Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mi Li Dang An - Mystery Files [Gallen Lo, Maggie Cheung, Marco Ngai, etc.]

This series is very nice! Watched it in 1997 I think... wow that's about 9 yrs already. I can only remember that I like Gallen & Maggie as couple after watching the show, they had alot of on-screen chemistry together.

I'm in the middle of the the case with Cheung Chi Kwong as twins, the older of the twin died but before that the younger, Victor kept having visions of his older brother's actions like robbing jewelry stores and now that his older brother is dead, Victor is possessed by his older brother's spirit and killed someone. I wonder how this will end, so far everything that happened has happened opposite of what I thought it would.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-04-06 at 11:46 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Ah....I'm now at the part where Nick Cheung has fallen sick because of this hex or voodoo put on him. The great thing about this series, you can't guarentee if the one of the characters will die or not. I hope Nick doesn't die!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I'm in the middle of the the case with Cheung Chi Kwong as twins, the older of the twin died but before that the younger, Victor kept having visions of his older brother's actions like robbing jewelry stores and now that his older brother is dead, Victor is possessed by his older brother's spirit and killed someone. I wonder how this will end, so far everything that happened has happened opposite of what I thought it would.
    felt so sad for cheung chi kwong there (the younger one)...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Isn't it weird how each mysterious cases seem to be happening to people who has some kind of relation to either Gallen or Maggie's characters? Mostly Gallen. It's like because Gallen doesn't believe in the paranormal, he's attracting these weird situation.

The cases all seem paranormal at first but it could easily be proven by science.

You know what I noticed, Gallen is never seen teaching in a class room after the first episode. All the other episodes, have him sitting in his office at the computer but he's never seen inside the classroom, lecturing anymore. Well I'm watching the part with his ex-gf who inherits her long lost father's fortune.

Maggie and Gallen has such great on-screen chemistry, they just look so comfortable with each other, the way they sit on the sofa or argue with each other. It's just so convincing.

Nick and Emily Kwan is a cute couple too, especially when they argue a lot. Its funny.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-06-06 at 02:05 AM.

yeah nick and emily is a comic relief in here
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Oh man, things get even more creepier. I wish they'd explain that mystery with Gallen's ex-GF.

Now I think this last case is with time portals with the Bermuda Triangle - Gallen's dad show up after 20 years not aging at all yet with no memory of what happened between his disappearance.

Gee, the paranormal world is really out to get Gallen to believe, but he's always been a practical scientific person that he doesn't believe it at all.

Now Maggie got a stalker fan, obsessing over her....hahah..theres actually real life fans like that I think. Haha...Hear that Cherrie, I think you need to take the obsession with MY Raymond down a thousand notches or else you'll turn into that guy who obsesses over Maggie in this series. Hahahhaha JK!

He's so creepy. I can't wait until they explain what's really going on with Gallen's dad, who is played by Ai Wai.

BTW, the acting in this series is really good. TVB back then and now are like night and day almost.

oh man, the cellphones were so much bigger...I thought they were using their house phones and hahaha I remember the pagers! hahaha....so old school.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-06-06 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    felt so sad for cheung chi kwong there (the younger one)...
    Me too

I feel that Gallen has the best chemistry with Maggie among all the actresses. This is a rather good series, some of its earlier cases are really good (but I am not too fond of the one about time travel...I think that is the final mystery). The one about Gallen's younger brother and Josie Ho is quite romantic and I fell in love with the song for that case (First of May by Bee Gees) and went to purchase the CD.

Default Spoiler!!!!!

I watched the last episode where Gallen comes home and Maggie ran back to the kitchen because her beef steak was burning and Gallen goes to look at the goldfishes who now have baby goldfishes and then Maggie returns but it gets cut off from there. I didn't get to see what happened. So Maggie's pregnant? From what I got from the fishes. so what else happened afterward?

lol suet seung haha this is where i learned how to be a stalker...after watching this series joke!
    cherrie

i really enjoyed this film, loved the pairing between the two leads. their relationship was done very well. i didn't like it how in the end they admited that the supernatural does exist though. would have rathered if they left it as an open question.

as for the w files, i actually liked Yoyo Mung's character. i've seen a couple of Wisely films and she ranks top in Bach To. most of the others are very annoying...except for Loletta Lee's version in the Young Wisely movie.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    The one about Gallen's younger brother and Josie Ho is quite romantic and I fell in love with the song for that case (First of May by Bee Gees) and went to purchase the CD.
    If remember correctly, should be Maggie's bro with Josie Ho in that recarnation case. Yeah I pretty much liked the song too after watching the drama!