Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Time Buddy ft Gallen Lo, Maggie Cheung HY, Francis Ng and Jessica Hsuan

Default Old Time Buddy ft Gallen Lo, Maggie Cheung HY, Francis Ng and Jessica Hsuan

When this series first came out, I watched like a couple of the episode and never really gave it a chance (plus I was kinda young then) so I think with more mature eyes and acceptance, I'm going to watch this series again.

It looks to be a really fun comedy.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    When this series first came out, I watched like a couple of the episode and never really gave it a chance (plus I was kinda young then) so I think with more mature eyes and acceptance, I'm going to watch this series again.

It looks to be a really fun comedy.
    I remember watching this yeah it's was funny but the bad ending IMO

I enjoy this more then stupid VOH1+2

yea i remember i've seen it, it's very fuuuuunnnnnnyyyyy, if anyone who are a big on comedy than this series is the BEST for ya. like gallen lo's acting, he acts really great. plus there are several good songs in there. it a must see series!

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    yea i remember i've seen it, it's very fuuuuunnnnnnyyyyy, if anyone who are a big on comedy than this series is the BEST for ya. like gallen lo's acting, he acts really great. plus there are several good songs in there. it a must see series!
    I totally adore Maggie Cheung Ho Yee in here. Love her coupled with Gallen. Has anyone seen "part two" as well? Old Time buddy - To Catch a Thief I think is the name. It also starred Gallen and Maggie, and replace Francis Ng and Jessica Hsuan for Gordon Lam and some other actress (dont know her name).

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    I totally adore Maggie Cheung Ho Yee in here. Love her coupled with Gallen. Has anyone seen "part two" as well? Old Time buddy - To Catch a Thief I think is the name. It also starred Gallen and Maggie, and replace Francis Ng and Jessica Hsuan for Gordon Lam and some other actress (dont know her name).
    yea i think i've seen "part 2" Old Time buddy - To Catch a Thief" already, it's quite good, yea love maggie and gallen they both make a great couple i think part 2 is not as good as part 1, i like part 1 better maybe the casts & the storyline is better than part 2.

It's interesting how they make wuxia movies with Maggie throwing a cup like a wuxia hero throwing to an opponent to invite them to a cup of wine like she has high kung fu and the other guy picks up a different cup and the cup that Maggie throws end up hitting Gallen.

And the exaggerated hand and arm gestures of wuxia characters. Hahah...and the thousands of soldiers are just a group of 5-7 guys coming back to use different weapons after they've died. Just too funny!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i dont really remember the plot..though my parents have told me before that this was one of the series where jessica was at her prettiest!!!
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

I love this show. Though I wasn't born in that era, when my parents and grandma tell me about the era and how it really was back then, watching this show was a treat.

Gallen's career really launched after this but i prefer him playing a bad guy like in Cold Blood Warm Heart. But damn, Gallen was so damn funny in this show.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

It's interesting how they make wuxia movies with Maggie throwing a cup like a wuxia hero throwing to an opponent to invite them to a cup of wine like she has high kung fu and the other guy picks up a different cup and the cup that Maggie throws end up hitting Gallen.

And the exaggerated hand and arm gestures of wuxia characters. Hahah...and the thousands of soldiers are just a group of 5-7 guys coming back to use different weapons after they've died. Just too funny!
    I cracked up when the guy with glasses character name was Kiu Fung, lol.

This is one great serie, I simply love Gallen in here. I remember I have to wait every midnite to watch it in re-run episodes, but it was worth it, I always went to sleep smiling.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

yup, at first im really hesitant of this series. but when i actually watched it, i ended up doubling in laughter many many times
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I love the acting from Francis (really think he is an underrated actor since he is always the role of a bad guy). I like the series. It is good.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I heard that Francis was supposed to be Tse Hin (Nic Tse's father) while the other 3 were also portraying older HK stars. Someone said that Maggie looked and acted exactly like the female star (who was well-liked) she was supposed to be portraying, so a lot of people adored Maggie at that time. And I do agree that Jessica Hsuan looked really pretty in this series. It was hilarious at the beginning, not to mention the catchy themesong. But the end wasn't all that great. It got a little depressing how Gallen's career didn't take off.

yes, francis acted as patrick tse, maggie cheung as chan po chu. and yes, they look very very similar gallen portrayed a guy named lee kei (?) forgot the name already but i remembered doing a little research on that back then
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I'd like to see the real life pictures of the stars they portrayed in this series.

I'd like to see the real life pictures of the stars they portrayed in this series.
    Maggie Cheung plays Connie Chan Po Chụ
    Gallen Lo portrays Lui Keị
    Francis Ng portrays Patrick Tse Yin
    Jessica Hsuan plays Josephine Shiao

ALL CREDITS GO TO THE WEBSITES I GOT THESE PICS FROM

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://robokon1234567.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ChanPoChu_TheBest.JPG')

Chan Po Chu - I must say Connie was probably a very pretty actress.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cine-hk.chez-alice.fr/Hkcine/IMAGESJ_L/portraits-SB/luikei.jpg')

Lui Kei

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/qxl_charliechin/QXL_Xiaofangfang.JPG')

Josephine Shiao - The lady who played Jet Li's mom in The Legend (Fong Sai Yuk)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/cm8750/tse_patrick_4.jpg')

Patrick Tse

Edit: Updated Josephine picture...
    Last edited by Felix; 12-14-06 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Felix. It was close enough for Gallen, Maggie and Francis.

Maggie's character was like 19 or something at the start of the series. So that picture of the actual actress is probably when she was still a teenager. Looks like it.

gallen has the gay look, and so has liu kei
    cherrie

I'm currently watching OTB - TO Catch a Thief. Anyone knows who is the actress who replaces Jessica as Siew Fong-Fong? I'm not sure if I've seen her in other TVB series.

Anyway, the 2nd OTB is also hilarious. Gordon Lam played his role very well too with Gallen. Great casts. Joyce Tang had smaller role where she played a spoilt rich girl. When she dances Ah-Go-Go, it was funny!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

thanks for bringing this series up,

i am looking for this series for long time (Old Time buddy and To Catch a Thief) but unfortunately it not available in yesasia,

could anyone recommend where to get the series? (appologies for hijacking this thread)

i am from malaysia btw.
    I Wish I Could Read Chinese!