Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Orignally posted by tinac
    Latest news (Not sure if it's accurate):

ZJZ expressed that he'd like Zhang Zi Yi as XLN BUT JY said he'd like Liu Yi Fei as XLN.

Read the news here:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2004-05-26/1421400528.html

True, I read about the same thing. However, in a later statement, with the release of DGSD, LYF has not received good responses from the fans: "her expressionless face and stiff acting" XLN's role will be decided by the end of June and most likely the actress will be a newbie.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

According to this article, ZJZ will be using new actors/actresses ...
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-05-28/0610401899.html

I support the decision to use fresh actors/actresses for the main roles and for everything they can use known ones.

And i hope they will not cast a cute actress for XLN role. Other than being beautiful, i envisioned XLN as having mature look, not the teenager-ish or child-ish look. I think Kou Shibasaki-type of look would be perfect for this role, too bad she's japanese.

Does anyone remembers a taiwan actress named Yue Ling? I think she would be a good HR. She has the look and given her age now, she perfect.

The speculations have been going on for a long time, to the point that i wonder if they are still making this serial or not.

Well, nothing can be done except wait and hope that it will be good.

I think Zhang ziyi could be a great XLN, she's definetely got the 'icy' factor down and after watching CTHD, I don't really have any doubts about her acting and martial arts abilities.
    As for Yang Guo, I think we all want to see someone who's young, handsome and tall for the part, hopefully a newcomer who wont ruin the ideal image of Yang Guo. I hate it when they cast famous actors who are obviously too old for the parts they play: ie Li Ya Peng as Guo Jing or Zhou Jie as Yang Kang or Jimmy Lin as Duan Yue, the list goes on.

Are the young and unknown actors auditioning?

i don't think zhang ziyi is pretty enough for xln role. isn't xln suppose to look young too? she was 18 i think, zhang ziyi looked a bit old for the role, she looks like she is in her mid 20s. actually so is shui ling sometimes, shui ling def. look lik shes in her 20s.

i wonder if they will pick liu yi fei for the xln role... her acting skills is not that superb but i think she can look like xln.

it would be great if they let carman lee act again

News .. taken from SINA:
    1. There is delay on the series, the shooting will start on August.

2. The actors for roles Yi Deng, Chou Puo Tong and GJ's Sifu (the blind man) in LOCH will reprise their roles.

Default ooh

I think Zhou Bo Tong, Yi Deng, and the blind guy were well cast from the previous version.

everyone who appeared in loch who's character did'nt die characters should repaeat. except for zhuo xun has huang rong.

so who is the chose as Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu???
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

One of the latest rumours were that HXM will be YG and SunLi will be XLN, but these have been denied by ZJZ. All these were started when somebody saw their pictures in the casting list of YG and XLN.

Later news said that they are just possible choices (out of 5), but I saw in another news that SunLi is already committed in another show and can't possibly make it for ROCH.

The screen test (audition?) is on 25th of this month. So, the list of actors should be out then.

THe news is out (from SINA but not sure if accurate), Huang Xiao Ming is selected to be Yang Guo. However, for XLN role it will be a new actress to be selected on Aug 25th audition.

Read the news here http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-06-18/0838420993.html

NOTE: A few news were out on the actors selection before and were denied by ZJZ a few days later ... so this might not be final yet.

Just based on type-casting, I think that HXM would make a really good Yang Guo. I've personally never seen him as anyone but Han Wudi, so it would be a nice change. I just hope that he "lightens up", since recent pics have shown him to be quite dark (probably for the purpose of filming).
    It's also refreshing to hear that XLN will most likely be played by a newbie.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by tinac
    THe news is out (from SINA but not sure if accurate), Huang Xiao Ming is selected to be Yang Guo. However, for XLN role it will be a new actress to be selected on Aug 25th audition.

Read the news here http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-06-18/0838420993.html

NOTE: A few news were out on the actors selection before and were denied by ZJZ a few days later ... so this might not be final yet.
    If this is true then I'm jumping up and down with joy. I really believe HXM can played Yang Guo and I'm also glad they will find a newbie for XLN role since I really want to see a fresh face from the entertainment. I just really hope this newbie can act her XLN role. I wouldn't just want to see a pretty face that can't act out all the emotion that XLN has for Yang Guo.

am glad XLN will be played by new actress. However, why the fuss abt same actress playing as MNC and XLN? I thought it is a common practice, especially in making HSDS (the one w/ Ma Jing Dao, movie version w/ Zhang Ming)?

Or is it just ZWJ?
    back w/ a vengeance ^_^

wait, wuts the relation between ma jing tao hsds and the movie version???

chen hao will be sure to play guo fu, that's certain

zjz said he will pick yg out of hxm, nie yuan, and huang jue

Originally posted by alecforever815
    wait, wuts the relation between ma jing tao hsds and the movie version???

chen hao will be sure to play guo fu, that's certain

zjz said he will pick yg out of hxm, nie yuan, and huang jue
    Yup, I read this news on the weekend. Haven't got time to post it here.

Anyone knows what Huang Jue looks like?? Personally, I think HXM will look better as YG. I like Nie Yuan, but he does not look like a YG type to me.

personally, i think huang jue looks absolutely terrible! he was in lian ai zhong de bao bei with zhou xun

So has Huang Xiao Ming been officially confirmed as Yang Guo? *keeps fingers crossed*
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Huang Jue is out due to some reason. The selection is now between HXM and NY, the "exam" is June 25th.

I really hope it's HXM, he really looks better as YG. NY can act as GuoFu's husband (what's the name?? Ye Lu something)