Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticon View Post
    "beauty that can fell a country"?
    As like proverbial Helen of Troy ? Sure, I've met, and continue to chance across many beautiful ladies who may...

But the thing is that I should protect my private friends (and their friends) from being unnecessarily exposed (without consent).

Out of present-day-public-eye celebrities (Asians or not), who do you believe are gorgeous ? Name yours, I'll double-think mine before next Posting.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks Foxs.

Thank foxs

Thanks fox. Well, I'm positive anyone who follows your translation as closely as I have will definitely know who you favor.

Time for KZ to win over the beauty and the horses!

Helen of Troy literally launched a thousand ships and caused the destruction of Troy If anyone of your friends fit into the category and I can meet her, I'll be like Ba Feng Han and die without regrets In Chinese history, there were 4 known beauties, one of which was funnily responsible for the decline of the Tang Dynasty, and therefore fit the definition of a beauty that fell a nation.

In the latest rumor, apparently Xi Jinping has a paramour whose existence was going to be revealed by a bunch of Hong Kong publishers who were then promptly "arrested", so perhaps there's one in the current era that will cause the downfall of the Chinese Communist Party?

Celebrities who I think are gorgeous:
    Western: Anna Kendrick. Most Western celebrities just look old.
    Chinese: Yang Mi, Zhang Xinyi, Dong Liya.

Here's the problem though. Both Yang Mi and Zhang Xinyi are products of plastic surgery and who knows about the other two, also you can't tell how they look without makeup. But gorgeous as they are, they are not fairies. They are just ... gorgeous.

Well, Helen's thousand ships are due the Oath of Tyndareus.

I was teasing you a little, what I had in mind regarding beauty that can fell a country is that potentially any woman can be the love of a sovereign (usually a man ?) and cause his downfall along with...

And we all age. For example, I'll always think Nora Miao 苗可秀 as an exceptional beauty :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://avistaz.to/images/photos/c/6/p/c6p3z55zl9hm.jpg')

This is NM now :

Of Europeans, Sylvie Guillem during 1990s :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KOdVWrz7gbs/T5KfFx__uQI/AAAAAAAAARk/TTONL3hoCPo/s1600/tumblr_lz73plHCiG1qh85peo1_500.jpg')

With me, I prefer ladies who can dance. You know, it's a pity some pretty faces can't even walk with charm nor grace.

Oh, my friends... Surely, we all have good-looking friends ? And nowadays attention I need to be careful drawing attention to them
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 03-08-16 at 08:26 PM.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks. A sort of cliffhanger

Default Book 10 Chapter 12 - Part 2

Kink, Lao Qianbei, HPC, Jaya, Abhay, ysabel, you are welcome. DongBin, I am not sure if Jean is following this thread. decepticon, I dont watch TV. Xu Xiong, didnt they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Sky, I dont think that I explicitly say who my favorite was, I did say that I was rooting for her, because she cared. It was you who repeatedly brought it up. ycb, I am glad its only sort of, not a real cliffhanger. Here is short update marking the end of Book 10. (Can you believe it? Book TEN!!)

Not only would it display his astonishing power, the more important thing was that it would validate the accuracy of his judgement.

The enemy ships were beginning to hoist their sails.

Three zhang!

With a wild roar Kou Zhong soared into the air to pounce on the steel rope.

This was such an unexpected move that even the enemy was awed. Everybody stared with their eyes grew wide, and forgot to release the stones and the arrows.

Fiercely gnashing her silvery teeth, Shang Xiuxun shouted tenderly, Light the arrows!

Flying over the empty space, Kou Zhong pulled the Moon in the Well from its scabbard, and turned it into a sharp ray that violently chopped down in the steel rope below.

Right this moment, Kou Zhong seemed to transform into a totally different person than his usual self.

Dang!

While the men from both sides were craning their neck to look down, the Moon in the Well turned into an arc of yellow light, like a streak of lightning struck the steel rope.

The steel rope seemed unable to withstand the saber strike; it suddenly snapped and fell into the river.

Shang Xiuxun shouted tenderly, Release the arrows!

Soaring into the sky, the fiery arrows illuminated the river course, separately raining down on the two enemy ships.

Flying Horse Ranch peoples morale was high; they were full of confidence and fighting spirit.

Like a swift running horse their boat sailed across the steel rope that was blocking the river, speedily glided downstream.

It was not until the arrows nearly arrived that the enemy appeared to be awakened from a dream; with rallying cry they returned fire.

Kou Zhong somersaulted in the air. As steady as Mount Tai he landed back to his original position at the bow of their boat, with aloofness as if he looked at the world in disdain.

The saber was back in its sheath.

This moment two huge rocks happened to fill the sky as they flew toward them.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud. Like a leopard he leaped and met the rocks head-on with his fists.

Bang! Bang!

The rocks shattered into powder and rained down the river.

Kou Zhong was shaken by the impact as well; he dropped back onto the deck, right next to Shang Xiuxun.

Seeing his fists were covered in blood, Shang Xiuxun was aghast, Are you all right? she asked.

Kou Zhong was unable to crawl back up; his body appeared to have lost all its strength. But he was still laughing heartily and said, That was fun! That was fun!

Boom!

The hull shook violently.

Without anybody able to stop it, a huge rock hit the port side deck. Immediately wood fragments splattered everywhere as the deck shattered.

The boat leaned to its side before finally leveled up again.

Xu Ziling thundered, Brothers, were through!

Everybody cheered.

Looking back, they saw the two enemy ships were on fire. Forget about pursuing, they were having a difficult time just to take care of themselves.

thanks foxs!

congrats!

Beautiful ladies definitely lose a lot as the years go by, but in ancient times, life expectancy is shorter (45/50). A pretty looking woman can still look good up till 40+?

I guess my argument is that Old Huang needed an editor. Or his editor needed a whooping. There's enough really strong material here to make a very compelling story which is why we are all here reading. We are only at Chapter 10, and I personally have had enough about someone's fragrant heart (what does it mean for a heart to be fragrant anyways) shaking or what have you. But this is just my humble opinion.

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Actually, a beautiful dancer friend I can name is Celia celiarowlsonhall.com :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.honeykennedy.com/content/uploads/2011/06/honey-kennedy-keller-ny-fw-2011-05.jpg')

Last edited by 徐中銳; 03-09-16 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks foxs !

Thanks Foxs...

Thanks foxs.

Ah, me bad. I quickly jumped over to Four Constables in case I typed ..Thks foxs .. there. Nope. Apologies. Thks foxs.