Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Xiao Hai

I finished watching STYXZ!!! Check out the thread if you're interested in my ramblings.

Now let's turn our full attention to Xiao Hai.

I finally know where those pics I posted on page 8 of this thread are from. They were taken during a rehearsal of Xiao Hai's new play "Jin Ye Qing Jiang Wo Yi Wang" ( 今夜请将我遗忘 ). Here are some pics from the actual play itself:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.steven5.com/d5/photo/040117/04.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.steven5.com/d5/photo/040117/05.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.steven5.com/d5/photo/040117/06.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.steven5.com/d5/photo/040117/07.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.steven5.com/d5/photo/040117/11.JPG')

I wonder what the play is about. Xiao Hai looks very sexy, especially in the last pic. I wish I could watch him live.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i forgot to tell you something!
    when i rented Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi, i decided to test it out, so i watched the opening song. wow, the visuals already had me hooked, it is a very good production, you could say that it was very well crafted, and the song is catchy too!
    i could only guessed from what i managed to see that this is partly a comedy, the funny kid, you know "Xiao Ting Tang"? he is here too.
    and, this is the best part! Shen Xiao Hai is sooooo sexy in here!!! i don't know what kind of role he is playing yet, but god, he is gorgeous here!!! hehe, you know lady zhuge, i suggest that you watch this too.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Jenny! Xiao Ting Tang...I think I remember him from "Li Wei Dang Guan II". Xiao Hai plays a guy named Bai Yu Tang in "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi". I heard from some other fans that he doesn't have a main role, though. Here are some pictures, courtesy of shenxiaohai.com:
    (And yes, he does look oh so fine...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/PDVD101.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/PDVD_028.jpg')
    FaMoonLau should be happy that Xiao Hai isn't bald the whole time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/PDVD054.jpg')

I do plan to watch this serial eventually. I've still got to see "Smart Kid" too.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-03-04 at 09:46 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Lady Zhuge and Jenny

Boy, we need more discussion about Xiao Hai. His thread is now on the second page! Didn't know that Xiao Hai also did a stage play. He looked kind of cool in that modern hair style (anything is better than bald ) and outfit, at least it was a big improvement over the outfit he wore during rehearsal. Too bad the girl was not pretty. I wonder what the play was about.

Jenny, how is 'Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi' so far? Lady Zhuge said that Xiao Hai did not have a lead role. What was his role? Was he paired with that girl in the pic? Who was she? Don't recognize her.

I am watching 'Tien Long Ba Bu' and I really wish they had chosen Xiao Hai to play Mu Rong Fu instead of that guy. MRF was supposed to be very cool and suave. But the actor they picked was so ugly and old. : Xiao Hai would have made a much better MRF.

Ni hao, FaMoonLau!

There's a very simple reason why this thread ended up on page 2. Goddessofhonour, whom I affectionately think of as "the posting tornado", blew through SPCNET today. She's a fan/supporter of so many actors and actresses.

The news about this play took me by surprise too. I thought Xiao Hai would have been too busy to also be in a play. It seems like he hasn't had a break in a long time. I really want more info about that Broadway play he did some years back for which he received critical acclaim. I wonder if it is available on tape or something?
    Since you just love Xiao Hai's bald look so much ( ), I just had to post this:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shenxiaohai.com/zp/I-19.jpg')

Wouldn't Xiao Hai make a great Asian Spiderman?

Yeah Jenny, we're so curious about Xiao Hai's role in XQXWY. I heard that he appears in the very first episode.

How are you enjoying TLBB? If Xiao Hai had played Murong Fu, I wouldn't have blamed Wang Yu Yan at all for being obsessed with that jerk MRF. Either Xiao Hai or Qiao Zhen Yu would have been great in that role. The actor they did choose is a good actor despite not being handsome. He also played Ouyang Ke in LOCH 2003. He always does his own stunts and I felt sorry for him when I heard that he broke his legs filming the part when the big boulder fell on him. I wonder if Xiao Hai will ever star or be in a Jin Yong production?

I started watching "Smart Kid"!!! I know that Xiao Hai doesn't appear until the second half, though. Have you seen this page? I couldn't believe what this person wrote about Xiao Hai and his role in this show, especially the bolded parts:

Ning Wang (Shen Xiao Hai)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.tripod.com/meitian_mov/sk/cast/02.jpg')
    The villain in this show. Rebel who wanted to take over the crown. He is good looking, suave, knowledgeable, highly pretentious and ambitious.

Shen Xiao Hai didn't do a good job in this show. He has limited expressions and he simply does not portray a villain well. He also doesn't look handsome, suave and knowledgeable to me. As for being pretentious, there are not much difference between his 'good' and bad appearance to the audience. This show is incomplete without a good villain. Huang Hai Bing as a small role of 6 prince did a better job. He is more hateful.
    Admittedly, I haven't actually seen Xiao Hai in this show since he has yet to appear, but I beg to differ about him not being able to portray a villain well. I'm guessing this is the only series this person has watched Xiao Hai in. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but...whaddaya mean Xiao Hai doesn't look handsome and suave and knowledgeable?!? He is damn hot and sexy and beaming with cunning and intelligence. Ah, having finished ranting, I feel much better now.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge, I totally agree with you about Xiao Hai. He is cool, suave and a great actor. I think that person is just clueless. Can't believe you post a pic of Xiao Hai in a tank top with no hair. Almost had a heartattack when I saw it. Can we stick to pics of Xiao Hai in nice outfits and preferably with hair?

I don't really like this remake of TLBB. The cast was not attractive to me. The only exception is Liu Tao. My favorite is still the 80s HK production. All the girls were so pretty especially Cecilia Wong who played Ah Zhu. She is one of my all-time favorite actresses. I don't know why the producer picked that actor to play a suave guy like MRF or a playboy like Ouyang Ke. He is a good actor but his look just does not fit the role and he always seems to have too much makeup on his face. If I were WYY, I would ditch him for Duan Yu too. Xiao Hai would have been a much better choice in both cases.

Are you going to watch "Smart Kid" from the beginning? It is kind of boring until Xiao Hai appeared. I can't wait to hear Jenny's feedback about "Xin Qi Xia Wu Yi". Hope she will update us soon.

Hi FaMoonLau! Sorry I almost gave you a heartattack. You know that was not my original intention. I just think Xiao Hai looks hot with hair, half bald, or even totally bald. Of course that is my order of preference, though. Here's a pic of Xiao Hai with hair:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.picd.net/qiqi/M_10976361201.jpg')

Can you guess what series it's from?

The 2003 version of TLBB is the only one I've seen and I liked it. I don't know anything about the old '80's version. Who played the three main characters in that one? I thought Hu Jun fit the role of Xiao Feng very well, Jimmy Lin was sooo adorable as Duan Yu ( ), and Gao Hu was a convincing Xu Zhu (although I found the parts involving him the least interesting). I'm surprised you're not drooling over more of the girls. I agree that Liu Tao is very pretty. Too bad she wasn't in it much. Even though I hate the character Ah Zi, I like the actress who plays her, Chen Hao. Liu Yi Fei as Wang Yu Yan doesn't do anything for you? The only actress I'd classify as ugly is the one who played Ma Fu Ren. I think her name is Christy Chung. She fit the role of that *****y character perfectly, though.
    Maybe the director picked that actor for MRF and OYK because he does his own stunts, so they don't have to get a stuntdouble in there. That saves both money and time. I agree that he always looks kind of unnatural with all that makeup on. I don't think he has nice skin and the makeup actually highlights that rather than hiding it.

Yeah, I'm watching "Smart Kid" from the beginning. It's okay so far, kind of boring like you said. Dicky is putting his foot down with his students. His character's name is just Bu Dong, right? Does he have a surname or is 'Bu' the surname? I'm glad Dicky is in this show. Otherwise, I'd definitely just fastforward to when Xiao Hai enters the picture.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

That's more like my cool dude. Is the pic from 'Chinese Ghost Story'? Lady Zhuge, have you seen anymore pics of Xiao Hai from this latest projects? It has been a while and I wonder if they are done filming.

I thought Dicky's name in 'Smart Kid' was given to him by the temple since he was going to be a monk. What do you think of Dicky's roommate, the other monk? I really like him. He was so funny. His scenes with Dicky were great.

As for TLBB, you can see the cast of the 80's version here. Chen Hao is prettier than the girl in the old version. But Idy Chan was a better looking WYY, IMO. LYF is pretty but she can't act. Watched an episode last night where Duan Yu met WYY the first time in the garden. They looked like two kids trying to act like adults. I also prefer the male leads in the old production. Ken Tong was a better actor than Jimmy and Leung Ka Yan made QF more like a person than a wild killing machine. He and Cecilia were so cute together. I am waiting to see Hu Jun with Liu Tao. Hope they will have good chemistry. I totally agree with you about Ma Fu Ren. She was supposed to be very beautiful and seductive. But Christy looked like an old hag. No wonder QF was not interested. I also find the costumes rather distracting. MWQ would have been much prettier if they had not covered half her face with hair and dressed her in a black tent-like outfit. Zhong Ling's hair was a total disaster. Overall, I still prefer the girls from the old version.

Hi FaMoonLau! Yep, you got it! That pic is from ACGS. Xiao Hai is done filming all of his latest projects except "Shang Dao". He is still at Heng Dian for that one. I've only been able to find out his character's name: 车维仁, but no other details yet.

Xiao Hai left a message for his fans at shenxiaohai.com to thank everyone for their kind birthday greetings, gifts, and to wish everyone happiness and success. He also promised to make more interesting series for us to watch and not to let us down. Check out this page to listen to it. There's also a cute picture of Xiao Hai posing with a little black doggie. It's nice to know what Xiao Hai's real voice sounds like. It fits the rest of him: SEXY.

Dicky's roommate...you mean the other monk named Wu Xiu that the emperor sent out to find his former lover and son? I like him too. It was funny when he beat Dicky up in his sleep. Dicky asked him if he was a real monk or not, but he never really answered the question. I was kind of curious about that too.

Thanks for the link. I've never seen Idy Chan act, but the general consensus seems to be that she's great at it. However, I've seen several pictures of her, but just do not think she is pretty. I agree with you that although good-looking, LYF is a poor actress. However, WYY is supposed to be rather wooden, so she can get away with it. I'm just hoping her acting will have improved in this new ROCH that's currently filming right now. You've got to give her credit for one thing, though. It must have been a challenge for her to really look like she was in love with the MRF in this adaptation. Hu Jun and Liu Tao do have good chemistry together. At least I thought so. Let me know what you think. I heard that Kent Tong portrayed Duan Yu more closely to how the character was in the book: scholarly, not necessarily cute. I can't help but dig Jimmy, though. He brought Duan Yu to life in his own unique way.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hey, sorry i only posted now.
    still have not finished watching XQXWY, and i am afraid i have some bad news. its not as good as what i had predicted it to be, there are two main reasons for this:
    1. some of the funny scenes are not that funny, some scenes seem to be forced, and some are too prolonged
    2. SXH is not the lead, the lead actor is very annoying to me, he is not pitiful, just whiny and pathetic

the series is split into stories:
    the first story sucks
    am going to watch the 2nd story where they focus more on sxh

sxh is Bai Gu Shan, an "annoying" person who relies on his skills on talking for a living. he is a sort of a bad guy in a funny way, always buttering it up to the lousy good for nothing offcials in his town, he is also bullying the lead and he likes to create trouble.
    but i find the lead to be more annoying than him! i really laughed at his antics! sort of a cross between jimmy lin and dicky cheung, but much more handsome! i like his funny and cute facial expressions too.

the other char.
    the lead(forgot the name) failed in the examination for judges for the nth time, decided not to go back to his province and tried his luck in Tian Qiao(where the story and everyone else is based). met 2 lady acrobats and their mother. this mother-daughters family has a history. mother is the wife of the lousy corrupt official there, they were banished when mother gave birth to a dead cat.. the doings of the 2nd wife... her son was taken away from her by the evil 2nd wife.... basically the first story revolves around this family...
    also, the lead, got lost in the woods, met a beautiful woman whom the people believed to be a ghost, became infatuated with her, decided not to leave Tian Qiao and eventually earned a living by using his broken pipa with one string like a modern guitar(yes, modern elements were infused here, now, when used nicely, like in Feng Liu Shao Nian Tang Bu Hu, i would not object, but here, they are corny!)

now all sxh does in the first story is to give the lead and the mother-daughters a hard time, but he gets punished, eventually the lead and sxh get along....
    am going to watch this 2nd story as it seems to focus more on sxh, the woman on the photograph appears here, he is infatuated with her....

if it weren't for sxh, i doubt i would watch this. the only thing that keeps me going in the first story are the scenes where sxh is bullying the lead, sxh displays perfect comic timing!

his cute facial antica are sooooo sexy!

but all in all, i don't really like this series. dunno, maybe its me. thank goodness for the fast forward button!

why can't sxh get the lead roles in series like:
    Yang Gui Fei
    Wu Zhe Tian
    PZXY
    TLBB
    adaptations based on the lives of Kang Xi, Yong Zheng, etc...
    he would have shine in this!
    hello? calling all directors and producers! you are letting a gem slip by your noses!!!

i am also nearly finished with Tian Yi Sheng Shui, man, its VERY GOOD!!!!
    i laugh and cried in most parts, this drama will really affect you...
    i recommend this series
    also, while watching TYSS, i saw the trailer of "Jiang Shan Feng (rain) Qing"
    its very nice, it stars Wang Gang, Chen Dao Ming, Liu wei, and a host of other veteran stars as well as beautiful actresses, its about the fall of Ming and the rise of Qing, the betrayal of Wu San Gui and how the royal family of Ming eventually commited suicide at the end, i was really enthralled....
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Hi Jenny! Thanks for all that information about XQXWY. Aww, I'm disappointed that the series isn't very good. The cover made it look pretty exciting, like there would be some battles or something. Were there any?
    So is Xiao Hai playing a good guy or a bad guy in this show? I'm still kind of confused about that. I'm encouraged to hear that Xiao Hai is funny in this, though. I've never seen him in a comedic role yet. A cross between Jimmy Lin and Dicky Cheung...? Mmmm...I do like the sound of that. That pic where he's getting his ear pinched looks pretty funny. Was he being a bad boy or something? Also, how come his hair is half bald in some pictures, but then not in others? Does Xiao Hai's character have a love interest in this show or is he stuck again loving a girl who doesn't love him back?
    Please provide more information on the second story as or after you watch it! About how many episodes or how much screentime would you estimate that Xiao Hai has in this show? Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again!

Yeah, Xiao Hai needs and deserves better roles!!! I wonder if he's been trying out for them, but just not getting the parts 'cause the casting people are blind or if he's just not even been trying out for them.

Oooooh, I want to see JSFYQ! Tang Guo Qiang and Chen Dao Ming are in it. I keep seeing advertisements and posters for it, but it's still not out yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Jenny, thanks for your feedback on XQXWY. Too bad it is no good. I think the lead is Xu Zheng. He played Li Wei in 'Li Wei Dang Guan'. I saw some of it and did not care for him. I guess he is the mainland equivalent of Dicky Cheung. Who is the lead actress? Is she pretty? I am also curious about Xiao Hai's hair. He was bald in one pic and got hair in another. Did he end up with anyone? Hope Xiao Hai will be in better projects next year. Looks like he wasted his talent on this one.

I want to see JSFYQ too! Since they included a trailer of JSFYQ in TYSS, I assume it will come out soon. Should be a very interesting serie.

Lady Zhuge, have you seen the part when Dicky and his roommate took a bath together in the same bath tub yet? It was so hilarious. Wish I could watch it again.

Hi FaMoonLau! Yes, I did watch the bathtub scene. It was funny how Dicky tricked Wu Xiu into standing up first. His name should be changed to Do Dong instead of Bu Dong.

I noticed that there are some pics of Xiao Hai from "Yi Lian You Meng" up at shenxiaohai.com that I don't remember seeing before. Here are 6 of them:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_108882446414.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10888243886.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_108882446410.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10888243889.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10888244649.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://picd.net/yoyochen/Y_10888244995.jpg')

Xiao Hai appears to have quite a few costume changes in this show.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge, do you like the scenes with Dicky and his mom? I like their interaction. They appeared to be very close even though they did not live together. Has Nie Yuan appeared yet? He was a total wimp.

I wonder who took that first pic. Must be another one of those people who were fascinated by bald head and tank top! I much prefer the fourth pic. Xiao Hai looked young and happy. Too bad he was probably looking at Tao Hong. Wish he looked at Rebecca that way in HGZ. Do you think Xiao Hai had lipstick on in the last pic? I hope not! That would be totally uncool.

Saw a few more episodes of TLBB. The part where they revealed the truth about QF's family was so draggy. The Gai Pang elders looked so wimpy and I can't stand Christy's acting. So far, the cast just drives me nuts! Guess I will just focus on Ah Zhu.

Hi FaMoonLau! I guess the scenes with Dicky and his mom are all right. The actress seems to be a bit too young to be his mother, but since Bu Dong is supposed to be like 20 or something, I suppose it's acceptable. It was cute how he carried her down the hill. Dicky always seems to have good chemistry with his mothers in various shows. I think it's a reflection of his relationship with his real-life mom.
    No, I haven't gotten to the part when Nie Yuan appears. I'm guessing that he's the son Bu Dong is out to find?

Hey, now. I like the first pic alot. The expression on Xiao Hai's face and just the way he looks is dead sexy. It also brings out that strong and perfect chin of his. Yeah, he is looking at Tao Hong in the 4th pic.

I think he is wearing some lipstick (or at least lip gloss) in the last pic. I guess it's for photographic effect? Hmm, I just noticed. Xiao Hai has a mole on his right ear. That's going into the random trivia bank.

Well, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that Ah Zi does us all a favor when she indirectly does away with Ma Fu Ren. The bad news is that Ah Zhu must die. It was so sad that I still remember when it happened...in episode 17...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

To employ a rather outdated quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Okay, now that pic link is working.
    Hmm...he sort of looks like Guo Liang, but more feminine. *wonders where AnalyticChick is?*
    Yep, he definitely has that evil gleam in his eyes down pat.
    So let's get this straight. Even when I think guys who aren't GL are cute, they actually do still look alike.

Well, I mean I'm at this thread aren't I? Basically because I channel surfed into Wu Yan Nu, got hooked, caught the tail end of another, later episode on a different television channel (don't ask), and thought the bad guy was incredibly cute.

So basically, I really don't need to be obsessed with one actor - as long as I can find a steady stream of replacements who all look like him.

Finally, any recommendations for best series I can see him in? I actually went through the entirely of "Smart Kid" thinking the villian was really pretty but wore too much hair and makeup. It's amazing what the half bald look can do for a guy.

Oh, and a word about "Smart Kid". When Nie Yuan shows up, it's going to be angst city for some twenty odd episodes. I don't know how many times the sephia-toned "angst genesis" clip was shown, but you'll be VERY familiar with it by the end of the show.
    Finally, you know how NY looks a bit pouty even when he's not brooding about anything? Well imagine him with a DARK SECRET and let the fun begin. Even more than Wu Qing in "Four Detective Guards" I reckon.

Not to disparage the show entirely though, everyone else steered off the angst, so it was eminently watchable even up to the end.
    Last edited by AnalyticChick; 11-06-04 at 10:59 AM.

Welcome to Shen Xiao Hai's thread, Weiyi!!! It's about time, although it's really never too late to discover the goodness that is Xiao Hai.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    I actually went through the entirely of "Smart Kid" thinking the villian was really pretty but wore too much hair and makeup. It's amazing what the half bald look can do for a guy.
    Ah yes, you've always been a fan of the Manchurian hair look. Unlike FaMoonLau, you prefer Xiao Hai when he's half bald.
    Despite all the "replacements", is GL still your number one guy?

I first saw Xiao Hai in "Hua Gu Zi" and there's been no turning back ever since. So, I really recommend that one as long as you can tolerate or fastforward through Zhang Ting's crying in the middle. I've also watched "A Chinese Ghost Story" and "New Reincarnation" just to see him and do not regret any of those decisions. His character is pretty one-dimensional in ACGS whereas he's quite deceptive in NR. He has long hair in all three of those series, though. I have yet to watch him in a show where he is half bald, and I know he's made quite a few of those. You might be able to catch some of Xiao Hai's recent productions in addition to earlier ones on TV since you're in China right now.

You might not remember this, but awhile ago on AIM when I was asking you about Xiao Hai and his role in "Smart Kid", you said this show has a surprising abundance of eyecandy and proceeded to send me a pic of the music teacher whom I now know is Yue Wen played by Li Jin Rong. You said the pic didn't do him justice and you know what? You were absolutely right. Here's a pretty good pic of the actor in another role, though:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.enorth.com.cn/0/01/27/24/1272493_949096.jpg')

I'm curious to see how his relationship with He Mei Tian will work out in the show. It would be such a shame if they didn't end up together after everything they've been through.
    The actor who plays Xing Feng (the student who was misunderstood and had no real friends at the beginning) isn't too shabby looking either and he does seem familiar, but I just can't recall where I've seen him before...

Nie Yuan finally appeared in "Smart Kid", but he is a wuss like FaMoonLau said, afraid to do so many things. It seemed like he was going to be cool and mysterious when they first started showing shots of him, but that did not turn out to be the case. Yes, he's brooding a lot; he might as well be the background for all I care. I've now skipped about 5 episodes (will watch them later) and saw episode 16. To my utter joy and excitement, Xiao Hai appeared! He is not only hot and clever, but good at physical skills as well. I really like that part when he fixed the bridge by kicking some logs and a rope into the air and they somehow all came together. The man's the perfect package except for the minor fact that he covets the throne, but I don't really see anything wrong with that... The country might be better off in his hands as opposed to NY's. It's so funny (but also sad in a way) how Dicky's students are leaving him to listen to Ning Wang's talks. It looks like he's finally met his match. What also cracks me up is whenever that one gay student sighs and swoons about how 'shuai' Ning Wang is.

In response to a question FaMoonLau brought up earlier in the thread, yeah, I do think that Li Bing Bing has a crush on Xiao Hai. She was really sad when she thought he didn't remember her, daydreamed about being saved by him and was obviously jealous when he let that other girl be the first to cross the newly named bridge. I don't like her character so far in this show. She is really annoying and LBB is not that cute or pretty even when she pouts her lips in an attempt to be.

Some pics from "Smart Kid" courtesy of sina.com:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2001-07-31/28-3-51997_jl06.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2001-07-31/28-3-52000_jl08.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2001-07-31/28-3-52001_jl09.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.sina.com.cn/d/2001-07-31/28-3-51994_jl03.jpg')

UPDATE: Everyone, shenxiaohai.com has a brand new layout and lots of new Xiao Hai pics (all of which are branded now), so do check it out when you get a chance!!!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-06-04 at 01:56 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ah yes, you've always been a fan of the Manchurian hair look. Unlike FaMoonLau, you prefer Xiao Hai when he's half bald.
    Despite all the "replacements", is GL still your number one guy?
    Well, unless he goes back to shaving his head and wielding a sword instead of domestic angst (ehem, Power of Love, ehem), he might get put on the back burner. Which pains me to no end, but has to be done if I run out of his filmography to watch.

You might not remember this, but awhile ago on AIM when I was asking you about Xiao Hai and his role in "Smart Kid", you said this show has a surprising abundance of eyecandy and proceeded to send me a pic of the music teacher whom I now know is Yue Wen played by Li Jin Rong. You said the pic didn't do him justice and you know what? You were absolutely right. Here's a pretty good pic of the actor in another role, though:
    I do remember that conversation and the picture I sent you is still on the desktop. However, he does look a ton better when he wears less makeup than his love interest. His name looks vaguely familiar - was he in Young Justice Bao III with Wang Xue Bing and company? Or am I just making that up?

I'm curious to see how his relationship with He Mei Tian will work out in the show. It would be such a shame if they didn't end up together after everything they've been through.
    Which is mainly of the "we're a repressed ancient Chinese couple so we can never explain anything to each other" vein. Sometimes I just want to jump into the screen and shake some sense into both halves of such relationships. And as you may have surmised, watching television with me can get pretty interesting.

The actor who plays Xing Feng (the student who was misunderstood and had no real friends at the beginning) isn't too shabby looking either and he does seem familiar, but I just can't recall where I've seen him before...
    Black garbed boy whose best friend was a wooden practice doll until he discovered true happiness when Dicky came and destroyed his family property? (Interesting idea, by the way...)? Word. "Ohh" said I. He actually reminds a bit of the original Zhang Zhao in Justice Bao - I think his name is Kenny something. I started out liking him best, but be warned that he goes off to "ga1 xi4" - family colloquialism for when an actor suddently gets no more screen time because he, presumably, is too occupied acting in another series - after his little section is over.

And yes, Nie Yuan is a complete wuss who doesn't really get any less wuss-y as the show goes on. He just gets a better costume. Quite dissapointing. Are you tired of the pout yet?

To my utter joy and excitement, Xiao Hai appeared! He is not only hot and clever, but good at physical skills as well. I really like that part when he fixed the bridge by kicking some logs and a rope into the air and they somehow all came together.
    Since this is after all his thread, he is very pretty in this series. But he is just a tad, or a lot effeminate for my taste and that hair made me cringe every time (same deal as with the music teacher, actually). However, I always think that uber, career villians like this are better off in stuff like, well, Four Detective Guards or Wu Yan Nu than a Dicky Cheung vessel.

Wu Yan Nu is on tonight! And one of the stations (ahem) is only on episode ten or so. So I think I will get to see his big entrance and plotting manuveurs. Joy!

Well, unless he goes back to shaving his head and wielding a sword instead of domestic angst (ehem, Power of Love, ehem), he might get put on the back burner. Which pains me to no end, but has to be done if I run out of his filmography to watch.
    How many of GL's series have you not watched yet?
    Putting GL on the back burner to make room for Xiao Hai is not a bad thing at all.

I do remember that conversation and the picture I sent you is still on the desktop. However, he does look a ton better when he wears less makeup than his love interest. His name looks vaguely familiar - was he in Young Justice Bao III with Wang Xue Bing and company? Or am I just making that up?
    I haven't seen YJB III, but after doing some checking up, I can confirm that he was indeed in it. This guy is really handsome. He is quite tall and has almost flawless features. I'm kind of surprised that he is not that popular. I guess even in the entertainment business, looks aren't everything.

Which is mainly of the "we're a repressed ancient Chinese couple so we can never explain anything to each other" vein. Sometimes I just want to jump into the screen and shake some sense into both halves of such relationships. And as you may have surmised, watching television with me can get pretty interesting.
    Yes, either that or "Just saying you're sorry isn't going to cut it." Why the hell not?!? HMT is really just torturing herself and loverboy too, probably to get emotional revenge for those 3 long years. I'm hoping that time will heal the wounds and she will finally find it in her heart to forgive him so they can kiss, makeup, get married, and make babies!!! Okay, I'll just stop now. See, I can get as scary as you.

Black garbed boy whose best friend was a wooden practice doll until he discovered true happiness when Dicky came and destroyed his family property? (Interesting idea, by the way...)? Word. "Ohh" said I. He actually reminds a bit of the original Zhang Zhao in Justice Bao - I think his name is Kenny something. I started out liking him best, but be warned that he goes off to "ga1 xi4" - family colloquialism for when an actor suddently gets no more screen time because he, presumably, is too occupied acting in another series - after his little section is over.
    The actor's name is Kenny something? I didn't even know he had an English name. I only know that his Chinese name is 王槊 and I still can't figure out where I've seen him before. I've never watched JB, so that can't be it. He did a great job of transitioning from a misunderstood jerk to a nice and friendly guy.

And yes, Nie Yuan is a complete wuss who doesn't really get any less wuss-y as the show goes on. He just gets a better costume. Quite dissapointing. Are you tired of the pout yet?
    I wish NY would be more like his alias counterpart Qing Tian. It's getting dull watching him sulk about why he can't be more like that. A swift kick in the bottom might do wonders if destroying property was such an effective method.

Since this is after all his thread, he is very pretty in this series. But he is just a tad, or a lot effeminate for my taste and that hair made me cringe every time (same deal as with the music teacher, actually). However, I always think that uber, career villians like this are better off in stuff like, well, Four Detective Guards or Wu Yan Nu than a Dicky Cheung vessel.
    If you think he looks too feminine in "Smart Kid", then I don't think you'd like his look in "New Reincarnation" much either. Layers of makeup would be understating it. Of course to me, he always looks hot.

Wu Yan Nu is on tonight! And one of the stations (ahem) is only on episode ten or so. So I think I will get to see his big entrance and plotting manuveurs. Joy!
    Lucky you! How many episodes are there in total and in which one does Xiao Hai first appear?

Since you're watching WYN, here are some more pics of sexy Xiao Hai in it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/wyv/W12.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/wyv/W11.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/wyv/W1.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.shenxiaohai.com/ph/jt/wyv/W17.JPG')

I find the expression on his face in the last pic particularly interesting. It looks like a combination of annoyed, amused, and something else...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

How many of GL's series have you not watched yet?
    Putting GL on the back burner to make room for Xiao Hai is not a bad thing at all.
    Well, let's see. I've seen Ji Xiang Ru Yi, Book and Sword 2002, and Drunken Kung Fu. So basically I've covered all his ancient roles. Was really thinking about watching "Power of Love", but not even his presence can make me submit myself to a 30-40 episode modern melodrama about domestic angst and illegitimate children.

Interestingly enough, I've seen all three of the above shows being broadcast here. As well, the Liao Ning station is going to start airing "Hua Gu Zi" soon. Ah Chinese television - how I love thee!

I haven't seen YJB III, but after doing some checking up, I can confirm that he was indeed in it. This guy is really handsome. He is quite tall and has almost flawless features.
    Sigh. Yet another reason to go out as quickly as possible and get Young Justice Bao III. With Wang Xue Bing as lead and a truck load of eyecandy plus the Bao franchise, what's not to like?
    Regarding this one, I just want his characters to stop having the darn long hair that keeps obscuring his flawless features including, but not limited to, probably the best pair of cheekbones I have seen on a mainland actor.

Yes, either that or "Just saying you're sorry isn't going to cut it." Why the hell not?!? HMT is really just torturing herself and loverboy too, probably to get emotional revenge for those 3 long years. I'm hoping that time will heal the wounds and she will finally find it in her heart to forgive him so they can kiss, makeup, get married, and make babies!!! Okay, I'll just stop now. See, I can get as scary as you.
    Yup - nothing beats a Pyrrhic victory. But thankfully they are both protagonists, so we have to make them happy before we can pan out. And yes, speculating upon characters procreation schemes is further than I'd want to go. But still I think they would make very pretty babies.

The actor's name is Kenny something? I didn't even know he had an English name. I only know that his Chinese name is 王槊 and I still can't figure out where I've seen him before. I've never watched JB, so that can't be it.
    Erm not exactly. I was saying that he looks like the guy from JB - Kenny Ho. Which he does, rather.

I wish NY would be more like his alias counterpart Qing Tian. It's getting dull watching him sulk about why he can't be more like that. A swift kick in the bottom might do wonders if destroying property was such an effective method.
    Then again, is NY ever not sulky in a series? Think about it a minute and then answer me that. Minor spoiler here as well about the righteous kick - I'll just say that the show's writers have nothing on you.

I'm just going around watching random episodes of WYN right now as about six stations are playing it with different schedules. Just caught the tail end of the 39th episode and actually saw a smile there! Really. Not the one in which you actually go - "Oh wow, he has dimples?", but a cute little smile nonetheless. Of course, he gets carted off some ten minutes later (due to the whole "bad guys deserve retribution" law of serials), but he looked yummy before. Come to think about it, he looked pretty good during as well, but that is probably more the actor and less the character.

I'm guessing Xiao Hai is going to pop up in about episode 5 or so. I may be wrong. I'm going to start watching this thing from the beginning starting Saturday so I'll have better reporting then.

After seeing the bits of WYN I have and every single picture on this thread, I can only wonder at how I could not think he was awesomely attractive in Smart Kid. Mea culpa, mea culpa