Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Series:Wing Chun-starring Nicholas Tse, Hu Ke, Rain Li, Sammo Hung

Default New Series:Wing Chun-starring Nicholas Tse, Hu Ke, Rain Li, Sammo Hung

This Series is currently filming:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wu-jing.org/News/images/2006/2006_07_03_Wing_Chun_01_gs.jpg')

Some News:

Wing Chun TV series has begun production recently in Hengdian. Nicholas Tse, who plays the spoilt brat Leung Bik, says that he does martial arts productions mainly because of his love for kung fu. Apparently, his training has paid off, for the actors are all quite impressed of his skills, even Sammy Hung who plays his enemy says, "I think that Nicholas Tse fights better than me. He is talented, and has been training for quite a long time. I didn't train much with my father when young, and have only learned a little martial arts after I have grown up, but it's already too late."
    Sammo Hung says that he accepted the project mainly to support his son Sammy Hung, who plays the lead villain. Besides, he's taking the opportunity to reunite with his fellow classmate Yuen Biao to create another classic. Yuen Biao, who is also glad to be working with his "Big Brother" Sammo Hung again, says that basically, he is playing the same character Leung Tsan as his 81's classic The Prodigal Son. However, he was someone else's son in that movie while this time round, he plays Nicholas Tse's father.

huh...interesting...do you know if this series is gonna be about the person who actually made up the style of Wing Chun fighting, or what is it?

Obviously not. The founder of Wing Chun is a female.

-- Wing Chun --

Wing Chun TV Series, produced by Hong Kong's Universe Entertainment Ltd, will begin production soon. The martial arts comedy, which emphasises authentic martial arts sequences, stars Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao, Nicholas Ye, Rain Li, Hu Ke, Zhao Xue Fei. Wing Chun is based on 1981's kungfu film The Prodigal Son, which starred Yuen Biao, Sammo Hung, Lam Ching Ying, and Billy Chan. Sammo Hung hopes that the audience will be able to re-experience the thrills of authentic martial arts, since the films and TV series these days employ too much special effects, and martial arts scenes are but empty poses. And he also looks forward to working with Yuen Biao again.

Billy Chan, producer for the TV series, hopes to blend elements of martial arts comedies of yore with the rebelliousness of the younger generation into the drama serial. Stephen Tung Wei will be the martial arts director. To prepare for his role in the TV series, Nicholas Tse has been training in Wing Chun under the tutelage of Lai Ying Chau, Yip Man's disciple, since last November.

At the turn of 20th century, Leung Jan (Yuen Viao), will his kindness and superb medical skills, is well-loved by the the people of Foshan. His eldest son Leung Bik (Nicholas Tse), is a gifted but arrogant brat who loafs around. Owing to the founder's rules that the successor of Wing Chun must possess wisdom, compassion and valour, Leung Jaan has forbidden Leung Bik to learn the martial arts. Leung Bik runs away from home in a fit of anger. He arrives in Hong Kong and meets the mischievous Uncle Wah (Sammo Hung), a martial descendant of Wing Chun, by chance, and inadvertently picks up Wing Chun. Ko Ming, whose love for Little Bun is spurned by the latter who in turn carries a torch for Leung Bik, seeks to fight a death match against him. Ko Ming is skilled in Iron Thread Fist, taught by Master Hung Fu. Chang Jiang Daily

Quote Originally Posted by lilchilipepper
    huh...interesting...do you know if this series is gonna be about the person who actually made up the style of Wing Chun fighting, or what is it?

finally they're starting the production 've been hearing about the news long time ago. It's been long time for martial kungfu series, mostly ancient one. Well at least the latest kungfu things are the TaiCHi

TVB did a recent Wing Chun series starring Yuen Biao.

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    finally they're starting the production 've been hearing about the news long time ago. It's been long time for martial kungfu series, mostly ancient one. Well at least the latest kungfu things are the TaiCHi

ah yes, u meant The Real Kungfu? but sumtimes tvb prod is sumhow get a different 'aura' than chinese production

Cheap for one

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    ah yes, u meant The Real Kungfu? but sumtimes tvb prod is sumhow get a different 'aura' than chinese production

*nod nod* haha..

Is this still in the process of filming or is it going to air soon?

Sounds interesting from the little summary above. Besides that, I haven't seen Nicholas play a spoiled bratty character before, so this will be a fresh one for me. I'm still having a hard time imagining him being all spoiled, but he'll pull it off perfectly.

cool..
    another nic series..

who's the other girl?
    she looks like leila tong

so which part does rain li plays?
    is she and nic gonna end up together?

Wow, Nic make a lot of TV series now GOod!! I love TV series than movie. I'm look forward to see this one.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

does anyone know when it will come out?

Who's that girl on the rightmost? She looks cute. Any idea on the pairings?

Default WING CHUNG

Any news updates as to when this is being released? Can't seem to get enough of Nicholas Tse.

Found a trailer on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiKIG8k7j14

Not liking the dub on Nic's voice.

Can anyone tell me when will it release?

This looks like a great ensemble cast. Nic Tse seems to be in many period series lately; I'm not too impressed with his acting skills, but then again, I've only seen 2 of his series. Hopefully, this will be a good one.

Hearded about the serie since last year!Saw the trailer at youtube long time ago! Though it was already released! Don't know why Nic'c stuff took too much time to be release? I remembered that there's movie with Donnie Yen ans Michelle Yeoh named Wing Chun too. In the movie Michelle act as Wing Chun and Donnie as Leung Pok To, her boyfriend. Don't know if is related but anyway, I'm waiting for the release date!
    Last edited by liusing; 04-30-07 at 08:25 PM.

Default RELEASE!!

THIS IS RELEASE!!!!! AT YESASIA HERE IS THE LINK!!!! :
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004919315/

I highly doubt that this series is currently filming since Cecilia will be giving birth soon so Nicholas has either turned down or are putting some productions on hold to be there when she gives birth. He even put on hold The Three Swordsman so that he can be there for his son's birth.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.