Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Pretty pic of Gao yuan yuan as Ruo Xi...just thought i'll post it
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gao00.com/photo/screen/qingwang/25.jpg')

Finally decided to get this series. It was on sale and another pulling factor was that Bao Jian Feng would be one of the main actors.

I found this series rather entertaining – lots of action with the power struggles and romance. I enjoyed watching how the two advisors, Wei Zheng and Liu Wen Jing tried to outwit and out play one another with their various schemes and plans. Enjoyed how they put their cards on the table and slowly revealed one ace upon another. Just when one thought that he had the winning card, the viewer would see that the other had another ace up his sleeve. At times their schemes seem rather cold and brutal as they mercilessly go about with their main aims. They seemed so committed in their quest to help the one that they support, even risking life and limb just for a certain course.

Bao Jian Feng’s role as Wei Zheng was great. It was fun to watch his humourous scenes with Alyssa. They also had some touching and tender moments together. I also enjoyed watching Wei Zheng with the princess from the rival side. The actress was rather good as she could depict one side that is cheeky and alluring and another side that is cold and cruel as she was bent on revenge. She succeeded in making herself a villain one would love to hate. The banter between Wei Zheng and this princess was entertaining as they tried to outwit one another.

Liu Wen Jing was another character whom I enjoyed watching. He had this intense look and almost fanatical devotion to a certain course – definitely an interesting character.
    I found Peter Ho’s portrayal of Li Shi Min okay. After reading quite a lot of negative comments about his acting, I was quite surprised that his acting here was quite good. This was the first time I saw him act in a series and I think he did a decent job. The only thing was at the end when he became the emperor, he didn’t seem to carry himself well. Guess he didn’t have the stature and carriage of a great and mighty emperor.

Warning : spoilers
    I didn’t like the ending as I prefer happy endings to sad ones. It was a pity that Liu Wen Jing and Alyssa’s character had to be sentenced to death and how Ruo Xi died at the end. I was hoping that Alyssa’s character wouldn’t be killed off as it was a pity to kill off such a happy and carefree soul.

Does anyone when this series will be released in Vietnamese in USA??

it has been suuuch a long time since the chinese released. i would love to see another series of Gao Yuan Yuan again ... especially, with Peter Ho. It will be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by heavensentangel
    I don't understand how Li Jian Chen can love Ruo Xi though. He has never interacted with her before except for the time he told her that he couldn't be with Shi Min when she was "Shui Fen." The after he found out that she's the princess he just magically fell in love with her.
    I definitely agree with you. I don't think he ever "loved" her. To him, she's just a trophy; having her for a wife means that he won. There's no way he could possibly love her more than Li Shi Min.

I don't understand why people like him so much. He's selfish, paranoid, close-minded, stubborn, etc. What makes him better than Li Shi Min? When it came to the princess, Li Shi Min did everything he could to not give in to his feelings because of Li Jian Cheng, and yet Li Jian Cheng never appreciated that. All he did was pout, brood, and get mad when Li Shi Min failed. He never fully trusted his own brother; he was more willing to believe the slander of others than the words of his own brother. While Li Shi Min consciously tried to give up the princess for his brother's sake, Li Jian Cheng only did that because he had no other choice. It wasn't for his brother; it was because the princess didn't love him back. What kind of older brother plots against his own younger brother all for someone who he only superficially loves?

About Long Er, it's just, she's always doing things to try to stop Shi Min and Ruo Xi. I mean everytime something happens, she would go look for Li Jian Cheng and convince him that they need to do something about it. It just gets irritating when it happens time after time.
    Yeah... I didn't like Long Er either. Sometimes, I wish Li Shi Min would just tell her to get lost.

You know... Most of the characters in here are pathetic. They say that they "love" someone, but they don't know what it means to truly love someone. True love is not selfish. True love is wanting the best for the other person, even if it means letting go. And they definitely failed at that.
    "[Love] is, and therefore it always will be." ~ Many Waters

anybody know the viet title for this? i tried searching "Tan Vuong Ly The Dan" but no luck.

I just watched a few episodes and I don't think there was a miscast concerning Peter Ho. I just think the writing sucked when it came to portraying Li Shi Min. If anyone has ever watched The Grand Canal with Tony Leung and Idy Chan, the way the writers made Li Shi Min and the actor who portrayed him was brillant. It was everything you would think one of the greatest Chinese emperors should be, smart, ruthless when necessary, but also kind. I have never seen YK act yet and have only seen Peter in the Yang series, but I agree I would have prefered YK for my idea of what Li Shi Min should have been. But for how the writer choose to describe Li Shi Min, Peter Ho was the better choice. Also, I thought Li Shi Min in real life married his cousin Zhangsun Shi, either way I remember Zhangsun Shi as someone who came from a really well to do family rather than being a servant.

Side note, Margie Tsang played his love interest Zhangsun (forgot her name but remembered her last name) and I absolutely loved her character. She was playful, opinionated, and strong. Everything I imagined Li Shi Min emperess to be and Li Shi Min loved her dearly which is true in historical terms.

I too, disliked the way LSM was portrayed. The script made him up to be so nice, righteous, innocent and even gullible at times...! LSM in here seemed to have succeeded due to luck rather than brains and strategy. There was just no sense of hunger or deviousness in the character which made it so boring and unrealistic for me. Peter playing him made the character even more soft and bland, since i never found him appropriate for costume dramas and he just doesnt have the commanding and leading presence about him to portray a prince like LSM. But, I probably wouldn't have disliked Peter's portrayal so much if they had injected more humane and cunning aspects into LSM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessxianzi View Post
    I definitely agree with you. I don't think he ever "loved" her. To him, she's just a trophy; having her for a wife means that he won. There's no way he could possibly love her more than Li Shi Min.
    That part is rather conflicting. The series seemed to hint that LJC loved the idea of possessing Ruoxi, just because she was originally betrothed to him, not because he really loved her. But then, it seemed that he really did love her, judging by how heartbroken he was when she died at the end. For a moment, after he first married Ruoxi, I thought he did love her but i got annoyed when he constantly suspected her, abused her and even had an affair and wanted to marry a new wife to hurt her. I'm not sure whether he did all those hurtful things because he was jealous that Ruoxi still loved LSM and wanted to spite LSM by showing tt he could do whatever he liked to the woman his brother loved, or whether he wanted to gain Ruoxi's attention to see if she cared for what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessxianzi View Post
    You know... Most of the characters in here are pathetic. They say that they "love" someone, but they don't know what it means to truly love someone. True love is not selfish. True love is wanting the best for the other person, even if it means letting go. And they definitely failed at that.
    As much as LSM loves Ruoxi, i didnt really fancy most of his actions towards her. He gave her up the moment he discovered she was a princess and did whatever he could to defend his brother later, even when he knew that LCJ abused her.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-04-07 at 02:16 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I hated the ending. I mean, why the hell did Alyssa's character have to be sentenced to death anyways? She was innocent! I blame Liu Wen Jing. And Wei Zheng, he should've played along so the Liu Wen Jing didn't take Alyssa's character to court etc.

And Peter Ho isn't what Li Shi Min should be. He doesn't have that aura of power around him. The guy who played Li Zian Sheng should've portrayed LSM. Geesh. Find some right actors and actresses for one.

The ending sucked. Seriously. All the girls died practically. And all the guys are either dead, or super sad coz they just lost their wives. I prefer Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre. Now THAT was a GREAT series.

I have both series and HSDS 03' and would say, in this storyline its rather sad, but in HSDS 03' was actually very interesting; too bad GYY went crazy with her special martial arts.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I am still watching this series, not yet finished. For me, the love story between LSM & Ruoxi princess is kinda heart-breaking and 'not something new'. The scriptwriter plays around with the 'love game' First, it's LSM who let Ruoxi go since he knew that Ruoxi was for his brother. Then both met, couldn't forget each other and he wanted her back. They both struggled to be together, but then LSM's brother destroyed everything (cheated LSM) and made Ruoxi marry to him. When Ruoxi was on her way to her wedding with LSM's brother, it's was Ruoxi who did not want to run away with LSM.

I think Peter is good in his acting.... he's not a miscast. It's the script that makes him be a 'soft' LSM.

Overall, this series is not bad... ... and for draggy parts... is kinda a typical of Mainland series.
    Last edited by fang2; 10-12-07 at 12:00 PM.

I want to see this one

who end up w who in here?? is the series good??

is this release in viet yet!?
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

any english subs

where can i download this series with English subs.
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Assee View Post
    where can i download this series with English subs.
    thanx
    Try d-addict.com
    Last edited by vivi_g; 01-03-08 at 05:15 PM.

yes i did try addicts but could not find a match for the title

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3961/g112cb.jpg')

i'm watching this series right now. but sounds like it will have a sad ending. aw...that would suck. i also found out that alyssa is already married. i always thought she's still young and single. what a surprise. i like all of the girls in here, they're so pretty. i will continue watching this, even though i will be depressed and angry throughout the whole thing.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

am i like the only one in this thread that doesnt think the guy that played li jian cheng, whatever his name is, is hot? like, seriously. i think he's kinda ugly. whats so hot about him? and his characters, like, so evil. why would he do that to his own brother and the woman he "loved"? ugh.
    peter ho, now that is HOT and even though the costumes are kinda bad, he still makes it look good i love him. hehe. and he is not a miscast! i think he played the role fine, it was more of the scriptwriter's fault for his character being that way. so back to my point - peter=hotness/great actor/not miscast person
    oh, and the longer girl is so annoying and freaking selfish and she totally does not deserve to be with li shi min at the end, much less be queen. (if that is really what happens? i havent finished this yet)