Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 6 Mai Shen Jian Article

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Of course these are the TCM facts, I don't know how JY may have shifted or adapted them.
    Most probably 6MSJ is based on TCM principles. JY usually ensures that his novels are in accordance (or at least closely approximate) real-life laws of nature.

No, 10 holes. Where did you get 5? Oh, its cause the meridians are mirrored; ie the lung meridian exists on the left and right side of the body, so that 1 meridian of 6 exits from the left thumb, and the right thumb.

Of course these are the TCM facts, I don't know how JY may have shifted or adapted them.
    I mean using 1 hand only. I know each meridian is connected to both hands. I was specifically talking about the 2 medirian in the pinky. Am I that hard to understand?
    Last edited by kidd; 04-26-06 at 11:56 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Originally Posted by siegefried
    4. Internal energy does help in your concentration mah... as does its cultivation. Once again, what does it have to do with 6MSJ???!!! It's the practitioner I'm talking about...

5. Yea, thats why I said later on that the Duan swordsplay might be a key to unlock 6MSJ's power, same way YYZ leads to 6MSJ....
    dude, your malaysian/singaporean. me too.

actually duan yu couldn't use 6MDS properlly because he didn't concentrate properly to direct his inner power. when he focused, it worked. so it's concentration that helps inner energy.

yeah, duan swordplay is meant to improve yiyangzhi and 6MDS. on it's own, not very impressive.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Most probably 6MSJ is based on TCM principles. JY usually ensures that his novels are in accordance (or at least closely approximate) real-life laws of nature.
    Sure, I wrote that article based on JY's stuff partly. But based on what other people have been writing, I'm not sure, it seems to work differently then ive described.
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I mean using 1 hand only. I know each meridian is connected to both hands. I was specifically talking about the 2 medirian in the pinky. Am I that hard to understand?
    LOL, unfortunately you are . So your right, as far as i understand it, the 2 meridians that exit via the pinky, according to TCM, merge (actually, the small intestine channel would merge into the heart channel). So I think five fingers would produce 5 beams.

TommyH
    Unregistered

LOL, unfortunately you are . So your right, as far as i understand it, the 2 meridians that exit via the pinky, according to TCM, merge (actually, the small intestine channel would merge into the heart channel). So I think five fingers would produce 5 beams.
    wow danshu_ i guess this is the weirdest concept ever. since 5 fingers produce 5 beams then (which means 10 fingers produce 10) why it says 12 swords/beams in the initial post?

the concept of 6msj is so confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    wow danshu_ i guess this is the weirdest concept ever. since 5 fingers produce 5 beams then (which means 10 fingers produce 10) why it says 12 swords/beams in the initial post?

the concept of 6msj is so confusing...
    Cause I felt like it I said in the initial post that the small intestine channel mergers with the heart channel, so you can form your own conclusion as to whether 2 separate beams exit from 1 pinky, or whether they would merge into a single beam.

Cause I felt like it I said in the initial post that the small intestine channel mergers with the heart channel, so you can form your own conclusion as to whether 2 separate beams exit from 1 pinky, or whether they would merge into a single beam.
    Can you provide a diagram indicating all the main accupoints on the hand as well as a chart indicating the 6 meridians in the body? I really need to take a look at this.

Can you provide a diagram indicating all the main accupoints on the hand as well as a chart indicating the 6 meridians in the body? I really need to take a look at this.
    I only have books, but I checked online for a minute; this site has standard diagrams showing the pathways of the 12 main meridians (of which JY mentioned 6).

http://www.acumedico.com/meridians.htm

I only have books, but I checked online for a minute; this site has standard diagrams showing the pathways of the 12 main meridians (of which JY mentioned 6).

http://www.acumedico.com/meridians.htm
    From the charts on that web site, I see that one of the meridians (from the small intestine) lead to the top of the last finger while the other (from the heart) leads to the bottom.

I suppose this tells us that the user can project up to six beams per hand, of which 2 separate beams can be projected from the last finger.

From the charts on that web site, I see that one of the meridians (from the small intestine) lead to the top of the last finger while the other (from the heart) leads to the bottom.

I suppose this tells us that the user can project up to six beams per hand, of which 2 separate beams can be projected from the last finger.
    OK, more information concerning TCM has come to my attention. It appears that within the meridians, energy flows in a definite direction (one direction only), based on whether it is a yin or a yang meridian. In otherwords, not all meridians flow down towards the fingers, some flow up from the fingers. And that when the small intestine "merges" with the heart meridian, what that means is that energy flows down the heart meridian (a yin meridian), around the tip of the finger, and then back up the small intestine meridian (yang meridian). Another pair also does this. Then these yang meridians flowing upwards connect with the other six meridians that JY didnt mention (the ones that go down to and up from the toes). Therefore this has become VERY complicated, all the stuff written before is crap , and it's going to take alot more research to figure out how this stuff works and how it relates to 6MSJ.
    Last edited by danshu_; 04-27-06 at 11:16 PM.

Arrggghhh! Oh no!

OK, nevermind. Back to the drawing board again. Meanwhile don't discard any of your previous posts yet. They might still be of use.

Arrggghhh! Oh no!

OK, nevermind. Back to the drawing board again. Meanwhile don't discard any of your previous posts yet. They might still be of use.
    yeah, I'm gonna keep looking into it whenever I have time, and post what I find. If anybody has good info on 6MSJ from the novel, that would be helpful. As it gets more and more complicated, it also gets more and more interesting