Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

foxs, thanks for your works !!!
    I send you a PM ....

I really do not understand what that guy something-Zhong-something (I do not know chinese) wants except bla-bla-bla (some in chinese).
    If I know Chinese I will read this story in Chinese for sure. The fact is I do NOT know Chinese, so i rely on translators (like foxs) to read this story.

regtards

Your signing-off portmanteau is sublime. Don't change a thing, true Chinese might dilute your being.

Quote Originally Posted by liemkh2k View Post
    If I know Chinese I will read this story in Chinese for sure. The fact is I do NOT know Chinese, so i rely on translators (like foxs) to read this story.

regtards
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Quote Originally Posted by 徐中銳 View Post
    Especially to non-members of SPCNET, here's a good reason to Register, there's a feature called Ignore List

You can use it, for example, to ignore my Posts
    Check the date, I had "spread the knowledge" on 02-26-16.

Quote Originally Posted by bchin22 View Post
    To discover an ideal is one thing, but to spread the knowledge is another.

Thanks Brother Wang
    亡羊補牢。
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs for all the hardwork translating this! I have sent you a pm as well.

I feel like I'm periodically impeded by a persistent proselytizer at the entrance of my favorite restaurant, which dampens my experience. Hate to see the chef leave because restaurant cannot refuse service. The deterrent has good intentions I'm sure but I just want to eat in peace.

Sent a PM. Thanks Foxs for your hard work on this translation

I accept your gilded challenge. So, this dining analogysay, whose champagne are his customers drinking ?

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    I feel like I'm periodically impeded by a persistent proselytizer at the entrance of my favorite restaurant, which dampens my experience. Hate to see the chef leave because restaurant cannot refuse service. The deterrent has good intentions I'm sure but I just want to eat in peace.

The usage of the word Champagne legally and illegally.
    A Tweet back in 2013 from the official Champagne Twitter account told us:
    Champagne is neither a colour, nor anything else than the name of wines from Champagne
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E12AQE3SVrAc8GnuA/article-inline_image-shrink_400_744/0?e=2121847200&v=alpha&t=Sqv33ZupwG7nJlsoryK0BXJsH NSvhPs3Lc1MF3guAEY')
    and this is a topic that keeps many people interested and debating, both for and against I thought I would take a brief look in to the subject of Champagne and how we should be using the word.

Best way to sum up would be to say that "a Prosecco is not a Champagne in a way that a Casio is not a Rolex Champagne is a brand itself just as much as BurgerKing or Manchester United is, companies have a duty to protect their name from being abused or copied".
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 04-02-18 at 01:24 AM.

I hope you continue here foxs. I enjoy the exchanges of opinions and views. We may disagree, probe and prod to put forward our views but after the translator has made his choice, we move on. No malicious intention except the desire to raise the quality of the translation. I doubt your post is the result of the mudra topic as we have more than a decade of acquaintance through this forum. We have pm.ed on this before. Still the same advice.

I'm off for two weeks traveling. Hope everything will be resolved favorably soon. Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by Lance23 View Post
    Dont want to start debates. deathless can be another translation of busi even Undying works. Some words have so many different synonyms, but with slight variation in meaningit can be hard to translate. We have to cut fixs some slack too.
    Agree with you. Some terms are hard to translate with a few words in English. There is a Undying Hex as translated by Deathblade in A Will Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance23 View Post
    We can offer suggestions as stated before. Its still up to foxs to decide to take up the suggestion or not. I do believe seal is the more appropiate translation for the skill and the hand seals in the prior chapter. I guess we can provide examples as when the mudra explanation was given to signify it is seal. Without spoiling the story.
    Agree. Sorry for delayed response but have been busy of late.

I doubt your post is the result of the mudra topic

(Akolaw, please dont worry, I will somehow incorporate this mudra thingy into the text).

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    I just realized that you can also click on my username, a sub-menu will appear, one of them is 'Private Messages'.

I also forgot to mention that the next part is ready to be posted, I just want to sort this problem first. Thank you for your patience.
    Foxs, I am not sure if I send the pm correctly. But I sent the "visitor message" instead of private message. I can't find the submenu of private message.. 😅... note: Im using android mobile, not pc desktop. Thanks

Thanks, foxs.

I have replied to your message. Hope you received it.

I'm also using my mobile, I think there are differences in the options or short-cut menus/buttons available.

Tks foxs, I have also sent a PM to you, I think I did it right.

I've quickly searched for it just now. Here's 2 approximations, however, both only 1st half of poem :
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/123208-chen-xiang
    https://zephyrblossom.wordpress.com/2013/10/01

*Note: To understand this poem, you must understand the background story. While traveling to Bingzhou in 1205 AD, the poet met a hunter who told him an extraordinary story. One morning, while hunting, the hunter netted two wild geese. He killed one, but the other escaped the net. Surprisingly, the wild goose that escaped did not fly away. Instead, he stayed to mourn the loss of his mate, and later flew up high to crash to the ground, killing himself. The hunters story touched the poets heart and inspired him to write this poem.

Yes, poem was featured in 神鵰俠侶。And, no, 情's vaster than

Let's be constructive, SPCNET is after all a community,「多情公子」can be approximated closer to what ?

For example, Passionate Prince is not an accurate translation, but it sounds better than son of an official/son of nobility with a lot of love/passion; you see what I mean?
    Break it into 2 parts, 多情 & 公子。

Myself, the Chinese 情 isn't as simple as "love/passion" because of I remember the following famous 13th century poem titled 摸魚兒, by 元好問:
    問世間,情是何物?直教生死相許。
    天南地北雙飛客,老翅幾回寒暑。
    歡樂趣,離別苦,就中更有痴兒女。
    君應有語,渺萬里層雲,
    千山暮雪,隻影向誰去!

橫汾路,寂寞當年簫鼓,
    荒煙依舊平楚。
    招魂楚些何嗟及,山鬼暗啼風雨。
    天也妒,未信與,鶯兒燕子俱黃土。
    千秋萬古,為留待騷人,
    狂歌痛飲,來訪雁丘處。

Anyone can link a notably accurate translation of it ?

Default Book 25 Chapter 3

Xiaohu, bchin, I do wish that button really exists; I tried to look for it but could not find it. Where is it? Kowloon, and I just want to translate in peace. So we are on the same page. DongBi, mudra was just an example, not the real reason.

Believe me, if I dont have to move out of spcnet, that would be best, but unfortunately we cannot reason with shameless people. I am still working on the logistic; in the meantime, I sent Book 25 Chapter 3 in MS-Word format to your email. If you did not receive it, please let me know. I received several pm expressing your support but without email address, and I dont want to assume, or perhaps I mistyped your address.

Thanks Fox for the updates in my emails.

Hey Foxs! It's very simpl--click on the name of the dirtbag you want to ignore. Then you click on "View Profile."

You will see on the left side, the following options:
    Add as Friend
    Add to Ignore List

Presto! No more angry dogs at the restaurant!

Btw, thank you so much for emailing me the update!

Xiaohu, bchin, I do wish that button really exists; I tried to look for it but could not find it. Where is it? Kowloon, and I just want to translate in peace. So we are on the same page. DongBi, mudra was just an example, not the real reason.

Believe me, if I dont have to move out of spcnet, that would be best, but unfortunately we cannot reason with shameless people. I am still working on the logistic; in the meantime, I sent Book 25 Chapter 3 in MS-Word format to your email. If you did not receive it, please let me know. I received several pm expressing your support but without email address, and I dont want to assume, or perhaps I mistyped your address.

I'll give it a few days and definitely get back to you on painting yourself a saint and martyr"without shame."

Believe me, if I dont have to move out of spcnet, that would be best, but unfortunately we cannot reason with shameless people.

I'll give it a few days and definitely get back to you on painting yourself a saint and martyr"without shame."
    NOW YOU REALLY PISS ME OFF.
    SHUT YOUR ****ING MOUTH YOU MISERABLE OLD FOOL
    WE JUST WANT TO READ HERE AND WE DON'T NEED YOU
    GET LOST MOTHER****ER