Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

it seems you guys think he's really cute...i will look out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    Well, let's see. I've seen Ji Xiang Ru Yi, Book and Sword 2002, and Drunken Kung Fu. So basically I've covered all his ancient roles.
    Are you planning to watch his new series "Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan"?

As well, the Liao Ning station is going to start airing "Hua Gu Zi" soon. Ah Chinese television - how I love thee!
    Oh you are going to fall for Xiao Hai (and feel frustrated for his character) even more after seeing HGZ. He plays a good guy in there for a change.

Regarding this one, I just want his characters to stop having the darn long hair that keeps obscuring his flawless features including, but not limited to, probably the best pair of cheekbones I have seen on a mainland actor.
    He reminds me of a combination of Julian Cheung and Andrew Lian Kai at times (which is a very good thing), especially when he's looking longingly with those big eyes at Mei Tian and hoping she's forgiven him.

Erm not exactly. I was saying that he looks like the guy from JB - Kenny Ho. Which he does, rather.
    Ah, I misunderstood you.

Then again, is NY ever not sulky in a series? Think about it a minute and then answer me that.
    This is the third series I've seen him in, and yes, he's been sulky in every one. I can't say I blame him in ACGS, though. This one takes the cake, however.

I'm guessing Xiao Hai is going to pop up in about episode 5 or so. I may be wrong. I'm going to start watching this thing from the beginning starting Saturday so I'll have better reporting then.
    We'll be looking forward to your reports!

After seeing the bits of WYN I have and every single picture on this thread, I can only wonder at how I could not think he was awesomely attractive in Smart Kid. Mea culpa, mea culpa
    This is where that phrase 'you yan wu zhu' can be aptly applied. But no matter now, since you've seen the light. I noticed that alot of the pictures I posted earlier in this thread aren't showing up anymore, probably 'cause there are new links to them now that Xiao Hai's official website has been renovated.

You said Xiao Hai was "too pretty" for your tastes in "Smart Kid"; what do you think of him in these pics from "New Reincarnation"?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/jcsy/ys28.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/jcsy/ys36.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/jcsy/ys26.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/jcsy/ys10.JPG')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    it seems you guys think he's really cute...i will look out for him...
    It only seems that way? Hmm...I guess I haven't displayed enough fangirl tendencies in this thread. Xiao Hai is the bomb! He is beyond just cute. He is suave, hot, handsome, gorgeous, and <insert more of such adjectives here>!!!

I wonder when Xiao Hai will be able to portray a character who ends up happy.

Baidu came out with their list of top 50 "da shuai ge":

1 周杰伦
    2 谢霆锋
    3 刘德华
    4 陈冠希
    5 贝克汉姆
    6 古天乐
    7 乔丹
    8 5566
    9 言承旭
    10 王力宏
    11 周渝民
    12 田亮
    13 张东健
    14 金城武
    15 裴勇俊
    16 F4
    17 苏有朋
    18 元彬
    19 郑伊健
    20 梁朝伟
    21 周星驰
    22 吴彦祖
    23 宋承宪
    24 索普
    25 陆毅
    26 张国荣
    27 任贤齐
    28 林志颖
    29 郭富城
    30 郭品超
    31 周润发
    32 何润东
    33 木村拓哉
    34 陈小春
    35 姚明
    36 安在旭
    37 张学友
    38 泷泽秀明
    39 余文乐
    40 黎明
    41 吴奇隆
    42 陈坤
    43 胡兵
    44 李连杰
    45 古巨基
    46 阿杜
    47 柏原崇
    48 陈晓东
    49 吴建豪
    50 劳尔
    I can't believe it!!! Shen Xiao Hai is nowhere in sight and neither is Zhang Zhi Lin (Julian Cheung)!!! These people are blind, I tell 'ya, blind. I don't even recognize half the names on this list, but some of these choices are highly, highly questionable (like Richie Ren and Daniel Chan?!?). I noticed that F4 is in slot 16, so does that mean it takes the four of them to equal one hottie?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

who is lu yi?

who is lu yi?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://long-d.com/images/ly/zx56.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Are you planning to watch his new series "Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan"?
    I hear he only gets a glorified cameo in this one, unfortunately. Of course, if it ever shows up on Chinese television, there's absolutely no reason I can't savor every second of his presence.

He reminds me of a combination of Julian Cheung and Andrew Lian Kai at times (which is a very good thing), especially when he's looking longingly with those big eyes at Mei Tian and hoping she's forgiven him.
    ...Instead of, you know, doing anything constructive to facilitate a reconciliation. Just saying...

This is the third series I've seen him in, and yes, he's been sulky in every one. I can't say I blame him in ACGS, though. This one takes the cake, however.
    I dunno what is up with his character choices. Maybe he just likes to anst? Well, at least he hasn't gone goth on us.

This is where that phrase 'you yan wu zhu' can be aptly applied. But no matter now, since you've seen the light.
    Yup, "bu zhi tai zhan" - especially such a cute "Tai Mountain". Again, I marvel at the changes a half-bald head can make.

You said Xiao Hai was "too pretty" for your tastes in "Smart Kid"; what do you think of him in these pics from "New Reincarnation"?
    Erm, he kinda looks like a girl. I mean, a really beautiful girl, but still. Maybe if he carries a really big sword to compensate

Tonight - more jumping around WYN, and bugging my dad to tell me when HGZ is going to air. We just bought the television listings yesterday and my first thought? "Ohh, so many television series. So pretty..."

hullo!
    hey! wo's going to appear in XJQXZ? i plan to watch that. is it coming out already?
    to answer Analytic Chick's query;
    yes, Li jin Rong will appear in Ambitious Bao Qing Tian(aka Young Judge Bao 3) with FBB, Wang Xue Bing, Li Zong Han... he is taking over Ren Quan's role as Gong Sun Ce.
    to lady zhuge and famoonlau;
    sorry, but i still hav not watched the 2nd story of it, i get irritated with the lead actor's face! now i remember where i have seen him, i think i saw him in a series with Zhang ting, ugh, imagine my horror, its suppose to be a comedy, but i don't really see what's there to laugh about.
    to lady zhuge;
    well, sxh is not exactly a bad guy there, he is suppose to be annoying(but i find him endearing) and a bully. sort of a baddie in a comical sort of way, but he became good in there,
    honestly, i find the story so weird, and dull. but this is sxh in a comedy role, so you might find something appealing here.

hey let me tell you something, Jiang Shan Feng Yi Qing rocks!!! even if i only saw the trailer, i knew i am going to like it, the actors are superb, the drama is very moving, and the fight and war scenes very realistic! i even saw what i suppose the be the ending, Ming's last emperor runnig off to the woods to hang himself and his concubines also committing suicide by plunging swords into their bodies! whoa!

hey lady zhuge, could you write using english letters the names in the list? my computer can't read chinese char.
    is peter ho, ren quan, jimmly lin, nicholas tse, stephen fung and tony leung in the list?

oh, ao you are already halfway through smart kid huh?
    yes, nie yuan is a wimp in there, sorry to his fans for the aforementioned word.
    sxh is really gorgeous here, unlike most of you, i prefer him with a full head of long hair instead of the Manchurian semibald cut!
    yes, LBB really do have a crush on sxh here, look at how she smiles whenever she sees him.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Lady Zhuge,

You are such a fan of SXH! how did it start? what made you such a huge fan of his?

btw, do go to the music section...want to introduce you guys to some nice serial music ...

...Instead of, you know, doing anything constructive to facilitate a reconciliation. Just saying...
    Well I think he has been taking small opportunities to try and facilitate a reconciliation, but he's also trying to give HMT her space.
    I'm at episode 22 now, and things are looking much brighter for the two of them.

I dunno what is up with his character choices. Maybe he just likes to anst? Well, at least he hasn't gone goth on us.
    ...yet. It was so funny when Dicky finally found out that NY was the crown prince. He reacted as though he'd just seen an .

Erm, he kinda looks like a girl. I mean, a really beautiful girl, but still. Maybe if he carries a really big sword to compensate
    Actually, he does wield a sword in NR.

Tonight - more jumping around WYN, and bugging my dad to tell me when HGZ is going to air. We just bought the television listings yesterday and my first thought? "Ohh, so many television series. So pretty..."
    Are there any other cool things over there you've noticed aside from the awesome prices and "pretty" TV listings?

Jenny, check out the XJQXZ thread for pics and links on the series. Even though there are lot of familiar faces in the cast (like the whole row below, for instance) and after seeing the trailer, the show doesn't interest me much. I don't think it's out yet.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/creidesca/ancient02.jpg')

Is JB III still in the making and if so, does it have a release date yet? I should probably watch the first 2 installments first, though.

It sounds like the main guy is more annoying than Xiao Hai's character is supposed to be. I personally cannot see how Xiao Hai can be annoying in the first place. Bad casting choice there. Take your time with the second half and please just update us on it whenever you're done!

I have no doubt that JSFYT will be good, but it's just a matter of when it will be released...

Peter Ho (#32), Nick Tse (#2), Jimmy Lin (#28), and Tony Leung (#20) are on the list, but Ren Quan isn't. I'm not sure who Stephen Fung is, but I don't think he's on the list either.

Yeah, I'm over half way through "Smart Kid" and it's definitely getting better. I just wish Xiao Hai has more screentime. At the end of episode 22, Ning Wang got up to leave NY and Dicky alone to talk and I was like, "No, don't go! Stay and flash that charismatic smile around some more!"
    I prefer Xiao Hai with long hair too, even though either way, he looks mighty fine. One good thing about LBB's character in here: at least she has good taste in guys.

Lady Zhuge,

You are such a fan of SXH! how did it start? what made you such a huge fan of his?
    I started liking him when I saw HGZ back in July. Certain actors just appeal to me for various reasons and he is one of them. He is handsome, a good actor who can play a variety of roles, and seems like a nice guy based on all accounts. You should really watch him in action sometime!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think I will!

sorry..I think I got lost..what is HGZ?

I get it...its hua gu zi..

I get it...its hua gu zi..
    Yep, and here's the thread on that series if you're interested:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8264
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

great..thks.

Some HGZ gifs:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://zhuzhiju.net/non-cgi/usr/33/33_97_2.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://zhuzhiju.net/non-cgi/usr/33/33_97.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://zhuzhiju.net/non-cgi/usr/33/33_97_1.gif')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

...yet. It was so funny when Dicky finally found out that NY was the crown prince. He reacted as though he'd just seen an .
    Seriously. When you take into consideration Dicky's track record of having the emperor (oh sorry - the regular, ordinary, avuncular old man who just happens to have a lot of highly trained bodyguards with him and various distinguished looking men hanging onto his every word) show up in his series, you really wonder why he would be so surprised.
    And if I ever get plunked into the Qing Dynasty of ancient serials and run into a shifty, conflicted man with a mysterious past, I will definitely be extra nice to him just in case (more cases than not...) he turns out to be the emperor.

Actually, he does wield a sword in NR.
    Is it a big sword?

Are there any other cool things over there you've noticed aside from the awesome prices and "pretty" TV listings?
    First off everyone here has a bike and rides it, which I think is really cool. There's also a ton of people on the streets all the time - even at 1PM on a weekday afternoon. In fact, there's a ton of people EVERYWHERE all the time. The only activities that schoolchildren seem to partake in here are going to school, going to enrichment classes outside of school, doing homework, and sleeping. The food is awesome, the public toilets are rather scary, and every house seems to have a flate screen television, but no heat or running hot water.

In respects to America, people here think the country is a busybody, unreasonable country which is aggressively pushing its policies all over the world. At the same time they tend to see Americans (which, as I understand it, has come to be a euphemism for all Caucasian people) as naiive and innocent - rather like big children. At the same time people seem to be obsessed with both emulating American culture and learning, or having their children learn English. So basically, lot's of "at the same times" that you have to keep in mind.

The city itself is rather schizophrenic. On one hand you have PuDong and the newer parts built after the economic explosion of "gai ge kai fang". These tend to be towering seas of high rises and glittering office buildings. On the ground, you have wide open courtyards and gleaming streets. The stores are big, often with giant neon signs, and English conspicuously displayed. On the other hand, you have the vestiges of old Shanghai, with dilapidated houses and narrow, twisty alleys all over the place. In such places, you are always sure to find someone's bedding hanging out to dry, or a woman out front washing vegetables/clothing/a baby. Stores are small hovels opening onto crowded and dirty side streets - presided over by mostly apathetic proprietors. On the other hand (and I am running out of hands), there is constant construction in an effort to turn Shanghai into a "modern" city. All in all, it is a contradictory, exciting, rather chaotic place.

...Which really has nothing to do with Shen Xiao Hai, but still.

Oh, and something else I've noticed is that all Shanghainese guys are short. At first I thought it might be some internalized stereotype of Asian guys, but after some more observation, I now accept that it's just the truth. What makes it more noticeable is that Shanghainese girls tend on the tall side. Or if not tall, then they would never be called short. So those actors who are 180 cm - consider a very respectable height over here, are not even 6 feet tall. But they are considered giant due to the fact that everyone else is just shorter than they are.

Peter Ho (#32), Nick Tse (#2), Jimmy Lin (#28), and Tony Leung (#20) are on the list, but Ren Quan isn't. I'm not sure who Stephen Fung is, but I don't think he's on the list either.
    Is Huang Xiao Ming on there? There's something seriously wrong with the list if he's not.
    Also, who's number one?

Yeah, I'm over half way through "Smart Kid" and it's definitely getting better. I just wish Xiao Hai has more screentime. At the end of episode 22, Ning Wang got up to leave NY and Dicky alone to talk and I was like, "No, don't go! Stay and flash that charismatic smile around some more!"
    Random tangent - that reminds me of the scene in "Lion in Winter" where everyone goes to King Phillip's (played by a very young, very attractive Timothy Dalton) room to expose one another for various deeds. So after the very beginning of the scene, we don't get to see Phillip anymore, which is very odd as it is HIS room.

Hey Weiyi, have you checked your PM box recently?

And if I ever get plunked into the Qing Dynasty of ancient serials and run into a shifty, conflicted man with a mysterious past, I will definitely be extra nice to him just in case (more cases than not...) he turns out to be the emperor.
    Yes, that would constitute as a wise investment for the future.

Is it a big sword?
    While it's nowhere as big as HXM's sword in ROCH (which, I might add, has got to be the mother (and father too) of all swords), it's a nice standard size for a sword.

Is Huang Xiao Ming on there? There's something seriously wrong with the list if he's not.
    Also, who's number one?
    We've already established that it's a messed up list since SXH isn't on there. But, to further prove that point, no, HXM isn't on there either. I guess the closest thing to his name being mentioned is the fact that his HK counterpart Louis Koo is #6.

Zhou Jie Lun, better known as Jay Chou, is number one. I think he's a good singer and all, but I don't think he's deserving of the numero uno spot on a list full of supposed hotties.

Random tangent - that reminds me of the scene in "Lion in Winter" where everyone goes to King Phillip's (played by a very young, very attractive Timothy Dalton) room to expose one another for various deeds. So after the very beginning of the scene, we don't get to see Phillip anymore, which is very odd as it is HIS room.
    That is indeed very random, but that's really nothing new for this thread. I've never seen that movie. It sounds like an old classic.
    Xiao Hai is part of the supporting cast of SK, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that he hasn't gotten much screentime compared to, oh, say...Dicky. I expect him to show up more now though, since the old emperor has passed away and the throne is up for grabs. I actually want Ning Wang to succeed, but of course that's just not possible in a family-type show like this...

Wow, your descriptions of Shanghai brings very vivid images into my mind and I wish I were there! Do you think it's a lot like NYC since it's so diverse and just...loud? My mom says that there aren't really a lot of true Shanghainese people in that city (as in people who were actually born in Shanghai like you and me), probably only about 30%. Before this visit, when was the last time you were there? It's fitting that you should mention them together, but the two things I remember the most from when I was last there in the summer of 2001 are the great food and the horrendous public restrooms. The traffic was kind of scary too. Have you explored Huai Hai Lu yet?

You must feel pretty tall over there, eh? Even if most of the guys are short, any luck in the eyecandy department?

And for the record, talking about Shanghai does have some connection to SXH 'cause I believe his girlfriend is from/lives there.

Since you're in China right now and with your newly developed interest in Xiao Hai, you might be interested to know this: according to an article on shenxiaohai.com, both "New Reincarnation" ( "Jin Can Si Yu" or <<金蚕丝雨>> ) and "Fuo Tiao Qiang" ( <<佛跳墙>> ) are playing separately on 电视剧频道和东视文艺频道. Check your local listings!

Interesting story about Xiao Hai and FTQ: The character that Xiao Hai plays was supposed to be in his 50's, which Xiao Hai obviously is not. Therefore, the director felt kind of embarrassed to approach Xiao Hai with this role. However, our not only extremely suave and handsome, but also very intelligent and creative Xiao Hai suggested some changes to the character to add depth as well as more background to him not only to make things more interesting, but at the same time would diminish the age of the character as well. The director was very happy with the suggestions and incorporated them into the show.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/ph/jz/t-6.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/ph/jz/t-1.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/ph/jz/t-3.JPG')

Last thing for now. I watched six clips involving Xiao Hai from the first two episodes of "Wu Yan Nu". A couple of them were pretty funny and three of them were sad (seeing Xiao Hai sad makes me sad ). Why does the girl that Xiao Hai loves have to marry the main guy played by Qiu Xin Zhi?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-10-04 at 08:21 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I would like to add my comments about Shanghai but I am worried u guys might be offended...so I thot I ask if you are ok with that first.

Jay CHou at 1? huh? that's ridiculous... for talent ...more believeable.

I am no shanghai born lady but I have a mag on it..gives pretty comprehensive info..I can help AC with some recommendations.

someone among u girls are tall...that's great...i am 1 short gal

apologize... have added so many random short posts...hope I have not irritated the hell out of you!