Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Xue Hua Nu Shen Long

Lady Zhuge, you rock! Thanx so much for the summary. Keep up the great work!
    Ren Zai Jiang Hu Shen Bu You Ji
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

No problem, crazy. I just finished watching this series today. Overall, I found it to be entertaining, although definitely too predictable at times. QiQi, aisukiandi, and koorinohime were right about the ending. It really was not "the end" of the story. There will definitely be a sequel.

Anyway, I'll continue the summary later when I have more time and am not in the middle of finals.

Also, the song link I posted earlier is working again. I hope SS doesn't put another hoax on it.

Shameless plug: Sai Hua Tuo bandwagon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    No problem, crazy. I just finished watching this series today. Overall, I found it to be entertaining, although definitely too predictable at times. QiQi, aisukiandi, and koorinohime were right about the ending. It really was not "the end" of the story. There will definitely be a sequel.

hmm... mayb the writers thought that would be more interesting
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Originally posted by koorinohime
    hmm... mayb the writers thought that would be more interesting
    I hope that's not the case. To put it nicely, I will not be too happy.

Some gifs from XHNSL:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2004-2-6/200426113946354.gif')

Source: Vodka's signature at www.orienthollywood.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/club/xqfbff/dx2.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/club/xqfbff/dx1.gif')

Source: www.5151.net
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is my response to the flashy gifs.

Darn Evil Lady Zhuge, scheming to brainwash people with those super duper fast gifs.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Haha SS, one evil-doer deserves another.

One more gif from XHNSL:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2004-2-8/200428125714256.gif')

Source: xoxouu's signature at www.orienthollywood.com

More gifs will be posted in Qiao Zhen Yu's thread.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Haha SS, one evil-doer deserves another.

One more gif from XHNSL:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2004-2-8/200428125714256.gif')

Source: xoxouu's signature at www.orienthollywood.com

More gifs will be posted in Qiao Zhen Yu's thread.
    Ooo la La What's happening here? Please give full detail on what's happening~ !

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yeah, I wonder whats going on right there too.
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Okay, here's what's happening in that scene (it happens pretty early in the series):

After much deliberation, Shangguan Yan has agreed to "give her body" to Sai Hua Tuo for the night (use your imagination ) in exchange for his agreeing to save Sima Chang Feng's life. Earlier, Sima Chang Feng had been injured by the Phoenix sword when he intentionally let Shangguan Yan stab him.
    I think this is the point when Sai Hua Tuo truly falls for Shangguan Yan, because not only does he find her so very attractive, he now respects her altruism in sacrificing her body for Chang Feng. Because of this, he doesn't do anything to her, and states his desire to win her heart before possessing her body.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,

When did Sai Hua Tuo begin to be attracted to Shangguan Yan? What does he actually like about her anyway? Wait a minute, how did they meet (details?)?

And why does Shangguan Yan have to make a trade for him to save Sima Chang Feng's life? Wouldn't he be willing to save SCF's life, if she asked him? How is it that a gentleman looking person like Sai Hua Tuo make such a special exchange like that? He's reading some book, then it seems he went to that room quite quickly isn't it? Confused...heheheh Need more details on the scene.

Sorry for all the questions.

Although the ending might not have been what you liked it to be but the journey from beginning middle and almost near end was interesting right?

-SS

BTW, WB did you really spend all night or so studying?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-04-04 at 03:02 PM.

Here's the "immediate" response you requested, SS.

Sai Hua Tuo's master Bian Jiang Lao Ren and Shangguan Yan's master Gu Mu Tian are like "brothers"/best friends, so it would make sense that SHT and SY would have at least known of each other for a long time. The series does not make that very clear. If I remember correctly, the first time SHT and SY really interact in the actual series is when Sima Chang Feng has been seriously injured by SY's Phoenix sword and SY asks SHT to save him. Their relationship seemed very platonic then. SHT has several "rules", if you will, when it comes to saving people. He will only save those who are facing certain death, those who are easy on the eyes/people he wants to save, and he reserves the right to take away a life he has saved if an individual proves to be unworthy later on. He also requires a monetary fee for his services.
    When SY asked SHT to save SCF, she just assumed that she would pay the usual amount of money. However, SHT told her that because of the unique circumstances, this was not just any life he would be saving. By this, he is referring to the special bond between the Dragon and Phoenix swords, and thus the owners of the respective swords as well. Therefore, the price of saving Chang Feng's life would be a lot more "personal". At first, SY refused, called SHT a bunch of names, and stormed out, but SHT calmly replied that she would return. In the above clip, SY does indeed return that night while SHT is reading a book. He has been expecting her. So, SY is laying naked under the covers and SHT lifts them up using the whip-like string, then quickly drops them again. He is amazed at and awed by SY's willingness to give her dignity/sacredness up to save her enemy's life (at this point, SY and SCF still had a lot of misunderstandings between them and were thus on opposite sides). As for what SHT likes about SY, let's just say that it's everything.

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    Although the ending might not have been what you liked it to be but the journey from beginning middle and almost near end was interesting right?
    Despite mixed opinions, yeah, I liked this series overall. I still refuse to believe it's the *real* ending, though. There...must...be...a...sequel...

Originally posted by Suet Seung
    BTW, WB did you really spend all night or so studying?
    Uh...of course I did.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 05-06-04 at 02:49 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow, that really explained alot of stuff, thanx as always.
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

So, Lady Zhuge, when do your exams end, do you know some of your scores yet from the ones that you've already taken? I hope their good! I don't have finals until next week or something like that!
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Thanks for the good wishes. I wish you luck on your upcoming finals as well. I actually have my first two finals tomorrow.
    My last final will be next Tuesday, but then I will have to finish packing, move the rest of my stuff over to my new apartment, and fly home. What's left of my poor little brain is really going to need some time to recover then. So, please continue to be patient about the summary.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Of, course, and I'm also going to fly back to China on the 25th of this month. What a coincidence! Thanx for the luck also, I'm gonna need it!
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Yay! Two finals down, and three to go.

I'm not flying back to China, but rather from one state to another. Maybe when you go back to China, you can pick up this series. A lot of stuff seem to be much cheaper over there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thats what I was thinking too, but who knows with all those relatives to visit, I may or may not have enought dough left for my precious tv series. Thats really sad.
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Guys, let's go back on topic please?

Ladu Zhuge, could you tell us more about Sima Chang Feng and Shangguan Yan's character?

Well, just from the pictures, Shan Guan Yan looks like a tough chick that will bite your head off for looking at her wrong, but I bet she's soft on the inside though.
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

hehe right on