Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

From what I read, CiXi was quite beautiful. That's how she got chosen as a concubine. She became powerful because she gave birth to a son who became the next emperor. While he was growing up, she and the empress ruled the country together. I think Chen Hong, the actress who played princess Tai Ping in 'Palace of Desire' would be a good choice. She is beautiful and probably has not problem acting vicious. She played Li Muo Chou in the taiwanese production of ROCH several years back.

I checked out the pics at sina and they didn't look good. The actress who plays Di Ren Jie's wife looked like Bobby's older sister! One of Tao Gan's love interests also looks older than Xiao Hai. How come there is no pic of Ning Jing? It looks to me like she will be the only good looking girl in YCJN.

Suet Seung, glad to hear that you enjoy my comments about Xiao Hai. Unfortunately, no one agrees with me about his 'egg' head and the qing costume. How about you? Do you support the 'hair is better' or 'bald is sexy' camp? hehe.

Tristinixie, thanks a lot for answering all my questions about this astrology stuff. While I'm a skeptic at heart as well, it's still very interesting. How long have you been into astrology and what got you interested in the first place?

Originally posted by tristinixie

To make this post related to Xiao Hai somehow -- in Western astrology, Librans are most compatible with other Air signs (i.e. Gemini, Aquarius), or Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius). The Libra's polar opposite is Aries. The two can be rivals, or they can complement each other. Not that I necessarily believe in any of this, of course. But what I find slightly interesting is that in "Wu Yan Nu", Xiao Hai's character is rivals with Qiu Xin Zhi's. (Are they rivals in "Hua Gu Zi" as well?) And...

Shen Xiao Hai = Sun in Libra
    Qiu Xin Zhi = Sun in Aries
    Wow, that is a really cool observation! Yeah, you can say that Xiao Hai and Qiu Xin Zhi were romantic rivals in HGZ, but it wasn't much of a rivalry since HGZ never loved Tao Zui (SXH) the way she did An You Yu (QXZ). I thought the two male leads really complemented each other too.

FaMoonLau, I did say that Xiao Hai looked better WITH hair, but still good without it. That's not total disagreement there.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-25-04 at 08:04 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

to Lady Khuge:
    i have only watched bits of it, since i juz see it on the cable sometime ago, i have to say the story is a bit different from the movie!! i like Huang Yi, she's quite good there, but i hate the scene where... (i forgot the character names!) the char. played by Chang Chen and Zhang ziyi in the movie were kissing while the female was hanging upside down from a tree! what the heck?! i find it inappropriate for an ancient series. but still,i like the movie a little bit better, but i like Hero more!!! hehe, i fell in love with Tony Leung in there.

hmm, i think i would pick QZY for going to dates, but SXH if i want to impress my family! hehe! can't we just have both of them?
    to FaMoonLau:
    I think i saw Palace of Desire way back then. is it the one that is a bit bloody and gruesome, where the plot along with the dialogue is complicated and where Princess Tai Ping have 3 different men? two she married, one became her concubine?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Jenny! The characters played by Zhang Ziyi and Chen Chang are Jen and Lo, respectively. I really liked the rooftop and bamboo scenes in the movie. That kind of style was new to me, which is also partly why I liked XAJH 2001 so much as well. Yeah, I've heard that the serial is quite different from the film, but I wanted to get some opinions on its entertainmment value.
    Oh, I thought you were in love with Tony long before "Hero".

Haha, you want both of them? Greedy, greedy.

I think i saw Palace of Desire way back then. is it the one that is a bit bloody and gruesome, where the plot along with the dialogue is complicated and where Princess Tai Ping have 3 different men? two she married, one became her concubine?
    Yep, that's it.

I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile now. Why do you keep calling me Lady Khuge? I am just really curious!

Minor update on Xiao Hai's "Yue Chen Jiang Nan" serial. Its name has been changed to "Yue Shang Jiang Nan" ( 月上江南 ): http://www.netandtv.com/newspage/htm...47308324.shtml
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-28-04 at 11:52 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

whoops! sorry Lady Zhuge! its just that i have a friend who likes to be called Khuge, so i keep confusing both of you! sorry!
    hehe, of course!!! why choose when you can have both of them?
    well, if you are going to ask me, i think the CTHD film has a glossier production, and better effects, but in terms of story, i think you would understand it better watching the series coz its more fleshed out...
    ow! so That Palace of Desire is truly the one i saw way back in 1999, i think? i really liked the story, Princess Tai Ping, as portrayed by Chen Hong is astoundingly beautiful! hehe, i forgot the actor who plays her concubine, the one she slept with and then when she woke up she started screaming and telling him to get away...
    i made an effort to watched it despite the version i saw has no subtitles! whew! my madarin was put to the test! but i like it.

i also saw a series abt the lifestory of Shang Guan Wan Er, its kinda nice too, i think its the first series i saw Huang Hai Bing in. hehe!

ow, do you know? a company in Mainland China is planning to produce a mega-historical production abot the lifestory of Wu Zhe Tian starring Zhang Tie Lin as emperor Li Zhi, Actress Si Qing Gao Wa as the older Wu Zhe Tian and Fan Bing Bing as The younger Wu Zhe Tian and also Princess Tai Ping, a dual role. this will be directed by Chen Yan Ming, who had directed the series "Ren Sheng Ji Du Qiu Liang" (The Sadness of Life). this series is titled:"Wu Zhi Bei Ge"(The Song of Wordless Tombstone). other cast is still not decided. they will start filming at October or close to the end of the year.

note!!! this is still tentative, but the 3 stars i have mentioned have already signed the contract.

whew! another Wu Zhe Tian production!
    you know, how come these producers keep on concentrating on Kang Xi, Wu Zhe Tian, Yong Zheng.... hehe...
    have you noticed?

Hi Jenny!

Haha, you're the one who asked me to choose to begin with, remember? And now you've taken the easy way out yourself.
    I didn't think that "Palace of Desire" was that "old", but I'm not sure. I believe the actor you're referring to is Zhao Wen Xuan ( 赵文宣 ). He played two roles in that show and did a nice job. I think Xiao Hai would have been a good casting choice for those roles too.

Oh, I didn't know that mainland China is planning to make yet another story about Wu Ze Tian. I really like Zhang Tie Lin and Si Qing Gao Wa. Of course I bet you're thrilled that Fan Bing Bing will play some big parts as well. One of the series I'm currently watching (well, partly rewatching) is the 1995 version of "Wu Ze Tian" starring Liu Xiao Qing. Have you seen that one?

I actually wish China would make more productions about emperor Yongzheng. The only really *good* one I've seen is the 2000 one with Tang Guo Qiang. I guess it's easier to focus on Kang Xi and other much longer ruling emperors, though.

FaMoonLau, I got some episodes of that "Miracle Healers" serial you were talking about in the HGZ thread earlier just to see how it is. Have you started watching it yet?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge and Jenny_shiny, I thought 'Palace of Desire' is pretty old since it was made in 1999. I vaguely remember seeing a lot of blood in that serie. Didn't like it much since it was a really sad story. The guy who played two roles in that show was not bad although I have not seen him in other series.

The movie version of CTHD was better than the tv serie for sure in one aspect. It did not have that cheesy upside down kissing scene between Shui Ling and Peter Ho. That was just absurd!

Lady Zhuge, you have seen the beginning of 'Miracle Healer' already! I am so jealous. I have just ordered it and it won't arrive until mid Sept. So, do you like it? I heard that the first few episodes are quite funny. What do you think of Alyssa? She plays the doctor in the show.

Seems like the mainland producers are really into making series about well known historical figures. Wish they would start making shows based on Gu Long's novels soon.

Hi FaMoonLau! I guess the bloodiest part of that serial for me was when Tai Ping's first husband killed himself, but that wasn't too bad compared to a lot of the stuff we see these days. I've never seen Zhao Wen Xuan in any other shows aside from "Palace of Desire" either. I guess the show doesn't seem old to me because I saw it not too long ago and it didn't come off as such either.

I've started a thread on Miracle Healers just for you! As I said in that thread, I haven't watched any of the show yet, but I will probably take a peek soon. Oh, but I did watch the opening song and it definitely looks exciting.

Which of Gu Long's novels would you most like to see made or remade?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge, thanks for starting a thread on 'Miracle Healers'. I checked out the pics on the official web site and it looks like Alyssa's role is quite funny. Hope you will watch this serie in the next few weeks so we can discuss it.

Gu Long's novels that I would like to see remade are Chu Liu Xiang and Lu Xiao Feng. There were recent produced by some taiwanese producers but those productions were really bad. I am hoping that the mainland producers will do a much better job.

Are you going to watch "Xi Xiang Ji" soon? I ordered it along with 'Miracle Healers'. Can't wait to see how Xiao Hai does as the male lead in a love story.

Hi FaMoonLau! I'd like to say that I'll watch this show in the next few weeks, but realistically, I doubt that will happen with my school work and all. Plus I already have about 4 series currently in progress, so at the most, I will probably see a few episodes of "Miracle Healers" in the near future just to get a feel for it. I hope it doesn't hook me or anything 'cause I really can't afford that right now... I do look forward to discussing it with you, though.

I haven't ordered "Xi Xiang Ji" yet, but I will!!! I did find "Ji Ling Xiao Zi" though, so I'm very excited about that. Due to time constraints, it's so tempting for me to just skip to the second half when Xiao Hai enters the scene, but that's not how I like to watch shows. Plus it might hamper the storyline.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow, Lady Zhuge, you watch 4 series at the same time! That is quite impressive. I only watch two at a time since I want to get to the end asap. If you do watch a few episodes of 'Miracle Healers', please let me know what you think. The last time I checked, my order is still being processed. These people are so slow.

As for "Ji Ling Xiao Zi", I personally like the second half more than the first half. The way Dicky dealt with his delinquent students was just too predictable and tedious.

Hi FaMoonLau! Watching a lot of series at the same time is not really impressive. It's just a bad habit that I can't seem to rid myself of.
    Anyway, good news! Fallen Angel said that she got 6 episodes of "Miracle Healers" and will probably start watching them this weekend. Hopefully she'll have some opinions to share once that happens.

The second half of "Ji Ling Xiao Zi" has got to be more entertaining since Xiao Hai wasn't even in the first half. But, the first half might be vital to the development of the story when Ning Wang does make his appearance, right? By "predictable and tedious", do you mean Dicky's usual style of humor or just the methods that are used to discipline the students?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

to lady zhuge and famoonlau:
    halu! yes, i also think that palace of desire is quite old. and very bloody. in fact, iseem to remember that in the first few episodes, there is a judge that killed himself, and his blood splattered everywhere! sheesh! but i like it, well, the reason why i liked it is because i was damn proud of myself to finish it without asking any help in translations from my dad. hehe, and i find Chen Hong to be very beautiful! ow, i think i saw Zhao wen xuan in only that too.. too bad, he is kinda cute too...

ow goodie! you are watching Ji Ling Xiao Zhi already lady zhuge!!! i personally enjoyed the series, i think its nice and entertaining, but i was really arrested when SXH first came into the screen, wow!!! who is that guy? i ended up rooting for him instead of dicky.

Hi Jenny! I think the bloody scenes were well spaced out, so it didn't seem like a bloody show overall. I just remembered the part where one of Tai Ping's brothers spat blood on the mirror and then died from exhaustion or the pressure. That was so sad. Zhao Wen Xuan must have been around for awhile, 'cause he's not a young actor. He's probably just not been in many well-known or popular shows. I personally wouldn't classify him as "cute", but he is a good-looking man. Did you like him better in the first role as Tai Ping's husband or the second role as the concubine?

I haven't started on "Ji Ling Xiao Zi" yet, but I'm definitely excited about watching Xiao Hai in it. He looks great in all the pics I've seen from that show.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/n6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/n8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/n10.jpg')

Who dares to place a sword blade on Xiao Hai's neck?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/n14.jpg')

Photos are courtesy of shenxiaohai.com.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge and Jenny_shiny, I thought the death of each of Tai Ping's brothers was quite bloody except perhaps the last one. He drank poison wine. IMO, Zhao Wen Xuan was better as Tai Ping's husband. Didn't the second Zhao Wen Xuan leave her later to become her mom's boy toy?

Lady Zhuge, you still have not started watching "Ji Ling Xiao Zi"! How could you wait so long? If I were you, I would have gone straight to the second half and watch Ning Wang. Don't you think Xiao Hai look really young as Ning Wang? The part when he rescued Li Bing Bing was good. He kicked butts.

Each of Dicky's students had an attitude/family problem and Dicky went about solving them in his 'clever' way. More like watching a soap opera than a wuxia. I felt like Dicky was just reciting the lines and going through the motion. The only part I enjoyed watching was his relationship with his mom and the emperor.

Hi FaMoonLau! All I have to say is...it must suck major arse to be one of Wu Zetian's offspring. I liked Zhao Wen Xuan's role as Tai Ping's first husband because he was actually a really nice guy as opposed to the manipulative concubine. The latter seemed more interesting/exciting, though. Yep, I think he did become of Wu Zetian's play...things.

Dude, don't tempt me. I'm trying to finish what I've already started (Ping Zong Xia Lu, Wu Ze Tian, DIF IV, etc.), but ended up starting "Miracle Healers" last night. I think I'll put that on hold and just skip to the second half of "Ji Ling Xiao Zi" when I get a chance. That will probably mean I won't understand half of what's going on, but oh well... Xiao Hai does look really young, especially in the second picture that I posted above. His face seems quite bony and thin. It really makes me doubt my estimation of his age.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hi lady zhuge and famoonlau!
    hehe, i kinda liked it better when zhao wen xuan was her concubine, he looks bloody handsome to me in it.
    ah yes, it must suck to be wu zhe tian's son. its either you get killed by her, or you will kill yourself from the pressure...
    didn't Zhao Wen Xuan's char. as Tai Ping's first husband have a wife who killede herself when he was ordered to be the princess' fuma? that was why he seem bitter towards her...
    i think i am going to rent that series again. i can't seem to remember most of what happened in that series, and discussing about it made me curious to see it again... hmmm.
    hehe. i think you're right lady zhuge. its hard to guess his age, in Liao Gu Zhi he looks more mature, in Ji Ling Xiao Zhi he looks more young... and devilishly handsome!!!
    to famoonlau:
    yes, each of his students had a problem and he helped them out. i seem to remember that he was smitten by LBB's char. there, but they became enemies first coz LBB's char. there is mischievous!
    and of course, LBB has a huge crush on SXH at the start. hehe, too bad!

Jenny_shiny and Lady Zhuge, Tai Ping's husband was a loser. Although he claimed to only love his wife and was bitter about her death, he still managed to fall in love with Tai Ping. Didn't he kill himself at the end? It had been so long. I forgot how he died. The show was quite depressing since everyone died at the end. I prefer happy ending.

Don't you guys think that Xiao Hai looked about the same age as Nie Yuan in 'Ji Ling Xiao Zhi'? May be they are about the same age in real life ~ late 20s early 30s.

Did LBB have a crush on Ning Wang? I thought she was just impressed, nothing more. The romance between Dicky and FBB was so boring. I like them better in 'Taiji Prodigy'.

Lady Zhuge, which version of 'Wu Ze Tian' are you watching?

Hi Jenny and FaMoonLau!

I thought Zhao Wen Xuan looked darn handsome in both roles since, well, he played them both! I didn't find Tai Ping's first husband to be a loser. He was internally weak and human, but loser is a bit harsh. He did love his first wife (or future wife), but I still thought it was realistic of him to fall for Tai Ping. She's gorgeous, was totally in love with him, treated him so well, etc, etc. despite how coldly he acted towards her. I just thought it was really dumb of him to commit suicide because he felt guilty for loving Tai Ping, though. I guess that had to happen for the princess's tragic story to perpetuate because in a way, his killing himself actually completed his revenge (even though it was ironically unintentional), since that event basically scarred Tai Ping for life. This is especially since the sword he killed himself with was in Tai Ping's hands.

Nobody seems to know either Nie Yuan's or Xiao Hai's real ages. For some reason, Nie Yuan seems younger than Xiao Hai to me. Xiao Hai is able to *hide* his real age so well though, since he's somehow able to look older in series he made in around 1998 than ones he's made more recently.

I'm watching the 1995 mainland version of Wu Zetian, starring Liu Xiao Qing. Have you seen that one? I remember watching part of it in China in the summer of 1995 and really enjoying it, so I just had to buy it to watch the whole thing.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 09-07-04 at 09:36 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Lady Zhuge! SXH is very handsome.. the serious handsomness. I love him in New reincarnation....very dashing so just want to pop in and show my support! I do agree ...he is hot in police uniform! You're right Lady Zhuge... he doesn't look evil in the pics you guys have posted in here!
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)