Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.
    Zhai Jiao is come back. Xiao Hu, you can raise Lingzhong with her together.. Just joking.

Thks foxs.

"... solidify the internal and resist outside aggression must be carries out at the same time." - carried?

Quote Originally Posted by 徐中銳 View Post
    An extremely high-quality production, I recommend enthusiasts tracking down if not all episodes then those with your favourite (fight) scenes. However, YouTube have been enforcing copyright, playlists of it shows gaps i.e. uploads now "deleted." Yet, I'm sure the keen will find
    I don't like this version very much. Looks good on the surface but suffers from bad casting of some major characters especially Hong Qigong.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    I don't like this version very much. Looks good on the surface but suffers from bad casting of some major characters especially Hong Qigong.
    He's not very wrinkled, may be due to his 神工 :
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks, foxs

Thanks foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryhero View Post
    Zhai Jiao is come back. Xiao Hu, you can raise Lingzhong with her together.. Just joking.
    Hungry, I thought he is well taken cared of by a good wet nurse : you. Just joking.

Default Book 21 Chapter 8 - Part 2

Ysabel, Xiaohu, HPC, Jaya, Chua, you are welcome. Hungry, DongBin, thanks. It will be fixed on the unabridged thread, along with some minor errors. Xu Xiong, thanks for sharing. I don't know how many versions already. Aren't you guys bored with watching the same thing again and again?

Bang!

The wine cup fell to the ground and shattered into pieces.

Aghast, Xu Ziling stared at Kou Zhong, only to see his face had no trace of blood. This time its really bad! he cried out involuntarily.

By this time of the day, the restaurant they have frequented has yet to open their door for business, so it was perfect for the two to have their private business here.

Putting down his cup, Xu Ziling frowned and asked, Whats the fuss?

Kou Zhong sighed and said, Even the wisest can have a momentary lapse in judgment, and that certainly applies to you too. Try to think about it: Lu Miaozi, the Demonic Emperor Relic, Zhu Yuyan, and Duke Yangs Treasure. Synthesized these four aspects together, then youll come to only one conclusion. We have certainly fallen into the yaonus [female demon] evil scheme. All these great troubles are to provide dowry for the crafty scoundrel.

This time it was Xu Zilings turn to have his countenance changed, You are right, he said, Must be because of Su Jies matter that my brain was clouded. The fact is, no one has ever been able to find the Demonic Emperor Relic, simply because Mr. Lu put it inside the Duke Yang Treasure. But how did Zhu Yuyan know? I am afraid its just a blind guess!

Kou Zhong took another cup of wine. After pouring some and drinking it, he muttered to himself irresolutely, It doesnt matter if she guessed it right or she guessed it wrong, supposing his mothers Demonic Emperor Relic is indeed in the treasure-trove, will we have to fulfill our promise?

Xu Ziling raised his cup and drown it in one gulp; he calmly said, What do you think?

Bang!

Kou Zhong threw another cup to the floor; letting out a long laughter, he said, What kind of men are we, brothers? Once we give our promise, of course we wont go back. I dont care if after obtaining the Demonic Emperor Relic that yaonu can escape to the earth or fly to the sky, I am not afraid.

Raising his thumb, Xu Ziling said, Now thats my good brother.

Kou Zhong picked up another cup and held it against his lips, letting the wine dripped and wet the lapel of his clothes. Distressed, he said, Too bad Su Jie is gone. Otherwise, if she were here to accompany us drinking, it would have been ultimate delight!

Xu Ziling dejectedly said, Eventually one day you and I will step on her trailing dust [fig. somebodys footsteps]. If death is the end of everything, then it will also end all our troubles. However, if there is something after death, wont we still have time to meet again?

Smiling wryly, Kou Zhong said, The problem is that destiny is not repeatable. For instance, if there really is reincarnation, when we die, Su Jie has already reborn, and is already experiencing another life. This is precisely the real meaning of an accident arising from many causes.

And then he spoke softly, To be honest with you, I really am grateful to you for leaving half of Xiang Yushans life for my pleasure to wipe out the enmity of a loved one, so that my grief wont be without any place to wash it out.

Xu Ziling shook his head and said, Until now I am still unclear as how Su Jie could contract such a foul illness. We must investigate this matter.

With tears in his eyes, Kou Zhong said, Ever since we said goodbye to Su Jie in Xingyang, she had never had one day where she was really happy, and then she met that completely-lacking-any-feeling-or-sense-of-justice man.

Pouring another cup of wine for Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling said, Now is the time to drink comfort wine, wailing for the dead was yesterdays matter.

Kou Zhong wiped the tears with one hand, while with the other hand he drank his wine.

Xu Ziling said, There is some questionable things about that man, Hou Xibai. And then he narrated his and Bu Tianzhis suspicions.

Kou Zhong nodded and said, Since the beginning I did not like him too much. At first I thought that I was narrow-minded and was jealous of him, but now I know that I actually had foresight. Shi Qingxuan mentioned those Eight Great Martial Art Masters of the Demonic Way; besides Zhu Yuyan, You Niaojuan, Zuo Youxian, who are the others?

Xu Ziling replied in distress, I dont know whether she was deliberately messing up with me, but she only told me half of everything. One of those things was the confirmation that Rong Fengxiang is the personification of Pi Chen. As for the other four, I am afraid you must find Shi Feixuan and ask her yourself!

Kou Zhong downed another cup; he asked in surprise, Why is the more I drink, the more spirited I am, and not the least bit his mothers drunk? Hows Shi Qingxuan compared to Shi Feixuan? [Reminder: Shi Qingxuan (石青璇) vs. Shi Feixuan (师妃暄), different Shi, different Xuan] Was her Niang really Shi Feixuans Shibo [martial (older) uncle]?

Xu Ziling replied helplessly, Even her true appearance, she only let me look at half of it. She is fairly discernible, hard to fathom [fig. elusive]. But my days with her was not unbearable.

If it were before, Kou Zhong would have immediately teased him as falling in love with her, but right now he did not have that kind of mood. After being quiet for half a day, he said, Now, our Shao Shuai Armys only way out is to attack Jingling and Xiangyang, two strategic towns. Along the way, we could look for Zhu Can and the Three Big Bandits to take their heads off. But to accomplish such a difficult goal, we must have Duke Yang Treasure to succeed. What do you think I should do?

Just say it frankly! Xu Ziling said, The promise I made to you, I wont ever renege.

Kou Zhong rose up to his full height and said, I am just waiting for Gui Xiliang and Xing Rong, those two kids news. After Shao Lingzhou is taken care of, that will be the time Li Zitong and I talk about the conditions.

※ ※ ※

That very same evening, sure enough, Zhuhua Bangs [bamboo flower gang] representative arrived. But it was neither Gui Xiliang nor Xing Rong, but it was the Deputy Hall Master who rose up to become the Hall Master, Luo Feng.

Kou Zhong busily received him at the main hall. After sitting down, Luo Feng, with a face full of dust, spoke with grave expression, Jiangdu is in critical condition, it might fall any moment. Du Fuwei and Shen Lun join hands to attack Jiangdu; they take turn to besiege the city. It looks like Li Zitong wont be able to hold on for long.

Kou Zhong shivered in fear and said, Hows Old Du and Little Shens military strength?

Luo Feng replied, Du Fuwei stations his troops at Qingliu, his strength reaches seventy thousand men. Shen Lun has his garrison at Yangzi, his strength is about fifty thousand men. Li Zitong mobilized troops and horses from all sides, and his strength numbers around forty thousand. Were it not for Jiangdus city wall tall and the rampart solid, it would have been fallen early on.

Kou Zhong pondered quietly on how he was going to fight this battle; even if he poured out all his strength to help, he would only suffer loss for nothing. Du Fuwei was an old fox, veteran of a hundred battles, definitely not someone easy to deal with.

But if Li Zitong was done for, his Shuai Shao Army would be next.

Raising his thick eyebrows, Luo Feng said, This time Lao Ge [old older brother, referring to self] received Shao Junshis secret order to negotiate with Shao Shuai, to see whether we can draw support from Shao Shuais forces to solve the crisis in Jiangdu.

Kou Zhong nodded and said, We are on the same side, there is no need to stand on ceremony. I just want to know if Li Zitong has anything to do with this.

That is only natural, Luo Feng replied, Otherwise, I would not have become the mediator.

Recalling Xu Xingzhis remark, Kou Zhong laughed hoarsely and said, For the sake of his own survival, Li Zitong indeed disregarded his siblings enmity. However, in this matter, he still harbors ill intention; he wanted to borrow Du and Shens coalition forces to weaken my strength. Luo Dage, what do you think?

Luo Feng nodded and said, Lao Ge has had discussion with Ol Shen and Xiliang; we all knew that this is lending a knife to kill, but once Jiangdu fall, Im afraid Shao Shuai will also find it difficult to preserve your hard earned rivers and mountains. This is indeed a big headache. [See Book 7 Chapter 3 for more on these characters.]

Kou Zhong mused, I really have to protect Jiangdu, otherwise my territory will be gobbled up by Old Du, then innocent civilians will suffer the disaster of being trampled by the soldiers.

Emotionally moved, Luo Feng said, Shao Shuai is indeed a real hero, a brave knight, who disregard gain and losses, and personal benefit for the sake of common people.

Susus departed soul came to mind, Kou Zhong sighed and said, Success and failure, gains and losses, are as fleeting as life itself, it will pass in a snap of the fingers. As long as I can do things that will give my heart peace, then I will have no regrets.

Luo Feng hesitated for half a day. Finally he spoke in fierce determination, Actually, both Ol Shen and I opposed to Shao Junshi and Li Zitong having too close of a relation. Li Zitong is a fickle person, not someone you want to work with for a long time, but he simply refused to listen or even to see us!

Kou Zhong seized that opportunity to ask, What does Luo Dage think of Mai Yunfei? Does he have the qualifications to be a Tangzhu [Hall Master]?

Smiling wryly, Luo Feng said, Without me telling you, Shao Shuai ought to know what kind of material Mai Yunfei is. At least Xiliang has a better relationship with other people, plus he is the direct disciple of our former Bangzhu, and has the full support of Madame Yuling. Mai Yunfei only rely on Shao Junshi, one persons support. For this reason, Ol Shen has had intense dispute with Shao Junshi.

Kou Zhong mused inwardly that turned out Gui Xiliang also had a little bit of reputation and status; he spoke indifferently, Knowing Ol Shen and Luo Dages intention is enough! Presently our Gangs Bangzhu position is still vacant, and Xiaodi is not suitable to sit on this position. I wonder if Luo Dage has a good proposal?

Luo Feng said, Presently, the person most qualified to sit on the Bangzhu position is not Shao Junshi, but Ol Shen. As for Xiliang, in terms of talent, ability, virtue, and prospect, it will still be difficult for him to convince the masses. It is only due to the Song Clans inclination that the Bangzhu position is still hanging in the air. But it led to Shao Junshi leaning on Li Zitong, which led our Gang to be in the brink of splitting up. This whole thing is extremely complicated and very difficult to handle.

Kou Zhong said, If Shen Beichang, the Senior, sits on the Bangzhu position, and Xiliang takes up a post as the Fu Bangzhu [deputy], would Luo Dage think it will work?

Stunned, Luo Feng said, How could Shao Lingzhou agree to that arrangement?

Kou Zhongs eyes gleamed with cold and sharp flashes; he said, In the matter of life and death, how could he not agree? What Xiliang lacks right now is illustrious merit. If I let him break Du and Shens siege, his fame for fighting prowess will thus greatly rise, hence it will be proper and to be expected as a matter of course that he will take the Fu Bangzhu position; whod dare to object?

Luo Feng cast him a hard-to-believe look; he was speechless.

Naturally Kou Zhong knew that Luo Feng thought he was simply blowing his spiral conch. Smiling, he said, Can Luo Dage answer a question from me?

Luo Feng nodded.

Kou Zhong spoke indifferently, Supposing Jiangdu is captured, will it be Du Fuweis Jiang Huai Army following up the victory by going up north, or will it be Shen Faxings Jiangnan Army advancing to the north?

Luo Feng was dumbstruck and unable to reply.

The reason Du Fuwei and Shen Faxing were willing to join hands in dealing with Li Zitong was simply because Li Zitong occupied Jiangsu, the most important strategic city on the intersection between the north and the south. Both sides were hoping to get rid of this big stumbling stone and a thorn in their side. Once they succeeded in capturing Jiangdu, it would be both sides turn to have face-to-face confrontation due to their common interest.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, That is the key to our victory. May I bother Luo Dage to go back and tell Li Zitong and Shao Lingzhou frankly about this proposal? As soon as they give us a nod, send Xiliang here immediately to discuss our big plan. If we say that only Xiliang can resolve the Jiangdu situation, just like Luo Dage, they wont believe, thats why they will definitely agree. Ha! This way, the impossible will become possible. Its going to be fun!

Luo Feng could only return a blank stare.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs..

Thks foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, thanks for sharing. I don't know how many versions already. Aren't you guys bored with watching the same thing again and again?
    Although that story isn't Shakespeare, it'll be repeatedly re-staged

Or re-versioned :
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks, foxs.

Default Book 21 Chapter 9 - Part 1

Ysabel, Xiaohu, DongBin, Jaya, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, touche.

Book 21 Chapter 9 Timely Execution of a Brilliant Scheme

After sending off Luo Feng, Kou Zhong returned to the Zongguan Mansion; turned out Chen Changlin had just come back, and was having a chat about the old times with Xu Ziling at the main hall. Changlin Xiong came back just in time, he said in great delight, This time your revenge seems promising.

Chen Changlins spirit greatly aroused, he promptly asked for more details.

After Kou Zhong finished explaining the situation, Chen Changlin dejectedly said, Right now Li Zitong is powerless to defend himself, while our strength is not enough to deal with either Du Fuwei or Shen Lun, how could I take revenge?

Kou Zhong called a guard to summon Xu Xingzhi, while in passing he asked about Chen Changlins effort to recruit his clansmen back home.

Noticing his having a card up his sleeve, also knowing that Kou Zhong was full of stratagems, plus he had schemes that ghosts and deities cannot measure, Chen Changlins confidence was back; he excitedly replied, My trip was very good, much better than what I thought, especially after getting the wind that Shao Shuai captured Donghai, one after another my clansmen embarked on the journey north. My estimate is at least two thousand strong, young men are going to join Shao Shuais army. In addition, no less than five hundred skilled mariners and skilled shipbuilders from my clan are also going to place themselves into your hands. I am just one step ahead of them to report the news to Shao Shuai. Very soon I will have to travel through the night to Donghai to provide support for them.

Kou Zhong happily asked, Have those two thousand young men served in the military?

Chen Changlin replied, Most of them have joined the army of the old dynasty; those who currently serve in the Shen Army are not the minority either.

That will do! Kou Zhong delightedly said, Changlin Xiong ought have them come to Liangdu, the sooner the better.

This moment Xu Xingzhi arrived. Finished listening, he stroked his beard and said with a smile, Shao Shuais plan is wonderful; use Jiangnan men to beat Du Fuwei, and when Du Fuwei mistakenly believes that Shen Lun is stabbing him in the back and retaliate, well seize the opportunity to attack Shen Lun. Jiangdu siege will automatically break. Am I right?

Kou Zhong sighed and said, Mr. Xu is indeed Zhuge Wuhou [i.e. Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang] reborn. Just a quick glance, you already see through Xiaodis heart.

Xu Ziling also nodded to express his admiration.

Chen Changlins eyes lit up; standing up suddenly, he said, I am hastening to Donghai right now. When we attack Shen Lun, Changlin wishes to become the vanguard.

Kou Zhong pulled his sleeve and said, Hold on! Changlin Xiong needs to give directions to our tailor first on how to make Shen Army uniforms.

Xu Xingzhi laughed and said, If Shen Lun really wanted to attack Du Fuwei sneakily, how could he let his soldiers and sergeants openly wear Shen Armys uniform and insignia? As long as they are Jiangnan people, that is enough. Du Fuwei will believe it even more. [Translators note: In general, Jiangnan is the area south of Yangtze River.]

Slapping his forehead, Kou Zhong said, I am muddleheaded, ha! This time even the cost of clothing can be saved back.

Chen Changlin left with excited look on his face.

※ ※ ※

The third day after Chen Changlin left, Gui Xiliang and Xing Rong, covered in dust, rushed over. Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling arranged a banquet to wash the dust from their feet. Joining them were Xu Xingzhi, Chen Jiafeng, Xie Jue, and Ren Meimei, who had just returned from Pengcheng to give report of the situation.

After three rounds of wine, Kou Zhong said, Around the banquet table are all our own people, you may speak without any misgivings.

Gui Xiliangs countenance immediately sank, as he said, In that case, I wont stand on ceremony either. You doggedly want to put me on the stage, saying that I would be able to resolve Jiangdu siege or what have you, implicating me so that all day long I suffered frigid irony and scorching satire from Shao Lingzhous men; my days are unbearable to the extreme. Okay, now Shao Lingzhou has formally announced that if I manage to pull this practically impossible task, then I, Gui Xiliang, will not only rise to the Fu Bangzhu position, I would even reach the top by occupying the Bangzhu position. My granny! Tell me, how the hell am I supposed to step down the stage this time?

Xing Rong also expressed his displeasure, Shao Lingzhous move this time is clearly aimed at humiliating Dage; although he did not say that it cant be done, but everybody knows that if Jiangdu fell, resignation would be Gui Ges only way out.

Kou Zhong smiled and said, This practically impossible task, did Shao Lingzhou put it in writing in his formal announcement, or did you, Xiliang Lao Ge make it up yourself?

Gui Xiliang crossly said, I made it up. Whats wrong with that?

Ren Meimei and the others smiled in amusement; they all knew that these two knew each other since they were little, hence they were able to have candid dialog.

Remaining calm in the midst of chaos, Kou Zhong said, Supposing in the past I told you that I could get rid of Ren Shaoming, inflict heavy damage to Li Mi, and drive away Yuwen Huagu, wouldnt you also use the same words to describe it?

Gui Xiliangs face turned beet red; with blue veins protruding on his forehead, he angrily said, How can you discuss that matter with this current situation together? Ay! We are brothers, why dont you tell me how am I going to solve Jiangdus siege situation?

Looking at Xu Ziling, who was trying hard not to laugh, Kou Zhong laughed and said, Why dont I let Xiao Ling tell you? You trusted him a lot more than you trust me!

Assuming a dont-drag-me-into-this-mess attitude, Xu Ziling shrugged his shoulders and said, It wasnt me who put Liang Ge on the stage. The one who untied the bell must be the one to tie it back. Shao Shuai, please!

Finally Ren Meimei could not hold it any longer. Pfft! she burst into a tender giggle; her seductive appearance was very attractive. Gui Xiliang, who saw her voluptuousness for the first time, was somewhat better than Xing Rong, who stared blankly at her for half a day.

Ren Meimei was a veteran in seducing men; immediately she cast another coquettish glance, which, although he wanted to refuse, yet he could not help welcoming it.

Kou Zhong laughed and cursed Xu Ziling a bit, Kid, you are messing with me! Afterwards, he leaned over and whispered in Gui Xiliangs ear for a quarter of an hour. It was not until Gui Xiliangs countenance relaxed and he repeatedly nodded his head that Kou Zhong straightened up, picked up a cup of wine with his left hand, and heavily slapped Gui Xiliangs shoulder with his right hand, laughed aloud, and said, Gentlemen, governors and generals, heroes of Jianghu, fellow countrymen and elders, brothers and sisters, let us drink his mothers toast for the future Zhuhua Bangs Gui Bangzhu.

Everybody promptly raised their cups and clamored noisily to congratulate him.

Xu Ziling also raised his cup, but he did not say anything. He inwardly mused that whether it was the sorrow of their Niang passing, or the pain of Su Jies death, Kou Zhong was always able to recover from the blow better than he was. This was perhaps one of the must-have prerequisites of becoming an overlord of the world.

※ ※ ※

The next day Gui Xiliang and Xing Rong took a boat to return to Jiangdu in high spirits, a night-and-day difference from when they arrived, where they were hanging their heads in dispirit.

Accompanying them was Xu Ziling, disguised as the Scarface Hero, and Luo Qifei. One would be acting as guardian of this future Bamboo Flower Gangs Gang Leader twelve sichen a day, the other one was tasked to organize reconnaissance team, consisted of Zhuhua Bangs men, who were familiar with local situation, and who would become the backbone of the team, reinforced by more than a dozen reconnaissance experts from Shao Shuai Army, with the main task to gather intelligence on Du and Shens two armies.

Later that day, Xu Ziling slipped out to the stern, alone, to watch the beautiful scenery of the canal under the starry night. Thinking about Susus misfortune, grief welled up in his heart, he sighed deeply.

Susus death was a deeper and heavier blow to him than Fu Junchuos. The latters death was moving and tragic, as well as explosive and intense; it happened so suddenly that before he understood clearly, it already passed. But toward Susu, he was always brimming with hope and expectation, but suddenly all strives and wishes went up in smoke. It was that kind of loss that made him feel so helpless and full of regret, it felt like a viper is boring into his inner organs and gnaw and bite his spirit.

He did not know when he would recover like Kou Zhong. People say time can heal everything. But he also knew that Susu would always leave indelible scars in his heart.

Every time he remembered her voice and features when she spoke to him before her death, his heart would go into a spasm! It would exhaust the strength in his entire body before he could fight the tremendous, incomparable pain and depression. He was already too numb to hate anyone, including Li Jing and Xiang Yushan. But would not stop Kou Zhong from extracting the harshest revenge from Xiang Yushan.

And he knew that absolutely no one in the world could stop Kou Zhong from demanding repayment on behalf of Susu.

Most probably the cause of Susus illness was from prolonged exposure to pent-up frustration, which give rise to physical illness; indirectly it was from Li Jing, but the immediate cause was definitely from Xiang Yushan. It was something that he and Kou Zhong were already aware of, but Susu did not raise this matter; even more, she was not willing to talk about it.

In the past few days, they did not dare to mention Susu at all. It was too saddening!

This moment Gui Xiliang came to his side, cleared his throat and said, Hey! I have something Id like to discuss with you.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Thks foxs.