Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks fox. And the wait continues...

" Akolaw, if you put it that way, then yes, Huang Yi explicitly stated that Ning Daoqi, three men are at the top. However, he never suggested that so and so is at 1a level, while someone else is at 10k. Anyway, I have a feeling that we are talking about two different things here, and somehow I failed to put my point across. If you like to rank the characters, who am I to stop you?"

Thank you, let's enjoy the coming fight first, we can revisit this topic afterward.

Thanks, foxs.

RIP Xi Ying. It was a bright fiery impressive cameo. Your status as the 4th strongest demonic master will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by shirak View Post
    RIP Xi Ying. It was a bright fiery impressive cameo. Your status as the 4th strongest demonic master will be missed
    How can you be so fast? You post your comment a few hours faster than Foxs's translation about the big fight. That's truly a Yi Jian technique 😁

Interesting choices of names for the new translation of Legend of the Condor Heroes

HERO-BORN-OO1.jpg

HERO-BORN-OO_002.jpg

HERO-BORN-OO_003.jpg

Those names sound so silly lol.

And theyre supposed to be pros? What does that make foxs legendary? Charity bao, lotus huang i stopped there

Default Book 25 Chapter 10 - Part 1

Anurman, that means you consider this a battlefield or game board? (Yijian) Xiaohu, I think theres another feature in spcnet that will tell you when a post is being made? But personally I have not tried it yet. HPC, Ysabel, Jaya, you are welcome. Sky, to be continued Akolaw, Shirak, you must have a prophetic ability Lance, have you read the book? Care to share your review?

Book 25 Chapter 10 Revitalization of Prestige

It was when the Heavenly Lord Xi Ying landed on the grass that Xu Ziling realized that Xi Ying was very tall, more than a cun taller than he was, plus his imposing manner was intimidating; with his two legs supporting him on the ground, there was quite a mountain-top, highest-peak bold and powerful imposing disposition, the gentle and weak scholar impression was gone.

The mysterious appearance with which he was standing was very peculiar; even though he was standing as steady as a mountain, there was also a strange impression that he might drift to a certain position at any time.

On the scroll that Yue Shan left behind, there was a detailed reference about Xi Yings demonic schools brilliant skill of Purple Cloud Heavenly Mesh; otherwise Xu Ziling would not have known that when this demonic power has been successfully mastered, the practitioner would appear to have purple eyes and fiery eyeballs.

Purple Cloud [orig. purple qi] did not refer to the color of the true qi at all; rather, it referred to the skin pigment when the power was activated, hence it was called purple qi.

The most formidable aspect of the Purple Cloud Heavenly Mesh was that when the power was at its peak, the released power was able to form layer upon layer of nets of qi all around the enemy like woven cloth, constricting the opponent like the fish in the net, so that it would be difficult to escape death.

If Xi Ying had really been able to train to the highest level where he could spread the net according to his wishes, then he would be the first person who mastered the Ziqi Tian Luo in nearly three hundred years.

Although in the scroll that he left behind Yue Shan theorized on all kinds of method to defeat the Purple Cloud Heavenly Mesh, yet even he himself did not have any confidence that it would work; let alone when he and Xi Ying fought, Xi Yings Ziqi Tian Luo has not been mastered yet.

Xu Ziling was sizing Xi Ying up; Xi Ying was also examining him carefully, by walking and stopping around him, increasing the threat and the pressure indefinitely.

Practically Xu Ziling was not afraid Xi Ying would attack from behind. Relying on his spirited and acute senses, he would immediately feel it and come up with counterattack.

On all four rooms of the west wing, the windows were full of shadows; nobody wanted to miss this life and death decisive battle between the top martial art masters of Jianghu.

After two complete circles, Xi Ying stopped right in front of Yue Shan, with a hint of disdainful smile leisurely escaping from the corner of his mouth. The purple light on his eyes growing stronger, yet the tone of his voice was surprisingly calm. Shaking his head and sighing, he said, Since Ol Xi made a breakthrough in the Ziqi Tian Luo, the number of those who can stand as my opponent really can be counted on ones fingers. Yet even though Ol Xi knew that Yue Xiong is still in the world of the living, Yue Xiong does not have enough qualifications to be ranked among them. However, a figure like Yue Xiong dropping by to give Ol Xi an opportunity to test my moves, Ol Xi is still extremely grateful.

From the purple qi emitted by his eyes, Xu Ziling was able to confirm that Xi Yings internal energy was of a common origin, yet different from Zhu Yuyans Tianmo Da Fa [demonic great method].

When Tianmo Da Fa was executed, it would create a vacuum-like phenomenon. But Xi Yings Ziqi Tian Luo was just the opposite; with Xi Ying at the center, the qi power was swelling in wave motion, as if space was unceasingly expanding.

Actually, when Xi Ying was circling twice around Xu Ziling, it was extremely deliberate. On one hand, he was feeling out the opponents real situation and seeking for any gap to exploit; on the other hand, he was luring the opponent to make the first move. Who would have thought that although Xu Ziling did not make any hand pose, in essence, the true qi within his body was already forming the Great Vajra Chakra pose; as steady as Mount Tai. Although he did neither attack nor defend, the fact was that he did not reveal the slightest amount of gap.

Hearing Xi Ying said that, he laughed hoarsely and said, Xi Xiong, you are arrogant and conceited, and that still hasnt changed. You need to take this move first before expressing your gratitude!

Under the eyes of everybody upstairs looking down, Xu Ziling slowly raised his hand. He started with his five fingers open, and then slowly closing the hand into a fist. In a split second he created a condensing qi that rose violently like a river and mountain peak.

Such martial art, not only it was never seen, it was never even heard of.

For the first time that night Xi Ying showed a grave expression.

Only he could understand that the opponents every move was targeted at the marvelous move of his Ziqi Tian Luo.

Just now, when he was bragging that Yue Shan did not have qualifications to be his opponent, he was not being arrogant and conceited at all; rather, he intentionally wanted to provoke the usually hot-tempered and ruthless Yue Shan to make his move, so that he would fall into his trap.

Purple Cloud Heavenly Mesh could be compared to weaving spider web using qi; whenever a prey bump into the web, the more it struggled, the tighter it would be entangled inside the web; it was weird and sinister to the extreme point.

If the opponent grabbed the initiative by attacking first, Xi Ying might lure the opponent to have a free hand in violent attack, and then he would spit out a thread of power, using soft to control hard, until the opponent had his hands and feet bound, having power but unable to unleash it, and only then would he kill the enemy in one move.

How could he know that Yue Shan, who seemed to become another person altogether, appeared to be able to see through his mind, so that in this one move he seemed to be on the offensive yet not exactly attacking, he seemed to be in the defensive, yet not exactly defending; he appeared to not using the least bit of amazing stroke, yet he made Xi Ying completely lose the initiative, and momentarily was at a loss of how he ought to cope with it. Without any better option, he had to stay unmoving, waiting for a change.

A hint of smile escaped from the corner of Xu Zilings mouth; suddenly he shouted, En garde!

The fist closed.

Like running water the true qi flowed through the thousand streams, a hundred rivers of the meridian and acupoints within his body, converging into a powerful current. Although he did not strike a pose of sending out a punch, an enormous, swift and fierce qi power unexpectedly shot out of his fist, heavily striking the strongest point on Xi Yings invisible, yet real Heavenly Mesh qi net; so accurate that Xi Ying was extremely shocked.

Upstairs, no one who watched this scene unfolded was not dumbfounded. Nobody could even imagine that Xu Ziling would be able to apply his energy and send out his power like this. His entire body was like a ten-thousand-catty boulder formed entirely by true qi that was launched by a trebuchet.

Bang!

Qi power collided.

Xi Yings entire body shook severely; he was pushed one step sideways.

Xu Zilings upper body only swayed slightly, not because of his power surpassed Xi Yings, but because his power was concentrated on his fist, while Xi Yings power was distributed over a larger areas net, hence he gained the upper hand.

Finally Xi Yings countenance changed, knowing that if he let Xu Ziling continued to take the initiative, in the end he would only fall into a one-sided situation where he could only take a beating.

Letting out a sharp whistle, Xi Yings legs moved with strange footwork, while the purple cloud was starting to appear on his face; he drifted indeterminately several steps backward to snatch the position to the left of Xu Ziling. His right hand swiftly chopped. It looked like an ordinary, nothing special move, but everybody upstairs felt that his palm strength was as powerful as three armies storming together, carrying a no-one-can-resist potential. It did not matter who was blocking it, he could only momentarily withdraw.

The more shocking thing happened to Xu Ziling; they saw him unexpectedly closing his eyes, and taking the palm by moving sideway, as if he already knew what would happen. His two palms coming together, all ten fingers made an exquisite, mysterious-beyond-human-comprehension movement, like a blossoming flower without yielding at all he met Xi Yings world-shaking palm chop one step ahead.

The instant the Heavenly Lord Xi Ying evaded the fist by moving across, Xu Ziling was able to clearly grasp the movements and the shift in the central core of Xi Yings entire Heavenly Mesh Qi Net; thereupon he might as well close his eyes so that he would not be confused by his footwork, and meet this fierce-without-equal move head on.

Boom!

Xi Ying let out a stifled grunt and flew back, as if he was afraid that Xu Ziling might seize the opportunity to pursue and attack.

Xu Ziling still had his upper body swayed backward, before returning to his original posture, which was as steady as Mount Tai. At the same time, he made a big decision.

Just now he was using the Inner Bound and Outer Bound, two poses from the Jiu Zi Zhen Yan Shou Yin [nine-character incantation handprints]; first, it was to take Xi Yings qi power as is, which he channeled via his fingers and disperse it out. And then he fiercely used someones spear to attack his shield [idiom: turning a weapon against its owner, attributed to Han Feizi (c. 280 233 BC, Chinese philosopher of the Warring States period Chinese Legalist school], by piercing Xi Yings Heavenly Mesh Qi Net, which was coming to envelop his body. Even with his brilliance, Xi Yings only way out was to withdraw immediately.

After retreating for about a zhang, Xi Ying stopped. His eyes flashing with ominous glint, he spoke coldly, What kind of ghost school way was that?

Xu Ziling smiled and said, Ziqi Tian Luo is nothing more than this; if your, Xi Yings, skill is limited to this, than this date next year will be the anniversary of your death.

With a loud shout, he sent out a punch across the empty air.

Upstairs, the crow and peacock made no sound; simply because until this moment, nobody was able to tell clearly which side had the upper hand.

Seeing Xu Ziling took the initiative by sending out a punch, instead of alarmed, Xi Ying was delighted. Lifting both arms high like a giant roc spreading its wings, his ten fingers spread out and then rapidly closing together, he wrapped his arms around his own chest, while at the same time he took quick steps forward to meet the powerful wind of Xu Zilings no-stronghold-he-could-not-overcome fist momentum; this move was extremely weird.

Letting out a long laughter, Xu Ziling said, You fell into the trap!

Abruptly he pulled his fist back; the fist turned into a palm, the palm turned into fearless image. The qi power, in spiraling manner, was pulled back into the hollow of his palm, forming a vacuum similar to the Tianmo Gong.

He stole this technique from Wanwan. That night at the Da Shi Temple, relying on Tianmo power, Wanwan not only made Yang Xuyan not daring to press his attack, she also seized the opportunity to pursue and attack An Long, storming at him so that he escaped in panic.

But were it not for on the plank walkway the other night this jiejie [older sister] transmitted her power via his channels to deal with You Niaojuan, he would not be able to grasp the profound mystery within it.

I feel bad for not finishing the battle, so Ill try to post the rest of the chapter tomorrow.

Thanks Foxs. Only second. First is for Shirak😁

I just read the jpg that Ysabel posted. I have a feeling that those characters belong to some fantasy novel, not historical wuxia fiction.

Anurman, I don't think you read the story yet, since I have just posted it a few seconds ago.

Yes, anurman is a cheater, he posted before reading the update..

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png') Originally Posted by foxs $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png')
    Xiaohu, I think theres another feature in spcnet that will tell you when a post is being made? But personally I have not tried it yet.

Foxs, yes, I have tried the feature, but nonetheless, anurman is ALWAYS a few minutes early, that's why I said that spcnet is not fair (and he is a cheater) 😁.
    Last edited by wangxiaohu; 04-28-18 at 10:14 PM.

Foxs i didnt read that pro translation. Only saw the screenshots posted. Its like the person translated decided to give some of the characters english names, some with literal chinese to english translations, and some actually using the pinyin. Imo thats confusing as hell. Ironheart is interally the guys chinese name translated directly into english. I would prefer to use pinyin loke the way you do.

The say you translate it is way less confusing. The title/what the person is known as in english along with their pinyin name the way you do works well. Not what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Anurman, I don't think you read the story yet, since I have just posted it a few seconds ago.
    I read few first paragraphs, but then I had some urgent things to do first. So I'm not a cheater 😂😁😁😁😂.
    Xiaohu, I'm not the first. Shirak is many hours above me. He is the real cheater....😁 😁 😁 😁

Thanks foxs

Spcnet translation -

Day in and day out, day after day, the Qiantang River majestically winds through and around Ox
    Village, near the city of Linan, on its journey toward the sea. On the shores there stood thirty or so
    tallow trees, leaves red like fire, yet another sign that it was now August. The wild weeds and grass
    around the village had just started to turn yellow. The sun shone down at a low angle on the grass,
    adding even more to their bleakness. Underneath two giant pine trees there gathered a group of
    villagers; the crowd included both men and women along with more than ten children. All of them
    were listening to a thin old man, giving him their complete attention.

The old man was about fifty or so, the green robe that he was wearing had been washed to a bluish-
    gray. He banged two pieces of wood together a couple of times, with the little bamboo stick in his
    left hand he started to beat on a little drum to keep pace. He started to sing: The peach blossoms
    without fail, vast unused fields feeding the crows. After the soldiers by the well, families gather in
    sorrow."

The old man banged the drum with the stick a couple of times more, and then continued: "Old Man
    Yie had a wife, a son, and a daughter. They lost each other when the Jin invaded. Finally, after
    many hardships and much difficulty, they were able to get back together. They returned to their
    home to find that the Jin soldiers had burned it to the ground. They had no choice but to head off to
    Bianliang (modern day Kaifeng, capital of North Song). 'The heavens produce unexpected storms,
    people have unforeseen misfortunes'. As soon as the four of them got to Bianliang, they ran into a
    troop of Jin soldiers. The leader of the soldiers looked down and saw that Young Miss Yie was
    quite beautiful; he jumped down from his horse, and grabbed her. With a laugh, he threw her onto
    his saddle and said: 'Pretty little girl, you are going to go home with me.' How could young Miss
    Yie agree? She struggled with all her might. The leader yelled out: 'If you don't stop struggling, then
    your family will die!' He picked up his wolf fang club and smashed it down on her brother's
    head..The nether world gains a new ghost, the real world loses one more soul.'

Old Man Yie and his wife fell onto their son's body and started to cry their hearts out. That Jin
    soldier lifted up this wolf fang club twice more and took care of them. Young Miss Yie did not
    cry, she simply said: Sir, please stop killing people. I'll go with you.' This made the soldier
    extremely happy. Just as he let his guard down, Young Miss Yie suddenly grabbed the saber at his
    waist, pulled it out, and thrust at his heart. It looked like she was about to avenge her family's death;
    but alas it was not to be. That soldier had much experience on the battlefield; with out thinking, he
    merely pushed her forward very naturally, sending Young Miss Yie to the ground. He had just
    enough time to say: 'Little *****!' But Young Miss Yie has already brought the blade to her neck.
    Poor girl: With a flower's beauty and the moon's grace, such a sweet soul dying sadly so young.'"

He alternated between talking and singing. Every single one of the villagers was now sighing in
    sadness and rage. The man continued: Dear audience members, as the saying goes: Treat others
    with an honest heart, hold your head up on high with pride. If evil deeds go unpunished, only the
    evil will survive. The Jin has conquered half of our Great Song, killing, burning, raping and
    pillaging; not an evil deed left undone. Yet no punishment whatsoever seems to be forthcoming.
    Our Great Song's officials are responsible for this. China has plenty of healthy and available
    soldiers; yet every time we go up against the Jin armies, all they do is turn around and run, leaving
    us peasants behind to suffer. There are stories, like the one about Young Miss Yie and her family,
    by the thousands north of the river. Living here south of the river is truly like being in heaven on
    earth, but we fear the day the Jin soldiers come invading. Rather be a dog in peace, than a man in
    troubled times! My name is Zhang Shiwu, thanks everyone for listening to the story of 'Miss Yie,
    the Young Martyr'." After banging the drum several more times, he held up a tray.

Hero Born translation -

THE QIANTANG RIVER STRETCHES FROM THE WEST, WHERE ITS waters swell day and night, past the
    new imperial capital of Linan and the nearby Ox Village, on to the sea in the east. Ten cypresses
    stand proudly along its banks, their leaves red like fire. A typical August day. The grasses are
    turning yellow beneath the trees and the setting sun is breaking through their branches, casting
    long, bleak shadows. Under the shelter of two giant pine trees, men, women and children have
    gathered to listen to a travelling storyteller.
    The man is around fifty, a pinched figure in robes once black, now faded a blue-grey. He
    begins by slapping two pieces of pear wood together, and then, using a bamboo stick, he beats a
    steady rhythm on a small leather drum. He sings:

Untended, the p each blossoms still op en,
    As fallow fields of tobacco draw the crows.
    In times p ast, by the village well,
    Families once gathered to vent their sorrows.

The old man strikes the pieces of wood together a few more times and starts his story.
    This poem tells of villages, where ordinary people once lived, razed by Jurchen tribes and
    turned to rubble. One such story concerns Old Man Ye, who had a wife, a son and a daughter,
    but they were separated from one another by the invasion of the Jin. Years passed before they
    were reunited and could return to their village. After making the perilous journey back to
    Weizhou, they arrived to discover their home had been burned to the ground by enemy forces,
    and they had no choice but to make for the old capital at Kaifeng.
    He sings:

The heavens unleash unexp ected storms,
    Peop le suffer unforeseen misfortune.

Upon arrival, he continues, they encountered a troop of Jin soldiers. Their commanding
    officer spotted the young Miss Ye, by now a beautiful young maiden, and eager to capture such a
    glorious prize, he jumped down from his horse and seized her. Laughing, he threw her onto his
    saddle and cried, Pretty girl, you are coming home with me. What could the young Miss Ye
    do? She struggled with all her might to free herself from the officers grip. If you continue to
    resist I will have your family killed! the man shouted. With that, he picked up his wolf-fang
    club and smashed it down on her brothers head.
    The nether world gains a ghost, j ust as the mortal world loses one more soul. He breaks
    again into song.
    Old Man Ye and his wife threw themselves on top of their sons body, weeping and sobbing.
    The commanding officer raised his wolf-fang club and once again brought it down on the
    mother, and then once more on the father. Rather than cry or plead, the young Miss Ye turned to
    the soldier and said, Sir, rest your weapon, I will go with you. The soldier was delighted to
    have persuaded her, but just as he let down his guard the young Miss Ye grabbed the sabre from
    his waist, unsheathed it and held the point of the blade to his chest. Was she about to avenge her
    familys death?
    Alas, it was not to be. Being experienced on the battlefield, the soldier knew that if he took a
    deep breath, tensed his muscles and pushed against the blade, she would tumble to the ground.
    Then he spat in her face. *****!
    But young Miss Ye brought the blade to her neck. That poor, innocent girl.

A beauty made of flower and moon,
    A nd so was taken the sweetest soul that night.

He alternates between singing and speaking, all the while beating his small drum with the
    bamboo stick. The crowd is entranced by the old mans words; they snarl with rage at the
    soldiers cruelty, and sigh at the young girls sacrifice.
    Dear friends, as the saying goes, Keep honest heart and ever gods in mind. For if evil deeds
    go unpunished, only evil doth one find. The Jin have conquered half our territories, killing and
    burning, there is not an evil deed they have not committed. And yet no punishment is
    forthcoming. The officials of our great Empire are responsible for this. China has plenty of men,
    healthy and willing to fight, yet every time our army faces the Jin they turn and run, leaving us
    peasants behind to suffer. There are stories, a great many stories just like this one, north of the
    Yangtze. The south is a paradise in comparison, but still you live each day in fear of invasion.
    Rather be a dog in times of peace, than a man in times of trouble. My name is Old Zhang,
    thank you for listening to the true story of young Miss Ye!