Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Hi Lily! Thanks for popping into Xiao Hai's thread and showing your support! Have you finished watching "New Reincarnation" yet? Is his character purely evil or is he more complex?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge and LilyPhuong, I am also curious about Xiao Hai's role in 'New Reincarnation'. SXH said that it was his favorite role. I saw some pics of him from that serie. At first, he looked cool but later he looked weird with dark makeup. Is that when he became evil - kind of like Jin Guang in 'Chinese Ghost Story'?

Lady Zhuge, don't you think Zhao Wen Xuan looked cooler in the second role? He was ruthless, not wishy washy like the first one. All he wanted was power and he did not hesitate to use Tai Ping to get it. Do you think Xiao Hai would fit Zhao Wen Xuan's role?

Well in the series New reincarnation... he's one of those deceitful characters. He pretends to be nice and sincere but deep down inside he has a plan to ruin that one famous sect (don't know how to write it in chinese but in viet it's Vo Duong). True, sometimes, his make up is a little bit dark but then they're in an area of snow so they need to do that or esle everyone is going to look like pale ghosts. i like his costume in this series, way better than what Wu Jing wears. He looks handsome in this series. I didn't know he is the same guy in that Chinese ghost story remake until i read about it in the forum. He's hot in this series. His acting is very good. In the beginning, i didn't know that he was evil. My mom ...still doubts that he's evil ....heheh.. Yup, he's that good!

Famoonlau, who's this Zhao Wen Xuan you're talking about?
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

FaMoonLau, I am of the opinion that Zhao Wen Xuan's second role was more interesting than the first, but he looked pretty much the same to me in both roles. Tai Ping must have thought so too, for the whole trick to work. I did say earlier that I think Xiao Hai would have done as good of a job (or perhaps even better) in ZWX's roles in "Palace of Desire". Do you concur?

Lily, have you seen "Da Ming Gong Ci" (aka. "Palace of Desire") starring Chen Hong as princess Tai Ping?
    Here's a pic of the serial's cover courtesy of yesasia.com:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/69/l_p1003738169.jpg')

Zhao Wen Xuan is the actor who played the first husband of Tai Ping (daughter of Wu Ze Tian) and then in a separate role later on in the show, her concubine.

Thanks a lot for the info about Xiao Hai's role and character in "New Reincarnation". Please give us more as you continue watching. Does he appear a lot? Does he have a love interest?
    Even though the character was purely evil, I thought Xiao Hai was HOT as Jin Guang in ACGS.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge, I think Xiao Hai would do well in ZWX's first role as Tai Ping's husband in "Palace of Desire". Not sure if he would fit the second role. It would be interesting to see how Xiao Hai would play the 'boy toy' role. His expression is generally quite serious while ZWX was very flirtatious as the concubine.

LilyPhuong, did Xiao Hai have a love interest in "New Reincarnation"? I saw pics of him and He Mei Tien. Did she like him at all? Do you like him better in 'New Reincarnation' compared to 'Chinese Ghost Story'?

FaMoonLau, are you saying that Xiao Hai would do well in what you deemed as the cowardly and wishy washy first role, but perhaps not so great in the cooler and more interesting second role?
    I think that given the opportunity, Xiao Hai would be able to pull off a mischievous role quite well. ZWX generally looks pretty serious to me too, and yet he did a good job as the flirtatious concubine.

Doesn't Xiao Hai look playful to you here?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/qt9.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ouch! Don't hit me so hard, Lady Zhuge! All I was saying was that Xiao Hai looked better in a serious role like Tai Ping's first husband. I think he can pull off the wishy washy part. I know Xiao Hai does well as a charming and devious character. But the concubine was more flirtatious and seductive than charming. Guess I just don't see Xiao Hai as a pretty boy.

To me, Xiao Hai looked annoyed rather than playful in that pic. hehe Is the pic from one of his recent series? Do you think Xiao Hai is done filming his two lastest projects? Any news on what his next project may be?

By the way, are you swooning over Ning Wany yet? I read in the ROCH thread that the producer was still undecided as to who would play YG. Maybe Xiao Hai should audition! He is at least as good as the other choices, IMO.

Hey you guys... I haven't seen Palace of Desire yet .. it hasn't been realeased in USA in viet yet so yea...hhaha...but i know what the character you guys are talking about so thanks Lady Zhuge!

In reincarnation? Well he likes He Me Tien. Yup, he really likes her but i don't know if she likes him in return. I saw in the comercial that she will be pregnant later on but by who... i don't know yet. hehe. He gets a lot of screen time so that's good. I think that he's more handsome looking in this series than the other one because he doesn't have glitter and red dot on his face ( made him look kinda weird and feminine!) hahah. I love him in this one because he plays a role that has two faces. He does it really well , never revealing the evil side infront of his enemies... dangerous...hahha.

I haven't seen him playing the flute for He Me Tien yet...I wondered if i have skipped that part ...I will be really angry at myself if i did!

Will update info when i can....
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Sorry FaMoonLau. I do tend to get just a tad bit defensive when it comes to Xiao Hai. Consider yourself lucky. You could have ended up like this: After seeing all those pics of Xiao Hai as Ning Wang, I can certainly see him as a pretty boy. I still haven't started on "Smart Kid" yet, so I've only been able to swoon over his pics. I want to be sure to give Xiao Hai my undivided attention when I do see it, which is just not possible right now due in major part to the 3 tests, 2 quizzes and presentation I have coming up. Plus I want to finish up "Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu" first. Oh yeah. I've decided to get "New Reincarnation" and watch Xiao Hai for myself instead of begging like a lost doggy in various threads. *Ack* So much Xiao Hai, yet so little time.

Fine. Xiao Hai is playfully annoyed in that pic. I'm not sure which show it's from.

Yes, Xiao Hai is done filming both of his latest projects. He is currently filming a new show called "Shang Dao" ( 商道 ). I don't know any other details about the show or Xiao Hai's role in it right now, though. I will definitely give updates once I do. If anyone else knows any details, please share!

It seems that the main roles in ROCH may have finally been decided. According to a sina.com article, Huang Xiao Ming confirmed that he will be playing Yang Guo. Assuming that it is indeed true, I'm happy with that choice since I think HXM is a good actor and looks the part and plus, Xiao Hai never tried out in the first place and will be busy filming "Shang Dao" during the filming of ROCH anyways.

Hi Lily! Hmm...it sounds like Xiao Hai's character in "New Reincarnation" is somewhat like Ning Wang. Knowing Xiao Hai's "luck" with the ladies in most of his shows, Mei Tian's character probably doesn't like him back. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 09-14-04 at 01:38 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

halu!!!
    i have got news!!!
    since you both said that you have not heard from Zhao Wen Xuan lately, i have news!!! he will be paired up in a new series with FBB! FBB will be Yang Gui Fei and Zhao Wen Xuan will be the emperor who fell for her and made her his fave concubine. they will start shooting this at the end of the year.
    isn't it ironic?
    FBB will be playing Wu Zhe Tian and Princess Tai Ping in a new Wu Zhe Tian production, and she will also be playing Yang Gui Fei in another, as far as my very threadbare knowledge of chinese history goes, yang gui fei is emperor tai ming huang daughter-in law, yet he still made her his concubine, those two production are of the same dynasty, Tang!
    hmm, i think i have to agree with lady zhuge there famoonlau, in the pic, i think SXH looks very playful, its kinda weird though, it seems that SXH is getting younger with every series he does... hmmm....
    i think he would be able to pull off the role of Zhao Wen Xuan in Palace of Desire...he is talented and gorgeous enough for that....
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Looks like FBB is becoming very popular. Wonder how her version of Wu Ze Tian compares with 'Palace of Desire'. Perhaps it won't be as bloody. Do you know who will play ZWX's character in this new production?

Lady Zhuge, thanks for the update on Xiao Hai's current project. I hope Xiao Hai will be the lead and have a happy ending with a pretty girl. When you watch "New Reincarnation", can you tell us more about Xiao Hai's character and post some pics? Although Lily's description of Xiao Hai in NR is quite interesting, I don't think I will get the show. I saw the old HK version a long time ago and did not care for the story.

Hello everyone!!!...hahha...so bored lately...so I just wanna add another actor to talk about...lol....Spoil warning...ho mai tian in new reincarnation will get pregnant with SXH...yep... and Its a BOY...wow...but sadly the baby just out for like a few days and it died already....because Xiao hai thought it was jason's kid so he killed...bu that was after he went overdose with his kung fu and turn into some looney.....what I think is ho mai tian...really did love Xiao Hai...its not fake love....just that she felt guilty ...coz they shared the night while jason still madly for ho mai tian..

anyway back to SXH...you know shang dao yeah...is it an ancient production set in the kung fu and martial art time...or is it...the 40's......
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Hi guys!

Thanks for the update on ZWX, Jenny. Wow, so he's going to be playing Tang Ming Wang (Emperor Li Long Ji)? Very cool. FBB does seem to be everywhere these days.

I will be sure to tell you more about Xiao Hai's character when I watch "New Reincarnation", FaMoonLau. I really hope Xiao Hai ends up happy and with a pretty girl (for once!!! ) in this new show too.

Racheal, welcome to Xiao Hai's thread. That's a major spoiler you gave away there! Xiao Hai's character sounds like a very insecure, but calculating person.
    I think "Shang Dao" is set in ancient times, but confirmation will have to wait until there is more information about the show.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hehe, no prob lady zhuge. yup! so happy, my idol is getting more famous with each passing day!
    hey Rachealyuen! fancy meeting you here!!! welcome to SXH's thread.
    hehe, it seems that the directors are typecasting our SXH. how come he always gets villain roles? ow well, no biggie, since i almost always prefer the villain over the lead, they are so much more interesting most of the time!
    to famoonlau, no sorry, i don't know the other characters yet, the only known actors as of now is Zhang Tie Lin, Si Qing Gao Wa and FBB, but lets wait for more updates! hopefully it will be as good as Palace of Desire. what? you don't want it to be as bloddy as Palace of Desire? but why? i think it adds atmosphere to the series!!! anyway, i just hope they stick to history!!!

Well, I have just watched 'Xi Xiang Ji' with Xiao Hai and Li Jing (?). It is indeed a rather dull love story. Xiao Hai played Zhang Gong, the scholar. Unfortunately, his character was nothing like Ning Wang or Tao Zui (no kick butt kungfu skill or good fighting scene here). I am also disappointed with the girls in the movie. None was pretty. The story was about a scholar who met the daughter of a former priminister at a temple. She and her mom came to pray for her dead father. It was love at first sight for Xiao Hai. He later saved the girl from the rebel. Although he was not as useless as Ning Cai Chen, Zhang Gong was definitely not as useful as An You Yu either.

I assume Zhang Tie Lin would play Emperor Gaozong and Si Qing Gao Wa Emperss Wu. It would be interesting to see who they pick for the roles of Empress Wu's sons and concubines. Do you know if 'Palace of Desire' sticks pretty close to the real history?

Quote Originally Posted by FaMoonLau
    Well, I have just watched 'Xi Xiang Ji' with Xiao Hai and Li Jing (?). It is indeed a rather dull love story. Xiao Hai played Zhang Gong, the scholar. Unfortunately, his character was nothing like Ning Wang or Tao Zui (no kick butt kungfu skill or good fighting scene here). I am also disappointed with the girls in the movie. None was pretty. The story was about a scholar who met the daughter of a former priminister at a temple. She and her mom came to pray for her dead father. It was love at first sight for Xiao Hai. He later saved the girl from the rebel. Although he was not as useless as Ning Cai Chen, Zhang Gong was definitely not as useful as An You Yu either.
    That story is actually quite famous, I think there is a Chinese opera of this story. BTW, TVB is currently filming this story too but with TVB, they will probably change it a lot. I think there is a commonly use phrase "Hong Niang Qian Xian" based on this story, it means Hong Niang mathmaking. Hong Niang is the maid in this story who helps the main character in their love affair.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Thanks guys...for welcoming me...anyway sorry to ask...but what serie are we on about??.....is it a new serie of fan bing bing...??
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

to racheal, yes, i mentioned earlier that FBB will be in 2 new series. just read what i have posted earlier. i can't risk having the moderator telling us off for going off topic!!!
    to famoonlau, you guessed right! i don't really know if palace of desire stuck close to history, since i have already forgotten what i have learned back in my high school in chinese history!!! see, i attended a chinese school from nursery up to high school, it is only now in college that i am studying in a state university. gee, i am just in my 2nd yr in college and already i am becoming forgetful!!!
    to lady zhuge, have you started on smart kid yet? i am now in my last 2 weeks before sembreak, so i am very busy with schoolwork, but i think i will rent everything that i have been putting off, can you recommend any good SXH series? i really want to watch him again!

Hi everyone!

FaMoonLau, so I guess XXJ just isn't very good overall? I haven't heard many other comments (okay, make that any other) aside from the likes of "boring love story" in reference to it, although I keep hoping for an exception. Even if his character was kind of lame, did Xiao Hai at least do a convincing job of acting? How was he able to save the girl if it wasn't with buttkicking kungfu?

Tinac...opera? The story would already have 2 strikes against it right there. Sorry, you can probably guess my feelings about Chinese operas...

Jenny, I think that even if you did pay attention during Chinese class, I doubt it covered princess Tai Ping's love story. I mean, Chinese history is just so long and profound that most classes are able to just cover some of the more significant periods and events or give a brief overview of everything.
    Nope, I still haven't started on "Smart Kid" yet. As I mentioned before, I'm really busy with school right now too. At least you have a break coming up soon; no such luck for me. Recommendations, eh? Well, definitely watch "Hua Gu Zi" if you like Xiao Hai. Even though the show slowed down a lot in the middle with all the crying that Zhang Ting did, Xiao Hai made it all bearable. The only other show I've seen him in so far is "A Chinese Ghost Story" and although he looked good (as usual), his character was pretty much one-dimensional. It would be cool if you watched "New Reincarnation", 'cause Xiao Hai has said his role in there is his favorite thus far. If you feel like trying something new that none of us have seen yet (I think) and tell us what you think of Xiao Hai in them, "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi" ( 新七侠五义 ) or "Fo Tiao Qiang" ( 佛跳墙 ) would be good.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, Lady Zhuge, the original XXJ story is quite simple and the movie seems to follow it rather faithfully. So, there is not much excitement in the story line. Xiao Hai did a good job as the scholar. Just that the cool factor was totally missing. He saved the girl by sending a letter to his sworn brother who was a general asking him to come and help them. The general chased the bad guys away and Xiao Hai thought he would get to marry the girl. Unfortunately, her mom played a trick and required him to pass the royal exam before she would let them get married. I have not seen the lead actress before and I don't see much chemistry between her and Xiao Hai. Their courtship was quite boring. The girl who played the maid, Hong Niang, was ok. She helped pass messages between the two. Perhaps the story is more suited for an opera than a movie.

Jenny, if you watch 'Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi', can you post some info? I am really curious about that serie.