Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Default Book 16 Chapter 6 - Part 1

Jaya, Ysabel, you are welcome. DongBin, Sky, you might not like the outcome though. Chowbeng, whiteskwirl, with your permission, Id like to amend my source with the additional information you provided. Please kindly let me know if you do NOT want me to use it. Xu Xiong, thanks for sharing.

Book 16 Chapter 6 Fractured Relationship

Ba Fenghan turned his gaze from the building on the other side of the garden, he spoke contemplatively, In this kind of breaking-a-new-ground decisive battle, it is obvious that Fu Qian wants to establish his might in one fight. I dont understand why he has such a high confidence. Qu Ao has made his name for decades, how could he be an easy target?

Xu Ziling nodded and said, If we could make Fu Qian understand that he may not necessarily triumph over Qu Ao, there is a probability that he would let Qu Ao come out for you.

Smiling wryly, Ba Fenghan said, That is easy to grasp but difficult to put into practice. Id better challenge Qu Ao directly. As long as he nodded, Fu Qian could only be a spectator on the wall.

Frowning, Xu Ziling said, Arent you going to intercept Qu Ao outside the door?

Ba Fenghan said, Supposing Qu Ao is coming with Tuli, he could simply brush his sleeve and ignore me, then I will be humiliated, what can I do to him?

Xu Ziling sighed and said, In my opinion, just let those two have their duel first! Just like your analysis, this matter can happen because both of them nodded their heads.

Ba Fenghan spoke indifferently, In that case, I can only change according to the situation.

There was a knock on the door.

Who is it? Ba Fenghan shouted.

A young womans voice replied, Daye! Maid is here to tidy up.

The two felt strange, because they had already told Cuier that unless it was an emergency, they did not want to be disturbed, why did this little maid deliberately disobey the order?

They have not yet answered, the door was pushed open, a young maid came in, and lightning fast put a letter, which had been folded into a small square, on the table, and said in a low voice, Ren Bangzhu sent me here.

Finished speaking, lightning fast she left.

Ba Fenghan unfolded the letter and read; heaving a sigh of relief he said, Princess is really resourceful, she has been brought out.

※ ※ ※

Hearing that, Li Shimin laughed aloud and said, Zhong Shao still trifles without respect, as usual. With your current skill, no poisonous wine will be able to harm you, plus I, Li Shimin, am not the kind of person who would use such trick.

Kou Zhong coughed dryly and said, Turns out good wine is just like poisonous wine. It choked me that my seven apertures [of the human head: eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth] are shooting flames.

Li Shimin happily said, I brought this from Guanzhong, it is called hou zui lie jiu [intoxicating throat strong wine].

Seeing him pouring another cup for him, Kou Zhong, still with lingering fears, said, What are we drinking for this time?

Li Shimin smiled and said, This second cup is for Wang Shichong. If he did not have you to help him, perhaps he would become a lone army painstakingly defending Yanshi, but now he had a great chance of defeating Li Mi instead. Presently Zhong Shao has become a person with great influence and plays a critical role left and right.

Kou Zhong said, Actually, saying that we drain our cups for Li Shimin is more fitting.

Li Shimin spoke seriously, If you want to toast, you should toast my Die. Ay! Sometimes I really dont know my relationship with you. If you are willing to change your mind and exert yourselves for our Li Family, I, Li Shimin, am willing to guarantee with my head that we cant possibly treat the two of you meagerly.

Kou Zhongs eyes shone with divine light; he slowly said, By saying that, Shimin Xiong has decided not to accept inferior status.

Li Shimins eyes also lit up; he spoke in heavy voice, This matter is too early to tell. Right now the world situation is getting more and more divided, as clear as the strive for Guanxi and Guandong. In my capacity as a friend, may I ask you a question? How much chances do you have against Li Mi?

Calmly, Kou Zhong replied, Ill tell you the answer the day after tomorrow.

Li Shimin appeared to be pondering over something, but he did not press on. He said, Li Mis fierce generals are certainly as numerous as clouds, but among them, there is one you must not neglect.

Frowning, Kou Zhong said, Are you referring to Wang Bodang or Pei Renji?

Li Shimin slowly shook his head; he said, Although these two mens reputation is resounding, they cant match Xu Shiji. This man entered Wagang Army when he was seventeen, and currently holding the post of Right Wuhou Great General; very resourceful and decisive, predicts enemys movement like a deity, each attack subdues the enemy. Moreover, he is modest and sincere, strict with self but lenient with others, hence he can make officers and soldiers follow orders. A truly rare talented field commander.

Stunned, Kou Zhong said, Turns out he is like that; fortunately you reminded me. That year, because at Xingyang he was unable to do anything to us, plus he is Shen Luoyans lover, all along I did not take him seriously. What a close call!

After staring at him with mysterious expression on his eyes for a moment, Li Shimin heaved a deep sigh and said, People who are willing to accept others advice like Zhong Shao, I, Li Shimin, have to admit that I lack that quality; I must learn from you well.

For the first time that night Kou Zhong revealed a sad look on his face; smiling ruefully, he said, Arent you also able to absorb good things from others? When people who cant listen to others admonishment became the Emperor, they would be like Yang Guang, just another muddleheaded ruler. Ay! If it were peacetime, you and I will surely be close friends; at least we cant be enemies.

Li Shimin stared blankly at the clear liquor in his cup; he said in low voice, That being said, you are determined to take the Duke Yangs Treasure out!

Kou Zhong did not answer, but asked a question instead, This time we meet, is Li Jing aware of it?

※ ※ ※

Lowering his voice, Xu Ziling asked, How did she do it?

While still reading the letter, Ba Fenghan replied, Dong Ming flagship was ready to sail tonight anyway, hence they already cleared the security at the gate, and thus did not arouse other peoples suspicion.

Finished reading, he handed the letter to Xu Ziling.

The letter only had very few characters, it was written in code words of the black way, and there was no signature. Even if it fell into other peoples hand, they would be unable to make any sense of it.

Having the weight off his mind, Xu Ziling breathed a sigh of relief, and then applying his power he kneaded the letter and turned it into powder. Sitting back comfortably into his chair, he sighed and said, This time we beat the odd. Yin Gui Pai might fly into a rage out of humiliation, they will take drastic measures.

Laughing coldly, Ba Fenghan said, I dont care if its Yin Gui Pai or Dugu Clan, both harbor sinister design in their hearts. Cooperation like the one just now, may be done once and once only.

After a short pause, he went on, Only Tuli and Qu Aos cooperation is unusually rare. Tujue and Tieles relationship has never been a harmonious one.

Xu Ziling said, If you leave Luoyang alone, arent you afraid Tuli and Tuoba Yu might team up to chase and kill you?

Remaining calm and unruffled in the midst of chaos, Ba Fenghan said, I really hope they would do that. Only under this kind of circumstance would I be able to progress continuously. If I can lure them away, it would also be beneficial for the two of you.

And then, looking up, he exclaimed in low voice, Someones up there!

He had not even finished speaking, a shadow flashed. Someone somersaulted toward the balcony, and then sneakily entered the room.

※ ※ ※

Li Shimins pair of tiger-eyes was flashing brightly, but the tone of his voice remained flat; he said, Whether Li Jings aware or not, what does it have to do with us?

Kou Zhong laughed calmly. He said, I just want to ask Shimin Xiong one thing: last night when Wang Shichong issued the curfew, did the idea come from Shimin Xiong?

Li Shimins shoulders and back straightened up slightly, immediately he emitted a powerful, overbearing, yet invisible aura. Laughing aloud, he said, Well guessed. If Xiaodi denied, it would be too uninteresting.

Kou Zhong laughed involuntarily; shaking his head, he said, Qin Wang is really a good friend. Under the circumstances, we could not escape even if we wanted to.

Li Shimin spoke indifferently, How could Kou Zhong be a coward? Since you have the guts to stroke the tigers whiskers, naturally you are not afraid of the tiger!

And then he spoke heavily, Why was Ziling Xiong unwilling to come with you to see me?

Staring at him coldly, Kou Zhong said, Based on Qin Wangs ability and wisdom, you ought to be able to guess the reason.

Li Shimin was silent for half a day. His eyes revealed a hurting look; he sighed and said, Was it because he is unwilling to witness you and I negotiate the breaking of our relationship and becoming enemies instead?

Kou Zhongs expression became incomparably grim, his eyes shone brightly. Staring hard at Li Shimin, he said, The moment I step out of the door, Qin Wang need not consider us with old affection. The fact is, you have already dealt with us. In this chaotic world, not only friends can become enemies, father and son, older and younger brothers, will inevitably become a foe. Qin Wang ought to have particular experience in this regard.

Li Shimin raised his cup and let out a long laugh; he said, You have aspiration! Let this king toast Kou Xiong one cup. The moment you step out the door, I will deal with you with all my strength, in no way will I be lenient to you, because you and Ziling Xiong are the persons I, Li Shimin, think most highly of.

Kou Zhong raised his cup to return the toast, I wonder if Qin Wang has several hundred of saber and axe masters waiting outside the door to kill me!

Li Shimin nearly sprayed his wine out; laughing in spite of himself, he said, You trust me enough to come and see me, how could I treat you with injustice?

Ding!

The two cups clinked against each other.

These two outstanding figures who were destined to dominate the world in spite of the wind and the clouds [i.e. unstable situation], finally separated.

※ ※ ※

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks for Foxs....the honour is mine Poor LSM, he has to deal with KS
    Last edited by chowbeng; 12-19-16 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

why he has such a high confidence > such high
    who would use such trick > such a trick
    as the strive for Guanxi and Guandong > strife
    How much chances do you have > chance
    currently holding the post of Right Wuhou > holds
    each attack subdues the enemy > subduing
    we beat the odd > odds
    both harbor sinister design > designs
    eyes revealed a hurting look > hurt or hurtful?
    will inevitably become a foe > become foes
    Qin Wang has several hundred of > hundreds

Ha, Kou Zhong does not hold anything back in his meeting, bluntly speaking his mind. I can't believe Ba Fenghan has such inhuman stamina (or confidence) to seek duels with two masters. Those guys must have fast recovery methods.

So, the 25th is getting closer... Quickly, wishing everyone happy times
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/2c/9e/c92c9e3f136986982f3481eb86c1d060.jpg')
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs.

I dont think LSM set a trap for KZ. He probably just wanted to meet and draw the line. The next time they meet, they will be enemies.

Why does KZ care whether or not LJ is aware of the meeting?

Thanks foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    why he has such a high confidence > such high
    who would use such trick > such a trick
    as the strive for Guanxi and Guandong > strife
    How much chances do you have > chance
    currently holding the post of Right Wuhou > holds
    each attack subdues the enemy > subduing
    we beat the odd > odds
    both harbor sinister design > designs
    eyes revealed a hurting look > hurt or hurtful?
    will inevitably become a foe > become foes
    Qin Wang has several hundred of > hundreds

Ha, Kou Zhong does not hold anything back in his meeting, bluntly speaking his mind. I can't believe Ba Fenghan has such inhuman stamina (or confidence) to seek duels with two masters. Those guys must have fast recovery methods.
    Wang Tong... Good to see you again.... Where have you been?

Default Book 16 Chapter 6 - Part 2

Jaya, Ysabel, HPC, Lao Qianbei, you are welcome. Chowbeng, thanks. Kowloon, thanks. Xu Xiong, thanks. (All three for different reasons. ) Sky, I guess deep down he was still thinking of their brotherhood. Xiaohu I dont know what to say. Anyway, here's the end of Chapter 6.

Regaining their composure, Xu Ziling and Ba Fenghan turned to look. Turned out it was the scholarly and distinguished Passionate Prince Hou Xibai.

This handsome master shook his Beautiful Women Fan [I have a hard time finding a good English term that will sound elegant, but concise and convey the original Chinese meaning. Any ideas?], with an immensely pleased-with-himself expression on his face. It was plain as day that he leaped onto the roof and vaulted over the wall rather than going through the proper way, yet he acted as if he was an honored guest who entered the room via the main door.

Eh? Where did Kou Xiong go?

Frowning, Ba Fenghan said, Hou Xiong came here this time, I wonder for what purpose?

Hou Xibai calmly sat down, looked at the two men, and smiled. These two nights Xiaodi unceasingly tracked the Yin Gui Pai female demon, and have had some good results, he said, I wonder if two gentlemen are interested to know?

Xu Ziling replied indifferently, Hou Xiong, please speak up.

Hou Xibai said, Frankly speaking, I obtained a bit of success by accident. After Feixuan retreated to Jing Chanyuan [sic], Ive been lingering outside the Dhyana Hall, and accidentally saw a Yin Gui Pai female demon came to poke her nose around; thereupon I trailed her secretly. Can you guess where she finally went?

Ba Fenghan crossly said, And how do you think we should guess?

Hou Xibai laughed calmly and said, It is difficult to guess. She went to Rong Fengxiangs mansion house. She came into the inner courtyard and has not come out since then.

Xu Ziling said, How could Hou Xiong be so sure that she is a Yin Gui Pai female demon?

Hou Xibai replied, If she was not Yin Gui Pai people, why would she check Feixuans condition? Moreover, her qinggong is extremely sophisticated; I was nearly unable to keep up with her.

What did she look like? Ba Fenghan asked.

Hou Xibai replied, Her hood was covering her face, but looking at her figure, I know that not only she is young, she is also a first-class beauty.

Ba Fenghan mused, This man Rong Fengxiang is indeed not simple. He is closely related to Yang Xuyan, and her daughter Rong Jiaojiao is one of the Luoyang beauties, and now he is sitting on Luoyang Bangs Da Longtou [big boss] throne. He is in the limelight, and for the time being has no equal.

Hou Xibai sighed and said, If I met her, I would be able to recognize her in just one glance. Too bad even after waiting outside the Rong Mansion all day, I did not come across her at all.

Xu Ziling said, Thats easy. The day after tomorrow is Rong Fengxiangs big birthday celebration. At that time, you could come to the Rong Mansion with the pretext of offering a birthday congratulations [to an elderly person], and try to recognize her. Question is: after you recognize her, and then what?

Hou Xibai said, Then we can try to abduct her to extort confession from her mouth. With her skill, her position within Yin Gui Pai cant be low. As long as we know where Wanwan is hiding, we can inflict her some heavy damage, and get rid of this great evil on behalf of Feixuan.

Ba Fenghan laughed and said, Even if you really have the heart to ruthlessly destroy a flower, it would work only if Wanwan did not have any intention to run away and risking her life to fight with all her might. Or else, even though the four of us join hands to surround her, we still do not have any confidence to hold her down. Moreover, Yin Gui Pai people are secretive; somebody like Wanwan, who is obviously a leader within the Sect, how could she let her subordinate to know where she is?

Xu Ziling said, Actually, there is one readily available female demon, and capturing her is very easy. She is Xiangyang Chengzhu [city master] Qian Duguans beloved concubine Bai Qinger. But we must not touch her, so as to avoid beating the grass to scare the snake, and thus breaking out the trail.

Smiling wryly, Hou Xibai said, Looks like you are not too enthusiastic toward Yin Gui Pai!

Ba Fenghan laughed and said, Yin Gui Pais foundation is very deep, their strength is hard to fathom. Under present circumstances, we can only counter every move. Hou Xiong investigated Yin Gui Pai all over the place like this, you yourself must be a bit more careful.

Zip! Hou Xibai folded up his Beautiful Women Fan, and laughed proudly, I really wish they [feminine] would come to me, he said.

And then he added, I have another information that seemingly has nothing to do with this matter; would two gentlemen be interested in knowing?

Ba Fenghan said, Hou Xiong, please speak up.

Hou Xibai hesitated for half a day before finally saying, I saw Luoyan secretly meeting Wang Bo.

Both men were stunned.

Hou Xibai sighed and said, Actually, no matter who Luoyan is seeing, I did not plan on saying anything. But Wang Bo had announced publicly that he did not want to be drawn into the struggle among the warlords vying for supremacy, yet he had a private meeting with Luoyan for the entire sichen [i.e. 2 hours]. The outside appearance differs from the inner reality, making me really suspicious.

Ba Fenghan nodded and said, This information is very useful. How did you find out about it?

Hou Xibai said, When I was waiting outside the Rong Mansion, I saw a carriage leaving. Although I could not see whos inside, but from the scent I picked, I knew it was Luoyan.

Ba Fenghan sighed and said, Your skill in recognizing the scent of a woman is indeed number one under the heavens.

Hou Xibai was unwilling to pass on his responsibilities to others; he said, I am afraid it has to be included in the list of amazing skill and consummate art. Anyway, at that time my heart was uneasy; Luoyan saw me, yet why didnt she greet me? Thereupon I tailed her along, and found out about this matter. Wang Bo appeared to be trying to win over Jing Nian Chanyuan, but in my opinion he is harboring unfathomable motives; perhaps it will bring harm to Feixuan?

It was only then did the two realize why he was willing to betray her close female friend Shen Luoyans secret.

Hou Xibai suddenly stood up and said, I still need to say hello to someone else. Excuse me!

The two looked at each other in bewilderment.

This handsome man came in a peculiar way, and he left in even more peculiar way.

※ ※ ※

As Kou Zhong was stepping down the stairs, someone called from behind in low voice, Xiao Zhong!

Kou Zhong swiftly turned around and looked up, his eyes flickered with cold light, he spoke heavily, You still have the face to see me!

The Fan of XXX(Unmatched,fabulous,superb, etc) Beauties?? Or maybe even simply as Beauties Fan. Thanks Foxs for your hardwork!

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

SLY is a busy bee. She seems to have all sort of different relationships with different men.

Is that LJ coming to greet KZ? Should be an interesting meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by chowbeng View Post
    The Fan of XXX(Unmatched,fabulous,superb, etc) Beauties??
    I cant help but laughed at your Fan of XXX comment. HXB is quite an entertaining fella.

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    Wang Tong... Good to see you again.... Where have you been?
    I'm not worthy... I mainly lurk and read foxs fabulous translations. Too busy (lazy) to post these days. For the Fan translation, I like the Chinese [English] format. For Li Jing I can't shake the feeling that he betrayed the bros again by revealing the Jade Annulus status to Li Shimin. Just another disappointment block to stack, along with Susu's heartbreak.

Default Book 16 Chapter 7 - Part 1

Chowbeng, how about Fan of Beauties? DongBin, HPC, Jaya, Ysabel, you are welcome. Sky, I missed it, whats so funny? Kowloon, thanks for your input anyway.

Book 16 Chapter 7 The Heart of a Beauty

Stunned, Li Jing said, What did I, Li Jing do, that after so many years not seeing each other, and now we barely meet, you already said such thing?

Kou Zhong replied in anger, Whatever you do, Sire ought to be well aware. In vain we regarded you as a brother, but in order to curry favor with your Master you betrayed us.

Li Jing went two steps down the stairs, and stood face to face with Kou Zhong. His countenance changed, he said, Who do you think I, Li Jing, am? How could I betray brothers and friends for fame and fortune? Tell me clearly.

Kou Zhong took two steps back toward the intersection between the stairs and the corridor in order to avoid blocking the way. Turning around to face Li Jing, who was following behind him, he said, Unless you revealed to Li kid about Xiao Ling has a mask, how could Li kid be so certain that we stole the Jade Annulus of He Clan?

Li Jing was slightly startled. He was frowning for half a day; and then he sighed, and said with a wry smile, Just consider that I did mention it! But I really dont understand, what good would stealing the Jade Annulus of He Clan do to you?

Kou Zhong spouted fire, What do you mean just consider that you mentioned it? In Su Jies affair, it was very difficult for us to argue with you, at most we can only say that you did not remember kindness, coveting the new forgetting the old

Shut up! Li Jing angrily thundered, The more you talk the more excessive you are.

Two pretty maids, who happened to walk by, were scared that they promptly quickened their steps, for fear that if the two men fought, it would bring disaster to the fish in the moat.

Fortunately the entire Tingliu Pavilion was clamorous with all kinds of noises shaking the heavens, so that even if the two were shouting and screaming, it would not be particularly noticeable.

Li Jing suddenly sighed, his voice turned gentle, It doesnt matter how the two of you misunderstood me, from beginning to end I always regard you and Xiao Ling as my good Xiongdi, all of us have been through life and death friendship. Besides, do you even know the consequences of offending Qin Wang?

Kou Zhong also returned to his calm demeanor. He laughed coldly and said, Youd better stop regarding us as Xiongdi, otherwise when your Master want you to deal with us, how are you going to answer him? The time that we are in, there are only friends and enemies. Ay! I seldom got this angry, because all along I have trusted you, but you have made me so disappointed.

Li Jing was upset; he said, Can you not being hopelessly muddled in this matter? Right now this matter has reached its most dangerous phase. One wrong step, bloodshed will happen, and it would be very difficult to redeem.

Frowning, Kou Zhong said, This matter has begun to be difficult to redeem; are you still so nave as to think that youd be able to have us hand over the Jade Annulus of He Clan to you, and bow before Li kid? You underestimate me, Kou Zhong, too much.

Li Jings eyes flickered with cold rays, showing off his dauntless power, as he spoke in heavy voice, I am very clear of Qin Wangs conduct, how he handles affairs decisively. Once he determines that you are his enemy, he will spare no effort in dealing with you.

Kou Zhong laughed calmly; he said, Apparently I know better about Li kids mind that you do: he is afraid of Li Mi far more than he is afraid of me, Kou Zhong; therefore, one day Li Mi did not collapse, he has no interest in dealing with me.

Li Jing shook his head, You are wrong, he said, You and Xiao Ling are two figures who are able to make him fear and admire at the same time. Moreover, the way you stole the Jade Annulus of He Clan exposed your sharp point too much, and thus deepening his misgivings even more, to say nothing of your involvement in the Duke Yang Treasure. Ay! If you are willing to trust me this one last time, leave Luoyang immediately, go back to the south. Perhaps you might enjoy bright sunny days for a few more days.

Kou Zhong waited for a group of servants passing by, before speaking in displeasure, What wind and waves I, Kou Zhong, have never been through, that I would need you to remind me? Right now, who doesnt want to take our lives, yet we are still getting by in relaxed and happy manners?

Li Jing earnestly gave him a well-meaning advice again, Its just because you have not formally fought hand-to-hand against him. Presently Ning Daoqi and Shi Feixuan, these top martial art masters from the orthodox way, have vaguely become his supporters. On top of that, based on the sharpness of his strength, there has been hardly anybody in the world who could oppose him. Furthermore, your own wings have not grown yet. Opposing him openly is no different than throwing your lives away. Why dont you go quicker?

Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, I am going! But I am going back to my room. Sharpen your sword! Next time we meet, we are not Xiongdi anymore.

Raising his head high, he walked away.

※ ※ ※

A sweet sounding female voice was heard outside the door, Is Kou Zhong here?

Xu and Ba, two men, recognized the voice as belonging to Song Yuzhi. Xu Ziling responded, Kou Zhongs not here, but hell be back soon. San Xiaojie [third miss], please come in and have a seat.

Because of the questionable way Kou Zhong was using emotion to gain loyalty, Xu Ziling was very scared to face Song Yuzhi. However, in terms of sensibility and courtesy, he simply had to invite her in to sit down.

Ba Fenghan rose up to his full height and said, Why dont you and San Xiaojie have a chat? I need to go down to the street to get fresh air.

Xu Ziling trembled inwardly, knowing that after careful reflection, Ba Fenghan still determined to intercept Qu Ao on the street.

Ba Fenghan pulled open the door, and smiled at Song Yuzhi, who was standing erect outside the door, and nodded to beckon her in. After she gracefully stepped inside, he mumbled his farewell and went away.

Responding to Xu Zilings urging, she sat down and spoke awkwardly, Am I disturbing you guys?

Xu Ziling sat down across the table from her. After pouring her a cup of fragrant tea he smiled and said, How can that be? We came in too late to welcome you. Ba Xiong just have some other important matter, hence he seized the opportunity to slip out!

Looking pensive, Song Yuzhi said, Its really surprising that you and Ba Fenghan could become friends, considering he is the kind of person who is extraordinarily cold and detached toward others.

And then, after staring at him deeply for quite a while, she said in astonishment, Your changes are more formidable than Kou Zhongs!

Xu Ziling was stunned, What changes? he asked.

Song Yuzhi said, Its some kind of changes that are hard to describe, not only in outward appearance, there is also personality traits, a kind of ethereal, pure and limpid feeling. The Secret to Long Life is indeed out of the ordinary.

Xu Ziling inwardly thought that it ought to be the Secret to Long Life plus the Jade Annulus of He Clan; but he did not wish to discuss this matter further, thereupon he changed the subject by asking, San Xiaojie seems to be concerned about Kou Zhong?

As soon as he said that, he regretted it already.

Smiling wryly, Song Yuzhi said, If I denied, I would have said it without meaning it. But please dont misunderstand. To me, you and Kou Zhong do not differ much; perhaps because we have worked together and have spent some time together in the past, or perhaps because I admire your style in doing things, hence I always feel that the two of you are Yuzhis friends, and thus worry about you.

Xu Ziling scrutinized her flowery jade countenance. He said, San Xiaojie appears thinner.

Song Yuzhis pretty face blushed slightly, but quickly revealed a fleeing sad [orig. hidden bitterness, secret grudge] expression, as she hung her cicada head down and said softly, You ought to know, there is no way I can marry Kou Zhong. This intention has never changed.

Stunned, Xu Ziling said, I thought you regarded Kou Zhong with different, unusual perception!

Song Yuzhi raised her head to meet his gaze, her pretty eyes shot penetrating, clear and bright rays, her pretty eyebrows slightly knitted as she said, We have not seen each other for a long time, why do you have such thought?

Xu Ziling could not resist replying, After seeing you last night, Kou Zhong returned with spring breeze on his face, hence the reason I had this misconception.

Song Yuzhi gazed deeply at him for half a day; finally she shook her head resolutely and said, Not only I have not changed my perception on him, I have not changed my treatment toward him, and I even hate him more than I did.

Staring blankly, Xu Ziling said, You hate him more?

Song Yuzhi nodded and said, A woman can be sincere toward a man, or she can be critical and sensitive. Although Kou Zhong is adept in using sweet speech and honeyed words, but from his conduct and action, it is very easy to detect that his mouth does not agree with his heart.

Hearing that, Xu Ziling was confused, but he had to admit that he neither understood nor comprehended the load in a womans heart; therefore, he humbly asked for advice, From which action of his did San Xiaojie find something was not right?

Song Yuzhi solemnly replied, I can tell you that, but you must promise not to tell Kou Zhong.

Xu Ziling sighed. Very well! he said, I promise.

Song Yuzhi took her eyes away from him, she looked pass his shoulder toward empty space outside the balcony, which was surrounded by four multi-story buildings that were as bright as daytime. She spoke emotionlessly, He has never taken the initiative to look for me, even never asked how to find me. If just as he said, he really considered me important, why he had never considered my wish and desires? Just from this point, I know he does not have me in his heart.

Xu Ziling was dumbstruck and was unable to reply.

But in his heart he was thinking: if from time to time he thought about certain woman, would he want to see her again?

The first one floating in his mind was Susus jade countenance, and then Sister-in-law Zhen [Book 1 Chapter 2], whose fragrant footprint was unknown. But these memories had nothing to do with the relationship between a man and a woman.

And then their images blurred away, replaced by an image that appeared in the lake of his heart, Shi Feixuans out-of-the-mundane-world, free-from-vulgarity jade countenance. He could not help being shocked. Could it be that he had fallen in love with her?

But then he felt that it was not the case. It was simply because she had given him the most profound, unforgettable impression. Nothing more.

Smiling bitterly, Song Yuzhi said, But Yuzhi has to admit that when I am with you guys, I always have exciting and moving feeling. Ay! Time slips by so quickly.

Thanks foxs