰海心吗?"我说是,然后她问我是几个人来的.我说就我一个人. 助理问我:"那你要来看我们拍戏吗?"我说:"那好啊,我大概10点钟来"整理好 要给海哥的礼物 然后我就往他们 拍戏的地方出发.助理让我到了门口给她打电话.
    到了门口之后 我打电话给助理姐姐 她和剧组的车一起出来接的我 上了剧组的车 我一不小心 还踩了助理姐姐一脚 还好她没有生气
    后来进了拍摄现场 海哥正在拍戏 我在旁边坐了一会儿 海哥过来了 刚开始 我也不知道和他说什么 先和他 握手 然后 把我准备的好多 礼物给他 后来我提出拍照 但现场不能有闪光灯 所以他就带我去了 后面的一个花园拍照 离他们拍戏的地方也很近 我们说话都不能大声说 都只有小声的说 感觉声音小的好像 老鼠 我先给海哥哥拍了几张他自己的照片 然后又找来别人为我们拍了几张合影 下来之后 我也不知道说什么了 海哥哥说:“下午的太阳光好,可以下午再来拍”于是 我就说“ 那下午再拍 ” 收起相机 我们聊了一会儿 导演在叫了 于是 海哥又去拍戏了 我也就先出去逛逛 等下午再拍
    然后 我就去了<中华小当家>剧组 玩了玩 下午3点半左右 天开始变阴 下起了大雨 我在<中华小当家>借了一把伞 然后又往海哥那里去 这个时间他正在拍戏 我在旁边坐了会儿 等他休息的时候 我坐他身边 请他给俱乐部的其中 几位海迷们写了几条祝福语 然后 看着他把海迷们的留言和( 红色树 )所写的文章看完 他又和我聊了聊 由于雨很大 天色也不好 所以 我也就没有再提拍照的事情 聊了一会儿后 海哥就躺在 躺椅上面休息了 看他太累 我也没有打搅 助理姐姐就在一旁给他摇扇子 我也在旁边坐着
    很快到了 吃饭时间 剧组发盒饭 我 海哥 还有助理姐姐 和别的演员 大家都一起吃的盒饭( 剧组的工作真辛苦啊 ) 吃完饭后 海哥又开始拍戏 而我又在旁边坐着看( 由于下雨,我回不去 ) 一直坐到晚上 开始听说 大概9点拍完 结果到了10点也没有完 后来剧组有人说要拍到2点钟 我差点没有晕过去 不过 为了看海哥 拍戏 晚上2点也值得
    所以我又继续等 终于等到了12点 导演已经叫:"收工" 然后开始发放宵夜( 炒面 ) 我和助理姐姐 一人拿了一盒回宾馆去吃

然后 我们就一起坐剧组的车回去了~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    由于海哥拍戏很累 所以 到了 宾馆大堂 我们就分头走了

第2 天早上 我正收拾东西 准备离开横店 助理姐姐打电话来 说海哥问我 有没有什么需要帮忙的 我说:"没有了,就是有海迷想要签名照."然后 助理姐姐就问我要几张 我说:"随便,越多越好" 然后助理姐姐就说 那一会儿给我拿过来 挂断电话 我又开始收拾东西 到了11点多 有人敲门 我以为是宾馆来打扫房间 结果一开门 居然是海哥 吓了我一跳 没想到海哥会亲自给我送照片过来 我有问他:"不是在拍戏吗?怎么有空来."他说回去补装,换头套. 然后 海哥给了我3张签名照 让我自己发配 又问了几句关切的话之后 就又回到化妆间去忙了 而我也收拾好了行李 离开了横店
    Lucky!!! I probably wouldn't know what to say if I met him in person either, but I would certainly think of something...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Lady Zhuge, thanks for posting Rong Rong's pic. She looks so so in the pic like you said. I think the girl on the lower left is Bing Bing who is NY's love interest in STYXZ. Who are the fat guy and gal on the right? A lot of people seem to like Xie Jun Hao. You said he played the crown prince. Is he related to Li Shi Min? I guess he is another one of those good looking baddy. What do you think of HHB's character? Is he just one of the many generals?

I am surprised that the producer actually let a fan get that close to Xiao Hai. For all you know, the girl was a wacko or something. If I get to meet Xiao Hai in person, I would certainly let him know that he looks much cooler with hair! I know, I know... I should stop obsessing about his head. But I am just so bored since there is nothing new to watch.

hey guys!
    yes, TYSS is a new drama, and i don't think its out yet, but am so looking forward to it. it revolves around the lives of the members of the Fan family, its a very good drama, i saw a character analysis on it a few weeks back, will post it here if you want to.
    whoops! made a mistake. yes, huang lei is married to sun li, sun li is also in this serial, as well as ma yi li, got mixed up, sorry.
    regarding STYXZ, well, i guessed i got bored at the middle, but Nie Yuan's loveteam here is very cute and lively, but his family does not want her for their son coz she belongs to a family of.... argh! you know, sort of like heaven and earth society wherein they help out the poor. while Nie Yuan is the son of a general, i remember feeling sorry for him coz he is very much controlled by his father, even making friends with poets is not allowed, everything is restricted, coz he's the son of a general.
    i actually like Nie Yuan's lovestory better than HHB"s one.

Hi FaMoonLau and Jenny!

Bing Bing looks like a kid in that pic whereas Rong Rong looks much more mature. I haven't had a chance to watch any further episodes these days, so I still haven't seen BB or Nie Yuan. I don't know who the fat guy and gal are since I'm not far enough along in the show yet. The lady in the background on the left is the mother of a childhood friend of HHB's character. The friend and his mom saved HHB, his mother, and their bodyguard after HHB's father general Qin was killed by Yang Lin. Unfortunately, the chubby friend and his mom had to run for their lives after the prior killed a corrupt leader, and they haven't appeared again since. The actor who played Du Du in PZXY is also in this show. I wonder if he plays the grown-up version of that friend of HHB's? I'll just have to watch and see.

No, Xie Jun Hao's character Yang Guang is not related to Li Shimin. For one thing, his surname is Yang, and he would be an emperor of the Sui dynasty. He is good-looking, but I think it's more of his acting skills that I would praise. He plays a good guy in B & S 2002.

HHB's character is okay. He's not a general yet. He's a guard for the local town court right now. I'm sure he'll be seeking revenge for his father's death eventually, though.

Jenny, I found TYSS at tigercool. Sure, please post the character analysis. Thank you.

I was wondering how that fan found out which hotel Xiao Hai was staying at. According to what she wrote, she had to contact Xiao Hai's manager first and the manager arranged for her to come and watch the shooting of the series. I would think that the manager wouldn't let a wacko fanatic near her client. Xiao Hai was so nice to take time out of his busy schedule to let the girl take pictures of him and with him. They even got to chat for a bit, albeit in mousy voices. Here are some pics the very, very lucky fan took of Xiao Hai alone:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file1.hawa.cn/userpic/778466/43452/down/1097240513383.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file1.hawa.cn/userpic/778466/43452/down/1097239268982.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file1.hawa.cn/userpic/778466/43452/down/1097239268415.JPG')

Here are a couple that she took with Xiao Hai:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file1.hawa.cn/userpic/778466/43452/down/1097240512866.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file1.hawa.cn/userpic/778466/43452/down/1097240512443.JPG')
    I seriously cannot believe that she's not smiling from ear-to-ear. It's like she's afraid to touch him or something. Maybe she can't be sure if it's just a dream or not.
    I heard that Xiao Hai will be at Heng Dian for another 2-3 months.

Here's a page of Xiao Hai's autographs for his fans.

FaMoonLau, there is plenty to watch. I think you're just too picky. Anyway, I'm sure Xiao Hai would appreciate your input on his hairstyles and head shape. I would tell him how cool and handsome he looks period, but suggest that he take on better roles that are more deserving of his talents.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-13-04 at 07:23 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge and Jenny, I think TYSS is also available at Yesasia. They are having a 50% sale on mainland series so it is the same price as tigercool. In addition, you get free shipping for orders over $39. A pretty good deal, IMO.

Thanks Jenny for the feedback on STYXZ. I heard that NY's character, Luo Cheng, was supposed to be very obedient. Too bad his parents did not approve of BB. I guess I am a little confused about STYXZ. Isn't it about the start of the Tang dynasty and the rise of Li Shi Min? Or is it about the period before that?

I can't believe that the fan did not even smile in the pics with Xiao Hai. That woman looks weird. She looked more freaked out than pleased to be standing next to XH. If I was his manager, I would certainly keep that woman away from him. Lady Zhuge, don't you wish you could switch places with her? I think you would have swooned when Xiao Hai put his arms around you like he did in that pic. hehe I wish there is more info on 'Shang Dao'. Just want to know if XH is the lead and who is the female lead!

Julian is finally kicking some butts in 'Ru Lai Shen Zhang'. It's about time. His wimpy role was so irritating. Chen Long is so cool. I wonder if he has a big part in YLYX.

Hi FaMoonLau! So far, STYXZ is about the Sui dynasty and I think it's mainly going to focus on that.

Haha, of course I wish I could switch places with her!!! She doesn't even look remotely excited. My heart would probably skip so many beats that I might go into cardiac arrest if Xiao Hai put his arms around me. She should have put her arms around his shoulders in that pic where she's standing behind him or at the very least, smiled.
    I'm sure there will be more info on "Shang Dao" when production is closer to completion. I wouldn't hold out for a hot female lead if I were you, though.

Maybe Julian's character just needed development in RLSZ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I guess Julian's character belongs to the developmentally challanged group since it took him 40 episodes to finally have the gut to kick the bad guy's butt. I hope he does a lot of butt kicking soon as there are only four more episodes to go.

If I see Xiao Hai, I will certainly warn him not to put his arms around you since we don't want you to have cardiac arrest!

Are you almost done with "New Reincarnation" yet? Just curious about what happens to Xiao Hai/Fu Yu Shu at the end. Did Jason kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by FaMoonLau
    If I see Xiao Hai, I will certainly warn him not to put his arms around you since we don't want you to have cardiac arrest!
    Now, now, let's not be hasty. For Xiao Hai, I'm willing to take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FaMoonLau
    Are you almost done with "New Reincarnation" yet? Just curious about what happens to Xiao Hai/Fu Yu Shu at the end. Did Jason kill him?

I finished watching NR today actually. Yes, Jason kills Xiao Hai at the end, but it was kind of pathetic. FYS killed his own son by mistake and then was really mournful about that irony when he found out the truth and while he was all sad and bitter, Jason hit him on the side of his head and killed him. FYS did so many evil deeds, so I thought that was a rather easy death for him. He should have suffered longer.
    Xiao Hai didn't let me down at all. He was terrific and I'm an even bigger fan of his now.

I really wish I could find a copy of Xiao Hai's performance on that one broadway play he did some time back called "Mu Yu" (Mother Tongue). There doesn't seem to be much information on it. I wonder if there's any chance that he would return to the US for a visit or something one day.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well, here is the char. analysis:
    Source: Fbb Netandtv Club 12/10/03

Fan Shu-han (Huang Lei)

Member of the Fan family, a rebellious young fellow under his uncle's care. Destiny seems to play games with him; both of his brothers die in his arms, his lover Lin Ruo-yun also die for his cause. He later encounters a Chinese-Jewish interracial Xie Ming-ni who looks just like his previous lover. They fall in love, but is separated in later day. He protects the family's book collection under Japanese invasion, and goes to Europe and brings back Xie Ming-ni who survives the concentration camp. After the Chinese civil war, he welcomes the Communist army at his front door, and donates all the family's book collection to the public.

Fan Yun-lian (Fan Bingbing)

A Japanese descendant growing up in the Fan family. She's a typical traditional Asian woman, disciplined and self-controlled, but the heart inside is full with passion. She loves Zi Wen dearly, but reality dictates her marriage with Lin Shao-qin. The couple struggle between love and hatred, When Lin Shao-qin is accused of treachery, she rescues him out of imprisonment. She has a one night of passion with Zi Wen and bears a son by him. She goes to Japan in later days, and accepts her husband's remorse.

Lin Shao-qin (Geng Le)

A French-educated young man from a socially prestigious family. A closed friend with Bo Qing, the oldest son of Fan family. Becomes estrange with Shu-han after his sister and father died. He marries Fan Yun-lian. When Japanese seizes Shanghai, he surrenders part of the book collections under pressure, and Yun-lian moves out of their home in protest. He is accused of treachery after Japanese surrender, but is rescued by Yun-lian. The couple emigrates to Japan in later days, and he lives the rest of his life in remorse.

Fan Bo-qing (Wang Jing-song)

The oldest son in the Fan family, kind and dutiful, he's responsible to look after the family's book collection. He marries Jiang Ming-yi, the daughter of a gang leader. In order to relieve his headache, he's addicted to opium. He protects the site where the family stores their book collection when Japanese invades the city, and emigrates with his wife to Singapore in later days.

Fang Zi-wen (Li Jie)

A book-keeper for the Fan family, a timid intellectual, has a wife back home in countryside. A spiritual lover of Fan Yun-lian at her youth, after Yun-lian gets married, he stays with the family, taking care of the books. Has a one-night-stand with Yun-lian, but loses his sight in a fire accident.

Lin Ruo-yun (Ma Yi-li)

Innocent and playful, a childhood friend of Shu-han and Zhong-qi. Educated in France. The family arranges her marriage with Bo Qing, but she's in love with Shu-han. The two run away, but she dies in the middle of the way.

Xie Ming-ni (Ma Yi-li)

A Chinese and Jewish interracial orphan who travels with her adopted father, a magician. Encounters Shu-han, falls in love but is later separated. When they finally meet, both are married. She survives the Jewish concentration camp that the Japanese sent her to. Shu-han brings her back to the Fan family, she dies in his arms. She's buried in the family cemetery.

Jiang Ming-yi (Sun Li)

A classmate of Fan Yun-lian, smart and open-minded, father is a gang leader. She often visits the Fan family; she's also in love with Bo Qing. She gets what she wanted, and marries Bo Qing in later days and becomes the hostess of the family. She has a controlled romance with a Beijing Opera singer, and emigrates to a Southeastern Asian country with her husband.

hey, your'e right. how come that girl isn't smiling? she looks more terrified rather than thrilled! if that was you lady zhuge, i bet that you would even have hugged sXH!!!

Thanks again for posting the character analysis, Jenny. Ma Yi Li plays two roles? Does Li Jie have a big part? I remember him as Lin Ping Zhi in XAJH 2001 and he did a great job of acting. I hated him (or rather, his character) with a passion. I wonder how he does in other roles? Have you gotten this series yet? What show are you going to watch first?

If I get a chance to meet Xiao Hai, I would probably give him more than just a hug.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well, i got Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi, but i still haven't started coz i am finishing "Dao Guang Hu Ying" and Tian Long Ba Bu first.
    i think i can watch it maybe by next week.
    i was suppose to get TYSS also, but it was out! so i think i will get to watch it maybe by the end of this month.
    i now have the problem of having to watch so many tv series in just a short space of time, hopefully i will get to finish it all.
    what about you lady zhuge? still watching STYXZ?

Hi Jenny! That's great that your rental shop has "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi". I look forward to all the details about Xiao Hai's character in there once you're done watching it. How do you like the other shows you've been watching so far?

Yep, I'm still watching STYXZ.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")