Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lydia Shum - 1947 - 2008

Sad news- she was a very funny compere, and did quite a few cool roles in HK comedies back in her day. I believe those light-hearted roles will be what she is best remembered for!

I'm really sad to learn that Fei Fei has passed away in Hong Kong. I have been seeing her on TVB about several times; however, she is gone forever. Anyway, my heart goes to her daughter, Joyce Cheng, and the rest of her family.
    Dreams Above the Forever Sky

This is so sad.... I grew up watching her on TVb shows. I love her. I hope things will be fine with her daughter, Joyce.... To loose her grandmother, and now her mom....

RIP Lydia.....
    ~True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.~

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    poor yan yee...

she's all alone. from her childhood interviews, i sense a hesitation against her dad's side of the family, especially the siblings. she always questioned why they had full custody of the father and she didn't even get phone calls.
    i dislike her father greatly, he's what i call, "ball-less jerks."

i hope tvb present some special segments on her behalf. she's contributed a lot to the industry. i remember, she's one of the individuals mentioned in leslie cheung's good-bye letter.
    he doesn't stand up for himself, neglected responsibility of his daughter, skewed priority, coward...
    You should read Joyce Cheng Yan Yee's blog then. Especially this entry:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4b0e19ef01000d1x.html

She expresses how proud she is to be her father's daughter and how alike they are, despite not living under the same roof and only meeting a couple times a year. It can't be helped if her father is a famous celebrity actor & singer. This is true for most kids with divorced parents, they see more of one parent than the other because they lead separate and busy lives. Joyce seems independent to me, and working hard to lose weight. She looks much thinner than before, which proves her obesity was not hereditary. Some choose to put effort in changing their weight problems, and others just don't or think its too late to change and end up developing diseases and illnesses that originates from obesity.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-19-08 at 03:45 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447 View Post
    If he talked too much (which is not a gentleman) then people like you would say craps like, "Oh, whatever, bad excuses." When he chose not to talk much, such people still say, "He doesn't stand up for himself, what a coward." What do you want him to say then? Nothing will satisfy people who already dislike him.

You didn't even know the problems between them so I don't think you should judge him based on something that you read. Who said he neglected responsibility of his daughter? Fei Fei requested to have all of his money for the divorce and he agreed because he felt it was his responsibility. At that time he had only a few thousands with him. What I'm saying isn't based on reading crappy magazines FYI, it's from their personal interviews. Up until now, he and Joyce are still in touch and he even gave her his house keys because she's a family member. He and Fei Fei were also in contact before her death. Even both the mother and daughter have forgotten about the past, I don't understand why we should dig it out when someone is already dead.
    given that nearly 80% of the readers don't know the celebrity individually, are you implying all 80% should never place judgements on them? to take it even further, should I not form opinions on opinionated scientific studies that are not "evident truth" yet? the human mind is capable of processing data forming hypotheical conclusions.

in addition, please do not assume my sources are solely from fabricated papparazi writings, in fact, i digest many different sources over the years. fyi, my grandpa, past away recently, are close friends of fei fei and a few others involved in their past family disputes.

some people enjoy sweeping it under the rug, while others enjoy digging up the past and reminisce on the different events. i don't see anything particularly wrong with either options.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You should read Joyce Cheng Yan Yee's blog then. Especially this entry:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4b0e19ef01000d1x.html

She expresses how proud she is to be her father's daughter and how alike they are, despite not living under the same roof and only meeting a couple times a year. It can't be helped if her father is a famous celebrity actor & singer. This is true for most kids with divorced parents, they see more of one parent than the other because they lead separate and busy lives. Joyce seems independent to me, and working hard to lose weight. She looks much thinner than before, which proves her obesity was not hereditary. Some choose to put effort in changing their weight problems, and others just don't or think its too late to change and end up developing diseases and illnesses that originates from obesity.
    I'm happy for her, that she can let go of her childhood misery. Yan yee and I are about the same age, and watching her interviews in tears every time she brings up her dad saddens me. I grew up in a similar situation, hence my negativity. She had great individuals by her side aiding her, while not everyone can be as fortunate. I admire her forgiveness yet as a person coming from the same path, I know certain things can never be wiped away.

thank you for sharing that with me.

given that nearly 80% of the readers don't know the celebrity individually, are you implying all 80% should never place judgements on them? to take it even further, should I not form opinions on opinionated scientific studies that are not "evident truth" yet? the human mind is capable of processing data forming hypotheical conclusions.

in addition, please do not assume my sources are solely from fabricated papparazi writings, in fact, i digest many different sources over the years. fyi, my grandpa, past away recently, are close friends of fei fei and a few others involved in their past family disputes.

some people enjoy sweeping it under the rug, while others enjoy digging up the past and reminisce on the different events. i don't see anything particularly wrong with either options.
    I know that everyone has his/her opinion, but if each individual knows exactly what's going on then it would make his/her arguments stronger and more convincing. I didn't stop you from making your "assumptions" either. I said I "don't think" you should judge him (by calling him ball-less) based on what you've heard/read since you don't personally know him. Your grandpa was a friend of FF, it's obvious that he would side her. And due to similar situation that you've experienced, it's also not a surprise that you're against Adam. Btw, FF herself said in an interview in Taiwan that Adam was a good person and she was the one who brought up the divorce. She also added: 「鄭少秋是我的好朋友,婚姻留給我最美好的禮物,就是寶貝女欣宜。」 If these statements aren't what you heard then it's either that FF was lying in her interviews (which I doubt because she's well-known for being straightforward) or your grandfather or somebody else had misunderstood the issue. Again, that's their business. Joyce grew up living with her mother, but she still respects and looks up to her father. She knows in heart that he's not a bad father or else she wouldn't be forgiven so easily.

Well, I guess you didn't get my point. Since this thread is dedicated to FF, is made in memories of her, I don't think we should dig up the past and start blaming who was at fault and calling names.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 02-19-08 at 09:17 PM.
    ♥ Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcheng22447 View Post
    I know that everyone has his/her opinion, but if each individual knows exactly what's going on then it would make his/her arguments stronger and more convincing. I didn't stop you from making your "assumptions" either. I said I "don't think" you should judge him (by calling him ball-less) based on what you've heard/read since you don't personally know him. Your grandpa was a friend of FF, it's obvious that he would side her. And due to similar situation that you've experienced, it's also not a surprise that you're against Adam. Btw, FF herself said in an interview in Taiwan that Adam was a good person and she was the one who brought up the divorce. She also added: 「鄭少秋是我的好朋友,婚姻留給我最美好的禮物,就是寶貝女欣宜。」 If these statements aren't what you heard then it's either that FF was lying in her interviews (which I doubt because she's well-known for being straightforward) or your grandfather or somebody else had misunderstood the issue. Again, that's their business. Joyce grew up living with her mother, but she still respects and looks up to her father. She knows in heart that he's not a bad father or else she wouldn't be forgiven so easily.

Well, I guess you didn't get my point. Since this thread is dedicated to FF, is made in memories of her, I don't think we should dig up the past and start blaming who was at fault and calling names.
    i'm sorry, i'm not a worm in your body, i cannot understand your point through a few sentences you randomly threw at me.

as i mentioned previously, "he is acquainted with FF and other individuals involved." perhaps, i should rephrase and include him in now that you made another assumption on his story not being implemented. i do dislike how you undermine my analytical abilities and redefine how i place emotional factors on my responses.

as the thread originator, i don't recall limiting anyone on what they post. never did i DISS ff, i actually admire her achievements, through the good and bad in the relationship with adam cheng.

in respect, i will refrain from further commenting on my dislike of adam cheng.

i'm sorry, i'm not a worm in your body, i cannot understand your point through a few sentences you randomly threw at me.

as i mentioned previously, "he is acquainted with FF and other individuals involved." perhaps, i should rephrase and include him in now that you made another assumption on his story not being implemented. i do dislike how you undermine my analytical abilities and redefine how i place emotional factors on my responses.

as the thread originator, i don't recall limiting anyone on what they post. never did i DISS ff, i actually admire her achievements, through the good and bad in the relationship with adam cheng.

in respect, i will refrain from further commenting on my dislike of adam cheng.
    I thought it was common sense since everyone in here wanted her to rest in peace instead of making remarks about Adam. I'll be sure to explain everything clearly and in detail next time then.

Previously, you mentioned: "fyi, my grandpa, past away recently, are close friends of fei fei and a few others involved in their past family disputes." So I assumed that since he was close to Fei Fei, hence he would be biased toward her (regarding their family disputes, if he ever talked to you about it and if he was one of your "different sources over the years"). I don't understand why you said that I made another assumption on his story. My reply was solely based on your response above.

What I meant is if this thread was made in memories of Lydia Sum and her achievements, I believe everyone should respect the dead and let bygone be bygone. For sure Adam's fans would stand up for him if they saw such remarks like, "he was a ball-less jerk." Maybe I'm being sensitive, but sorry, that's human nature.
    Last edited by adamcheng22447; 02-20-08 at 03:06 AM.
    ♥ Adam