Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Young-Ae 이영애

Default Lee Young-Ae 이영애

Anyone hav photos of Lee Young-Ae & her updated biography?
    I tink she's simply fantastic in portraying her role as Jang Geum in Jewel In The Palace!

- Date of Birth: January 31, 1971
    - Height/Weight --> Height: 5 5 (165 cm) / Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)
    - School: Hanyang University, German Language and Literature; Jungang Graduate School of J
    - Bloodtype: AB
    - Hobbies: Swimming
    - Nickname: The Oxygen Woman
    - Marital Status: Single
    - Filmograph --> Movies include: JSA, The Gift (aka Last Present), One Fine Spring Day / Miniseries include: Medical Brothers Romance, Dae-jung Keum, Fireflower
    - Career: KBS TV Awards, Most Popular Actress (1999), SBS TV Awards, Best Actress (1998), MBC TV Awards Best Actress (1996)
    Last edited by arachidonic; 07-28-05 at 08:05 AM.

Thank you very much. actually where did you get her data from? Anyone got her pictures?
    Be nice, say hello. HELLO !!

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Here are some photos of pretty Lee Young A:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1017246/LeeYoungAe3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1017246/LeeYoungAe2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1017246/LeeYoungAe1.jpg')

Enjoy !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macoroni
    Thank you very much. actually where did you get her data from? Anyone got her pictures?
    http://english.tour2korea.com/02Cult...um=3&kosm=m2_5

Recent news, credits to Link

Lee Young-ae: I Would Want to Be a Singer If I Were Reborn (2005/07/20)

Actress Lee Young-ae said she would want to be a singer if she had a second chance at life. She made the comment during her appearance on Yoon Do-hyuns Love Letter, which was recorded on July 19 at KBS main building in Yeouido, Seoul.

I would want to be an underground singer rather than a famous one. I feel a special rapport with the audience when I act onstage, and I am sure that feeling is even stronger when you sing in front of the audience. I used to sing a lot while in college," said Lee.

Lee received much praise from the show's audience when she sang the ballad version of her favorite song, Zaurims Hey, Hey, Hey! She also made everyone laugh when she said that her latest movie, "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, which is PG-18 rated, can even be seen by minors--if they find a way to sneak into the theater.

The actress also added that she has finally fulfilled her dream of starring in an auteristic movie by playing the lead in Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, which, according to Lee, has a heart-moving and interesting plot, despite its dark subject of revenge.

'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' breaks new ground in director Park's trilogy (2005/07/20)

Award-winning director Park Chan-wook's latest film "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (Chinjeolhan Geum-jassi) seems unusual in many ways.

For one, his trademark outpourings of violence have been replaced by smiles and kindness. The plot is also predictable, and there is no last-minute twist like the shocking and memorable ending of his previous hit "Oldboy."

But the seemingly innocent facade of the movie, to be released nationwide on July 29, is as beguiling as Geum-ja, the main character played by Lee Young-ae, one of Korea's top actresses.

This last installment of Park's "Vengeance Trilogy" - the first was "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," the second "Old Boy - attempts to turn upside down the presumptions about life, value and judgment. Whether such a lofty aim works depends partly on whether the viewer is a fan of director Park, one of the most-admired cinema stylists in Korea. If not, the movie might come off as too bland - or even boring.

Although the English title is made to fit with the image of the Vengeance Trilogy, the film's Korean title, if literally translated, means "Kind Lady Geum-ja." And the word "kind" is highly ironic and holds the key to unlocking the riddle posed by "not-so-kind" director Park.

Geum-ja has served 13 years in prison for kidnapping and killing a child. The heinous crime was committed when she was just 20. The public was shocked, first at the brutality of her method, and second at her stifling beauty. The duality of Geum-ja, inevitably, throws out the crucial question for both the fictional public in 1991 and the real audiences in 2005, "Is Geum-ja an angel, or a devil in disguise?"

Geum-ja, who is extremely kind to every prison mate, is determined for revenge on Mr. Baek, an English teacher played by Choi Min-sik, known for his impressive role in "Old Boy."

In "Old Boy," Choi's character seeks revenge against a mysterious person who imprisons him for no apparent reason. This time, Choi's character is largely on the defensive. Although Geum-ja looks extremely fragile and feminine, her resolve to have Mr. Baek punished is as firm as any other revenge-obsessed character in the trilogy.

The theme itself is serious enough. But director Park's playfulness makes it difficult to focus on the grave issue involving what revenge really means for sinful human beings. For instance, Geum-ja makes a comment unsuitable for an impeccable beauty, which is both funny and confusing. There is even a scene in which a narrator, who makes ironic comments throughout the movie, claims there is a "callous director" who attempts to make a movie out of the brutal kidnap-and-murder incident related to Geum-ja, obviously cracking a joke about Park himself.

But the film swings back on to the original track whenever Geum-ja inches toward her goal, step by step, utilizing all the resources and the network she has earned in return for being ostensibly kind to other struggling inmates.

As expected, she is totally innocent of the charges of kidnapping and murder of a little boy, who might have grown to be an Old Boy resembling exactly one of the main characters shown in "Old Boy." But her revenge scheme, brewing for 13 years, puts a spin on the innocent-or-guilty formula.

There is no question about Mr. Baek's sinfulness. His crimes stem from his mercilessly money-oriented desire, and his talent in playing the hypocrite is up to the standard of a true "bad boy."

The troubling issue is that Mr. Baek's wayward behavior often reflects his twisted mind-set, which views other human beings as mere tools to use to achieve his goal. When it comes to using and abusing other people for personal reasons, the innocent-looking Geum-ja is as guilty as Mr. Baek.

Interestingly, Geum-ja is portrayed as extremely callous once she is outside the prison. Everybody who knows her is surprised at her sudden cold attitude, devoid of any sympathy for other people. Do the audiences have to have some sympathy for this too-kind-to-get-real-atonement lady?

For those who are familiar with director Park's cinematic language and tricks, such a question does not matter much. "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" is full of sophisticated visuals and cinematic devices. In addition, much black humor and scenes are interspersed throughout the movie, allowing the audience to enjoy the film in a leisurely fashion.

But there is an unkind trade-off. The movie's departure from violence-driven storytelling makes it unique in the trilogy, but the story loses steam whenever major developments go in a predictable way.

"Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" is sure to evoke either sympathy or empathy among those in the audience who manage to get the intriguing question about the questionable good-and-evil classification. But for those who get swept away by actress Lee's admirable acting and her indisputable beauty may be disappointed by the predictable storytelling.

That's not kind at all, but that's a real and final vengeance dispensed by the wickedly kind director.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
    (친절한 금자씨 - 2005)
    Old Boy
    (올드보이 - 2003)
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
    (복수는 나의 것 - 2002)

She May Not Look Like a Killer... (2005/07/22)

She looks like she couldnt harm a fly, but Lee Young-ae, who plays perhaps the most alarming female character in Korean cinematic history in Park Chan-wook's "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," can be a handful off-screen as well.

It was a movie and a part I really wanted to do, Lee says. I thought if I gave action a try, I'd learn why male actors like to do action films so much. The director also said I was strong. When men fire guns, they blink, but not me."

Lee remembers an article this newspaper did on her several years ago, and repeatedly during the interview she takes out a notebook and scribbles notes. "It's not my character to live easily, she explains. My blood type is AB, but I think I'm closer to A than B. I tend to consume a lot of energy in just one interview. But living in the entertainment world my ability to adjust has improved and I've become more amicable. In the past, I used to be somewhat introverted -- and I didn't eat chicken because I thought it was gross."

It's been 13 years since Lee's debut. She's been in the entertainment would for as long as her character Geum-ja was in jail. Many stars have risen and fallen in that time, and only a handful have managed to keep their image as pure as Lee.

"I was chatting with viewers on a TV program not long ago, and I got asked questions like, 'How many times do you eat a day.' I was taken aback. I thought, do I really seem that remote from ordinary life? There was a time when I hosted a morning show and appeared on entertainment programs, so I don't know why I seemed so distant."

Perhaps it is because now actresses like Kim Sun-a, the star of "My Name is Kim Sam-soon" who put on weight for her role, have overtaken stars like Lee who are thought of as stick-thin beauties who wouldnt be seen dead with an extra ounce of flesh.

"With Geum-ja I play a killer; you don't think I could gain weight for a role?" she says curtly. The story goes that Lee frightened the wits out of her costar Choi Min-sik when she yelled for another take on the film. So what is she? Gentle or tough as nails? One thing is certain, if it wasn't for Lee Young-aes skill at looking like butter wouldnt melt in her mouth even as she commits the most vile onscreen atrocities, "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" would not be what it is.

wow. wat a story!! I can't wait to watch it.
    Be nice, say hello. HELLO !!

Speaking of what she acted..
    Has everyone here watched Jewel in the Palace?
    I'm only currently watching

erm... i finished watching d drama in mandarin dubbed last wk. currently im rewatching it in korean voice. kinda addicted 2 d show nw...

previously i've watch her Fireworks & Zhi Ai Mo Sheng Ren dramas + d JSA movie oni...

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    erm... i finished watching d drama in mandarin dubbed last wk. currently im rewatching it in korean voice. kinda addicted 2 d show nw...

previously i've watch her Fireworks & Zhi Ai Mo Sheng Ren dramas + d JSA movie oni...
    Hahah.. I see, I haven't watched her other works.. but I'm finding the movies Last Present and One Fine Spring day.. Is it good?

Here's the link to LYA's news & pics from sina.net
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/j/f/liya.html
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Another pic I found

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.koreanstorm.com/Archive/leeyoungae.jpg')

She is an actress with both look and talent! Love her in Cheung Gam!

she's great actress i really luv Jewel in the Palace series

some pics i luv Lee Young Ae & Ji Jin Hee together so cute....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.imbc.com/imbc/afieldfile/2003/09/02/28.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.imbc.com/imbc/afieldfile/2003/09/02/26.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.imbc.com/imbc/afieldfile/2003/09/02/25.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.imbc.com/imbc/afieldfile/2003/09/02/24.jpg')

credits: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/d...gum/index.html
    currently watching:
    - The Magic Touch Of Fate: Ruby Lin, Alec Su&Kang Ta
    - Mars: Vic Zhou & Barbie Xu
    - Amor de Tarapac: Ruby Lin, Han Jae Suk & Shi Yinan

She is simply gorgeous!

I truely adore her she's just the best actress ever
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

here are pics of Lee Young Ae put together since she was young
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/522/9256358005af.jpg')
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

^^She looks cute and pretty even then. She's got a charm.

I don't think Lee Young Ae is gorgeous, but she's pretty. She was pretty good in Jewel of the Palace