Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    i only know the sina site, here .
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/f/qinwlsm/U105P28T17D2018F229DT20040610163344.jpg')
    thanks, I went to that site before, but they dont have the episode guides.

cant find one wif episode guides.
    only know sites wf episode guides for ATVs and TVBs.
    tried a google.com.tw search but din work.
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    The woman Li Shimin loved the most was always Ruo Xi. He became the most willing to accept Long Er after Ruo Xi's death. I know that Long Er loved Li Shimin, but did she actually love the power and potential that he represented more? There was one point when she lost her patience with him when he was going to leave the royal abode forever, saying how had she known this was what was to become of him, she never would have spent all that time supporting and helping him earlier. Perhaps those were just words of frustration, though.

Ruo Xi really tried her best to be a good wife to Li Jiancheng. It was his own insecurities that sent their marriage into turmoil. I agree that they looked really good together, though. Li Qian and Yan Kuan did not match at all. She's just too kiddish for him.

at first it seems that long er really loved li shiming for who he was but after his family overthrows the sui dynasty, it seems more like she loves his power and authority..she keeps insisting tat he should fight w is brother and is theres certain scenes when li jiancheng is in disgrace, long er is really overjoyed since lsm is in favour again..it seems like she cant wait for him to b crown prince since her status would b high too.

also, im confused with who ruoxi is really supporting. it seems like she married li jiancheng to force li shiming to battle w his brother for the crown prince postition but thn again, she later forces li shiming to give in to li jiancheng..but later she supports lsm again after her husband beats her up. it seems like her mind's in a total mess. i dun really get it why she marries li jiancheng when she loves li shiming so much....judging from her very stuborn character earlier on, she could have easily refused the marriage to ljc n insisted that lsm was the 1 who killed the bad guy since she saw him to that..or did she? or is it her promise tat she'll marry any1 who chops off that guy's head the main reason y she still agress to marry ljc?

i thought gyy did a really good job with the switch of emotions and characterizaton after her father died. she was all spoilt but outgoing and cheerful b4 but after her dad died it seemed like she really hardened to a cold person...i think she really brought out the impact her father's death had on her.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    at first it seems that long er really loved li shiming for who he was but after his family overthrows the sui dynasty, it seems more like she loves his power and authority..she keeps insisting tat he should fight w is brother and is theres certain scenes when li jiancheng is in disgrace, long er is really overjoyed since lsm is in favour again..it seems like she cant wait for him to b crown prince since her status would b high too.
    To me, that's one of those unclear/inconsistent characterizations.

also, im confused with who ruoxi is really supporting. it seems like she married li jiancheng to force li shiming to battle w his brother for the crown prince postition but thn again, she later forces li shiming to give in to li jiancheng..but later she supports lsm again after her husband beats her up. it seems like her mind's in a total mess. i dun really get it why she marries li jiancheng when she loves li shiming so much....judging from her very stuborn character earlier on, she could have easily refused the marriage to ljc n insisted that lsm was the 1 who killed the bad guy since she saw him to that..or did she? or is it her promise tat she'll marry any1 who chops off that guy's head the main reason y she still agress to marry ljc?
    Ruo Xi swore to the heavens and just about everyone that she would marry whomever cut off Yuwen Chengdu's head. Unfortunately, she did not actually see Li Shimin kill Yuwen Chengdu (recall that she was running for her life and accidentally left behind a sash that Li Shimin used to strangle Yuwen Chengdu) and had no explanation for how the head later ended up in Li Jiancheng's possession. Of course we know that was because Hong Xian took the head while Li Shimin was passed out and it was all part of her plan to tear apart Li Shimin and Li Jiancheng, but Ruo Xi didn't. To keep her promise, she married Li Jiancheng. She supported her husband at the beginning, but everything that she did was interpreted by him as being unfaithful or still longing for Li Shimin, which he used as an excuse to mistreat her. After she realized what a narrowminded and insecure man he was, she didn't feel that such a person was suitable to be emperor.

i thought gyy did a really good job with the switch of emotions and characterizaton after her father died. she was all spoilt but outgoing and cheerful b4 but after her dad died it seemed like she really hardened to a cold person...i think she really brought out the impact her father's death had on her.
    Yeah, I agree.

I thought it was kind of dumb for Li Jiancheng to kill whom he assumed was Li Shimin himself. He then rushed out on a horse with Li Yuanji right afterwards to the site of Ruo Xi's death. I mean, who else could have gotten there that fast aside from the assassins? On top of that, he didn't kill Wei Zheng, who was an obvious witness.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ruo Xi swore to the heavens and just about everyone that she would marry whomever cut off Yuwen Chengdu's head. Unfortunately, she did not actually see Li Shimin kill Yuwen Chengdu (recall that she was running for her life and accidentally left behind a sash that Li Shimin used to strangle Yuwen Chengdu) and had no explanation for how the head later ended up in Li Jiancheng's possession. Of course we know that was because Hong Xian took the head while Li Shimin was passed out and it was all part of her plan to tear apart Li Shimin and Li Jiancheng, but Ruo Xi didn't. To keep her promise, she married Li Jiancheng. She supported her husband at the beginning, but everything that she did was interpreted by him as being unfaithful or still longing for Li Shimin, which he used as an excuse to mistreat her. After she realized what a narrowminded and insecure man he was, she didn't feel that such a person was suitable to be emperor.
    hmm..yeah but there was 1 scene where i cannot remember was it wei zheng or li shiming's mom who explained to li shiming abt ruoxi's choice to stick to marrying li jiancheng was tat she(ruoxi) knows of li shiming's capabilities and doesnt want him to ruin/give up on his own chances to be a crown prince for a girl. like b4 tat, li shiming promised ruoxi that he will wander the world with her and leave behind power and wealth so shiming's mom's reason was tat ruoxi doesnt wan him to give up everything and juz leave with her, so she decides to marry li jiancheng to make li shiming give up on her. its this reason claimed tat made me confused on y ruoxi really agrees to marry li jiancheng. or was it juz li shiming's mom trying to use ruoxi's so-called "sacrificial" of her own happiness to urge li shiming to fight for power and vye w li jiancheng since lsm was her fave son and she always wanted him to b the crown prince.

Wise Fool

hmm..yeah but there was 1 scene where i cannot remember was it wei zheng or li shiming's mom who explained to li shiming abt ruoxi's choice to stick to marrying li jiancheng was tat she(ruoxi) knows of li shiming's capabilities and doesnt want him to ruin/give up on his own chances to be a crown prince for a girl. like b4 tat, li shiming promised ruoxi that he will wander the world with her and leave behind power and wealth so shiming's mom's reason was tat ruoxi doesnt wan him to give up everything and juz leave with her, so she decides to marry li jiancheng to make li shiming give up on her. its this reason claimed tat made me confused on y ruoxi really agrees to marry li jiancheng. or was it juz li shiming's mom trying to use ruoxi's so-called "sacrificial" of her own happiness to urge li shiming to fight for power and vye w li jiancheng since lsm was her fave son and she always wanted him to b the crown prince.
    There was also a part when Ruo Xi lied to Li Shimin and told him that she doesn't love him anymore, right? She then married Li Jiancheng and Li Shimin married Long Er. I think you're right that that was to make Li Shimin give up on her, but it was also to keep her promise. Her father's death really tore her apart. Ruo Xi was basically used as a tool to motivate Li Shimin to want to be the crown prince, but only her death was able to accomplish that.

Here's a question: Whose side was Wei Zheng REALLY on?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-17-05 at 02:05 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

it seems like he's on ljc's side till yenzhi's death made him so devastated tat he decides to leave w lsm. he said tat he would aid only the crown prince, no matter who got the title. he didnt believe rouoxi in the last part when she tries to convince him tat ljc's gonna kill lsm. i think its after ruoxi's death tat he decides to aid lsm instead. i would like to ask is wei zheng good in identifying the characteristics of others cause he failed with li jiancheng.

Wise Fool

I always wondered why Wei Zheng supported Li Jiancheng as the Crown Prince. I mean, what did he see in him besides the fact that he's the oldest son and the oldest son should be the Crown Prince in accordance to previously established standards? Was he too caught up in the battle of wits to truly see the person he was aiding? At first I thought he actually joined Li Jiancheng's side to help Li Shimin in secret, but that didn't seem to be the case after he sacrificed so much just to maintain Li Jiancheng's position as the Crown Prince. Wei Zheng was a very intelligent man who saw through Hong Xian's ploys and upped Liu Wen Jing when it came to strategies, but his flexibility in judging people was questionable.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i think the reason for that is because of the history he had learnt. Weizheng always said to learn from the history books or something, and he said that the only two dynasties that had crown princes that are not the first son, are very short lived.

I actually dislike this series alot, I definitely prefer miracle healers more. I don't like the characters they play in this series as much as the other, and the story is SO full of loopholes.

Like suddenly the wife of the 4th brother says she like li shi ming at the end. We didn't even see her "looking" at li shi ming in the first place. Or how she even became the 4th brothers wife! She was sent by the court enemies to destroy the food storage, yet the li parents will let li yuanji marry her? and the story of the noodles. In the second half, 80% of what long er said is about noodles! argh!
    Or.. at the end we don't even see li shi ming killing the brothers, and that was the scene i was waiting for!

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I actually dislike this series alot, I definitely prefer miracle healers more. I don't like the characters they play in this series as much as the other, and the story is SO full of loopholes.
    Yep, one of my main gripes about this series was the loopholes as well. There are no logical explanations for them. I enjoyed this series overall, but I'm not sure I would have liked it as much had it not been for Bao Jian Feng, Yan Kuan, Gao Yuan Yuan, etc. (not including Peter Ho).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i think the reason for that is because of the history he had learnt. Weizheng always said to learn from the history books or something, and he said that the only two dynasties that had crown princes that are not the first son, are very short lived.

Like suddenly the wife of the 4th brother says she like li shi ming at the end. We didn't even see her "looking" at li shi ming in the first place. Or how she even became the 4th brothers wife! She was sent by the court enemies to destroy the food storage, yet the li parents will let li yuanji marry her? and the story of the noodles. In the second half, 80% of what long er said is about noodles! argh!
    Or.. at the end we don't even see li shi ming killing the brothers, and that was the scene i was waiting for!
    i agree with u on the loopholes. but i have to say that this is a way better series thn mh which was crap IMO. mh's plot was downright boring and draggy whereas qwlsm has a more interesting plot and nice twists. and way too many scenes in mh were wasted on silly lame jokes which werent funny at all. also i prefer the characters in qwlsm much more compared to mh. i didnt regret buying qwlsm but i juz hated mh so much tat i couldnt bring myself to finish the entire series. thank god i only rented it

Wise Fool

I dunno.. maybe i was too turned off by peter ho to seriously enjoy this show. But I think this plot is way too similar to MH anyway. Maybe it's just because I watched Miracle Healers first which is why i enjoyed it more. The brothers turning into enemies, and both those elder brothers getting gao yuan yuan. And, if I haven't watched the show before, and you give me a tape of gao yuan yuan acting in both dramas, I really think I will not be able to tell the difference. The costumes are too similar, the acting is too similar, the characters are too similar!

Does anyone have the ending song of the show? Can send it to me?? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    Does anyone have the ending song of the show? Can send it to me?? Thanks!!
    You can get the song off of Florence Tan's website. Check out
    this post by Arching_Hero.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thumbs up

Does anyone know where I can download some eps of this series ? I can't wait to watch it but still have no idea when it is released in VN .
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

Yep, one of my main gripes about this series was the loopholes as well. There are no logical explanations for them. I enjoyed this series overall, but I'm not sure I would have liked it as much had it not been for Bao Jian Feng, Yan Kuan, Gao Yuan Yuan, etc. (not including Peter Ho).
    I haven't watch it yet, but just knowing that Alyssa is the one going after Bao Jian Feng I think I wanna puke. U would understand if u watched WMN. The guy is just so unlovable. Wat's GYY's character lik?
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Quote Originally Posted by aznangl426
    I haven't watch it yet, but just knowing that Alyssa is the one going after Bao Jian Feng I think I wanna puke. U would understand if u watched WMN. The guy is just so unlovable.
    Actually, I have watched WMN and Bao Bao is very lovable. I can understand why some people would dislike his character Li Zhi in WMN, though. He came between the main couple blah blah blah, but Bao Bao did a good job playing the role and I always enjoy the comedic flare in his acting. QWLSM is a different series, so please don't assume that Bao Bao plays the same character in here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I dunno.. maybe i was too turned off by peter ho to seriously enjoy this show. But I think this plot is way too similar to MH anyway. Maybe it's just because I watched Miracle Healers first which is why i enjoyed it more. The brothers turning into enemies, and both those elder brothers getting gao yuan yuan. And, if I haven't watched the show before, and you give me a tape of gao yuan yuan acting in both dramas, I really think I will not be able to tell the difference. The costumes are too similar, the acting is too similar, the characters are too similar!
    same here. the first time i saw mh and qwlsm in here, i thought they were the same one untill i read the title. i have seen mh but not qwlsm. i'm waiting to see it. can't wait. soo the story line is kinda similar. i don't really like watching peter ho. between peter ho and vincent, i perfer vincent. but i'll just watch this because gyy and alyssa is in it. who the lead? i heard it's gyy. but alyssa always the lead. i got to see this one if gyy the lead actress.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Quote Originally Posted by sw33t_angel
    same here. the first time i saw mh and qwlsm in here, i thought they were the same one untill i read the title. i have seen mh but not qwlsm. i'm waiting to see it. can't wait. soo the story line is kinda similar. i don't really like watching peter ho. between peter ho and vincent, i perfer vincent. but i'll just watch this because gyy and alyssa is in it. who the lead? i heard it's gyy. but alyssa always the lead. i got to see this one if gyy the lead actress.
    gyy is the lead actress (though her screentime is not plenty since this is not a series abt her) in here while alyssa's technically the 2nd lead. but judging from screentime and characterisation, i would think florence tan overrides alyssa, florence seems to even have almost equal screentime as gyy. alyssa seems to be more of like a supporting character with minimal screentime, some sort of a guest star, like li qian whose screentime may very well be the same as alyssa.

some ppl may feel that the storyline is similar to MH but i beg to differ. i found QWLSM's plot much more interesting, complex and exciting than MH. the storylines are totally different with a more historical feel and seriousness to QWLSM. the only similarity is most probably the 2 brothers fighting over a princess's love which is also different in a way such that in MH, the elder brother loved the princess but she loved the other one who loved only alyssa. whereas in QWLSM, its the same pattern except the younger bro returned the princess's love. however, unlike MH, romance does not form the basic plot of QWLSM, there's other stuff like politics, battles etc. and its not a fairytale happily ever after story where lovers end up with each other like MH. the humour in QWLSM also doesnt go overboard like in MH, where time was wasted on far too many irrelevant and lame scenes which werent even funny to me.

some ppl might mix up gyy in QWLSM and MH since she's a princess in both series and her dressing is somehow alike in both series. however, her character and storyline is very different in both series, and i definitely like her better in QWLSM though she looks more beauitful in MH. overall, QWLSM gets my final vote while MH doesnt even come close.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-04-05 at 10:14 AM.

Wise Fool

Default Gao Yuan Yuan

Once again, in this series, Gao Yuan Yuan does not have a happy ending!! Too bad. I watched, "Prime Minister Di Renjie" with Gao Yuan Yuan in it and she doesn't have a happy ending there either, nor does she have one in HSDS 2003. She always seems to play characters with tragic endings. Too bad. But she is really talented and so much more beautiful than Alyssa. Yuan Yuan is cute when she smiles with those adorable big eyes. But when she needs to be evil, her stare will send chills up your spine. That's what a good actress is supposed to able to do. I don't think Alyssa can do that. Alyssa's characters are usually rather boring (same thing over and over again) and she's rather annoying if you ask me!!!