Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7 Swords the TV Series is Out

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    I totally DISAGREE with u. The storyline's not as bad as u said. It's quite appealing imo...n every episode just leaves me eager to know whats gonna happen in the next episode. And i seriously dont get what u meant by saying that it has no consistency, seems even more loosely connected than the 6 different stories in liaozhai. In fact,this series focuses on every one of the 7 swordsmen n we can see the development of each character....well-written imo.
    hmm alright perhaps i should substantiate? the theme of the series is pretty ok (therefore i learned NEVER TO JUDGE A SERIES BY ITS COVER!), 7 swordsmen each with unique swords trying to save the world....ok so far so good, but the moment u delve deeper into the story, u find its filled with oxomorons and a vastily illogical and inconsistent plot

first its the betrayal in the cave, a couple of absurd facts caused almost everyone to believe that the 2nd disciple is the traitor....ok so he says, u guys dont believe me, and i dont give a shit, lets split up.... so the 1st and 2nd disciple ends up in this totally ridiculous desert setting, wasting precious screen time walking around with the inital story focused on a red woman killing her ex-lover without even explaining WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! fair enough, now theres this prince who comes aboard and insists on making our 1st disciple work for him, when that fails, he says ok nvm i'll try again....he persistently lets our 1st disciple off, even when its costing him battles and soldiers and 1st shows not even the slightest intention of switching sides (and the prince is supposed to be a master tactician and strategist)....and during the attack on the fort, our dear red woman's aide BRILLANTLY RUNS INTO THE SWORD -case number 1- of our 1st disciple, and he says "hey u killed me, u must be a traitor" (WAT A NICE WAY OF FRAMING SOMEONE)

the other group with the children took refuge at the residence of a kind man who turned out to be a traitor in the later part of the show (IF SO, WHY THE FISH DIDNT THIS GUY JUST FINISH THEM OFF when they were most vulnerable, when they had to seek help from him?) ok so our 7th disciple learned how to use a magical sword from pushing carts (u have no choice but to believe it, for its probably one of the most and only logical parts in the whole show)

next some political in-fighting happens and cuts into the main story for the sake of blending in with history (the ousting of emperor Shun Zhi)

ok so the stupid adventures are over, lets stop digressing and get back to the main story....so the group meets and WOW the rebels and the governor's daughter happened to be neighbours (one moment u see the governor's daughter in the desert together with the entourage, now shes 9 months pregnant in a desolated house, are we playing peekaboo?) ok so the 1st disciple says, "hey my first fake surrender didnt work, i bet its gonna work this time" (so much for the prince's high opinion of him)....and he says, hmm gotta add some element of realism into it, so I've gotta kill some friendlies, so he kills and kills and kills, and when he's accused of being a traitor, he says, "F OFF"

ok now governor's daughter got mistaken for 1st disciple's lover (shes the 2nd's lover) and gets captured, almost raped by a friendly, and 1st stuck a deal with the governor....hey u gotta help me assassinate the prince if u dont want the prince to know that your daughter is pregnant....governor says "glad to be of help" even though he says but i'm still loyal to the prince, i gonna help u kill him but i'm gonna help protect him

ok so they proceed to assassinate the prince on his wedding....1st surprising suffers a defeat in the hands of the prince, prince again lets this ARCH ENEMY off....the prince then lays a trap and kills most, during which, BRILLANTLY RUNS INTO THE SWORD -case number 2- happens when the rebel girl's dad gets hit in the leg and embraces 1st disciple's dragon sword....1st disciple is pissed off (I mean who wouldnt when you F ers keep running into my sword!!!!) and kills almost everyone, friend and foe...ok everyone says 1st is a traitor, 1st says "dots, do i have to explain everything to u morons?"

ok the grand finale, the formation the prince prepared against the 7 swords somehow opens a big hole for 1st to go in to fight the prince, while arranging 1 to 1 fights for some of the other top fighters....ok so in the end the prince lost, actually he willingly dropped into the raging currents below, and says to 1st, i'm waiting for u....1st happily claims victory for his own, only to discover 2nd is dead, 3rd is mad, the kids are dead.....and goes ARGHHHHHHH this whole bloody thing is a mistake, i'm gonna kill my master ARGHHHHHHH....and the series ends on a massive cliff hanger

no offence chelsea_fan, but this series is a huge load of moonshine imo....it IS the WORST series i have ever watched

lOngbOwmeN's rating : 0.5/5 stars (i'm being generous here)
    Last edited by lOngbOwmeN; 10-26-06 at 11:03 AM.
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by lOngbOwmeN
    hmm alright perhaps i should substantiate? the theme of the series is pretty ok (therefore i learned NEVER TO JUDGE A SERIES BY ITS COVER!), 7 swordsmen each with unique swords trying to save the world....ok so far so good, but the moment u delve deeper into the story, u find its filled with oxomorons and a vastily illogical and inconsistent plot

first its the betrayal in the cave, a couple of absurd facts caused almost everyone to believe that the 2nd disciple is the traitor....ok so he says, u guys dont believe me, and i dont give a shit, lets split up.... so the 1st and 2nd disciple ends up in this totally ridiculous desert setting, wasting precious screen time walking around with the inital story focused on a red woman killing her ex-lover without even explaining WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! fair enough, now theres this prince who comes aboard and insists on making our 1st disciple work for him, when that fails, he says ok nvm i'll try again....he persistently lets our 1st disciple off, even when its costing him battles and soldiers and 1st shows not even the slightest intention of switching sides (and the prince is supposed to be a master tactician and strategist)....and during the attack on the fort, our dear red woman's aide BRILLANTLY RUNS INTO THE SWORD -case number 1- of our 1st disciple, and he says "hey u killed me, u must be a traitor" (WAT A NICE WAY OF FRAMING SOMEONE)

the other group with the children took refuge at the residence of a kind man who turned out to be a traitor in the later part of the show (IF SO, WHY THE FISH DIDNT THIS GUY JUST FINISH THEM OFF when they were most vulnerable, when they had to seek help from him?) ok so our 7th disciple learned how to use a magical sword from pushing carts (u have no choice but to believe it, for its probably one of the most and only logical parts in the whole show)

next some political in-fighting happens and cuts into the main story for the sake of blending in with history (the ousting of emperor Shun Zhi)

ok so the stupid adventures are over, lets stop digressing and get back to the main story....so the group meets and WOW the rebels and the governor's daughter happened to be neighbours (one moment u see the governor's daughter in the desert together with the entourage, now shes 9 months pregnant in a desolated house, are we playing peekaboo?) ok so the 1st disciple says, "hey my first fake surrender didnt work, i bet its gonna work this time" (so much for the prince's high opinion of him)....and he says, hmm gotta add some element of realism into it, so I've gotta kill some friendlies, so he kills and kills and kills, and when he's accused of being a traitor, he says, "F OFF"

ok now governor's daughter got mistaken for 1st disciple's lover (shes the 2nd's lover) and gets captured, almost raped by a friendly, and 1st stuck a deal with the governor....hey u gotta help me assassinate the prince if u dont want the prince to know that your daughter is pregnant....governor says "glad to be of help" even though he says but i'm still loyal to the prince, i gonna help u kill him but i'm gonna help protect him

ok so they proceed to assassinate the prince on his wedding....1st surprising suffers a defeat in the hands of the prince, prince again lets this ARCH ENEMY off....the prince then lays a trap and kills most, during which, BRILLANTLY RUNS INTO THE SWORD -case number 2- happens when the rebel girl's dad gets hit in the leg and embraces 1st disciple's dragon sword....1st disciple is pissed off (I mean who wouldnt when you F ers keep running into my sword!!!!) and kills almost everyone, friend and foe...ok everyone says 1st is a traitor, 1st says "dots, do i have to explain everything to u morons?"

ok the grand finale, the formation the prince prepared against the 7 swords somehow opens a big hole for 1st to go in to fight the prince, while arranging 1 to 1 fights for some of the other top fighters....ok so in the end the prince lost, actually he willingly dropped into the raging currents below, and says to 1st, i'm waiting for u....1st happily claims victory for his own, only to discover 2nd is dead, 3rd is mad, the kids are dead.....and goes ARGHHHHHHH this whole bloody thing is a mistake, i'm gonna kill my master ARGHHHHHHH....and the series ends on a massive cliff hanger

no offence chelsea_fan, but this series is a huge load of moonshine imo....it IS the WORST series i have ever watched

I seriously cannot stop praising this review, so truthful, so passionate!
    I cannot disagree at all this series had so much bullcrap in it that was not funny, its good that i didn't thsi piece of junk but rather dwonloaded it.
    The actors were poor, the actresses were ugly and the storyline a horrible joke.
    0.25/5

Well, you can put any film like this. I don' want to counter every single argument of yours but if you compare this story with Jing Yongs' there're much less strange coincidences. (that doesn't mean I don't like Jing Yong's stories..I luv them)
    Sure, the story and so aren't perfect but I liked this series very much.
    Well, everyone has his own opinion, there is no right or wrong. I'm looking forward to watching the second part and you are happy you don't have to spend your money on sh**. So everybody is content

Quote Originally Posted by sreeny
    Well, you can put any film like this. I don' want to counter every single argument of yours but if you compare this story with Jing Yongs' there're much less strange coincidences. (that doesn't mean I don't like Jing Yong's stories..I luv them)
    Sure, the story and so aren't perfect but I liked this series very much.
    Well, everyone has his own opinion, there is no right or wrong. I'm looking forward to watching the second part and you are happy you don't have to spend your money on sh**. So everybody is content
    lol this story is unparalleled in strange coincidences....i felt that the CGI effects during the fighting were pretty gd too.....but the BRILLIANTLY RUNS INTO THE SWORD thingy really irks me.....and much of the series is centred on Chu Zhao Nan's fake surrender which is just so stupid

i've nothing against u liking it....just wanna dissuade ppl from buying/watching it =)
    Last edited by lOngbOwmeN; 10-29-06 at 04:09 AM.

What other character played in this series, other than Ada, vincent and those that are in the picture?
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

This series just started showing on SG's cable 55. First 2 chapters looked pretty good. Totally different from that crappo movie show.

yeap i thought it looked impressive at the start too....but trust me, u're sinking into the abyss

p.s. this is way "above" the movie (the movie was only 2 hours)
    Last edited by lOngbOwmeN; 10-30-06 at 01:19 PM.

strawberry, I've read your comments of ROCH05 played by HXM n LYF lately, and I think I agree with U cuz I like both of them too I think they are a perfect couple playing YG n XLN better than others. Even some people thought that LYF is too young, I stilllike her very much playing XLN and they are a perfect match.
    I jst finished watching this series few days ago, just out this site and like to join this forum to share my opinion here.
    I haven't read the novel yet ( which I think was very good ), I think the plot of ROCH05 is very attractive. I was only watched 2 version of this series ( 80's starred by Andy Lau and recently by Huang Xiao Ming ) and I think both of them have played very well as Yang Guo, specially HXM but LYF played XLN better than Idy Chan in my opinion, maybe cuz of her innocent and icy look.
    I also watched her in Chinesse Palladin too, she was very nice in that series.
    I heard HXM also involved in The Banquet with Daniel Wu and Zhang Zhi Yi, am I right ?? Can't wait to watch this film cuz I begin to be one of HXM fans since ROCH05 hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by perfectrose
    strawberry, I've read your comments of ROCH05 played by HXM n LYF lately, and I think I agree with U cuz I like both of them too I think they are a perfect couple playing YG n XLN better than others. Even some people thought that LYF is too young, I stilllike her very much playing XLN and they are a perfect match.
    I jst finished watching this series few days ago, just out this site and like to join this forum to share my opinion here.
    I haven't read the novel yet ( which I think was very good ), I think the plot of ROCH05 is very attractive. I was only watched 2 version of this series ( 80's starred by Andy Lau and recently by Huang Xiao Ming ) and I think both of them have played very well as Yang Guo, specially HXM but LYF played XLN better than Idy Chan in my opinion, maybe cuz of her innocent and icy look.
    I also watched her in Chinesse Palladin too, she was very nice in that series.
    I heard HXM also involved in The Banquet with Daniel Wu and Zhang Zhi Yi, am I right ?? Can't wait to watch this film cuz I begin to be one of HXM fans since ROCH05 hahaha
    out of point pal....this thread is about the series 7 swords, not ROCH....gotta learn to navigate your way around here =)

yeap i thought it looked impressive at the start too....but trust me, u're sinking into the abyss

p.s. this is way "above" the movie (the movie was only 2 hours)
    The start was pretty hilariously shite... The part where they got the swords was ludacris..
    There was only like 5-6 children from the whole town? wtf is with that...
    The end was a bit more sane when those arrows pierced those poor little souls...
    The ending fight was the most hilarious crap I've seen... especially with the fake CGI water -_-...

The actors piss me off most of the time.... The actresses were just appalingly ugly.

The book was good (go read it!!). The movie was bad. and i've only just started watching this series on ch 55 but it seems that i need to find another tv serial to occupy my 7pm slot from now on judging from the passioinate remarks ive seen here. =)

Well so far what's shown on Channel 55 is still pretty good stuff. I'll leave the negative remarks and just continue watching it on tv. It's lots better than I'd expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyxy
    The book was good (go read it!!). The movie was bad. and i've only just started watching this series on ch 55 but it seems that i need to find another tv serial to occupy my 7pm slot from now on judging from the passioinate remarks ive seen here. =)

I really think Qiao Zhen Yu's Mu Lang was the best thing about this serial. That could be a biased opinion though

Watched Chapter 11 tonite where the slave girl Ming Choo committed suicide after Vincent Zhao thought she'd poisoned him for his sword. Her last words to him was very touching.

Oh the songs are pretty good. Chelsea was right as I was hooked into wanting to know what happens next. Whatever some may say, this show is definitely much better than that crap Liu San Bian.
    Last edited by Surferket; 11-13-06 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Watched Chapter 11 tonite where the slave girl Ming Choo committed suicide after Vincent Zhao thought she'd poisoned him for his sword. Her last words to him was very touching.

Oh the songs are pretty good. Chelsea was right as I was hooked into wanting to know what happens next. Whatever some may say, this show is definitely much better than that crap Liu San Bian.
    Seriously Lu Zhu looks black, and she doesn't look very good at all.... Vincent Jiao's character seriously lacks brains, with some of his actions.

But this show has that "I-want-to-know-what-happens-next" kind of effect. Thus far, it was only TTLB and Jewel in the Palace that affected me so.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Seriously Lu Zhu looks black, and she doesn't look very good at all.... Vincent Jiao's character seriously lacks brains, with some of his actions.

But this show has that "I-want-to-know-what-happens-next" kind of effect. Thus far, it was only TTLB and Jewel in the Palace that affected me so.
    Yeah its pretty good to watch it but when your actually thinking back on the events.... half the time they are ridiculous.

I agree. There is no sane reason to bring those kids wandering around the whole country with the Manchus putting posters up everywhere.
    The whole story is about keeping those kids safe as they are the legacy of the village but yet all the kids die at the end so that makes the mission of the 7 Swordsmen a complete failure.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    Yeah its pretty good to watch it but when your actually thinking back on the events.... half the time they are ridiculous.

I agree. There is no sane reason to bring those kids wandering around the whole country with the Manchus putting posters up everywhere.
    The whole story is about keeping those kids safe as they are the legacy of the village but yet all the kids die at the end so that makes the mission of the 7 Swordsmen a complete failure.
    Yeah... and I gotta admit I feel sorry for Zhaonan, seriously everyone screwed him over and didn't trust him. He at least attempted to do something but somehow always ends up being accused of bs.

Edit//
    Okay, so I went back and read the entire nine pages of this thread. 0.0 I was so surprised to see only like one other person who held the same view as me: we both disliked the girl who played Yu Fang. I don't dislike the character as much as the actress...in my opinion, Zhen Yu should be with someone prettier and less plain than her. It's her first serial, I understand, but it bugs me, especially since Mu Lang was one of the best things that I see happening so far.

Also, I loved Vincent and his character. Before I started watching this, I'd never seen Vincent in a series before. Now I think I'm going to start liking him a lot. I just wish that they chose a different girl for Lu Zhu as well, because she really wasn't that pretty.

Finally, an ideal ending for me (I'm only on episode 30, which is around 10ish eps from the end) would be that Vincent ends up with Ada and they both go live on Tian Shan happily with each other, Duo Ge Duo dies and Ming Hui goes back to Yang Yun Cong, Yu Fang and Zhi Bang get together (I didn't really like the guy who played Zhi Bang either), and Mu Lang goes off and finds some awesome, beautiful, talented, loving girl and ends up happily ever after. =)
    Last edited by Serynsatina; 12-28-06 at 11:29 PM.