Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

I am not making any suggestion, I always feel that it is the translator's right to choose wordings of his like, many words can translate in many ways and some will always like another way of translation, and the translator do not need to listen to or respond to these.

The only time I have a suggestion was to the name of two shi girls, and I said here again it is the translator's baby and should go any way he want to.

Quote Originally Posted by akolaw View Post
    I am not making any suggestion, I always feel that it is the translator's right to choose wordings of his like, many words can translate in many ways and some will always like another way of translation, and the translator do not need to listen to or respond to these.

The only time I have a suggestion was to the name of two shi girls, and I said here again it is the translator's baby and should go any way he want to.
    What a wisdom!
    akolaw, to achieve such wisdom, must one cultivate silent meditation like you and Liao Kong?
    Last edited by wangxiaohu; 10-30-16 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Nah, I also would not attempt at suggesting another term for that two characters. It would fall short. Just sharing insights as to what the term may invoke. Thks for another chapter, foxs.

meditation is always good.

the lanterns practically outlining the contours > outlined
    foundation came from Taoist > come
    heroic aura covered the sky > covering
    ol Ba admire it very much > admires
    as numerous as the cloud > clouds
    want Qu Ao, Tulis crafty scheme prevails > to prevail
    Ziling had already woke up > waken
    at the Tianjian Bridge spanning > Tianjin
    thinking about his encountered with Shi > encounter
    the end of the chair hanging from his neck > chain

Pretty amazed how all the heroes filed in one after another that one night. Did they all schedule slots among themselves? You take the chicken hours, they take the dog hours, and we'll take pig...

It's actually better if keen readers join SPCNET, because members have privilege to use the "Search Thread" function, similar to this screenshot :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SOi8_qkAyHE/hqdefault.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, thanks for the reminder. This is why we need the index and cross-reference. ;p
    Really, "index and cross-reference" are best done when the whole novel is translated.
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 10-31-16 at 03:33 PM.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs.

XZL's heart is stirring now. Oh he's so falling for SFX!

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    the lanterns practically outlining the contours > outlined
    foundation came from Taoist > come
    heroic aura covered the sky > covering
    ol Ba admire it very much > admires
    as numerous as the cloud > clouds
    want Qu Ao, Tulis crafty scheme prevails > to prevail
    Ziling had already woke up > waken
    at the Tianjian Bridge spanning > Tianjin
    thinking about his encountered with Shi > encounter
    the end of the chair hanging from his neck > chain

Pretty amazed how all the heroes filed in one after another that one night. Did they all schedule slots among themselves? You take the chicken hours, they take the dog hours, and we'll take pig...
    Thank you, Wang Tong.

Default Book 15 Chapter 4 - Part 2

Ysabel, HPC, Lao Qianbei, you are welcome. Akolaw, DongBin, if you can come up with better English term, why not? I know that I still reserve the right either to use it or not. Xiaohu, I dont understand, why must Akolaw cultivate the silent one? Kowloon, thanks. Xu Xiong, I was hoping I could use it too oh well Sky, what about Shen Luoyan? She would be heartbroken.

Kou Zhong told him about Zhai Jiao looking for him last night, and then he said, Li Mis days must be numbered, hence the reason Zhai Jiao, which is his unexpected archenemy, emerged. Zhai Jiao has a subordinate named Xuan Yong, absolutely a talent.

Xu Ziling nodded, Killing Zhai Rang was Li Mis grave mistake. If it were you, Zhong Shao, youd have put Zhai Rang on pedestal, let him have a false reputation, while the real power is in your hands. By the time you really obtain the world, you would ask Zhai Rang to abdicate, then it would not appear as if there is a big gap to cover. And now how are you going to take advantage of it?

Having a plan up in his sleeve, Kou Zhong replied, Know yourself and know your enemy, and you will never be defeated. I have already made arrangement with Zhai Jiao, she will supply me with intelligence data on Li Mis activities. Humph! This time I am going to have Li Mis highest intelligence capability and hidden troops in my disposal. As long as he fell into my luring-the-enemy strategy, this world will be out of his reach.

Frowning, Xu Ziling said, If because of this Wang Shichong grew big, wouldnt that bring you no good at all?

Kou Zhong laughed and said, That happens to be the most exciting point. Right now everybody thinks that Wang Shichong cannot beat Li Mi, hence the reason Dugu Feng dared to publicly stand against him. Better yet, even Wang Shichong himself has no confidence, hence he secretly established friendly relations with Li Yuan so that together they might fight Li Mi. This is the reason that Li Shimin kid dared to come to Luoyang to flaunt his might and glorious martial power. Ha! But once Wang Shichong inflicted big damage on Li Mi, this Wang Li alliance will collapse. At that time, the only thing Wang Shichong could do would be blocking Li kid; he would not let him prevail. Then we can carry the treasure back to the south and retrieve Jingling back from Ol Dies hands. At that time we can go to the north or the south, the world will be mine, Kou Zhongs!

With a rueful smile Xu Ziling said, Actually, what you have here is just a wishful thinking. And dont forget that we basically dont know where the Duke Yang Treasure is.

Disappointed, Kou Zhong said, There are a lot of things that wont happen like if we think about it in details, we will accomplish it. The so-called success is heavens responsibility, for us the mortals, other than doing our utmost, what else can we do?

Changing the topic, he said, I am going to see Wang Shichong later today; do you two have any plan?

Lowering his voice, Xu Ziling said, Today no matter what I am going to stay close to Old Ba, because there is great chance that Tuli will choose the moment he is left alone to make his move.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, You seem to forget that we are their big foe for killing Qu Aos son. Last night he did not come looking for revenge, he had me scratching my head.

Staring into the boundless drizzle hiding the sky and covering the earth, the water droplets blown by the wind floating down to the ground, Xu Ziling slyly said, Your memory is really bad. Fu Qian and Qu Ao are going to decide male and female at Man Qing Yuan tonight. This battle relates to Qu Aos lifetime honor and disgrace and Tielie peoples reputation, so Qu Ao must preserve and nurture his spirit, everything else must be cast aside to deal with tonights duel.

Nodding, Kou Zhong said, What you said makes a lot of sense. Only I dont know hows Tulis temperament? I hear that he and Li kid have a very good friendship. Quite possibly Li kid will lend him a helping hand.

Heaving a deep sigh, Xu Ziling said, I dont know whether it was because we have always had good relationship with Li Shimin that unconsciously we always underestimate his formidability. The fact is that after raising his troops at Taiyuan, he always triumphed in every battle. Without any shocking-the-heaven method, I dont know how he accomplished it. Supposing he is certain that the Jade Annulus of He Clan is in our hands, maybe hell deal with us using thunderbolt means.

Kou Zhong dismissively said, Whod dare to be certain that the Jade Annulus of He Clan was stolen by us? At least Wang Bo, that old kid, would believe us.

Xu Zilings countenance dropped; he coldly said, Li Jing ought to believe that we stole it. Because he had seen my appearance after I put on the mask; therefore, he knew that I have the ability to change my appearance for other purposes.

Kou Zhongs eyes flashed with cold rays; he said, Therefore, if Li Shimin pursues us to demand the Jade Annulus of He Clan from us, that means Li Jing has forgotten the old friendships and betrayed us. In that case, we wont have any brotherhood love to speak about with him.

Xu Ziling sighed. He said, Although Li Jing turned his back on Su Jie, he is not a man who would sell his friends for glory; I might be worrying in vain. But Shi Feixuan once pointed out that martial art masters under Li kid are as numerous as the cloud, plus he has established such a heavenly-policy government. Therefore, we must not ignore him lightly.

Kou Zhong stared blankly for half a day. Suddenly he said, Do you think nobody knew we are hiding in here?

After pondering for a moment, Xu Ziling replied confidently, I am sure nobody does. After absorbing the special power of the Jade Annulus of He Clan, the most prominent advancement is in the raising of qi in lightness skill aspect; taking a breath while being high up in the sky is as easy as a hands turn. In this case, even though it was Ning Daoqi who followed our track, it would not be that easy.

Kou Zhong was suddenly shaken, We are so stupid, he said, Why didnt we exploit this strong point? If we can bring out this strong point as much as we like, even if the enemy has many men, great force, they wont be able to hem us in.

Xu Zilings tiger-eyes lit up; they were glistening brightly, but he did not say anything.

Ba Fenghan voice was suddenly heard, Two Xiongdi, are you interested in going to Dongjia Restaurant for a cup of hot tea?

※ ※ ※

House of Dong [Dong Family] Restaurant was crowded and noisy. The three sat around a table on the corner, they all had a from hell and back feeling.

After the waiters delivered fragrant tea, cups and chopsticks, Kou Zhong pricked his ears to listen carefully; he laughed and said, Out of ten tables, eight are talking about what happened last night; the martial law was definitely issued by Wang Shichong. I dont know what malicious intention this guy is harboring, he seemed to resent that our enemies did not have enough convenience.

Ba Fenghan was silent without saying anything, he seemed to hear without listening.

Ever since he woke up this morning, he seemed to be full of thoughts, but did not want to talk about it.

Knowing his temperament, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling did not dare to provoke him.

Lowering his voice, Xu Ziling said, I am guessing one possibility that might explain why Wang Shichong did what he did.

This moment the waiter came with some pastries. After he left, Kou Zhong leaned over and said, Tell me quickly!

Xu Ziling sighed and replied, Wang Shichong may do so upon Li kids request.

Severely shaken, Kou Zhong said, In that case, wouldnt that mean Li Jing really betrayed us?

It was indeed the most logical inference.

Li Shimin was definitely not someone who is particular about friendship, only after knowing for sure that they wrecked his good relationship with Shi Feixuan, he might initiate drastic action to deal with them.

Moreover, looking at major forces around Luoyang nowadays, only Li Shimin had the capability to move Wang Shichong, because presently Wang Shichong did not wish to offend the Li Clan, no matter what; otherwise, he would be caught up in the vile situation of facing enemies on the east and the west.

Perhaps because Li Shimin still remembered old friendship he did not want to openly confront them, but it was quite understandable if he made the arrangement on behalf of Shi Feixuan, to let her have a free hand in dealing with the three.

Xu Ziling sighed and said, This is just a guess; I hope the actual situation is not like that!

Ba Fenghan suddenly spoke up, Kou Zhong, when you see Wang Shichong later, it wont hurt if you just ask him bluntly, see how he answers it.

His face darkened, Kou Zhong stood up and spoke in heavy voice, In this world, other than you, I wont trust anybody easily anymore.

Finished speaking, he left, full of joy and expectations.

※ ※ ※

As soon as Kou Zhongs shadow disappeared outside the restaurants main door, Ba Fenghan spoke indifferently, Today well do our separate business: you are responsible to scout Yin Gui Pai peoples activity, I am going to see Shan Wanjing.

Stunned, Xu Ziling said, How am I going to do that?

Ba Fenghan replied, Yin Gui Pai must have a secret nest in here, and thats where Shangguan Long is hiding to recuperate. To investigate that, there are two indirect ways. Because Yin Gui Pai always have more yin than yang, and plus most of them are beautiful women, and women by nature love beauty, if you pay attention to several stores along the Heavenly Street that are well-known as specializing in cosmetics and perfumes, you may obtain unexpected gain.

Xu Ziling nodded and said, That is indeed a wonderful idea! And what is the other one?

Ba Fenghan said, Although Zhu Yuyan have the capacity to treat the internal injury in Shangguan Longs meridians, but afterwards, to regulate and make up for it, they cant avoid drawing support from primary medication to restore his original strength. Therefore, as long as you pick the most upscale herbal medicine shop and guard a tree-stump, waiting for rabbits [idiom, meaning waiting idly for opportunities], you might see someone suspicious.

Since I have nothing to do anyway, I might as well try my luck by doing what Fenghan Xiong said, Xu Ziling glibly said.

And then his scimitar-shaped eyebrows lightly knitted in confusion, But didnt you just have a fallout with Princess Dong Ming? he asked, Why are you seeing her again?

A complicated expression flashed through Ba Fenghans eyes; he replied in low voice, Ill tell you after I see her! Im off!

Xu Ziling did not answer him, but inwardly he knew that the one Ba Fenghan wanted to see was not Shan Wanjing, but the old flame who came with Tuli to the Central Plains, the one with whom his gratitude and grudges were tangled up.

It was an extremely dangerous thing to do, how was he going to handle it?

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

thanks foxs!

Thanks, foxs.

Foxs, sadly I've already accepted that XZL will never love SLY! I'm not a fan of SFX either. Hopefully there will be more choices for him in the future.

BFH is so smart! I can't wait to see how he's going to handle his ex flame. Thx foxs!

Readership participation, most members are anonymous... So, asking about characters and events should be naturally carefree for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, I was hoping I could use it too oh well
    You're better placed to search the text, SPCNET's search results in broader results. But let's just take-it-in-our-strides, if it's an active curious Forum, fine. If no one asks or comments about plots and personnel, fine. Story unfolds, steadily, all-the-same
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs.

Caught up. Thanks foxs.

Default Book 15 Chapter 5 - Part 1

Ysabel, HPC, Kink, Jaya, Lao Qianbei, Chua, you are welcome. Sky, my only problem with Shen Luoyan is: Xu Ziling, I love you, but I want you dead, because your existence is a threat to my boss. Xu Xiong, I have the source document, so I dont have any problem with the search. Its just that if we have the index handy, I dont need to search different books. Thats all.

Book 15 Chapter 5 Misty Rain

Kou Zhong had just stepped out of the House of Dong Restaurants main door when a carriage arrived; the driver saluted and said, Kou YeYe, please get in the carriage.

The voice sounded familiar; as Kou Zhong looked up in surprise, turned out the driver was the Deputy Gang Leader of Jukun Bang, Bu Tianzhi, an old acquaintance.

He was well aware of who was inside the carriage, but recalling that Beautiful Shifu Yun Yuzhen was Dugu Ces girlfriend, this womans position was dubious. Thereupon he took one step closer to the window, with its screen hung low, and knocked three times and said with a laugh, Shifu, would you let Xiaotu [small/lowly disciple] take a look at Seniors flowery countenance to comfort the pain of my yearning heart?

The corner of the screen rose up, revealing Yun Yuzhens delighted and angry jade countenance. Her jet-black eyebrows slightly knitted, she pouted playfully, You, this low-grade disciple who loves to defy his superior, why havent you jumped in? Do you want Shifu to expel you from my school?

Putting on an act as if he was extremely terrified, Kou Zhong stole a glance inside, and after making sure that there was no one else in the carriage, he pushed the door and got inside the compartment.

He barely closed the door, not even seated properly yet, Yun Yuzhen already threw herself in his bosom.

The gentle, fragrant scent assaulted his nostrils, Kou Zhong struggled to sit down on the seat and immediately looked down to look for her fragrant lips.

The carriage started to move.

After the extremely dangerous, intense situation of last night, his heart was moved by this romantic situation.

By the time Kou Zhongs mouth left her lips, this Gang Leader of a big gang was panting, her face turned fiery red.

Smiling, Kou Zhong asked, When did Beautiful Shifu arrive? Why didnt you send word, so that Xiaotu could act as the host?

Burying her pretty face in his chest, her starry eyes were half closed as she spoke crossly, Are you Luoyangs landlord?

Laughing involuntarily, Kou Zhong said, Just that restaurant, the House of Dong. Why did you stay outside and did not come in? Didnt you know that your other disciple was inside, drinking wine?

Yun Yuzhen struggled to free her tender, charming and soft body from his embrace; looking up, she cast him a glance, and then pressed her jade cheek back onto his chest. Wrapping her arms around his sturdy back and waist, she spoke tenderly, I just arrived yesterday; you dont know how difficult it was to find you!

Kou Zhong looked out from behind the screen.

On the street, pedestrians, horses and carriages braved the rain, coming and going in a hurry; looked like it was going to be another busy day.

Kou Zhong asked casually, Beautiful Shifu, where are you staying? Has Su Jies baby born yet?

Yun Yuzhen happily replied, Your Su Jie and Yushans baby is fair-skinned and chubby; he is very active and cute.

Kou Zhong was greatly delighted, In that case I really have to thank the Heaven and thank the Earth! he said, Hey! Let me go back and tell Xiao Ling!

Displeased, Yun Yuzhen said, Theres no rush, it wont be too late to tell him later. I have something important to discuss with you.

Kou Zhong took another glance outside. Frowning, he said, Tell me where we are going first.

Unconcerned, Yun Yuzhen replied, Are you afraid I might kidnap and sell you?

Giggling, Kou Zhong replied, Of course I am; very much. Currently I, Kou Zhong, worth a few pennies.

Sneering, Yun Yuzhen said, Kou Ye, your value nowadays has risen dramatically; you worth far more than a few pennies. Ay! Cant you seriously listen to Yuzhen for a moment?

Hearing her soft, beseeching words, Kou Zhong smiled ruefully and said, As long as you dont ask me to surrender to Dugu Ce, that stinky kid, other matters can be discussed slowly.

Yun Yuzhens tender body suddenly bolted up from his lap; she spoke angrily, Where do you think you are going? My, Yun Yuzhens real feeling toward you, you, this ungrateful man, still do not believe it?

How could Kou Zhong believe her that easily? However, on the surface he smiled apologetically and said, Beautiful Shifu, please calm down, I was just joking. Ha! You have not answered my question: where does the horse pull this carriage to?

Yun Yuzhen went from anger to happiness; she said, Seeing that you still know how to sweet-talk people, Ill let you off this time! But just this once.

After meeting Kou Zhongs expectant eyes, Yun Yuzhen revealed a deeply meaningful smile, leaned over and whispered in his ear, I am taking you to see someone.

Kou Zhong was stunned.

※ ※ ※

Xu Ziling slipped quietly into an alley. Raising his qi, he unleashed his qinggong, like an arrow he sprinted over approximately ten zhang distance; suddenly taking a breath, unexpectedly he changed direction just like that, and leaped over a tall wall on his left. After passing nobody knows how many backyards drenched in the endless rain, he leaped out of the wall on the other side of a courtyard, jumped over buildings and passed through several roofs, and finally turned back into the Heavenly Street from a small alley.

Flashing into a ready-made clothing store, with the fastest speed possible he bought a hat and an outer robe. And then by the time he was back into the Heavenly Street and walked long the Luo River, he had become an old man with stooping back, who, unable to bear the beating rain and blowing wind, had the hat pushed low toward his eyes.

Ba Fenghan was still more than ten zhang ahead, walking briskly; he did not seem to notice, nor was he interested in finding out, whether someone was following him.

That was, quite naturally, not the case.

Xu Ziling and Kou Zhong were still inferior to Ba Fenghan.

Ba Fenghan was looking for his prey.

Tulis target was Ba Fenghan; surely he would dispatch his men to closely watch Ba Fenghan. It would be quite likely that as soon as Ba Fenghan was alone, Tuli would personally seize the opportunity to make his move.

Ba Fenghans false statement that he was going to see Shan Wanjing was just a ruse to get Xu Ziling off his back, so that the people who hated him would be lured out.

Ba Fenghan suddenly turned to the west, wandering along the Luo River under the wind and the rain; his majestic figure looked proud, but alone.

On this segment of the street, other than the trees on either side, there was nothing protecting the passers-by from the rain, hence there were very few pedestrians, only horses and carriages passing by.

Xu Ziling was not afraid Ba Fenghan might detect his presence; rather, he was afraid the people following Ba Fenghan might detect his presence.

Sweeping his gaze around, an idea popped up in his heart; hastily he jumped down the dike, and climbed into an unmanned small boat moored to the riverside. An easy drive on a familiar path; he sailed west along the river, shadowing Ba Fenghan, who was walking alone, from a distance.

In the boundless drizzle, the buildings along the river loomed high on his left and right; ships and boats were moored on the piers along the river. Xu Ziling was suddenly overwhelmed by snapping-the-soul, depressing feeling.

One Secret to Long Life book has completely changed his and Kou Zhongs fate.

If he could go back in time, would he snatch that thing away for himself?

He really did not know!

If it were the time of peace and prosperity, they could not possibly meet Susu, Li Jing, and the others, so much so that they were now in the difficult situation where it was difficult to distinguish gratitude and grudges. Sister-in-law Zhen would still sell meat buns on the street of Yangzhou, rather than her whereabouts was unknown.

And then the lucid and elegant jade countenance of Shi Feixuan appeared in his mind!

Was her injury serious?

After she recovered, would she look for him to settle their account?

Heaving a deep sigh, the small boat has entered the gate of the famous Luoyangs Western Park.

※ ※ ※

Frowning, Kou Zhong asked, Who do you want me to see?

Dodging his question, Yun Yuzhen laughed and said, After the City of Jingling fell, you and Ziling, two guys, slipped away safe and sound, while leaving such a huge mess behind. And then you came to Luoyang stirring up the wind and the rain through the town, so that everybody wanted to beat the hell out of you, two boys.

Kou Zhong laughed and said, Your Big Boss Xiao ought to thank me. Although in the Battle of Jingling I lost the city, but Ol Die only got a tragic victory; otherwise his Jianghuai Army today would have been moving to the Eastern Capital, and then how could you and I have some intimate time inside the carriage like this?

Yun Yuzhens pretty eyes blushed slightly; casting a sidelong glance at him, she said, Do you or do you not want to listen to me?

Kou Zhong has not heard any news pertaining to Du Fuwei for a long time; he would be lying if he said that he did not care about Shang Xiuxun and those officers and soldiers who have fought alongside him, who have escaped from Jingling.

Thereupon, suppressing his anger, he spoke in low voice, Beautiful Shifu, please continue.

Yun Yuzhen appeared to be a bit unable to restrain her emotion; falling into his arms again, she spoke dreamily, When I first met you, you were still ignorant kids whose smell of mothers milk has not yet dried. Who would have thought in merely a few years you became influential figures who, opening up your hand you create the cloud, closing in your hand you create the rain.

After a short pause, she continued slyly, Although Du Fuwei gained victory, it was definitely a defeat; what he obtained was just an empty city, making him temporarily unable to move north, and had to change his plan into attacking the southeast.

Kou Zhong asked impatiently, Hows the situation between the Flying Horse Ranch and the Four Big Bandits? Ah! I should have said Three Big Bandits, because the one called something like scorched rice for a thousand bowls Mao Zao was killed by Xiao Ling.