Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

but zjz said that he's gonna use mainland actor cuz he said that all three of his series and their top actor are from maindland...keep the tradition

Originally posted by alecforever815
    but zjz said that he's gonna use mainland actor cuz he said that all three of his series and their top actor are from maindland...keep the tradition
    But Jimmy Lin was in TLBB, he is from Taiwan. Anyway, I sure hope he uses China Actors. Preferably Huang Xiao Ming ...8-)

only hk and taiwanese actors can act?

this is dumb.. i thought he would pick ppl from mainland.. i have nothing against hk and taiwan actors, it's just that are there no actors in mainland? are they all bad?

if zjz gets a headache over picking actors.. it's not really that hard to pick ppl. he should just go wtih liu yi fei or shui ling. if he is going to pick someone from hk for yang guo, he should pick raymond lam, i think he is the only one that can fit the role. it woudl be so sad if nic tse would play yang guo.

just let xu qing play XLN!!! i think she fits nicely as XLN

We discussed it before, it's not hard to play XLN, since her character is supposed to be very wooden, so not too much expression needed. Any actresses should be able pull it off, including LYF. The problem is I don't think she's graceful enough and I'm not sure how she would execute kungfu moves. Other than that you just need someone who is extremely beautiful, graceful and angel-like. A fresh new face would also do the math.

YG is harder to play since the guy has to be tall, good-looking, playful, cunning, smart but also emotional, basically an unstable brat. Wonder who will play this character ?

What I'm concerned about is GJ, HR (ROCH83 is hard to beat), and other supporting characters.

Additional News, Li Mo Chou will be starred by this actress http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/f/lxq.html

Originally posted by tinac
    [B]Latest news ... I think it's bad news.

Anyway, according to this article, the roles of YG and XLN will definitely be actors from Taiwan/Hong Kong. I don't like this!!!
    me too. Let choose Mainland actor/actress.

ohhh liu xiao qing.. i am confident she will do an excellent job . she used to play Wu Zie Tian and other series,, she is a very versatile actress, can handle diff. roles very well.

only prob. now is who is gonna be yg and xln? i with they would be mainland actors too. why is it hard to choose from mainland actors? there are alot of them...

Originally posted by tinac
    Additional News, Li Mo Chou will be starred by this actress http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/f/lxq.html
    ZJZ denied this news. So, I guess this is just made up news from the media.

zjz was talking about the TOP actor, which is li ya peng...and hu jun...jimmy lin doesn't count. cuz he's not nan yi hao, u know wut i mean? at least hta'ts wut zjz said

I'm not sure how many people here knows about Liu Xiao Qing, but there's basically no way she'll possibly take a supporting role like LMC. Liu Xiao Qing is just too famous and too used to ALWAYS play the lead character for such a role. Also, I heard she had some trouble with tax evasion last year too. Not sure what's going on with that now.

If this news about HK/Taiwan actors is true, I'm going to not watch this series. I already dislike the story of ROCH enough as it is. And there's really no HK/Taiwan actor that I would think is perfect for either leading role. I was actually hoping ZJZ would find someone new and fresh that would make watching the serial worthwhile. But I guess people in mainland would rather see "stars". *Sighs*

Originally posted by Meh
    I'm not sure how many people here knows about Liu Xiao Qing, but there's basically no way she'll possibly take a supporting role like LMC. Liu Xiao Qing is just too famous and too used to ALWAYS play the lead character for such a role. Also, I heard she had some trouble with tax evasion last year too. Not sure what's going on with that now.
    ZJZ denied this, so I don't think she will in the show.

If this news about HK/Taiwan actors is true, I'm going to not watch this series. I already dislike the story of ROCH enough as it is. And there's really no HK/Taiwan actor that I would think is perfect for either leading role. I was actually hoping ZJZ would find someone new and fresh that would make watching the serial worthwhile. But I guess people in mainland would rather see "stars". *Sighs*
    I think this is because the major sponsors for ROCH is from TW and HK, though not very sure.

Default wow

If this news about HK/Taiwan actors is true, I'm going to not watch this series. I already dislike the story of ROCH enough as it is.
    meh, do a lot of people share your feelings about ROCH? I get the feeling that there arn't many fans of this particular story, though I don't know why because I for one absolutely love it.

i acutally don't love roch that much...it's not my least favorite either tho..but i just dun seem to love it as much as some other roch fans, i dunno why..so if the casting is really bad, then i prolly won't watch it either

ZJZ denied this, so I don't think she will in the show.
    I read that. I just wanted to point out that this was a pretty ridiculous claim.

meh, do a lot of people share your feelings about ROCH? I get the feeling that there arn't many fans of this particular story, though I don't know why because I for one absolutely love it.
    ROCH is definitely a very popular story. There just happen to be a lot of critics of it on this site, but it's not a representative of how wuxia fans feel in general. But although I don't like the story, I still felt I would watch this, if only because of the production values and the general great acting that tends to exist in these recent JY adaptations. But it won't be for the story.

good to know Meh, thanks.

Geez...They should just announce that they've already picked me for the role of Yang Guo....why all the commotion?
    I'm currently honing my self-centred, womanising, bastard skills right now. Gotta be an authentic Yang Guo you know
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

roch is a popular story.. but i don't like it. if they are going to pick some hk or taiwan actors in the series. then i am not going to watch it either. just waste my time. i also want to see new faces or actors from mainland. i don't like the story in the first place, but i am a fan of mainland actors and curious about new ones, but they are not pickign mainland actors, so i am def. not going to watch this.

wats the fuss who cares what part of china they r from if they good then use them, really when u think about it hong koing is part of china so why all this ur honky me mainland bs. Ok so far i must say the roch best actors and actresses so far are all hongky so why not use them, actually i would seriously like to see louis koo and carmen make a comeback in the new roch as yg and xln in the new digitally mastered version lol, hu jun can play guo jing his took big lookingh for yg . Li ya peng could play yg but i'm seek of him been the lead in too many jon yong remakes, but i must say he suked hard as guo jing his ling hu coing portyal was better, i srously think for a good gj u need a dumb *** to play it. I wanna see gaop yuan yuan in this, she can be a character i wanna see sui ling as well.

Originally posted by Temujin

What I'm concerned about is GJ, HR (ROCH83 is hard to beat), and other supporting characters.
    Yes, I definitely agree. It is very hard to beat Leung Ka Yan and Au Yeung Pui San in ROCH83.