Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6 Mai Shen Jian Article

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Can DY fire all 6 meridian swords at once? My impression was that despite his great store of internal energy, he could still only use one sword at a time. This is a limitation of the 6MSJ technique rather than DY's failings as a martial artist. Still, if one can cycle seamlessly from sword to sword that is a rather moot point.

I thought the the monks of the Celestial Dragon temple could only use one sword because their inner power was only sufficient to cultivate one meridian.
    Nah Duan Yu isn't powerful enough to fire all 6 meridians (10 fingers) at once. If he could then no one could defeat him...not even Mr. Dook Goo/Dugu.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I have a question on 6MSJ...is it just like Yiyang Finger where you shoot energy chi from your hand? What's the real difference between these two skills? Are they basically the same except that you could shoot 10 chi from all your fingers at once with 6MSJ and that they're as long as swords?
    Energy chi comes out from the Yiyang Zhi, but it is not a sword chi and also strong "yang" energy coming out from it. Yiyang Finger is very different from 6MSJ, because Yiyang Finger has the ability to cultivate and neutralise internal energy, while 6MSJ shoots out sword chi that is destructive. Yiyang Finger is the basic martial arts of the Duan Royal Family, with 6MSJ as a higher level martial arts.
    ..ext88

TommyH
    Unregistered

I still have a point that I don't understand...there are 6 meridians that represent 10 fingers...if you master 1 meridian then it isn't just 1 finger...is it?

What's the difference between a sword chi and chi? Isn't it still the same except the fact that the sword chi is probably many times more focused?

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Can DY fire all 6 meridian swords at once? My impression was that despite his great store of internal energy, he could still only use one sword at a time. This is a limitation of the 6MSJ technique rather than DY's failings as a martial artist. Still, if one can cycle seamlessly from sword to sword that is a rather moot point.

I thought the the monks of the Celestial Dragon temple could only use one sword because their inner power was only sufficient to cultivate one meridian.
    I agree with what candide said, why use ten fingers at once? I can see the benefit of using two mai as a surprise attack (like Kurong albeit same mai but two thumbs at once), but can only see 6MSJ weaken. Also like Wuxing pointed out, we don't know whether it's physically possible. DY was able to perform 2 mai at once, but both from either pinky.

Yes each monk only had sufficient energy to cultivate one meridian. It seems given their internal, they can only learn and trigger one mai, not sure what happens with more - deviation? Based on what JMZ said/implied, he doesn't expect any 'human' at that time to be able to learn and cultivate all 6Mai. I seem to take it as he regard himself as the best, and he don't think even with his internal he's capable of learning and welding all 6, and was extremely surprised that Duan Yu can. (rather than due to the limited access of the prized 6MSJ)

Candide commented that Duan Yu was below JMZ in internal then. Which is agreeable based on the calibre and duration of people he leeched. But Duan Yu was able to compete with Xiao Feng in a foot race, and Xiao Feng was in awe at Duan Yu's internal energy given his age. So Duan Yu is at least as good as Xiao Feng, and probably surpassed JMZ then (since I don't remember leeching anyone else after?).

I still have a point that I don't understand...there are 6 meridians that represent 10 fingers...if you master 1 meridian then it isn't just 1 finger...is it?

What's the difference between a sword chi and chi? Isn't it still the same except the fact that the sword chi is probably many times more focused?
    If you go back to Danshu's initial post. From the book it suggests 1 mai for each pinky, and 4 for the other phalanges. Kurong demonstrated you can fire two simultaneous sword chi from 1 mai, from each of the two thumbs. But no one else demonstrated for index, middle and ring in that particular battle.

YYZ is similar to 6MSJ with regards to the practice/mastering of it. As DZM was initially reluctant as he thought he have never encountered such art, and to learn it and display it in front of JMZ is less than half a day is too much. But Kurong reassurred him that since he has done YYZ, it's much easier - basically learning the sword stances as DZM was immediately able to produce a 'bo' sword qi.

Although I always imagined YYZ to be the index finger, based on that it appears all fingers can be the median for YYZ. As DZM was able to do the 6MSJ on his ring finger based on his knowledge/experience from YYZ.

Basically, 6MSJ appear more concentrated and projecting, and has sword stances compared to YYZ.

Yi Yang Ji - laser gun
    6MSJ - very long lightsabre

You cannot use energy from YYJ like a sword, but u can with 6MSJ. Energy from 6MSJ can slash and cut like a sword.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    If you go back to Danshu's initial post. From the book it suggests 1 mai for each pinky, and 4 for the other phalanges. Kurong demonstrated you can fire two simultaneous sword chi from 1 mai, from each of the two thumbs. But no one else demonstrated for index, middle and ring in that particular battle.

YYZ is similar to 6MSJ with regards to the practice/mastering of it. As DZM was initially reluctant as he thought he have never encountered such art, and to learn it and display it in front of JMZ is less than half a day is too much. But Kurong reassurred him that since he has done YYZ, it's much easier - basically learning the sword stances as DZM was immediately able to produce a 'bo' sword qi.

Although I always imagined YYZ to be the index finger, based on that it appears all fingers can be the median for YYZ. As DZM was able to do the 6MSJ on his ring finger based on his knowledge/experience from YYZ.

Basically, 6MSJ appear more concentrated and projecting, and has sword stances compared to YYZ.

So is 6MSJ a chi shooting attack or what?

So is 6MSJ a chi shooting attack or what?
    What do you mean? Chi is projected like a sword. Liking the psi blades on the Protoss Zealot from Starcraft.

When Kurong retracted his blade after hurting JMZ he sliced through the candle sticks JMZ was using a weapon - 2 birds with one stone (pls dont take this analogy as that its a an-qi). Not sure about the more concentrated part. YYZ is more pokie pokie. So maybe a continuous pokie.

TommyH
    Unregistered

What do you mean? Chi is projected like a sword. Liking the psi blades on the Protoss Zealot from Starcraft.

When Kurong retracted his blade after hurting JMZ he sliced through the candle sticks JMZ was using a weapon - 2 birds with one stone (pls dont take this analogy as that its a an-qi). Not sure about the more concentrated part. YYZ is more pokie pokie. So maybe a continuous pokie.
    ohh i see... 6MSJ is the weirding JY kungfu ever!

so the first four meridian is 2 finger each while the other two is 1 finger each?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Have u mistaken Yi Yang Ji for 6 Mai Shen Jian?
    nope I think the mandarin dubbed version stuffed it up... I'm pretty sure he kept calling it 6MSJ.

Candide commented that Duan Yu was below JMZ in internal then. Which is agreeable based on the calibre and duration of people he leeched. But Duan Yu was able to compete with Xiao Feng in a foot race, and Xiao Feng was in awe at Duan Yu's internal energy given his age. So Duan Yu is at least as good as Xiao Feng, and probably surpassed JMZ then (since I don't remember leeching anyone else after?).
    I didn't say that. I said Duan Yu's internal energy would likely be less than the combined energy of the Dali monks. It would also be less than XF's at that stage, but Duan Yu could compete with XF because he had the best qing gong technique which is extremely efficient with energy usage. Xiao Feng was a lot faster in short distances than Duan Yu (likely because his inner energy is higher) but in a marathon (probably 4200km in wuxia standards), as XF noted, Duan Yu would win.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I didn't say that. I said Duan Yu's internal energy would likely be less than the combined energy of the Dali monks. It would also be less than XF's at that stage, but Duan Yu could compete with XF because he had the best qing gong technique which is extremely efficient with energy usage. Xiao Feng was a lot faster in short distances than Duan Yu (likely because his inner energy is higher) but in a marathon (probably 4200km in wuxia standards), as XF noted, Duan Yu would win.
    Oops sorry. But it isn't that similar to where XLN could compete with QQR in short distance, but can't in long distance?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Question

Oops sorry. But it isn't that similar to where XLN could compete with QQR in short distance, but can't in long distance
    it's different. QQR and XLN are equal in lightskill technique. but he had higer inner power. DY had much superior lightskill technique then XF, but Xf at that point still had higher inner power so he could draw on his inner power to keep up for a while. but later his inner power would be exhausted and he needs to rest to recharge. DY would keep running.

this is a rough idea.
    XF: inner power level 8, light skill level 6. total = 14.
    DY: inner power level 6, light skill level 10. total = 16.
    DY wins lightskill.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

这么试了几次,那大汉已知段誉内力之强,犹胜于己,要在十数里内胜过他并不为难,一比到三四十里,胜败之数 就难说得很,比到六十里之外,自己非输不可。

That's what XF said, but then again he doesn't know that DY knows LBWB (however he's aware that DY has a good technique based on comments on what he saw).

But based on the people he absorbed, he shouldn't have reached near XF's level. It's hard to imagine the amount he leeched is greater than 2 DYQ (more like 1.5).

TommyH
    Unregistered

I saw, somewhere among the many threads in this forum, someone saying that 6MSJ only shoot out of 6 fingers. Then I checked other sources and finally got a paragraph out of Wikipedia which mentions 6MSJ:

Duan Yu started as the young, naive prince of Dali. Despite the long tradition of practicing martial arts in his family, he refused to learn it due to his belief in Buddhism. When his father tried to force him, he ran away. By coincidences, he acquired three powerful martial arts skills: Lin Bo Wei Bu (Walking on water), which allows him to move so rapidly and unpredictably that nobody could catch or harm him. Bei Ming Shen Gong (The divine skill of the north), which enables him to absorb an enemy's inner energy (WuXia's equivalent of Mana), thus disable him/her. He can not use it at will, rather it works by itself when he hold somebody tightly or the other way around. Liu Mai Shen Jian (The six divine sword masteries), which allows him to shoot energy swords out through six of his fingers. He also can not be harmed by poison due to the fact he ate Zhu Ha (the most poisonous frog) by chance. All these made him invincible yet unable to harm others at will.
    So is 6MSJ a skill that shoots out of 10 fingers of 6? If it shoots out of 6 then which 6 fingers?

I am at lost now, expecially after what Siegefield posted about the DY protecting WYY section:

少商、商阳、中冲、关冲、少冲、少泽,六脉神剑齐发

Basically, it meant all the 6 swords were fired together...

胸口小腹的六个小孔之中鲜血直喷

this is the result... his target's chest has 6 holes...

It seems like Jin Yong isn't consistent. In one bit he showed two thumbs can fire at once, but now he shows that there are only six holes. It doesn't make sense to have only one hand and one pinky able to project, while the other hand deemed useless (and he never mentioned which hand).

To siegefield: bahaha I assimilated it. It's in another thread (sword qi), I copy and pasted from there.
    Last edited by yittz; 04-23-06 at 09:27 AM.

where did my post go? lol..

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i'm not sure but each of the meridiens is connected to a finger, i thought it was each finger on both hands but maybe, it some fingers of either hands so only six fingers. anyone has any knowledge of accuipunture.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    i'm not sure but each of the meridiens is connected to a finger, i thought it was each finger on both hands but maybe, it some fingers of either hands so only six fingers. anyone has any knowledge of accuipunture.
    well, yes.. its all in the first post of this thread. Dont know if JY stuck to the facts though.
    havent come up with a good one yet..

Let me guess... the power of each meridian is fired through only 1 finger! It makes sense to me... haha...