Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xu Qing

Thank you for the pics WindCross, my favourite would be those pics where her outfit is in blue, i think Xu Qing looks lovely and really striking in them.

Quote Originally Posted by WindCross View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/WindCross_album/Artists/Xu%20Qing/ad_4.jpg')

PS.: The outfits within these pictures didn't get to use in the serie.
    I dont recall seeing LYP in that outift in the series though i thought i saw Xu Qing in that pinkish-orange outift..i cant remember which part but i think it was the part RYY was just released from Shaolin and went looking for her father and LHC.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

So happy that she's in this mainland series: Heroic Legend of the Chin Dynasty 大清风云

I missd her a lot so I've just rented it

She's Kang Xi's mother and still awefully beautiful!!
    Watching it and it's great. Just like the old Kang Xi and Yong Zhen series. Xu Qing already has a very meaty role at the beginning.
    Last edited by Surferket; 10-08-07 at 10:25 AM.

Thumbs up !

Never knew this thread existed, 'till now. Awesome, and aboot time, too, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    So happy that she's in this mainland series: Heroic Legend of the Chin Dynasty 大清风云

I missd her a lot so I've just rented it

Watching it and it's great. Just like the old Kang Xi and Yong Zhen series. Xu Qing already has a very meaty role at the beginning.
    A mother, eh? Well, she can nurse and nurture me anytime she wants, if you know what I mean, hehe, haha......*ahem*.....

Anyway, the more she age, the more beautiful she becomes. Like she's found the hidden location to the fountain of youth, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by WindCross View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/WindCross_album/Artists/Xu%20Qing/2006101312475643252.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/WindCross_album/Artists/Xu%20Qing/2006101312454965818.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/WindCross_album/Artists/Xu%20Qing/200610131247657326.jpg')
    Cool, I've never seen those before. They're lovely. I never seem to get tired of looking at her pics.

Keep 'em coming, folks.

I'll post some of mine, too, when I get the chance.

Yes in this series she's acting as a young girl, then a young wife giving birth to a prince, then as the Empress Dowager to the young Emperor.
    She really doesn't look 35 at all!!!! Her two sweet dimples are as sweet as ever and her acting's really awesome in this series, more so than in XAJH since here she has to act as a lover, wife, mother as well as Empress Dowager playing deadly political games in the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyStriker View Post
    Never knew this thread existed, 'till now. Awesome, and aboot time, too, I'd say.

A mother, eh? Well, she can nurse and nurture me anytime she wants, if you know what I mean, hehe, haha......*ahem*.....

Anyway, the more she age, the more beautiful she becomes. Like she's found the hidden location to the fountain of youth, or something.

Xu Qing's character, Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang, is not Kangxi's mother but Kangxi's grandmother. Her son was Fulin (Emperor Shunzi), father to Xuanye (Emperor Kangxi). Kangxi doesn't appear in "Da Qing Feng Yun".
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 10-12-07 at 11:06 AM.

Wise Fool

haha thanks for the correction. I was getting confused watching this and thinking it's like a different retelling of the Kangxi story.
    No wonder Xu Qing's character is so strong in this story, having watched the earlier Kangxi epic where the grandmother is much revered and obeyed.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Xu Qing's character, Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang, is not Kangxi's mother but Kangxi's grandmother. Her son was Fulin (Emperor Shunzi), father to Xuanye (Emperor Kangxi). Kangxi doesn't appear in "Da Qing Feng Yun".

haha thanks for the correction. I was getting confused watching this and thinking it's like a different retelling of the Kangxi story.
    No wonder Xu Qing's character is so strong in this story, having watched the earlier Kangxi epic where the grandmother is much revered and obeyed.
    Yep, Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang is said to be a beautiful, intelligent and strong woman who unlike Empress Dowager Cixi, wasn't crazy for power and subtly aided/guided her son and grandson in state affairs. She lived through the reigns of 3 emperors, Huang Taiji, Shunzi and Kangxi.

I thought Xu Qing did a great job with the role, though some people say Ning Jing did a slightly better job in the older adaptation.

Wise Fool

It's a pity this Emperor Shunzi turned out to be so weak and soft-hearted.
    But great show and a pity there's no thread on this series.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Yep, Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang is said to be a beautiful, intelligent and strong woman who unlike Empress Dowager Cixi, wasn't crazy for power and subtly aided/guided her son and grandson in state affairs. She lived through the reigns of 3 emperors, Huang Taiji, Shunzi and Kangxi.

I thought Xu Qing did a great job with the role, though some people say Ning Jing did a slightly better job in the older adaptation.

But great show and a pity there's no thread on this series.
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18567

A pity no one seems interested to talk about the series though

Wise Fool

Not many liked China historical dramas as they are all talk and little actions. Really pity since they put so much effort into such productions.

Would anyone be kind enough to translate and briefly summarize this article in English? http://www.yn.xinhuanet.com/ent/2009...t_17544354.htm . Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mathwizard View Post
    Is Xu Qing married?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by sidv88 View Post
    Would anyone be kind enough to translate and briefly summarize this article in English? http://www.yn.xinhuanet.com/ent/2009...t_17544354.htm . Thanks.
    I'll provide a brief summary of its contents:

Xu Qing recently broke her silence on a talk show about some of the rumors that have circulated throughout her acting career and shares her personal five-year plan at the same time.

She entered Beijing Film Academy for the naive reason of pursuing an innocent romance with a guy who wanted to work in the industry in hopes that it would give them more common ground. Suffice it to say, things didn't work out.

She admits to dating millionaire Liu Bo, but they broke up after he fled to Japan after being suspected of involvement in an extortion scandal in 2003. Her name was dragged through the mud because of this incident, so she filed defamation lawsuits against the media and won.

She denies being a Japanese national: never was, isn't now, and never will be.

Already an elite actress, Xu Qing continues to hone her craft and broaden her talents. In recent years, she has traveled to the U.S. to study film and television production. Her five-year plan includes producing one film, one TV drama, and having a child -- according to her, a woman's most important "production" is her offspring.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 08-30-09 at 12:37 PM.

Thank you very much! My limited Mandarin got me to the fact she was discussing her 5 year plan, but not much else... It didn't help I knew nothing about these past references to the Liu Bo guy... I'm glad she got through ok. Wish her luck in her future plans!