Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Hi FaMoonLau! Thanks for the details about XXJ. It sounds like 90% talk and 10% action. The passing of the royal exam is a lot like what Cai Chen's mom required him to do before she would allow his marriage to Xiao Qian. Typical scholar stuff, I guess. Anyway, it's nice to know that Xiao Hai at least made the best of a dull storyline.

More details regarding Xiao Hai's current whereabouts: He is in Zhe Jiang Heng Dian ( 浙江横店 ) filming "Shang Dao". Tammy Chen will be in this production too. I wonder if she will be matched up with Xiao Hai? In any case, I just get the feeling that he will once again be jipped in the beautiful girl department.

If you want to leave Xiao Hai a message at his current locale, you can do so here. Make sure the message is in Chinese though, since I don't think he knows much English.

For anyone who is interested, here is the "Hua Gu Zi" ending theme song MV: Xiang Si Lei.
    The images are kind of fuzzy, but it's very complete (unlike what's shown at the end of the actual show) and seeing Xiao Hai looking so cool makes me want to rewatch certain parts again.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

You are welcome, Lady Zhuge. Is 'Shange Dao' an ancient serie? Who is Tammy Chen? Her name sounds familiar but I just can't recall the face. What make you think that Xiao Hai will not get the girl again? Are there some clues in the messages you read? I hope Xiao Hai won't be stuck in the villian role forever. He is good at it but I really want to see a serie where he is the lead and gets the pretty girl at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hi everyone!
    Tinac...opera? The story would already have 2 strikes against it right there. Sorry, you can probably guess my feelings about Chinese operas...
    Hi Lady Zhuge,
    You don't like opera? I am not too keen on the stuff either, my mom used to take me watch them and I'd fall asleep on her lap .. 8-)

Actually, quite a lot of good stories are from Chinese opera, like "Lady Fan", "Yang Family", "White Snake" ... tons, afterall that's the mode of entertainment back then. No, VCDs and DVDs afterall.... he he ..
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

halu! you're right lady zhuge. i guessed we wouldn't have covered that. gee, now i am realizing how much time i have wasted, not listening to my history class! to think that it will come useful when one is watching ancient series. well, at that time, all i could think of was that it was such a waste of time, and i was doing my homework in english back then, instead of paying attention to my chinese history teacher. hehe, chinese history lessons are so boring, i'd rather watch it!!!
    ow, is 'Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi' long? i am going to rent it 2 weeks from now, when our school lets out, i will let you know if its good or not.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi guys!

FaMoonLau, yes, "Shang Dao" is an ancient serial. Tammy Chen is a Taiwanese actress from series such as "Lavender" with Ambrose Hsu and "Shu Jian Qing Xia Liu San Bian" with Jimmy Lin. You can see some pics of her here. She's cute, but not quite Xiao Hai-worthy IMHO. I don't know if Xiao Hai will be playing a villain or end up with any girl in this show, but I just have a gut feeling that he won't be matched up with a pretty one. I hope more info will be released about his new project soon and I keep checking shenxiaohai.com, but the news section hasn't been updated in almost 2 months.

Tinac, no, I don't like opera. Well, at least Chinese opera. I remember my grandparents used to watch it when I was little and I'm pretty sure I despised the sound even then. I do think it's okay if it's part of a good story (like in the film "Farewell, My Concubine"), though.
    True, true, I guess there weren't too many entertainment options back then, but IMO, sleep just sounds so much more appealing than the combination of heavy makeup and nauseous noises.

Jenny, so are you counting down the days 'til break yet? I totally agree with you. If it wasn't for series, I wouldn't have nearly as much interest in or curiosity about Chinese history as I do now.
    I believe "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi" is 30 episodes long. Here's a pic of its cover from Yesasia.com:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/56/p1003228156.jpg')

You can see Xiao Hai all the way to the right there, in white.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I saw a few episodes of 'Lavender' and Tammy Chen was not bad. She was also in 'Si Ta Ming Pu' with Nie Yuan, Peter Ho, Wang Xue Bing and Eric Huang. Her costume was plain and her hair style was kind of weird. Moreover, Echo Shen was also in the same serie and she won hands down in the beauty department. I think Tammy looks better in modern series. Hope she is not paired up with Xiao Hai in 'Shang Dao'.

Did you not like "Lavender", FaMoonLau?

Here are a few "different-from-usual" Xiao Hai pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/hj1.jpg')
    Those girls are so lucky.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/hj3.jpg')
    Isn't the guy in the foreground of the above pic the actor who played "Mr. Fatty" in HGZ?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/hj2.jpg')

Xiao Hai's expressions and poses are sooooo cute and I love his hair!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

His name sounds like sheng xiao hai

which is to have a baby/ give birth to

Quote Originally Posted by Tupplestone
    His name sounds like sheng xiao hai

which is to have a baby/ give birth to
    Um...I guess if you have a really weird accent or something...
    Otherwise, it sounds nothing of the sort.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yeah... i am now counting down the days till my much needed sem break! God!!! do you guys realized how much series i have missed watching becoz i am too caught up in my studies? well, i am going to catch up once sem break hits the sack!!! i get to be free for the whole month of October!!! yeay!!!
    aw, xiao hai looks soooo adorable!!!! sigh.... those girls are so lucky!!!
    well, at least "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi" isn't that long, i ws having second thoughts on renting it since xiao hai is not the lead. but then, i still wanna watched it!!! what else can you recommend, preferably, xiao hai is the lead.

Lady Zhuge, where did you find these pics? Are they recent? Xiao Hail looks so much younger in modern clothes although his outfit is rather shabby. Don't you think he looks like he is about 29 instead of 35? I don't recognize the girls. Wonder if they are some minor actresses. Yep, the guy in the foreground is Mr. Porky in HGZ and he looks even worse in regular clothes!

I am generally not into modern series and 'Lavender' was just ok IMO. Have you seen it? If so, do you like it?

Jenny, I can't wait for your semester break to start either. Then, you can watch "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi" and tell us about Xiao Hai's role in the show. I really hope it is a good one. If you have not seen 'Hua Gu Zhi', I highly recommend it. Xiao Hai was just so cool and suave in that serie and you get to see a lot of him since he is the second lead. Rebecca Wang and Xiao Hai looked great together. The serie is not that long, only 35 episodes. Just fast forward thru Zhang Ting's crying and moping unless you are her fan.

FaMoonLau, those pics are from shenxiaohai.com, but I'm not sure exactly what part of the site, though. I'm wondering when they're from too. They might be before the filming of HGZ, which wasn't all that long ago. I agree that Xiao Hai's clothes aren't all that great, but he does look younger in modern clothes. Well, actually he looked pretty young in HGZ too.
    Mr. Porky seems to have thinning hair and I think what makes him look worse is that he's standing in the same shot as our handsome Xiao Hai.

I've only seen the first 2 episodes of "Lavender" and actually liked what I saw. I've got to finish watching the rest of it some time.

Jenny, as you can see, we're as excited about your break as you are!!! I agree with FaMoonLau. Definitely watch "Hua Gu Zi" if you're a Xiao Hai fan. He looks incredibly yummy and he has a really cool role in it. Yes, he is the second male lead and do have your finger on the fastforward button for Zhang Ting's crying, since I don't think you're a fan of hers. Well, even if you were, I doubt you'd be able to stand all that moping.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hehe. thanks guys. how about you? don't you guys have sem breaks to pine for?
    he does look younger in modern clothes, but i prefer him in his costumes with his hair very long. mature guys have a totally different charisma from young cuties. its their maturity that makes them attractive....
    ok, i am adding HGZ in my list now, and it is growing every minute....
    you guessed right lady zhuge, i am not really a fan of zhang ting, so i guess i have to be ready with the fast forward button, i can't stand her in comedy scenes, let alone in scenes where she is moping....
    i guess i would start with "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi", i just hope my rental place have it! well, they'd better have it!!!!!!

Hi Jenny!

I am looking forward to fall break, but it's only 4 days long and I will have to study for my microbiology test and lab practicum during that time too. The break I'm really pining for is winter break, since it's over a month long. Unfortunately, that's still over two months away.

Enjoy HGZ and XQXWY! I can't wait to read your opinions on them. What else is on your list to see during this break?

I'm going to start "New Reincarnation" soon. Yay.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Xiao Hai pictures from "Shang Dao", courtesy of shenxiaohai.com!!! There are a couple of familiar faces from HGZ in the cast.

Xiao Hai with the actress who played FaMoonLau's "favorite" character Xiao Kui:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/sd/c2.jpg')

It's HGZ's dad in yet another production:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/sd/c26.jpg')

This is a very good angle shot of Xiao Hai. He is so handsome.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/sd/c28.jpg')

My favorite pic of the batch!!! I just looooooooove Xiao Hai's smile. It's so charismatic and natural. He needs to show off those pearly straight white teeth more often.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/sd/c24.jpg')

Xiao Hai out-of-costume. He kind of looks like Dicky in this pic, very, very cute!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/sd/c20.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge, thanks for posting the pics from 'Shang Dao'. Is that really Xiao Kui? She looks like Xiao Hai's older sister! I bet TZ would not take her along if he had seen this pic. Beside the pics, do they have other info on the serie? I wonder what the story is about. I am getting so bored. Nothing interesting to watch.

Hi FaMoonLau! Yep, that's the actress who played Xiao Kui all right. I think she's okay. Her smile seems kind of forced and unnatural, but I don't dislike her like you seem to. I haven't seen any information regarding the series itself, but once I do, I'll post it here. Even though he is so busy with filming, Xiao Hai still took the time out to thank his fans for all of their support as well as to wish everyone a happy Moon Festival!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www4.7show.net/lovesxh/1859.jpg')

You're bored??? I am so jealous. Did you finish watching "Miracle Healers"? How did you like that show overall? There's nothing interesting to watch? My problem is that there's too much that I want to watch, but not enough time. I'm currently watching "New Reincarnation" and it's okay so far. It got off to a slow start, but the story is getting more intriguing now. Xiao Hai plays Fu Yu Shu, a handsome young prince with good kung fu skills who seems like a very upstanding guy right now, but of course that's not really the case. I am really looking forward to his character development.
    I'm going to watch "Ni Shui Han" next. I've already seen the first episode of that series and there's a lot of exciting action, plus I've heard that it's very good from people who've finished the whole thing. Of course it doesn't hurt that Julian is the star.

Xiao Hai's birthday is October 5, which it already is in China, but will be tomorrow for U.S. time zones. I would just like to take this opportunity to wish him a very happy birthday, eternal happiness, and of course success in his career (especially in landing suave roles in which his character gets the beautiful girl )!!! I hope he gets to take a nice relaxing break on his birthday, but I doubt the tight shooting schedule will allow it.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i also plan to watch Tian Long Ba Bu 2003, Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan(which stars Liu Yi Fei and the very cute Hu Ge!), Palace of Desire(i told you, i wanna rewatched this) and Tian Yi Sheng Shui if it is already out.

Lucky you, Lady Zhuge and Jenny. So many shows to watch. Somehow, none of those seem interesting to me. Saw Julian in 'Ru Lai Shen Zhang' and he was ok. I actually prefer the other guy, Chen Long. He was another suave dude. Too bad, he does not do many ancient series. He was in 'San Shao Ye De Jian'. But I heard it was a bad serie. Have you seen it?

I am currently watching 'Shuang Long Hui' on TV. Although I generally don't enjoy this type of show, this serie is an exception. It is really good. Zhang Guo Li, Zhang Tie Lin and Wang Kang are the best. Their conversation are so funny and they really have great chemistry in this show.

I finished watching 'Miracle Healer' a while back. It was a funny serie except for the last part when ZWZ had a mental problem. Alyssa was so funny and cute. I really like ZWZ and Alyssa. They made a good couple. I thought about watching 'Zhi Zun Hong Yan' but it had a sad ending. Wonder if there are any new shows coming out later this year.

Hi guys!

Jenny, good luck finishing all those dramas in two weeks! XJQXZ is out already? I saw the trailer, but it didn't appeal to me at all. What's "Tian Yi Sheng Shui" and who's in it?

FaMoonLau, I bypassed "'Ru Lai Shen Zhang" since I heard it wasn't that great, but it can't be bad if Julian was in it. You should watch him in more shows. He is not only a hottie, but a hottie who can act and sing.
    Chen Long is in a new ancient drama called "Yong Le Ying Xiong". What's "San Shao Ye De Jian" about? I haven't even heard of it, let alone seen it.

I've seen the first 9 episodes of "Shuang Long Hui" and totally agree with you. It's very funny and entertaining. The Iron Triangle is at its best and they have great chemistry in a lot of shows that they're in together. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to watch the rest of this show yet.

Hopefully there will be some new shows coming out this year that will interest you. Have you seen "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan"? It's not exactly a brand new show, but it does look pretty good.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")