Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

I think it'd be wierd for Shui Ling to be XLN... after all she did play Yang Guo's mom... You don't want to have the hots for your mom... unless you've got an Oedipus Complex.

i dont' see that as a problem tho...i mean it's a totally different character

idy chan has played both xln and hr before, it's not that weird, and ppl like felix, carmen, andy, tony have all played different roles in jy novels and they tend to relate a little bit

just stop imagining shui ling as mnc

Shui Ling should play a decent Little Dragon Girl.

And I am one of the few who thought the best Wong Yung was Au Yeung Pui San in ROCH83

Glad her name was mention
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I agree... it is only acting anyway. People act in all kinds of roles all the time. I would not mind SL playing XLN at all.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think Hu Jun would make a good Guo Jing.

Originally posted by tinac
    I think Hu Jun would make a good Guo Jing.
    and Liu Tao as a good HR just kidding

any news?

Originally posted by alecforever815

idy chan has played both xln and hr before, it's not that weird, and ppl like felix, carmen, andy, tony have all played different roles in jy novels and they tend to relate a little bit

Idy Chan played both of them but she was not really successful as HR. Maybe, she was overshadowed by her own role as XLN, the role which gave her a fame and she had played it only one or two years earlier. Moreover, her role as HR definitely was overshadowed by what Barbara Yung had done. Felix, Andy and Tony are different. They have those talents and skills to convince the audience to believe in the roles they played. Felix played GJ as a good guy to perfect but he was also very good as a villain in The Grand Canal. Andy played YG and ROCH and KX in DOMD. Both roles are rather similar in that they develop from the cheerfulness of the role to be a mature person when time has passed. Andy was good in such a role. But, definitely, he was not good as a villain and I doubt whether he used to be in such a role. Tony played ZWJ in HSDS and WXB in DOMD, two different characters but he could do very good in both of them. I think it depends on a person and his/her talent. Definitely, Idy Chan cannot play a cheerful role to perfect and she cannot play a villain.

When did Idy play Huang Rong???

Idy played HR in LOCH Taiwanese version the following year after she had played XLN with TVB. This version of LOCH was not quite successful. That is why a lot of persons do not even know of its existence.

yeah but i'm just saying, i dun think not casting sl just cuz hshe played mnc is a valid reason, trust me, i'm not a sl fan or anything, i've only seen one of her series so i have no preference towards her, but i just don't see how it would be weird if she plays xln

Idy played HR in LOCH Taiwanese version the following year after she had played XLN with TVB. This version of LOCH was not quite successful. That is why a lot of persons do not even know of its existence.
    Wow! Never even heard of it before!

News update, ZJZ said he did not too many Hongkong/Taiwan actors in the series.

He is a very wise man ... 8-)

Read this news here:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2004-04-08/1018358823.html

So any news yet on who will play the roles?

Shui Ling is pretty, but she is starting to look a little old. If they use her as XLN, they will need to find a guy in his 30's as YG.

I really hope they use Gao Yuan Yuan as XLN. She did such a good job in HSDS. I would like to see more of her.
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

An interview with JY. He said he and ZJZ both agree that XLN and YG should be acted by new comers. If the story is good and scenery is good, they don't big stars.

Read this here:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2004-04-08/1306358969.html

Interesting fact, do you know that his son committed suicide when studying in US?

Thanks for news Tinac! I am so sorry to hear that his son committed suicide. Why did he do it? Was it because of culture shock?? When did this happen? I agree that they don't need big stars. I think if they pick newcomers and they do a good job, they will become big stars...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

if it's new comers then i would preferr gao yuan yuan as xln she's so hot in old school clothes,lol.

I might have a different view with many ppl

I really wonder whether they can find anyone to beat Louis Koo's Yang Gou. In my opinion he is the closest one to the original novel though his acting skill has been blamed as he was a very inexperienced actor at the time. I really think he shears many similarities as the character in the book, he was rather acting himself. I do not think anyone nowadays at his age would have such a complicated life experience that would make him understand GY's feeling and acting out as an arrogant and passionate person against the society.

I do agree with you that Louis Koo did match the role of Yang Guo very well according to the novel. His looks and acting matched perfectly with Louis Cha's novel. However, I am very eager to find out what actor could match Yang Guo's character since he is so complex.

This news taken from an interview with Huang Xiao Ming
    Reporter: What is your next series that you are filming?
    HXM: Right now I am taking a break for a couple of weeks but will film a new series in the summer. However, the series is still pending and it depends if I can fit this series into my schedule or not.
    Reporter: Can you explain this new series?
    HXM: Right now, the series is still in the finishing touches but the story takes place during Wang Mang's rise and fall.
    Reporter: There is word that you may play Yang Guo for ROCH, can you confirm this to the fans?
    HXM: Truthfully, if the director does not release the names of the cast then cast members are not allow to leak the information. However, I can assure you that I will not play Yang Guo since I was not approached by the director YET.

I don't know if that YET implies anything, but at least it is information on the series.
    Last edited by hkopinions; 04-16-04 at 01:27 PM.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

i would personally not want shui ling 2 play as xln... shes already been overused... and i just finished watching loch...
    be weird 2... should be 2 new faces i say...

hey guys, i haven't been following this topic for a while so can u guys update me on new info like cast confirmation and stuff pls?