Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks, foxs.

I don't mind, am finding every translated instalment entertaining But it's harder on you...

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Luoyang episode is dragging very long, and I still dont see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    The assassination attempt of Wang Shichong will be an upcoming highlight
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 17 Chapter 9 - Part 1

Ysabel, HPC, DongBin, spy, Sky, Jaya, you are welcome. akolaw, Hungry, shirak, maybe not ... Xiaohu, what have I ever done to you? Xu Xiong, I want excitement too, you know ...

Book 17 Chapter 9 Overbearing Saber Yue Shan

The sky was overcast.

The city gate has just been opened. Xu Ziling wore his mask and changed into blue robes, immediately turned into the man who stole the Jade Annulus of He Clan. Using an official pass, he leisurely stepped into the city.

He did not intentionally stoop his back, but stood erect instead. With his slightly disheveled greying hair, combined with clear, commanding and awe-inspiring countenance, his image as an elderly man was quite eye-catching.

He had a long saber hanging on his waist, giving him an air of an old Jianghu veteran who had been through the vicissitudes of life.

The appointed time that he and Kou Zhong agreed upon before they parted was still two sichen away. He strolled leisurely in the city, and subconsciously his feet brought him to the familiar Tianjin Bridge.

As always, the Bridge was full of pedestrians and carriages. Recalling the scene where Shi Feixuan told him a story last night, a hard-to-describe emotion mixed with slight melancholy welled up in his heart.

Why did she suddenly leave the quiet cultivation of the Chanyuan [Buddhist Hall] and come looking for him here? Maybe she was on different errand and coincidentally run into him. Oftentimes the way she handled matters was beyond expectations anyway, bordering to mystery, so that nobody was able to predict.

His feet stepped on the Tianjian Bridge, his heart turned toward Ba Fenghan.

This outstanding Tujue swordsman, who has undergone life and death together with him, was really not as heartless as the image he projected outside; to say the least, there was remorse in his heart concerning Ba Daier, and was using thousand ways, a hundred plans to avoid seeing her.

Just then, he saw two acquaintances.

Dark clouds raced in the sky, rainstorm was coming.

※ ※ ※

Raindrops were falling onto the roof and the windowsills. Sparse at first, but quickly became heavy. In the blink of an eye, the world outside the room was filled with the patter of rain, beautiful like natures hands were playing music with the most graceful movement.

Kou Zhong, lying down on dragon-head couch, hugging the fragrant and clean quilt, remembered Xu Ziling, who was sleeping in the wilderness, first. And then his mind wandered to Shang Xiufangs moving singing voice, which worth listening a hundred times over, and finally recalled the enthralling feeling of leaning in Song Yuzhis tender bosom, which was able to melt him. His nostrils were still smelling the orchid scent coming out of her body.

Surprisingly, this beauty, who had a love-hate relationship with him, did not throw him to the ground when they were outside earlier. Unexpectedly she carried him and tossed him to the bench, before ordering her men to take him to the guest room. Kou Zhong really felt overwhelmed by the favor shown by her.

If he said that he did not have good impression or feeling of love toward her, then he deceived himself. At least when she was near, he never felt lonely, time seemed to slip away a lot faster.

Ever since the defeat of Jingling, he had never experienced such a sweet and sound sleep.

The sound of rain outside was enhancing the safety and comfort inside the room even more.

Suddenly Li Xiunings image in his mind turned blurry, replaced by Song Yuzhis touching charm, which carried a mixture of delight and anger.

Sound of footsteps approached.

Bang! the door opened.

Followed by the sound of window being closed.

Without even looking Kou Zhong already smelled Song Yuzhis scent; inwardly he was astounded. A maid or a servant ought to come to wait on him rinsing his mouth and washing his face, why would she inconvenience the Third Miss pair of delicate lily-white hands?

This thought was still hovering in his mind when Song Yuzhi came over and stopped in front of the bed curtain. Do you have enough sleep? she shouted tenderly, Why havent you gotten lost?

Kou Zhong stretched and put his hand out of the curtain and said, Could San Xiaojie help me up?

Slap!

Song Yuzhi ruthlessly bestowed a heavy slap on his outstretched palm and said angrily, If you act willfully and make a scene again, I am going to throw you out of the door.

Stroking his painful hand, Kou Zhong sat up and grumbled, Cant you hit a bit lighter?

Song Yuzhi turned her tender body around in rage, Scoundrel! she angrily said.

Kou Zhong pushed both legs out of the curtain, got out of bed and just stood behind her silky back. Giggling, he said, San Xiaojies great kindness and great virtue in upholding justice and offering shelter last night, I, Kou Zhong will almost never forget.

Song Yuzhi stared blankly, Why almost? she asked.

Kou Zhong leaned over her fragrant shoulder toward her small ear and spoke tenderly, If San Xiaojie was willing to receive me in your own fragrant room, then I would really never forget.

Song Yuzhi took a step forward, turned around and slapped.

Pow!

Five streaks of red blood finger lines immediately appeared on Kou Zhongs face, but disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Song Yuzhi was stunned, Why didnt you evade?

Wiping the saliva from his mouth Kou Zhong said with a smile, I made San Xiaojie so angry, ought to be punished.

A complicated emotion flashed through Song Yuzhis eyes; she sighed and said, Kou Zhong, who are the real you?

Kou Zhong sat down on the bed, Susus matter welled up in his heart; with a painful look on his eyes, he spoke in low voice, Unless San Xiaojie is willing to marry me, I will never force you.

Song Yuzhis jade countenance calmed down; she slowly walked over toward the window overlooking the garden, and softly said, That being the case, it would be best if you never appear in front of Yuzhi anymore.

Staring blankly, Kou Zhong said, If that is San Xiaojies wish, I, Kou Zhong, will definitely obey. Ay! I had never thought that I would suffer an unrequited love. Its really amusing!

Like a whirlwind Song Yuzhi turned around and hatefully stared at him, saying, You practically dont have me in your heart, and you still said unrequited love. If you say it one more time, I am going to kill you.

Kou Zhong was stunned, How can I not have you in my heart? he said, Last night I dreamt about being with San Xiaojie in San Xiaojies fragrant room. Hey! It was a beautiful dream that Xiaodi will remember the rest of my life.

Song Yuzhis pretty face blushed; she nearly wanted to pull the sword hanging on her waist. Losing her temper, she stomped her feet and said furiously, Big scoundrels dog mouth will never grow ivory; is it not enough that you took advantage of me?

In all earnestness Kou Zhong nodded and said, Indeed last night I took quite an advantage of San Xiaojie, but that was the most fragrant and sweetest sleep in the world.

Song Yuzhi was at loss; she angrily sat down on a chair next to the window. Momentarily she did not know what to say.

Barefooted, Kou Zhong came over to chair, got down on one knee, and held the arm of the chair with both hands. Looking up at this beauty with puffed up fragrant cheeks, he spoke tenderly, I dare to swear by the Heaven, there is definitely Song Yuzhi in Kou Zhongs heart.

Song Yuzhi met his gaze and said with a sneer, Of course you do! Because I am one of the stepping stones you use to conquer the world.

Kou Zhong shook his head and said, At the beginning I did have the idea of using you. But it was only last night that I became aware that its difficult for me not to think about you, Yuzhi.

When he returned to the city last night, because of Ren En and the others tragic death and hearing Susus misfortune, his heartache was difficult to endure; for some reason he really wanted to see Song Yuzhi, hence the reason he came looking for her.

Song Yuzhis countenance was eerily as calm as the still water; she spoke slowly, Kou Zhong, you must have remembered that a real mans words are like mountain. Just now you promised that you wont come bothering Yuzhi anymore, but now you want to go back on your words? I dont care whether you are sincere or hypocritical, in short, my heart cannot tolerate you anymore. Our discussion is over, please leave!

Kou Zhong felt as if his heart had just received a ten-thousand-catty big-iron-hammers blow; the pain nearly threw him back on the floor.

Suddenly he gained clear understanding that due to his bad attitude from the start, he had deeply angered Song Yuzhi, so that she was incapable of accepting him.

He was certain that she had deep love toward him, Kou Zhong, but the bitterness in her heart was just as deep.

And now the hatred has reached the point of no return.

Other than his face turned deathly pale, on the surface there was no sign of his inner feelings.

Rising to his full height, he gazed deeply into her eyes, and said dejectedly, Yuzhi, please take good care of yourself!

And then, still barefooted, he walked to the wind and the rain outdoors.

※ ※ ※

Opening the umbrella he just bought, Xu Ziling walked quietly behind Zheng Shuming and Bai Qinger, two women.

Zheng Shuming was the female chief [dangjia] of the Yangtze River Alliance. Because her husband died under Ba Fenghans hands, outside Jingling she led the Qingjiang Pai, Cangwu Pai, Jiangnan Hui, Mingyang Bang, Tiandong Pai, and others under the Alliance Banner to besiege Ba Fenghan, but luckily he and Kou Zhong happened to come by and disrupt their plan [see Book 11 Chapter 7]. Later on, harboring grudges, Zheng Shuming joined hands with Qian Duguan, Evil Monk, Amorous Nun, and the others, ambushed them inside the city. After the two boys escaped from the siege, they managed to cast away Zheng Shuming. Surprisingly she now came to Luoyang.

This new widow was as refined, beautiful and alluring as ever. She walked together with Bai Qinger under one umbrella, quietly talking and laughing, loitering and coming in and out of the cosmetic and perfume shops along the Heavenly Street, seemingly forgetting the sorrow of her husbands demise.

Since Xu Ziling had nothing to do anyway, plus he wanted to find a clue about Yin Gui Pai from Bai Qinger, he followed them as they entered another street.

Under cover of the heavy rain, it was so easy to conceal his presence as he followed their tracks.

Just then, someone came closer and said in a low voice, Laozhang [Sir (formal)], can I have a word with you?

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, I want excitement too, you know ...
    Tie-ins... We remember associations...

For example, me, visually, I recently saw (practice originating from 3 Kingdoms era) :
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 02-15-17 at 08:59 PM.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 17 Chapter 9 - Part 2

Ysabel, HPC, Jaya, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, I usually don't click links like that ... but thanks for sharing.

Xu Ziling was sure that he had never heard this mans voice before; without even looking at him, he laughed coldly and spoke in hoarse voice, Laofu [old man] is not interested in talking with anybody. Get out of here.

The man snorted angrily and said, This is called a toast you refuse to drink, forfeit wine you want to drink. Let Ol Zheng see how much skill you have.

The sound of finger wind arrived.

Xu Ziling unleashed his shifting-shape, exchanging-position skill; just with a flash he was already at different position, separated from the attacker by two groups of people, seven or eight in total, who were standing under the eaves to take shelter from the rain.

Huh? the man exclaimed in surprise; evidently because Xu Zilings brilliance was far beyond his expectation.

Xu Ziling guessed that the other party must be the Henan Mad Scholar Zheng Shiru, aware that his trailing the two women had been found out, so he closed his umbrella and quickly dashed into a small alley.

By this time rain water was amassed in puddles on ground, while raindrop did not stop falling, splashing on the roof and on the ground, each splash created amazing pattern, different from each other, painting this great city in a wonderful rain scenery.

Zheng Shiru ran after him from behind. Stop! he bellowed.

Xu Ziling stood still with his hand on the hilt of his saber; he spoke coldly, Laofu has not moved my saber to kill for several decades, youd better not force Laofu to violate my oath.

Zheng Shiru spoke heavily, Laozhang, may I ask your esteemed surname and great given name?

Xu Ziling sneered in disdain and said, You are well aware that Laofu will not tell you my name and surname, yet still open your mouth to ask; wouldnt it be extremely superfluous?

Wearing this mask with different hairstyle, Xu Ziling seemed to adopt different persona, turning into an extremely overbearing and grim old man.

Zheng Shiru laughed aloud and said, Without you telling me, I, Zheng Shiru, can guess your identity, the Ba Dao [overbearing saber] Yue Shan, whose name shook Shanbei [northern Shaanxi province, including Yulin and Yanan] forty years ago. Since when did you become this faceless [orig. to hide the head and show the tail]?

Xu Ziling was secretly amused, while thinking that when he had time later, he would like to investigate what kind of man this Overbearing Saber Yue Shan was. Letting out a stifled grunt, he continued walking forward.

Unexpectedly Zheng Shiru did not dare to pursue; he only shouted, Yue Laoshi [teacher] going down the mountain this time, you must have wanted to wash away the previous disgrace, but now the times are changing, with your own personal power, its hard to spread out your aspiration. Yue Laoshi please think three times, Shiru will pay you a visit later on.

Without looking back Xu Ziling continued walking this segment of the street, and after making sure nobody was following him, he darted into a corner and put on the Scarface Hero mask.

He thought that this Overbearing Saber Yue Shan must be a martial art master whose might shook a region at one time, and then because of some setback later, he returned to his native place and lived in seclusion for several decades. Just by looking at how martial art masters like Zheng Shiru was still harboring fear and respect toward him, and doing their utmost to recruit him, Xu Ziling knew that Yue Shans martial art skill must be not small matter.

But this moment he did not have time to think too much; he must hurry to go back to Kou Zhong.

※ ※ ※

When the dripping wet Kou Zhong stepped over the screen door to prevent water from coming in of the Fucheng Satin Emporium, and set his foot in the vast main hall of this most famous store in Louyang, the big boss of the emporium, Li Fucheng, was showing his goods to Zheng Shuming and Bai Qinger. He said, This is an authentic Lu [Shandong Province] brocade; unique in that it was dyed in advance before being weaved into fabric, so that the color and luster is so much brighter, with tens of thousands pattern variations. From the selection of the cotton, to the twisted core of the cloth, the spinning, the dyeing and the starching, the net threading, the warping [i.e. vertical thread in weaving], the bore through warp forming, the machine weaving, finishing, up to the final rigorous quality control, not one thread was loose [i.e. strictly according to the rules]. And what I have here is known as the Heartthrob [orig. bewildering ten thousand people], like huh?

It was only this moment that he discovered Bai Qinger and Zheng Shumings two pairs of beautiful eyes were looking elsewhere.

In fact, inside the shop, all five shop-attendants and the other three customers had their eyes on Kou Zhong and the dripping water forming puddle of water on the floor.

Kou Zhong appeared to be completely oblivious that he had become the target of a multitude of arrows. Were it not for his heroic physique and the long saber hanging on his back, he would have been kicked out of the door early on.

While taking out the carefully wrapped in waterproof thin, tough silk fabric, bundle containing the treasured books, his purse and other things from his pocket, he called out, I dont want the Heartthrob that the women wear, just a set of ready-made mens clothes, plus a pair of riding boots. If you dont have it here, get it for me elsewhere, I will pay double the price. Ay! So unbearable!

Zheng Shumings beautiful eyes shot a deep, cold murderous aura, her voice was like ice and snow as she spit it out from between her rows of jade teeth, Kou Zhong, its you!

As soon as the two characters Kou Zhong came out, Li Fucheng and the shop attendants immediately showed reverence on their faces.

Li Fucheng readily cast the Lu brocade, which he praised as there-is-no-other-under-the-heavens, aside, and bowed and said, Turns out its Kou Ye; forgive me for failing to salute. Shangshu Daren is an old friend of Fucheng, please come in to enjoy a cup of hot tea first, everything will be taken care of to Kou Yes satisfaction.

Kou Zhong mused inwardly that not only Luoyang was the transportation hub and the melting pot of people from all over the world, it was also a metropolitan where news travelled really fast. Delighted, he said, In that case I will definitely say a few words to the old friend on your behalf. Laoban [boss], do you need to measure me? Xiaodi prefers a slightly loose fitting clothes. Ha!

Li Fucheng seemed to have forgotten the two ladies, he promptly took the measuring tape handed over by one of the shop attendants, and despite the dripping wet Kou Zhong, he started to get busy in front of him.

Kou Zhong winked at the standing-in-front-of-him-and-was-glowering-at-him Zheng Shuming, and said with a laugh, Xiaodi is not Ba Fenghan at all, why are you staring at me like that? A wise and virtuous woman is of the same standing as a man of noble character; therefore, when the gentleman uses his mouth to speak, the lady must not use her hand to fight. A bit later I will book a banquet to apologize to Nu Dangjia [female chief], is that all right?

Pfft! Bai Qinger giggled tenderly, pulled Zheng Shumings elbow and said, Jiejie dont pay attention to him, lets go elsewhere to have fun; what the eye doesnt see, the heart doesnt grieve over.

How could Kou Zhong miss the opportunity to get to her? He smiled and said, No better or worse than each other. Dont forget to notify Female Demon Wan, sooner or later I will definitely settle old hatred and new enmity with her.

Bai Qinger pouted her bright red beautiful small mouth; as if nothing had happened she said, I have no idea what you are talking about. Lets go.

But Zheng Shuming was puzzled, What Female Demon Wan? she asked.

Before she finished speaking, Bai Qinger already pulled her out to the street.

Kou Zhong called out, Other than Yin Gui Pai female demon, is there any other female demon? Ha! Ay!

Remembering Song Yuzhi, his happy mood disappeared immediately.

※ ※ ※

The Scarface Hero Xu Ziling strolled slowly along the street under his umbrella.

Taking off his robe, he only wore tight warrior outfit, and shed the previously Overbearing Saber Yue Shans image.

Even without his encounter with Zheng Shiru happening, he was already prepared to change his appearance, so the elderly man entering the city earlier disappeared completely, without leaving any traces for other people to follow.

The irrigation ditch between the pedestrian path and the vehicle and horses street have become two streams of small river, plus the continuous rain pouring down from the roofs on either side of the street became curtains of water, giving the impression of powerful armies unceasingly charging down onto the street, carrying with them strong rushing momentum. Fortunately Luoyangs drainage system was doing its job; otherwise the city would become a flood plain.

There were splashes of water [orig. rain flower] everywhere, far and near the vision blurred, street traffic was sparse, Xu Ziling could not help feeling that between the heaven and the earth, there was only me, alone; it was such a strange feeling.

If Shi Feixuan was with him, walking together in the rain, and he was listening to her fascinating and moving stories, smelling the fragrance coming from her body, what kind of feeling would that be?

He recalled the side profile of this simple and elegant, immortal-like beauty, as she fixed her eyes on the Luo River down below from the bridge railing; her expression seemed so focused on that place, so that she was completely oblivious to his stare, that she was only immersed in some magical space of thinking, and she and he seemed to live in two different worlds.

The meeting with Shi Feixuan, which exceeded all expectations, not only stayed forever in his mind, it also made him to think it over endlessly.

He had never personally experienced the shock and the feeling Shi Feixuan was giving him, which was similar to a strand of nameless force pulling him into a place he had never set foot on, but until this moment he still found it hard to believe that it was dreamlike realm that actually happened.

This stunning beauty, what exactly was in the deepest part of her heart?

Supposing Xu Ziling strong-armed her and held her in his bosom, how would her pair of pure beauty, otherworldly [orig. not eating the food of common mortals], hidden-in-depth, pretty eyes, change?

A rueful smile seemed to float out of the corner of Xu Zilings mouth.

Ever since he mastered the Secret to Long Life, he grew increasingly indifferent toward the love between men and women. In the past, he had never had this kind of desire. Perhaps it was thin sudden heavy rain that caused a dim, depressing high-speed thought to appear in his mind.

After all, she was a person outside of this world, plus her cultivation was really deep, her pursuit was of sublime ideal, and not the desire between man and woman at all. In the end any wishful thinking toward her would turn to be simply an illusion [orig. flowers in the mirror and the moon reflected in the lake], leaving an empty and ruined resentment.

Xu Ziling took a deep breath; myriads of thought flashing through his mind, one thought turned into no thought at all.

All disturbing thoughts immediately became empty; tranquil and even-tempered, he walked toward his destination.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thks foxs.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs.

Default Book 17 Chapter 10 - Part 1

HPC, Ysabel, DongBin, Jaya, Sky, you are welcome.

Book 17 Chapter 10 Join Forces in the Central Plains

Song Jingang welcomed Kou Zhong into the inner hall; he laughed and said, Kou Xiong is willing to come, that means you are a trustworthy man, why should anything else need to be explained?

Kou Zhong sat down and accepted the fragrant tea offered by Song Jingangs subordinate. Looking out the window, he said pensively, The rain stopped!

Song Jingang leaned back in his chair; together with Kou Zhong he cast his eyes out the window and said, Usually, you can see this kind of heavy rain in Luoyang during summer months. This was early!

Kou Zhong put the cup on the small table between the two; looking extremely vigilant, he fixed his eyes at Song Jingang and asked, Song Xiong, which side do you think Xiaodi should work with?

But Song Jingang looked unconcerned; he said, I think you should help Li Zitong.

Only after finishing his remark did he turn to see the opposite side.

Stunned, Kou Zhong said, You really didnt want me to assassinate Du Fuwei?

Inwardly he thought that if the answer was yes, he would flatly refuse. If he really wanted to assassinate Du Fuwei, it must be in the midst of magnificent army with thousands of men and horses, with open saber and open spear, not with some plotting and scheming in the dark. Toward Du Fuwei, he did not have the slightest bit of ill will, on the contrary, he really had a bit of admiration and respect of a son toward his father.

Song Jingang laughed calmly and said, That is just a lowly strategy, plus it is difficult to accomplish. I was only thinking of inviting Kou Xiong to defend and stabilize Jiangdu on Li Zitongs behalf, while the other two factions attack Jingling, to force Du Fuwei to retreat, then it will be difficult for Shen Faxing to act. At the same time, Xiao Xian will be able to act as if he was going to cross over the Great River, so that Du Fuwei will not dare to rush indiscriminately into action.

Now Kou Zhong understood why Yun Yuzhen was willing to be Song Jingangs go-between.

Song Jingang was certainly a person with great skill and strategy; in the middle of planning an attack to the Li Clan, he did not overlook military situation all over the world at all.

If Li Mi and Wang Shichong fought until both sides suffered, Du Fuwei was defeated as he attacked to the north, and Song Jingang was able to attack Taiyuan, then Liu Wuzhous power could be easily extended to the key areas north and south of the Yellow River, and would become the most powerful overlord.

Frowning, Kou Zhong asked, But whats in it for me?

Song Jingang replied, Only by protecting Li Zitong would Du Fuwei only be able to hold back and would not dare to attack the Flying Horse Ranch and the two big cities under its protection. At that time, when Kou Xiong attacks Jingling and Xiangyang, we will join forces at Luoyang. When that happens, friend of foe, or diving the world evenly, will become the matter of only two powers, then we can take our time in making the decision.

Kou Zhong laughed involuntarily; he said, After a long time talking it over whether one is friend or foe, this is the first time that Xiaodi heard something like this. And it seems that Song Xiong is overestimating Xiaodi too much! Li Zitong may not necessarily be willing to listen to what I have to say.

Indifferent, Song Jingang said, Since Kou Xiong is able to persuade Wang Shichong, that old fox, what is a trivial Li Zitong to you? Besides, all along my masters relationship with Li Zitong hasnt been too bad. Based only on your brilliant record of being able to defend Jingling for ten days with what can be considered only a remnant of the main army, while Li Zitong himself stood at an impasse, that will easily give him something to consider.

Smiling wryly, Kou Zhong said, Quite possibly Song Xiong is the best lobbyist after Su Qin and Zhang Yi[1]. However, in this kind of troublesome matter, I must discuss it with my Xiongdi before I can make a decision. Can you wait a few days?

Song Jingang said, I am going to leave immediately, but I might leave behind a contact person. As soon as Kou Xiong gives us a nod, we will arrange everything for you.

Kou Zhong and Song Jingang discussed the means of communication between them, as well as talking about the current situation related to Jiangdu. Only then did he take his leave.

※ ※ ※

Inside a compact second-floor apartment built along the Tianjin Canal on Xuanfeng Lane at the west side of the city Xu Ziling sat alone in the inner hall, waiting for Kou Zhong.

It was a safe house provided by Wang Shichong for them to use, so that they could avoid peoples eyes and ears.

This moment Kou Zhong arrived; he dejectedly slumped down in the chair to Xu Zilings left. Quite out of character, he did not blabber like a torrent as his usual self.

What happened? Xu Ziling asked indifferently.

Depressed, Kou Zhong replied, I officially broke up with Yuzhi, with no hope of restoration.

Xu Ziling asked in surprise, How could that happen? With your, Zhong Shaos silver tongue, white can turn to black, deer can turn into horse, what cant possibly be redeemed?

Kou Zhong sighed and said, You still call yourself Xiongdi? Right now I am so miserable, you are still teasing me? Ay! My problem is that this moment I really grew to love her, hence I am in no favorable position to use my silver tongue skill.

Stunned, Xu Ziling said, So you are not joking.

Joking? Kou Zhong blurted out.

And then his expression turned bitter as with a rueful smile he looked at the pair of new boots he had just purchased, After giving her my word that I wont appear before her again, in anguish I walked barefooted in the wind and the rain. At that time my entire being was empty and devoid of any strength, my breathing impeded, my vision indistinct, my heart was pounding inside me as if the pounding of the blacksmiths sledgehammer on the anvil, getting heavier and heavier, my brains was swelling like the rumbling of the rolling thunder, I nearly fire deviated.

Incredulously Xu Ziling stared dumbly for quite a while before asking, Have you forgotten Li Xiuning?

In distressed, Kou Zhong said, When I woke up this morning, I have really forgotten her, there was only Song Yuzhi in my heart. Ay! This time is more miserable than the last time I lost my love, my entire being felt like being drowned into the abyss of the sea, the pain at the pit of my stomach was so great from the pressure.

Do you want me to go talk to San Xiaojie? Xu Ziling asked.

Absolutely not! Kou Zhong resolutely replied, We, brothers, must let it pass. I, Kou Zhong, want to obtain the world, why must I rely on my in-laws? Humph! I wish Yuzhi will still find happiness without me.

Smiling bitterly, Xu Ziling said, Dont ever think that she wont be happy without you. This is all right, otherwise, how could we justify ourselves in front of Song Shidao?

Kou Zhong flew into rage, You still dont believe that my feeling toward San Xiaojie is real? he asked.

Xu Ziling reached out to grab his shoulders and shook him twice; he sighed and said, If you could forget Li Xiuning, then you can also forget Song Yuzhi. Just leave a little bit of your mind for other things!

Kou Zhong was silent for a moment. He did feel Xu Zilings trying to comfort and care for him; nodding his head, he said, I have an important matter to discuss with you.

※ ※ ※

Finished listening, Xu Ziling spoke heavily, Xiao Xian is finally going up north!

Kou Zhong was shaken. Good point! he said, Not only that, this is a one-stone, three-bird stratagem. Xiao Xian and Xiang Yushan worthy to be called conspiracy masters.

Xu Ziling sighed and said, Fancy that they thought about it. It can clearly be seen that the one Liu Wuzhou wanted to join forces with is not you, the kid without any qualifications; rather, it is Xiao Xian. By the time they join forces outside the Pass, they can capture Luoyang first, and then attack Guanzhong. Two old kids, one goes southerly, the other northerly. Only by joining forces like this will they have the opportunity to divide the world evenly.

Actually, Kou Zhong has already been considering this issue.

It should be noted that currently Kou Zhong had no officers, no troops; the Flying Horse Ranch was not his underlings. How could Liu Wuzhou, this kind of powerful and overbearing hegemon, who had the Tujues as his supporting force, have any regard on him? At best, in his eyes Kou Zhong was a very useful chess piece. Because Xiao Xian and the others had a comparably deep understanding of him, this carefully conceived evil plan must be coming from Xiao Xian and the others.

If he fell into the trap, he would use his influence on the Flying Horse Ranch and his former subordinates at Jingling city to help him on an all-out effort to attack Jingling. When that happened, Xiao Xian would be able to enter by exploiting a weak spot, by attacking the Flying Horse Ranch and the two big cities nearby. The most formidable part of this plan was that even if Shang Xiuxun and the others were fully aware that the Baling troops were crossing the River and coming to the north, they would still mistakenly believe that it was only part of the joint military operations. By the time they became helpless, isolated troops, there would be no other choices but to surrender.

At that time Xiao Xian would acquire a wide expanse of territory north of the Great River, while Du Fuwei was deep in mire at Jiangdu, he could only sit and watch Xiao Xian nibbling away his territory in the west.

This moment Xiao Xian might be brandishing his troops going up north to Luoyang, to meet with Liu Wuzhou and together they would accomplish this beautiful dream.

Xiao Ling, Kou Zhong said, Tell me, what should I do?

Xu Ziling resolutely said, Because Su Jie is in Xiao Xians hands, right now we refrain from shooting at the rat for fear of breaking the vases. Plus any military operation must have a definite target. But we cant have a fall out with Xiao Xian openly, and yet we must preserve the Flying Horse Ranch, plus we cant let Old Die prevail. There are so many contradictory and hard-to-reconcile-together situations tangled together, and you ask me to tell you what to do?

Kou Zhongs eyes lit up; he said, We must soldier on. As long as we can defend Jiangdu, and not causing the Old Die too much damage, and Shang beauty can put an act, pretending to attack Jingling, we can secretly deal with Xiao Xian, and resolve the immediate crisis at the same time.

But then he turned dejected again and said, But how can we preserve Jiangdu without causing Old Die too much damage? This is simply not possible.

Well find a way, Xu Ziling said, But we must go to Jiangdu to have a good grasp of the situation first, only then will we be able to change according to the situation. And now, wed better think about tonight first.

Kou Zhong was silent for half a day. Finally he looked at Xu Zilings scarred face, and said with a laugh, The carriage has been waiting for a long time, may I ask Scarface General if we could set out now?

※ ※ ※

When Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling, along with Wang Shichong and the others, arrived at the Rong Mansions main gate, they were greatly surprised at the lively atmosphere.

Rong Fengxiangs, the richest individual in Luoyang, mansion was built atop a knoll at the northeast side of the city, occupying a vast land; the scale was really grand. At the first glance, the buildings were scattered about the forest like stars in the sky; a spectacular scene.

Right in the middle of the square outside the main gate, there was a huge mythological sea turtle mountain [鳌山]. The high fence was festooned wonderful, skillfully-crafted, colored lanterns their estimate was that there were no less than ten thousand lanterns, glorious and dazzling, illuminating the surrounding area, inside and outside, as bright as daylight.

There was a steady stream of well-wishers carriages and horses; everywhere they looked, the area was packed with ladies in silk embroidered dress. With the continuous ear-splitting firecrackers, their smoke filled the air, the hubbub of peoples laughing and jesting, the atmosphere surpassed New Years celebration.

Inside, the Mansion was decorated with lanterns and colored banners, maids and servants moving everywhere, greeting and ushering the guests.

Wang Shichongs group was at its peak condition as well, with close to a hundred carefully chosen bodyguards, protecting eight horse-drawn carriage, slowly entering the Rong Mansion.

Xu Ziling, Kou Zhong and Ouyang Xiyi shared a carriage. Seeing the two boys curiously looking at the crowd outside, the latter smiled and said, When Laofu was young, I was just like you, loved to join in the fun. But now I avoid crowded places like an ominous place.

Xu Ziling had changed into another mask, he was now an ordinary-looking man, nothing out of the ordinary. Hearing Ouyang Xiyi, his heart was moved; he asked, Has Qianbei [senior] ever heard of the Overbearing Saber Yue Shan?

Kou Zhong asked in surprise, Just by hearing his name, I get the impression that this man is extremely overbearing; where did you meet him?

Ouyang Xiyi was the only one, outside Wang Shichong, who was privy of Xu Zilings real identity, in order to conceal his presence as much as possible. Hearing the question, a nervous expression appeared on his face; he said, Did Xu Xiaodi really meet him?

[1] Su Qin (340-284 BC) and Zhang Yi (-309 BC) are both political strategists of the School of Diplomacy during the Warring States Period (475-221 BC).

thanks foxs. pls keep update.. 😁

Thanks foxs for the great update.. cannot wait to read the next.

Thanks foxs

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs.

I miss BFH!

Thanks, foxs.