Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    But, but, but ... Xiaohu, that WAS 2 days, hence my question. .

[
    Ah... It's my mistake then... I guess SFX's beauty captivates me deeply.

Default Book 17 Chapter 2 - Part 2

Ysabel, Jaya, HPC, DongBin, you are welcome. Xiaohu, in that case, I have to retract my statement later, you are not as an avid fan as I thought. But don't worry, I won't hold it against you. I realize that this story is dragging for so long that some of you maybe losing interest already. Anyway, here's the rest of Chapter 2, still in Luoyang.

When Dong Fang left the southern hall to greet other honored guests, there were only four people remained in the hall. Kou Zhong said, How much does Lu Shu know about this man, Rong Fengxiang?

Song Yuzhi finally turned around to face Kou Zhong; she spoke calmly, yet icily, In himself, Rong Fengxiangs origin is a mystery; although no one has ever seen him fighting, but no one does not think that his martial art skill is outstanding. On top of that, he is slick and sly, and is getting on well with people of both black and white ways. Why do you care about him?

Casting a sidelong glance toward Kou Zhong, Liu Jing scolded him tenderly, Xiao Zhong, what exactly did you do to offend Zhizhi, so that all of us have to suffer her sarcastic comments?

Jing Yi [auntie]! Song Yuzhi cried out crossly.

Song Lu chuckled and said, Girls love to throw temper tantrum to have fun, this is normal. Right! Whether Rong Fengxiang will have a good show for us to watch today, what does it have to do with us?

Kou Zhong turned toward the pouting, puffing-her-fragrant-cheeks Song Yuzhi first and bowed to apologize while giggling; and only after seeing that she still did not want to look at him did he turn toward Song Lu and Liu Jing, who had been trying to help him so much. This fellow Rong Fengxiang ought to be somewhat related to Li Shimin, he said, This time they are entertaining Fu Qian and Wang Bo in this place, I am sure it is not as simple as it appears. Just by looking at how Li kid was trying to reserve the hall right after Rong Fengxiang did, it is not difficult to see that Li Shimin and Tuli, two kids, are scrambling to get Fu Qian and Wang Bo to their side.

Pfft! Liu Jing giggled tenderly and said, Xiao Zhong has not grown out of your childish nature; what big fellow, little kid? Isnt that hilarious?

Song Lu nodded and said, In that case, Li Shimin and Tulis target must be Fu Qian. This man has not established his foundation in the Central Plains yet; therefore, if they can somehow disgrace him, he would end up retreating in grief.

This moment Xu Ziling came in. Song Lu happily welcomed him and directed him to his seat, which was between Song Yuzhi and Liu Jing, across the table from Kou Zhong.

Liu Jing could not take her eyes off Xu Ziling; sizing him up, her fawning manner grew without restraint as she said, Xiao Lings appearance is more awesome than Xiao Zhong; inside the delicate and pretty shell, there is an outstanding, above-the-crowd heroic air. Which girl would not fall in love with you?

Her coquettish, charming to the bones manner stirred up a warm, intimate and familiar feeling in Xu Zilings heart, while also evoking the painful memory of Fu Junchuos death, which felt like a distant dream. Recalling the transformations of the world [orig. the blue sea turned into mulberry fields], the human affairs that are constantly changing, how that year they met on board a huge ship on the Yangtze River; everything felt as if it was just happening yesterday. He could not help reciprocating, Jing Yi is also getting more beautiful and alluring than ever.

Flattered by him, Liu Jings eyebrows blossomed, her eyes laughed. Song Lu cheerfully said, Surprisingly this kind of pleasant-to-hear and amusing words came from Xiao Lings mouth; its really hard to believe. But it is clear that he spoke out of what he feels.

Song Yuzhi shot a glance toward Kou Zhong, as if indicating that if it was Kou Zhong who said it, then it should not be believed.

Smiling wryly, Kou Zhong met Song Yuzhi eyes with the same expression she was showing him. Turning to Xu Ziling, he asked, Where did you go? How dare you arrived late!

Xu Ziling shrugged his shoulders and nonchalantly replied, Nowhere in particular; I just made a detour to Jing Nian Chanyuan, to talk with Shi Feixuan a little bit. Ha! Why are you staring at me like that?

In fact, as they were listening to him, the other three peoples eyes were growing bigger and bigger, while their faces showed a disbelieving expression.

Did you lay everything out in the open? Kou Zhong blurted.

Calmly Xu Ziling spread his arms and said, Even an ugly woman will have to meet her father and mother-in-law sooner or later. Dragging this matter over just between you and I, what good would it bring?

Kou Zhong was at a loss. Carefully looking at him up and down, he said, Although on the surface you look all right, but you are suffering a serious internal injury and may fall dead any moment?

Song Lu and Liu Jing booed and roared in laughter. Song Yuzhis jade countenance also thawed; she even hung her head down and laughed in her sleeve, revealing her amused tender and nave demeanor, which, on this stubborn and arrogant noble woman of heroic familys face, appeared extremely touching.

Liu Jing laughed and swore, Get out of here! How can you say such an ominous words?

When the laughter stopped, Xu Ziling angrily said, Thats why I often said that you have the heart of a Xiaoren [lowly one/person of low social status], but taking other peoples noble belly, seeing outsiders readily spoke about fighting and shout about killing. The truth is that Wang Bo is hatching a plot; just now I bumped into Yun Bangzhu, who confirmed that Wang Bo is really drawing close to our archenemy Yuwen Huaji, so

Kou Zhong did not show the least bit of interest toward Wang Bo; he cut him off, What did Shi Feixuan say? Did she threaten you?

Xu Ziling laughed in spite of himself; he said, When will you ever get rid of your Xiaoren habit? She is cultivating Dhyana [i.e. Zen] Buddhist teaching, which pays particular attention to karma and destiny; how could she be like us, common people, who always seek revenge for any hatred we have? Ay! I really wish we can immediately cut Yuwen Huajis stinky head and have it to accompany our wine.

Song Lu said, Whats wrong with differentiating gratitude and grudges? Buddhism also has methods to get rid of demons and subdue devils. If someone like Yuwen Huaji ascends the throne to become the emperor, the damage hed do will be no less than Yang Guang. Right! How could Liao Kong let you see Shi Feixuan that easily?

Xu Ziling said, I also thought I would not be able to see Shi Feixuan, so I was ready to leave, who would have thought that Shi Feixuan personally appeared?

Astounded, Liu Jing said, Perhaps she took a fancy to you?

Slapping the table, Kou Zhong said, I was going to say the same thing.

Xu Zuling smiled ruefully and said, This way of thinking can be said showering affection on an uninterested party. Shi Feixuan is an out-of-this-world spiritual person, her only concern is the well-being of the people.

Song Yuzhi did not understand, But she still has no reason to let you get away? she said, Did you return the Jade Annulus of He Clan to her?

Kou Zhong seized this opportunity to look at her and said, The Jade Annulus of He Clan is gone, just like the food we ate. Where could we find a treasure to be returned to her?

Finally Song Yuzhi was looking at him. Four eyes met, and she snapped, Not one decent word. I wasnt talking to you.

Kou Zhong cried out injustice!; he said, If I, Kou Zhong, say just one empty word, let me be punished by not obtaining San Xiaojies good graces for the rest of my life. If you dont believe me, just ask Ling kid, who you think is honest and reliable.

Immediately red clouds burned Song Yuzhis jade cheeks; she was so angry that she nearly bestowed Kou Zhong a big slap on the face.

Song Lu tried to diffuse the situation, Xiao Ling, theres no harm in telling us what this is all about.

Xu Ziling briefly explained everything. In the meantime, the food and drink arrived; everybody stopped talking.

After the waiter left, Song Lu sighed and said, Unusual treasure is indeed an unusual treasure; unexpectedly such thing happened, which is hard for people to imagine.

You two lucky kids, Liu Jing said with envy.

Kou Zhong politely refilled everybodys cups. When he got to Song Yuzhi, the beauty put her hand on the cup and coldly said, I dont drink wine today.

With this put-down, Kou Zhong set down the wine pot and wanted to pour tea for her, but Song Yuzhis other hand reached out toward the tea pot, and then with a rather strained smile she said, I can pour it myself, no need to trouble your honorable hand.

Kou Zhong knew that she was merely looked impressive but is worthless; greatly delighted, he returned to his seat, barely able to hide his smile; he even pretended to sit back and relax, and even stretched his limbs as if relieved from a burden.

Song Yuzhi could only returned to her previous condition and no longer pay attention to him.

Analyzing the situation, Song Lu said, Since the Jade Annulus of He Clan, which was well known throughout the ages, has already vanished, and you have become big enemy of Yin Gui Pai, Shi Feixuan letting you go was a sensible act.

Hows the current situation of the south? Kou Zhong asked.

Knitting her jet-black eyebrows, Liu Jing said, You still dare to ask us? After turning the sky and the earth upside down in the south, the two of you just walked away and leave a terrible mess for us to tidy up.

Song Lu interjected, Fortunately this terrible mess brought us advantages without any harm. However, the fly in the ointment is that due to Lin Shihong is weakening considerably, Shen Faxing and Du Fuwei pose direct threat to the alliance of our Song Family of Lingnan with Baling Bang.

Kou Zhongs interest was greatly piqued, Hows Old Xiaos current situation? he asked.

Song Lu smiled wryly and replied, That is the other headache. After Tieqi Hui [first mention Book 7 Chapter 3, Qu Aos son] vanished like smoke in thin air, he went all-out in controlling the south, his territory expanded substantially, his military strength reaches forty-thousand men. Although currently they are still polite toward us, but nobody knows if hed change his mind tomorrow.

Snorting coldly, Kou Zhong said, Vying over the land under the heavens, from the beginning it has always been whether one can control the land outside the Pass. Hows my xiongdi [brothers] of the Zhuhua Bang [bamboo flower gang, see Book 6 Chapter 4]?

Song Lu thought for a moment before answering, Zhizhi knows more about this.

Song Yuzhi glowered at him first before saying, Do you really concern about your xiongdi, or are you afraid Zhuhua Bang might fly away from the palm of your hands?

Kou Zhong giggled and said, If it were still our Yangzhou days, where Xiao Ling and I played with rocks and mud, of course I would concern over my friends. But now we are all grown up, naturally my concern is for my own undertaking and my own future, where friends actually play a major part. Am I frank enough?

Song Yuzhi stared deep into his eyes for a moment; a bit grudgingly, she said, Your childhood playmate Gui Xiliang has become the new Bangzhu of Zhuhua Bang, and soon will be Shao Lingzhous son-in-law. So you have the power in your palms. Are you satisfied?

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling looked at each other; they were both stunned.

Liu Jing said with a laugh, Why havent you thanked Zhizhi? In this matter, she spent a lot of effort on your behalf!

Before Kou Zhong had any chance to respond, there was a loud rumbling noise from somewhere on the top floor, followed by Fu Jians long laughter. He said, With this kind of skill, you dare to display your meager skill before me? Extremely ridiculous!

Greatly delighted, Kou Zhong said, The good show finally starts. Do we want to stay here and eat, or go out to join the fun?

Before he even finished, Liu Jing was the first to leave her chair and spoke crossly, Do you even have to think about it?

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Foxs,
    I dare not call myself an avid fan of your works, I'm just a lucky reader who really, really enjoy them.

As for this DTXLZ, yes, this story is long, and yes, maybe sometimes we don't express our gratitude clearly, but I strongly believe, that we will keep coming back here to see you, and to see how the story develops.

Thanks foxs.

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

This is book 17 of total book 63.
    We are still in the 1/3 portion only.

Not I, I'll always be reading updates of this translation. You may not be hearing from me because I'm sensitive to how...

I'm censoring my own links

I realize that this story is dragging for so long that some of you maybe losing interest already.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 17 Chapter 3 - Part 1

Ysabel, Jaya, DongBin, HPC, Sky, you are welcome. Xiaohu, I never know when you are being serious and when you are joking. The reason I said 'avid fan' earlier was that you were waiting expectantly, and I did not deliver that day. Akolaw, thanks for the reminder. Not. Xu Xiong, thanks for letting me know you are still around. I guess for me, your comments are so cryptic sometimes, that I was difficult to 'interpret'.

Book 17 Chapter 3 Unstable Situation at the Famous Restaurant

The House of Dong Restaurant had staircases on the southeast and northwest corners of the building connecting the three lower floors, but the staircase leading to the top floor was located in the middle. One must walked through the corridor of the third floor before one could climb onto this fourth floor.

The stairwell was enclosed in wooden railing with decorative carved pattern, surrounded by open space up to three zhang wide, which also served as the hub where corridors leading to the individual rooms converged. It gave the impression of grandeur, as well as wide-open atmosphere.

By the time Kou Zhong and the others rushed out of the corridor leading to the southern hall to the stairwell area, all four corridors were already packed with people. Li Shimin, Tuli, and the group of men under their command, were standing in a row outside the north corridor. Every one was glaring like a tiger watching its prey toward Fu Jian, who was standing by the railing, with his hands behind his back, looking down the stairwell toward the lower floor.

Xing Mofei, Wang Bo, and a group of Tuyuhun martial art masters spread out behind Fu Qian, about a zhang away, showing cold laugh on their faces. It was a tense situation [orig, with swords drawn and bows bent]; their opponent was obviously Li Shimin and Tulis side.

Among the crowd watching the excitement on the eastern corridor, Kou Zhong and the others recognized the Passionate Prince Hou Xibai and Yun Yuzhen; the others ought to be restaurant patrons who happened to be there just at the right time.

Following Fu Qians eyes, Kou Zhong and the others also cast their gaze downstairs. They saw a man lying face down on the stairs between two floors, unmoving; it was unclear whether he was dead or alive. Looking at his hat and attire, he must be a Tujue martial art master who came with Tuli.

Kou Zhong leaned over to Song Yuzhis small ear and whispered, Good Zhizhi, is that Rong Fengxiang?

Song Yuzhis pretty eyebrows were slightly knitted; she appeared a bit uncomfortable at his deliberate show of affection, yet she did not move away, simply because Liu Jing was standing on her other side, thereupon she nodded slightly as a response.

Kou Zhong was referring to a middle age man, who looked to be in good shape; his face thin, tall and lanky, a bit like Wang Bo, but his expression serious, a face that seldom smiled, but giving out the impression that he was a cool-headed and composed man.

His eyes sharp, his nose high and straight; in proportion to the rest of his face, his mouth looked a bit too big, his temples high and bulging, yet he also carried a big boss air on him.

This moment, all eyes were on Fu Qian, yet this gentleman, without the slightest degree of uneasiness, with a despising look on the corner of his mouth, which was barely discernible, spoke coldly, Tuli, if you want to fight, why should you send your subordinate to throw away his life first?

Li Shimin took a step forward and spoke indifferently, Victory or defeat is commonplace in any military operation. May I ask how does Fu Xiong view Mu Tiexiongs life or death? Other matter can be discussed later.

Surprised, Fu Qian turned his gaze toward Li Shimin; an amazed and alert expression flitted across his eyes. Frowning, he said, Who are you, Sire? Why do you speak for Tuli?

Letting out a cold snort, Tuli said, Fu Qian, you have eyes but fail to see Mt. Tai, even Qin Wang Li Shimin, formidable renown gives him authority over the whole country, you did not know, yet you still came to the Central Plains and got into this muddy water. Xiaodi really need to wipe your cold sweat for you.

Although the crowd was still unclear on why Fu Qian and Dauntless Lion Mu Tiexiong fought, but they could more or less guess that Tuli deliberately sent out Mu Tiexiong to incite trouble, but he received a lesson instead.

As for why Tuli was so unwise like that, apart from the person involved, the rest were at a loss.

Fu Qian let out a long laugh and said, I have long heard Qin Wangs name, and today I finally am able to see him. Indeed he is a dragon among men. Fu Qian pays his respect.

Whether he was talking or laughing, there was some kind of heroic charisma that look disdainfully on the whole world, which was extremely terrifying.

The most amazing thing was the dragon [young dragon with horns] beard on his face, which stuck outright, yet could make people feel that he was a thoughtful, refined man, without the shortcoming of an uncouth, reckless man of the wild.

With a hint of smile on his face, Li Shimin returned the propriety. Grandly, yet modestly he replied, Fu Xiong flattered me, Shimins really ashamed and dare not accept the honor. If Fu Xiong has no objection, Shimin would like to send someone to look at General Mus condition.

Fu Qian sneered and said, No need to do more than is required. Just let Mu Xiong lay down for a moment and then he would be able to get up by himself. Shimin Xiong please do not blame Xiaodi for showing no mercy for this lowly man; if it werent so, it would be difficult to bring everybody out here.

And then he swept his gaze around. When his eyes landed on Kou Zhong and the others, unexpectedly he smiled and nodded his head in greeting. His manner was calm, and extremely elegant.

This moment Wang Bo interjected, Please let Ol Wang give my impartial judgment: General Mu blocking our way, it was already rude, yet he also publicly insult Wangzis clansman. Wangzi made his move, it could be considered reasonable.

Tuli nodded and said, The victor is the king, the loser is the bandit; this can be called reasonable. So be it. But Old Wang ought to know the Central Plains current situation; it could be said that nothing is reasonable. Since Fu Wangzi dared to lead his troops to the east, naturally he knew that this is not the good time to go on a scenic tour.

This moment, Dong Fang suddenly appeared from nobody knows where; he said, Gentlemen, if you have anything against each other, lets talk. Please give this old man a little bit of face!

He had not yet finished, Rong Fengxiang already cut him off, Dong Laoban obviously knows that this matter is not an ordinary Jianghu dispute at all, any damage your honorable building suffer, let ol Rong take the responsibility.

This man spoke with arrogance, without giving the other party the slightest opportunity to argue.

Dong Fang was an extremely slick and sly man; he did not dare to speak too much, but was appealing for help by casting a glance toward Song Lu, while with his mouth said, Rong Laobans verbal confirmation is enough. Even if my humble building is torn down, I, Dong Fang will be able to build another one.

The tone of his voice was harsh and defiant; apparently he was disgruntled over Rong Fengxiangs big-rock-crushing-down-the-crab haughtiness.

Song Lu made his way out of the crowd; naturally Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling, Song Yuzhi and Liu Jing followed closely behind him, immediately creating a burst of chaos. When Song Lu reached the outermost row of people crowding the south corridor, this martial art master, senior figure of the Song Clan let out an ear-splitting long laughter, imbued by his strong internal energy, so that everybodys eyes were drawn toward him.

It was only then did Song Lu cupped his fist and said, Zaixia, Song Lu of Lingnan, would like of offer my humble opinion, wishing everybody to let me speak it out.

Forget about he demonstrating his profound internal power by his laughter, or perhaps his reputation as the Silver Dragon Song Lu; merely the fact that Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling, these two shooting-star upstarts of Wulin world, were standing on his side as his attendants, was enough to give his words some substance [orig. if thrown on the floor, it will make a sound], so that people would not dare to ignore him.

Fu Qians gaze swept them; when his eyes landed on Song Yuzhi, they lit up with distinct expression of incomparable admiration. Finally they returned to Song Lu and he said in delight, Old Songs reputation filled the land under the heavens, a genuine chivalrous hero; of course ol Fu will listen.

When his eyes were fixed on Song Yuzhis flowery jade countenance, Kou Zhong, who was standing by her side, was able to sense that although on the surface she acted as if nothing happened, but her heartbeat and her pulses responded by speeding up; he could not help feeling bitter and his heart ached, knowing that toward this martial art master of Tuyuhun royalty, Song Yuzhi was unable to ignore completely.

Song Lus eyes flashed brightly, as he swept his gaze across Li Shimin, Tuli, and their men, before finally rested on Rong Fengxiang. He smiled and said, Rong Laoban, please dont take offense, we are people who are used to roam the Jianghu, we love our freedom and hold debt of gratitude and grudges in high regards, only seeking the delight of our hearts. But Dong Laoban has poured his hearts blood into this building; if we fight in here and in the end there are cooked crane or burned qin [zither], it will be a blot on the landscape. Why not we move the troops to the plaza downstairs, and continue our dispute there?

By listening to his remark, it was obvious that he did not betray Rong Fengxiangs face, but at the same time he made the opposite party difficult to refute.

Quite surprisingly, Rong Fengxiang was not angry; he only spoke indifferently, Song Xiongs advice is proper; how could Xiaodi have any objection?

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling, however, shivered inwardly. This man could either bow and submit, or stand tall [idiom from I Ching, Book of Changes]; his speech was in good taste and fitting. He was definitely an extraordinary figure.

Fu Qian laughed happily and said, Fighting anywhere shouldnt be a problem. Even in here, ol Fu can guarantee that not a single tile or a piece of wood will be damaged. Whether the opponent can do the same, this is something that is out of my control.

The crowd was in uproar; Fu Qian was so confident that he had full control of his movement.

A long laughter came from Li Shimins camp. The heroic, tall and straight Pang Yu walked out in large strides. He smiled and said, Fu Wangzis remark has stirred up Pang Yus heart that it is unbearably itchy; I cant help asking for your brilliant advice. But wed better set up the rule first: whoever accidentally damage anything will be considered lost; how about that?

If Pang Yu were from Tulis party, nobody would be the slightest bit surprised. All because in recent years the Tujues fame and power was more flourishing by the day. In their implementation of aggressive expansion policy toward their nearest neighbors on all sides, they have tied deep enmity with the Tuyuhuns.

But the speaker was unexpectedly a top martial art master from Li Shimins Heavenly Policy Mansion; hence everybody knew that this was not as simple as an ordinary quarrel between two men, but involved the great undertaking of vying over the world.

The martial art masters from Tuyuhun side were eager to give it a try; they all wanted to fight in Fu Qians place. But Fu Qian stretched his arm to block. His copper-bell like eyes glimmer with a smile, he spoke toward Li Shimin, If for some reason Pang Xiong lose control and defeated by Zaixia, would Qin Wang personally come down the arena?

The uproar immediately stopped; the place became crow and peacock made no sound, everybody wanted to know how Li Shimin would answer this challenge.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

crow and peacock made no sound - that appears to be another reference to the poem, Tianjin Bridge. Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs!

Xu Xiong, thanks for letting me know you are still around. I guess for me, your comments are so cryptic sometimes, that I was difficult to 'interpret'.
    It's because I'm not purely of 'orthodox school' Heretical...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img4.mmo.mmo4arab.com/newforum/upload//2012/02/05/1328500342486.jpg')
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs.

Yes, if that's your definition, then maybe I am.

The time you post the update, is the time I go to office, so I read them on the way while waiting for the traffic light goes green.
    And read them again while I am on break.

Can't wait for the next update!
    Last edited by wangxiaohu; 01-25-17 at 05:32 AM.

Default Book 17 Chapter 3 - Part 2

Jaya, Ysabel, HPC, spy, you are welcome. DongBin, thanks for the info. Would you like to attempt translating the poem for us? It would really be helpful. Xu Xiong, Golden Chicken Sect (Jin Ji Pai)? Xiaohu, I see. Last time I visited Jakarta was nearly 20 years ago, and at that time the traffic was already bad. I figure you have plenty of time in traffic.

Li Shimins eyes flickered with cold light. With a sharp-as-a-blade expression he stared at Fu Qian unyieldingly so that peoples heartstrings were pulled tight. Half a day later he laughed involuntarily and said, Wangzi is indeed heroic and overbearing. Since that is the case, there is no harm in Wangzi and I play a round first, lest someone says that I, Li Shimin, am using a tag-team tactic.

Even Kou Zhong had no choice but to admire greatly Li Shimins guts and poise.

This was a real hero.

It should be noted that no one had ever seen Fu Qian fighting, but just from the fact that he dared to challenge Qu Ao, and the Dauntless Lion Mu Tiexiong was still lying on the stairs, people knew that this man was not someone to be trifled with. Li Shimin dared to personally take the risk to fight hand to hand with this enigmatic Fu Qian, he was definitely not a coward.

The crowd began to applause; obviously they also admired Li Shimin from the heart.

Tuli, who was an expert in playing with words, did not interrupt; he vaguely adopted the sitting on the mountain and watch the tigers fight stance.

From Li Shimins side, Yuchi Jingde and the others did not show the slightest hint of uneasiness; apparently they all had full confidence in Li Shimins skill.

Fu Qian nodded his head approvingly. With his hands behind his back, he spoke calmly, Qin Wang need not have any misgivings. I created the Fu Yang Qigong[1], a special technique to bring out the hidden-beneath-the-surface breathing potential. One person or ten, there wont be much difference. If by luck I win a round against Pang Xiong, it would give me the chance to warm up. The one taking unfair advantage is Xiaodi, not Shimin Xiong at all.

As soon as he said that, the crowd was in uproar again. On the surface he was extremely modest, but beneath the surface there was an air of arrogance and insulting insinuation, hidden inside the heroic spirit that consider himself unexcelled in the world.

Pang Yu laughed aloud, and took three steps forward, so that he was only about a zhang away from Fu Qian. Cupping his fist in salute, he said, Since Wangzi already uttered such a heroic words, please forgive Pang Yu for his brazen offense. Wangzi, please bestow your enlightenment.

This martial art master of the Heavenly Policy Mansion looked like a jade tree standing against the wind; his sharp aura radiated all around, giving the crowd a good impression.

Li Shimin laughed and said, Since that is the case, Shimin can only stand on the side happily enjoying the show!

And so it was decided that the fight of Fu Qian versus Pang Yu was inevitable.

This moment Tuli suddenly let out a long laugh and said, If there is indeed the opportunity, for the next round, would Qin Wang let me experience this Wangzi, whom I have admired for a long time?

This move was Tulis attempt to redeem his face from his subordinate suffering disgrace under Fu Qians hands.

Nobody had ever imagined that the House of Dong Restaurant stairwell area would suddenly become the arena were leaders of all parties contending for hegemony of the world to score victory.

If either Fu Qian or Tulis side was defeated, their momentum would suffer great damage, it might even be difficult for them to escape unscathed.

The moment Li Shimin and Fu Qian have yet to respond, Kou Zhong suddenly laughed aloud and said, Really interesting. Things have come to this, would either Wangzi or Qin Wang give Xiaodi the opportunity to have a round as well?

Inwardly Xu Ziling was severely shaken, realizing that Kou Zhong has made up his mind not to let Li Shimin leave this place alive.

And it was difficult for Li Shimin to decline Kou Zhongs challenge.

On Li Shimins side, all the martial art masters had their countenance slightly changed. All their eyes were turned toward Kou Zhong, evidently they were quite apprehensive toward him.

Song Yuzhis fragrant heart was shaken as well. It was precisely Kou Zhongs heroic spirit, which fear nothing in Heaven or Earth that made her love and hate him at the same time; she was quite out of her wits.

Ever since the assassination of Green Dragon Ren Shaoming, up to the stealing of the Jade Annulus of He Clan from the tigers head, he had always displayed this kind of fearless spirit.

Huh?

A womans surprised exclaim came from below, followed by her voice, Who sealed General Mus six meridians using innate qi power that he lies down in here?

Actually, the lower floor was also packed with spectators, its just that nobody dared to approach the stairs. And this woman took this precise moment to walk over toward Mu Tiexiong, and cut off whatever response Li Shimin was going to give to Kou Zhong. Everything was in direct agreement with the Art of War: not only she acted as the buffer between Kou Zhongs challenge and Li Shimin, but Kou Zhongs momentum was weakened as well.

The crowd could not help pressing forward a few steps, wanting to look down. They saw a beautiful woman with unique personality traits, lightly kicking Mu Tiexiong, who was lying face down on the stairs. Mu Tiexiongs legs shook, he moaned lightly, and sat up with blank expression on his face.

Fu Qians eyes flickered with strange flashes; he could not hide the astonished expression on his face. Miss is able to see through Zaixias technique, it is indeed out of the ordinary; is it possible for you to reveal your fragrant name? he asked.

The beauty raised her pretty face to look up, while her right palm, rapid-wiyhout-equal, slapped Mu Tiexiongs back a dozen times in succession. The latters eyes immediately regained their liveliness; he quickly closed his eyes and circulated his inner power.

The crowd was amazed. Only now did they realize that with her kick the woman did not completely unseal Mu Tiexiongs acupoints; she could only free half of his body and make him sit up, yet she already achieved the effect of gaining the upper hand by a show of strength.

Considering now she was looking up, but her right palm, as if it had an eye of its own, accurately struck the acupoints on Mu Tiexiongs back, merely this skill was enough to bowl the crowd over.

The beauty unyieldingly met Fu Qians gaze face-to-face, aloof and remote, while replying coldly, but calmly, Qies [I, your servant; deprecatory self-reference used by women] former self has already died, and became a person without name and surname. Wangzi may address Qie as either Hong Funu [reminder: red brush lady], or Mrs. Li; either way let it be according to your esteemed opinion.

Without waiting for Fu Qian to respond, she immediately scolded tenderly, Kou Zhong, the battle between you and I just now has not yet reached final conclusion, you dare to challenge Qin Wang based on what?

Kou Zhong looked at Li Shimin and said with a wry smile, Xiaodi concedes; I take back the remark I made just now. Saozi [sister-in-law], please let Xiaodi off.

The tone of his words seemed like a sign of weakness, but nobody had the impression that he was afraid of Hong Funu. Even those who did not know the background story could guess that for some reason he did not wish to fight with this beauty.

Xu Ziling sighed inwardly. Only he knew best Kou Zhongs sentiment. Despite the fact that they had reason to hate Li Jing, when all is said and done, their brotherhood could not be erased that easily, so how could they harm her by being ruthless to her? Besides, against such martial art master like Hong Funu, being lenient was not much different than committing suicide.

Fu Qian shook his head and said with a sigh, A true hero among women, worthy of my admiration. Mrs. Li, please come up!

Her countenance as calm as still water, Hong Funu walked slowly up the flight of steps.

By the time she reached the circle of Li Shimins people, Fu Qian already took off his outer robe, revealing an intimidatingly magnificent upper body. Letting out a long laughter, he said, I wonder what kind of weapon Pang Xiong is going to use.

Pang Yu replied indifferently, Weapons are inauspicious objects, not suitable to be used in here; why not let us play with our fist and feet? Wangzi, what do you think?

This man was worthy to be the figure whose name shook Guanzhong; his words concealed a blade, he seized the key moment and grasped the initiative.

Fu Qian smiled and said, Auspicious or not, it is only in ones mind. Since Pang Xiong already has this refined and elegant attitude of the mind, ol Fu has another proposal.

Everybody only felt strangely compelled to focus their attention and listen respectfully.

Kou Zhong whispered in Song Yuzhis ear, Above, the battle is over the heart; below, the battle is over power. Good Zhizhi, are you moved by this man because of this?

Ah!

Song Yuzhis elbow heavily struck Kou Zhongs flank, but she did not pay attention to him.

Because of the noise, Fu Qians eyes momentarily flashed toward the two; there was a glimmer of laughter on his gaze. In return, Kou Zhong flashed him a bitter smile.

On the contrary, Pang Yus eyes had never left Fu Qian; he said in heavy voice, Wangzi, please bestow your advice.

Everybody quickly bent their ears to listen respectfully.

[1] Fu Yang Qigong. This is kind of difficult to translate concisely. Fu lie low/crouching or overcome/subdue, but also the same character of Fu Qians surname. Yang raise or bring up (children or animals) or support. Qigong a system of deep breathing exercise.

Thanks foxs