Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

Thought I drop in as Lady Zhuge suggested. I am quite curious about Shen Xiao Hai in the Western Chamber movie. He is usually the bad guy. Wonder how he does as the main lead. Lady Zhuge, you have to tell us if the movie is good. It seems that Xiao Hai and the lead actress in Western Chamber, Lin Jing, are also in a serie with Ning Jing called "Gen Gu Qing Yuan".

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...c/version-all/

Have anyone seen this show? According to Yesasia, Xiao Hai was also in "Ai Qing Bao Dian" with Ren Quan and Fan Bing Bing. I wonder if he played the usual bad guy. Can't seem to find any info on this serie.

Saw Shen Xiao Hai in "Smart Kid". He was really cool compared to Dicky and Nie Yuan. I definitely prefer him with hair. He looks old and dull in the Qing dynasty costume.

Originally posted by tinac
    Ha ha, sure hope so .... trying to wean myself of BYJ, but it's kind of hard since I have a few of his series and always popping one to my laptop to watch him when I got the craving ...
    What you need is BYJ-catrol or BYJ-caderm CQ. Or, perhaps you might find BYJ-carette gum to be more convenient.

Originally posted by tinac
    Hm, maybe he is not impressive in that show?
    I think it's more because he's still not well-known outside of mainland China and Taiwan, so people paid more attention to Ho Mei Tian and Jason Wu Jing. There were a lot of girls drooling all over Xiao Hai in Chinese at cnave.com in the comments about this series section.

Originally posted by FaMoonLau
    Thought I drop in as Lady Zhuge suggested. I am quite curious about Shen Xiao Hai in the Western Chamber movie. He is usually the bad guy. Wonder how he does as the main lead. Lady Zhuge, you have to tell us if the movie is good. It seems that Xiao Hai and the lead actress in Western Chamber, Lin Jing, are also in a serie with Ning Jing called "Gen Gu Qing Yuan"

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...c/version-all/

Have anyone seen this show?
    Thanks for taking my suggestion and welcome to Xiao Hai's thread!!!
    Yep, I'll be sure to let you guys know how the movie when I get a chance to watch it. Allegedly, it's a "dull love story", but I hope Xiao Hai's performance/character will make up for it.

I've never seen Gen Gu Qing Yuan. I wonder if it's any good?

According to Yesasia, Xiao Hai was also in "Ai Qing Bao Dian" with Ren Quan and Fan Bing Bing. I wonder if he played the usual bad guy. Can't seem to find any info on this serie.
    Tinac has seen that series. She said that his character was really, really evil in there, but he did get the girl. Do you have any more tidbits about Xiao Hai or his character in that show to add, tinac?

Saw Shen Xiao Hai in "Smart Kid". He was really cool compared to Dicky and Nie Yuan. I definitely prefer him with hair. He looks old and dull in the Qing dynasty costume.
    He must have been one hell of a bad guy to totally overshadow the leads, and especially Dicky.

One thing I want to see Xiao Hai do more of is...SMILE!!! He has a really sexy smile, but it seems like most of the characters he plays doesn't allow him to show it off.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

to FaMoonLau:
    hullo! if you want to know more about Ai Qing Bao Tian, i suggest that you go to www.voy.com/44685/. its a forum for my fave idol, fan bing bing. but its a bit hard to find what you are looking for, the synopsiscoz its in msg forms. but you will find many pics of the series there, go to its club photo album to see the pics...
    hey tinac, you watch Ai Qing Bao Tian right? is it true that SXH wanted to have FBB there? but FBB loves Li Jie? who ended up with whom in the end? plz tell me the spoilers!!!

to Lady Khuge;
    is Western Chamber good? is he the protagonist there? do you recommend it to us?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Jenny_shiny, thanks for the info. I will go check it out. Now that I have seen SXH in "Hua Gu Zhi", I wish the producer had picked him for the role of Yang Kang in LOCH and/or Murong Fu in TLBB. I think it would have been a better fit than Zhou Jie or Xiu Qing. Those two were nowhere as cool looking as SXH.

I agree with Lady Zhuge that Xiao Hai should smile more. It makes him look younger and less deadly. Just saw the part where he looked at his stepmother in "Hua Gu Zhi". If look could kill, I think she would have been dead on the spot!

Does anyone know if SXH is working on any new ancient series? Can't seem to find any info in english about him.

Jenny, again, I haven't watched Western Chamber yet, but when I do, I'll let you guys know about it.

FaMoonLau, Xiao Hai is a million times more handsome than Zhou Jie and Xiu Qing combined. It would be much easier to understand Wang Yu Yan's and Mu Nian Ci's obsessive love for Murong Fu and Yang Kang, respectively, if he played those characters. I would love to see Xiao Hai land a leading role in a Jin Yong adaptation. I mentioned this earlier in the thread so you might have missed it, but one of his dream roles is to play Yang Guo.

Oh yeah, I remember that scene with the stepmother. That annoying woman just makes you want to . It would have been great if she was killed by the look Tao Zui gave her.
    Too bad Xiao Hai's roles limit his smiles. I've seen pics of him "in real life" and his smile is very natural and friendly.

Xiao Hai is currently filming an ancient serial called "Di Ren Jie Zhong" in which he plays a character named Tao Gan. I don't know when it will be done filming, though. I haven't seen any pics or articles around yet either. I'm sure there will be more information on it once it's closer to being released.

Xiao Hai finished filming "Yi Lian You Meng" ( 一帘幽梦 ), a series composed of 30 episodes, a couple of months ago. It hasn't been released yet, though. Pic courtesy of sohu.com:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.sohu.com/2004/05/25/43/Img220244374.jpg')

Personally, I think he looks good in the Qing costume.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I dont quite knowing him any recommendation series?
    Cinderella shoes fit perfectly , but why did it loose on the way?

Originally posted by Wuzixi
    I dont quite knowing him any recommendation series?
    I've only watched him in one serial thus far, so naturally, I would recommend it: Liao Zhai - Hua Gu Zi His Tao Zui is so very cool. I wonder if he does his own stunts?

Based on other Xiao Hai fans' preferences, Ji Ling Xiao Zi/Smart Kid would be a good one to watch, as I hear that his antagonist Ning Wang even overshadows the leads.

He also plays bad guys in both The New Reincarnated and A Chinese Ghost Story (the 2003 one starring Barbie Xu and Daniel Chan).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hullo again! wow! thats a nice pic of him Lady Khuge! not many actors would look good in a Qing costume, especially if you had to be bald!!!
    but he looks nice. do you have a profile on him? how old is he?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Default Ai Qing Bao Tian

Hello!! This is what I remember of "Ai Qing Bao Tian" ... not very accurate.

********** SPOILER!!!!!!**************

In "Ai Qing Bao Dian", Li Jie was a well-off scholar. He met SXH on the way to take exam and being naive he let SXH know that he carried quite a lot of money with him. SXH then staged a "fire" in the inn they were staying and stole the money. LJ being the naive dumb guy, thought his "new best" friend died in the fire and that his possesions were burned.

LJ then met a brothel owner who loves him. One day this owner got into trouble because of one of her girl; she was imprisoned. This girl then looked for her "sister", a well known dancer" (FBB) to help save the owner. FBB then become friends with the owner and got to know LJ. LJ was really smitten by FBB but FBB did not return the feeling.

On one occasion, SXH now a rich "merchant", appeared in the brothel and saw FBB. LJ "the idiot" was very happy to see his friend, that his friend was not dead as he thought. Of course SXH pretended that he did not know LJ. SXH was also smitten by FBB and FBB really likes him too because he is very very charming.

LJ finally figure out (with the smart brothel owner) that SXH is up to no good and tried to tell FBB. But the girl is so blind with love, so of course she did not believe them and married SXH.

After the honeymoon is over, FFB found out that SXH had a thing going on with her maid but it's too late. SXH tricked this maid and sold her to a brothel then he brought FBB to his inn. She realized then that SHX had 3 other wives and that they were all tricked into marrying SXH. These wives were forced to seduce rich men who come to the inn, then SXH would "Caught in the act" and blackmailed these men.

FBB pretended to follow SXH instruction, but she actually saved a victim and asked him to send a letter to LJ. She then scarred her own face so that SXH could not force her anymore.

One day, a rich woman came to the inn. She was actually the brothel owned, she pretended to fall in love with SXH and forced him to divorced FBB. After much trickery, they caught SXH and FBB was finally free and married LJ.
    Last edited by tinac; 08-08-04 at 10:14 AM.

Lady Zhuge,

I found the SINA page for the series "Yi Lian You Meng" ( Ò»Á±ÓÄÃÎ ): http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/ylym/index.html

I think, in this series, SXH is the emperor who married "Ci Xi" the Dowager Emperess.

Thanks Lady Zhuge
    Cinderella shoes fit perfectly , but why did it loose on the way?

Awww, so Xiao Hai got the girl in AQBT, but then lost her again. Ah well, I guess it's the expected fate of a bad guy.

Tinac, thanks for the link. Mmm, lotsa good pics in there. Yep, he plays the emperor in this show.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-08-02/U105P28T3D461715F326DT20040802124521.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-08-02/U105P28T3D461725F326DT20040802124548.jpg')

^^ Is that the same actress who played Ji Xiao Fu in HSDS 2003?

Here are a couple of pics from picd.net that I didn't see on that sina site:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10886835173.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10886835175.jpg')

Xiao Hai smiling widely!!! His dimples are so sexy!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Exciting news for all Shen Xiao Hai fans!!! His official website is finally open, so be sure to check it out for information, news and photo updates. The site is in simplified Chinese.

http://www.shenxiaohai.com/

Jenny, Xiao Hai's real age is pretty much a mystery. My guess is that he is 35-ish.

Here's my English translation of his profile, so please excuse any mistakes. As always, corrections are welcome. The information is taken from the aforementioned new www.shenxiaohai.com. Tinac, please feel free to quote and edit this into the first post of this thread so new people have an easier time seeing the info.

Name: Shen Xiao Hai ( 沈晓海 )
    Birthdate: October 5
    Astrological Sign: Libra
    Blood Type: O
    Height: 1.79 M
    Weight: 64 Kg
    Birth Place: Hei Long Jiang/Yi Chun in Mainland China
    Family: Parents; Younger brother
    Educaction: Shanghai Theatrical Institute majoring in the Performing Arts
    Lucky Number: 9
    Favorite...
    Hobbies and Activities: Running; Drinking coffee; Sunbathing; Listening to music
    Animal: Horse
    Colors: Black; Blue; Red
    Season: Autumn
    Flower: Rose
    Instruments: Drum; Guitar
    Entertainers: Charlie Chaplin; Bruce Lee
    Food: Potatoes
    Beverages: Coffee; Carrot Juice
    Books: Those written by Hemingway
    Holiday: Moon Festival
    Places: Yi Chun; Beijing; Hong Kong
    Trait in a friend: Honesty/Sincerity
    Most satisfactory of his productions thus far: His role as Fu Yu Shu in The New Reincarnation
    Xiao Hai's Motto: No matter what you do, be happy while doing so
    Xiao Hai's words for his fans: Just wait; I won't let you guys down!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-16-04 at 09:22 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

So I'm triple-posting, but it's for a good cause. Another update. More info is now available about the show that Xiao Hai is currently filming. It's composed of 30 episodes and its full name is: 月沉江南——狄仁杰洗冤录

http://yule.sohu.com/s2004/s221136411.shtm

Pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-07-28/U105P28T3D457122F326DT20040728110442.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-07-28/U105P28T3D457112F326DT20040728110417.jpg')

I can't say that I like Xiao Hai's hairstyle or outfit in this show, but I hope his role is an impressive one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/TG10.jpg')

Gotta learn those lines, and quickly!!!

Images courtesy of sohu, sina, and shenxiaohai.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks, Tinac for the spoiler on "Ai Qing Bao Dian". Saved me the trouble of having to dig it out of FBB's thread on www.voy.com. Wonder if he and FBB look good together.

Wow, Lady Zhuge, how did you find the links, photos and news about SXH? I certainly miss the earlier post about SXH wanting to play Yang Guo. I would also like to see him land a leading role in a Jin Yong adaptation although I think he looks too fierce to play YG. Which lead character from Jin Yong's novels would you like to see him play?

SXH looks ok as the emperor in the pictures from "Yi Lian You Meng". Sometimes the Qing dynasty hair style makes his face look like an egg. : The actress in that picture with him is Tao Hong. She was Ji Xiao Fu in HSDS 2003 and I think Chu Chu in Wind and Cloud. She looks too old for him. Given the number of girls drooling over SXH as Tao Zui in "Hua Gu Zhi", I guess the producer has finally noticed his increased popularity and decide to cast him as the lead/good guy instead of the usual bad guy. Hope he will play a cool dude who gets a beautiful girl at the end in the near future.

From the little chinese I can read, "Yue Chen Jiang Nan" is a story about Di Ren Jie, a prime minister in the Tang Dynasty. I wonder if Di Ren Jie is a well known historical figure. SXH plays Tao Gan who is the Di Ren Jie's bodyguard. Tao Gan has two love interests: Ou Yang Chu and Liu Qing Qing. But it does not look like he will end up with either. I think Liu Qing Qing is the girl on the left and Ou Yang Chu is the one on the right in that picture. SXH's costume looks so lame and the girls are not pretty. Why can't they pair him up with a hottie like Alyssa Chia, Echo Shen or Dong Xuan? By the way, Ning Jing and Wang Xue Bing will also be in "Yue Chen Jiang Nan".

Hi FaMoonLau! Hehe, where there's the internet, there's a way.
    I would like Xiao Hai's wish to come true and have him play Yang Guo in some future adaptation of ROCH, although obviously not in this upcoming mainland one since I think he was too busy filming to even audition. Because he's so darn good at looking really fierce and serious
    (Case in point, courtesy of shenxiaohai.com: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/qt8.jpg')), it would be interesting to see him take on a different type of role and see how well he does. My first thought when I saw him in the pic as Ning Wang in Ji Ling Xiao Zi was how good of a Lin Ping Zhi he would make. What do you think? It's not a leading role, but I was just type-casting.
    Can you imagine Xiao Hai as...Wei Xiao Bao??? OKay, honestly, I can't either.
    Xiao Feng? Too tragic. Zhang Wu Ji? Hu Fei? Jin Yong heroes aside, I'm still stuck on him being the perfect Zhao Yun.

I personally think that Xiao Hai looks good as a Qing emperor. You don't think he has a nice-shaped head? I thought Tao Hong looked really pretty and young as Ji Xiao Fu, but she seems to have aged quite a bit since then. I agree that she looks older than Xiao Hai in those pics. How old is she anyway?
    Xiao Hai has captured the hearts of numerous girls in mainland China and Taiwan while playing bad guys (so much so that certain ones even started rooting for the bad guys), so one can just imagine him being cast as good guys more often...!!!

I'd never heard of Di Ren Jie before learning about Xiao Hai's role in this show. Yeah, I agree. The girls aren't pretty in this show. Wang Ling looks like Xiao Hai's kid sister and the other woman next to him looks like his aunt or something. None of the outfits are very flattering either. I really want to see Xiao Hai paired with Gao Yuan Yuan in a production someday.

Hey, have you noticed the pole on the Yue Chen Jiang Nan page? Xiao Hai fans have been very busy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hello Lady Zhuge. I thought Yang Guo was quite a cheerful and lively person. SXH's fierce and serious look would not seem to fit that description. I don't like Lin Ping Zhi that much although I think Xiao Hai would do well in that role. I would like to see him in a funny serie but definitely not as Wei Xiao Bao. I just can't stand that character/story. I agree that Xiao Hai is definitely not a Zhang Wu Ji, Hu Fei or Ling Hu Chong. As for Qiao Feng, it is a possibility although the role is too tragic like you said. Who is Zhao Yun? I have not heard of this character before. "Ping Zhong Xia Ying Lu" is one of my favorite novels and I can certainly see Xiao Hai as Zhang Dan Feng in the real novel, not as Zhang Dan Feng in the most recent production with FBB and HHB. I wonder why the mainland people are not producing adaptations from Gu Long's novels. Xiao Hai would have made a great Flying Dagger Lee or Hua Wu Que or Lu Xiao Fung. What do you think?

Boy, people must think we are really obsessed with Xiao Hai since we are even discussing the shape of his head! IMO, his head looks fine. Just that at many angles, his face looks too round in the Qing wig. I prefer the suave look like the one in HGZ or like Ning Wang in Smart Kid. I don't know how old Tao Hong is but she was so annoying as Chu Chu in "Wind and Cloud" that I could not stand her since. I did not realize that SXH was already popular playing the bad guys. According to his bio, his best role was as Fu Yu Shu in the "New Reincarnation". Perhaps I should watch that show sometimes. So far, "Yue Chen Jiang Nan" and "Yi Lian You Meng " don't look that interesting to me. Hope he will be in a more interesting production later this year.

Ni hao FaMoonLau! Yeah, YG is a lively person, which is why I said it would be interesting to see Xiao Hai take on a different type of role. I want to see how well he can transform from his usual fierce and serious style to a more easygoing one. I don't like the character LPZ either, but as long as the actor does a convincing job, it's all good. For instance, I thought the one from the 2001 mainland adaptation of XAJH fit the role really well.

Zhao Yun is not a character from any Jin Yong novel. He's one of the five Shu Tiger Generals from Luo Guan Zhong's San Guo Yan Yi. Have you read that classic before? Zhao Yun is usually the one that makes all the girls swoon since he's portrayed as practically flawless in the novel: brave, loyal, handsome, etc.

I'm not very familiar with Gu Long's works, but the name Ping Zhong Xia Ying Lu does ring a bell, since I recall seeing the cover with HHB and FBB on it. They both look so overly made-up, though. Did you think that was a good adaptation? Speaking of HHB, what do you think of him as compared to Xiao Hai? They look a bit like one another to me. Maybe mainland China will start making more Gu Long productions once they run of JY remake ideas.

If people get the impression that we're obsessed with Xiao Hai, they may not be wrong. Well, at least not in my case.
    Yeah, apparently, Xiao Hai's favorite of his roles thus far is in The New Reincarnation. If you watch it, make sure to let us know what you think of his performance in there! He always seems to be working on some project or another, so sooner or later, I'm sure there will be one that will interest you.

Does anyone know what show this pic is from?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/qt11.jpg')

Xiao Hai looks very happy and handsome...
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-10-04 at 01:31 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I have not read the classic (too difficult) but I did look up some info about Zhao Yun. He was definitely a heroic figure. If Xiao Hai is ever cast as Zhao Yun, I hope the producer would pick some hotties to swoon over him.

The most recent production of "Ping Zhong Xia Ying" was not at all like the novel and IMO, could not be considered an adaptation. In fact, it was more like a totally new story written based on the original novel. I know that a lot of people had problems with that. If you treat it as an unrelated story, the show itself was quite ok. I have not watched HHB's other series although I like him in PZXY. He is a pretty good actor and had good on screen chemistry with FBB. If you want to watch PZXY, I would highly recommend the old HK production. It is one of my all time favorites. You can get it from Yesasia:
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...-all/did-6407/

I found some info about the above picture on SXH's official web site. It was from a serie called "Xiang Si Cheng Yun Yan". I think Xiao Hai played a supporting role. I don't recognize either of the main leads. You will find a short summary of the story in the filmography section. They also have some pictures from "Xi Xiang Ji". SXH looked ok as a scholar - not suave like TZ though.

Maybe you can read an English translation of SGYY when you get a chance.
    Here's one available on-line if you're interested: http://threekingdoms.com/

Hmm...that PZXY adaptation you've recommended stars Damian Lau? I really liked him in The Great General and got Lu Xiao Feng because of that. Okay, this show is going on my list. Thanks! When was this production made, BTW?

Thanks for finding out where that picture came from. There's even episode recaps of that show on SXH's official website.
    Yeah, I saw the pics from XXJ. I've still got to order it along with Ji Ling Xiao Zi soon.

Currently, I am watching A Chinese Ghost Story to see Xiao Hai as the evil cult leader Jin Guang. His get-up is pretty funky, but he looks cool. Like tinac said, Nie Yuan's character Qi Ye is a lot like SXH's TZ in this show: strong and silent type who doesn't get the girl he loves 'cause she prefers the scholar...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/q6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/zp/q1.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")