Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Roles of ROCH has been decided!

Heard that now Lu Yi, Hu Bing and Huang Hai Bing are also contenders for the YG role ....hm, does that mean NY and HXM are out??

Originally posted by tinac
    Heard that now Lu Yi, Hu Bing and Huang Hai Bing are also contenders for the YG role ....hm, does that mean NY and HXM are out??
    No, it doesn't. It just means that YG doesn't have to be either NY or HXM... =/ I hope they pick well...

Also, apparently there are at least 60 actresses trying out for XLN. Some are even famous actresses, like Barbie Hsu, Sun Li, Li XiaoRan! So XLN might not be LYF. Who knows? Maybe Shui Ling is among those 60 actresses...
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

You can also check out more news at Article
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

wuts the name of the actress who's playing guo xiang?

Originally posted by alecforever815
    wuts the name of the actress who's playing guo xiang?
    Yang Mi? I'm not sure if it's right, but that's what I got from right-clicking on one of her pictures.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

LYF looks like a babe. so please no way. dont ruin it anymore aghh!

y don't they bloody use gao yuan yuan, she was da bomb in hsds

lol.... gao yuan yuan is really a bad actor.... and i dont find her fit the role of xln very well... omg not barbara hell no...

i'll take her over liu yi fei for xln anyday mate.

I want Liu Yi Fei to be XLN just to continue the tradition of using the same actress to play XLN and WYY.

Ida Chan played both XLN and WYY in the 80's adaptations of ROCH and DGSD while Carmen Lee played XLN and WYY in the 90's adaptations of the stories.

both idy n carmen can act!
    back w/ a vengeance ^_^

Hi guys I'm newbie here this is my first post.

Anyway here is what I think about the casting, I don't like Shui Ling to be XLN because like many here I feel like its kind of wierd to have her play XLN since she played MNC in LOCH03. I know that many of you has argue that many actors take on different roles and that Idy played HR and XLN, the different is with Idy she was in two different productions, she played XLN in the HK TVB production and HR in a Taiwan production. For this is different its the same production and its a continuation from LOCH03, a lot of the original cast from LOCH03 is back it will be kind of wierd to have Shui Ling back to play XLN, I don't know why ppl don't get that? To me it is just really wierd! I also don't think LYF fit the role of XLN either, for one she is too young and she look young. I know that XLN is 18 when she first met YG but she mature through out the story even though she suppose to look young I don't think she meant to look that young! And why should LYF get play XLN just to continue some stupid tradition set by TVB! I think it will be nice to see a new actress in the role of XLN, actually I think that the girl that is playing GX has the perfect look to play XLN, she has that sweet innocent look which is more suited to play XLN rather then GX who I think should have a more of a cunning and cute look like HR.

As for HXM as YG I have no problem with that coz I think he kind of look like Louise Koo, but I do hope they have better costume for YG for the actual production instead of those from the screen test! As for the other guy(can't remember his name) he looks a bit too wierd with those ears and he is not that good looking.

Actually ZJZ wants to find an actress like LFY (not acting though) becuase she has the look that JY himself praise that would suit his novel. According to the novel, XLN seem ageless even after YG and XLN departed for 16 years--YG had aged while XLN looked as she did before like a 16 or 17 year old.

However, there are many people out for XLN's role (over 60 auditioned but as of July narrowed down by half already). ZJZ wants someone that looks like LFY but with a better acting ability. For Shui Ling, I don't know if she auditioned but ZJZ did announced back when rumours were flying that Shui Ling would not be a possible candidate because XLN was a beauty--goddess, since it is a continuation of LOCH03 having Shui Ling play XLN would degrage the character because she also played a beauty in LOCh but not comparable to XLN.

For YG, many many people auditioned with many stars other than NY and HXM--many newbies too. Right now no news yet on any cuts but ZJZ did hold extra auditions because he felt that NY lacked acting ability for showing different emotions in quick instances also looks, while HXM seemed to lack the carefree and playful side of YG. If anyone has more news, please do post because these news are of July 2.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

They have entered into the second round of auditions.

Hu Ge (main character in Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan) and Tong Da Wei (acted in tv serial Yu Guan Ying) are candidates for YG.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-05-11/U92P28T3D387384F326DT20040511195701.jpg')
    Hu Ge

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/f/tongdw/U105P28T17D1953F229DT20040519101118.jpg')
    Tong Da Wei

As for XLN, they are auditioning slightly older females as to emphasize the age difference between XLN and YG.

Entire article (in Chinese):
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/2004-07-06/0156435488.html

Hong Ling Bo will be played by Wang Jia Zhu.

Jin Lun Fa Wang (Gold Wheel Monk) will be played by Ji Chun Hua (the guy who played Duan Yan Qing in TLBB/DGSD 2003).

And they're trying to get Meng Guang Mei for Li Mo Chou.

Entire article (in Chinese):
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/2004-07-06/1124435947.html
    Last edited by hopelessxianzi; 07-06-04 at 03:01 PM.
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

Hey, I read online that there was a height requirement for YG (5'10") but was later dropped because 75% of people who tried out didn't make the height requirements.

An older XLN?---that sux cause she's not suppose to look older than YG according to the novel---after several years with XLN in the tomb, YG looked the same age as XLN, when they left the tomb he looked older than her (by novel)

Fingers crossed that ZJZ won't choose too old of an actress cause it will ruin the story.

The two actors up there DO NOT LOOK LIKE YG especially the latter one.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Even though I like Tong Da Wei a lot, I have never had him as YG. He fits more modern role, or Huang Di from Young Bao Zheng series.

HAHA.. Tong Dai Wei earned his fame through recently noticed series "Hu Di Fei Fei" Anyways.. Thanks for the article translation. When i read that last night.. i went.. WTH..

Originally posted by Yon
    I have never had him as YG.
    Yonny, what do you mean 'I have never had him' ?

Oops.. one word was missing.

I have never had imagined him as YG. You love my wordings.. don't ya?

That dude in the first pic looks alright as YG, but the second dude look totally wrong for the role, with those small eyes. Maybe it will fit well with the continuation of LOCH03 I mean YK was not good looking in that. LOL!! An older looking XLN? well as long as she not in her 30s, I think I can except that, I have always picture her looking quite mature anyway, maybe because of the personality. I wonder if they going to get a young kid to play YG for when they first met, like they did with ROCH85, insead of using the older actor. Coz he meant to be 13 when he first meets XLN, think it is better to use an younger actor for that part.

I am still crossing my fingers for HXM.

Anyway, since this is a ZJZ's production, I think they will definitely get a kid to play the younger YG. That's what they did with LOCH ... and it was fantastic.