Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Thank you so much, Arching_Hero! I really like the songs and was actually wondering where I could find them. Do you want to watch this series mainly because of Florence?
    Yeah!! That's the main reason I want to watch this series and I also like to see Florence, Gao Yuan Yuan & Alyssa Chia in the same series after HSDS. From all the posts here, I can imagine this sereis is interesting
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Same here, I watched this because of the cast, with the other cast members I saw before from other series. I like the ending song. I don't know what happened with rou xi's mom disappeared in the beginning. Here is my 2 guesses, when the overthrowing of the Sui dynasty in the revolt might of been killed/commit suicide or ran for there lives. This I doubt it because in history people who try to overthrow another dynasty kill everyone down to the last family tree line.

Ditto here. With the major exception of Peter Ho, the main cast is very appealing to me. Gotta love Gao Yuan Yuan, Florence, Alyssa, Yan Kuan, and Bao Jian Feng.

The thing about Ruo Xi's mom is that she was not only never seen again after Yang Guang married Jian Ling, no reference was ever made to her again either as far as I've watched. An emperor can have more than one wife, so just 'cause Yang Guang got married again doesn't mean she just gets kicked out. If she died of natural causes, then why did we not see Ruo Xi weep for her? If she was killed during the revolt, why was Ruo Xi only seemingly interested in getting revenge for her father? If she ran for her life, why did we not see Ruo Xi wonder about her whereabouts?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-16-05 at 11:57 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hey, any guys can tell me more about Alyssa acting ? I want to know more and as much detail as possible about that. Thanx a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tumi_81
    hey, any guys can tell me more about Alyssa acting ? I want to know more and as much detail as possible about that. Thanx a lot.
    Alyssa doesn't have a big part in this series, so there's not much to say about her acting. She does a convincing job of portraying a naive, illiterate, and somewhat dense girl who will do anything for her honey. Yan Zhi can also get feisty and overbearing when she doesn't get her way, like when she was beating Wei Zheng up because she thought he wasn't helping her "cousin" Li Shimin to become the Crown Prince. The part when she thought Wei Zheng's title 'Tai Zi Xi Ma' meant having to wash the Crown Prince's horses was so funny and then she told him, "here, you wash horses and I'll wash cows."
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I remember that seen, it was very funny.

what a big disappointment/lost that alyssa isn't one of the main char.ter was lookin' foward to this series too..

Even though alyssia isn't a big part, still she did an excellent performance, by helping Li shi ming(Peter ho) anyway she can. Which is still important part of this series, if it wasn't for her character Li shi ming wouldn't meet Wei Zheng. So even though she isn't as big, but still I think she still plays a big part. Even the littliest parts still counts to in making a big contribution to complete a entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Li Shi Min's father is Li Yuan, a cousin of the emperor of Sui, Yang Guang.
    Yang Guang? tat means, Hua Mu Lan plot is accurate. (Check out this site and check out the character list. Yang yong is the elder prince of sui, but not as clever/highly skilled as the younger prince, yang guang. Which results in, the fact that i get my ans to my question.
    Who ebcomes the emperor in the end?
    Yang Guang or Yang Yong? Definitely Yang GUANG!
    Last edited by crimson18; 02-02-05 at 03:51 PM.
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

I finally finished watching this series. I cracked up again upon seeing Peter Ho with a mustache and attempting to look serious at the very end. Overall, I enjoyed the show, but I liked the first half more than the second half. If SGYY is ever remade, Bao Jian Feng would be a great choice to play Kongming. It's too bad Wei Zheng couldn't save Yan Zhi. Liu Wen Jing should have testified in Yan Zhi's favor before he was executed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I do agree with you the first half is better than the second half. They also rushed the series in the end with peter ho's mustache making him serious. I thought to myself is this it, I mean come on there is gotta be a part II to this after seeing the ending.

Yep, the ending was way too rushed and characterization was inconsistent at times (especially in regard to Li Jian Cheng). Even after Li Shi Min killed his brothers, the series didn't go into how Shi Min just became emperor after growing a ratty mustache. I mean, did he force his father to abdicate the throne or what...? However, since this is rather unclear even historically, maybe the director wanted to keep it open like that on purpose.

I became really interested in the Sui Tang heroes like Qin Shu Bao Cheng Yao Jin after watching "Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuang", but wasn't a big fan of them in this series. The actors were too weak.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

From what I read so far, it sounds like I should pass on this series. The only reason for me to even consider watching it is 1. Gao Yuan Yuan and 2. It was done by the same crew that produced HSDS 2001.

However, can anyone who has already seen both "Miracle Healer (Shen Yi Xia Lyu)" and this series "Emperor Li Shi Min (Qin Wang LI Shi Min)" please confirm which series is better? Which one is more interesting/entertaining to watch? I've only seen Miracle Healer and thought it contained way too many cheesy and unnecessary humor (typical of most Taiwanese wuxia series).

overall, I still recommanded this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    overall, I still recommanded this series.
    Me too.

If it's eyecandy you want, this series should appeal to both male and female viewers.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

anyone knows the official website for this show? with the episode synopsis?

i only know the sina site, here .
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/f/qinwlsm/U105P28T17D2018F229DT20040610163344.jpg')
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    From what I read so far, it sounds like I should pass on this series. The only reason for me to even consider watching it is 1. Gao Yuan Yuan and 2. It was done by the same crew that produced HSDS 2001.

However, can anyone who has already seen both "Miracle Healer (Shen Yi Xia Lyu)" and this series "Emperor Li Shi Min (Qin Wang LI Shi Min)" please confirm which series is better? Which one is more interesting/entertaining to watch? I've only seen Miracle Healer and thought it contained way too many cheesy and unnecessary humor (typical of most Taiwanese wuxia series).

compared to miracle healers, i would say qwlsm is tons better. i rented mh l2wks ago and i havetn even finished half of it...the plot is really really draggy and boring. i would say qwlsm has a much more interesting plot...theres a bunch of stuff like power struggles, military strategies, revenge, jealousy, romance, humour, betrayal and so on...and i like the cast, costumes etc in qwlsm better...

though i have to agree tat the 2nd half...the part after li yuan becomes emperor becomes alittle too boring..the power struggle btw li jiancheng and li shiming is rather draggy and so is the romance btw ruoxi and li shiming..its like they part and reconcile, part and reconcile...how i just wish tat ruoxi would eventually fall for her husband, li jiancheng cause gyy looks rather cute w him.

the last episode was indeed rather rushed..i hated how they skipped the part where li shiming supposedly kills his brothers and forces his dad to abdicate. and peter ho becoming tang taizong at the end is practically a major joke. he looked ridiculous in the mustache and his head gear was too big...the way he tried to look serious made me laugh.

i heard tat long er ends up as his empress but i didnt see her w li shiming at the end. i would like to ask does lsm gradually accept her love in the end when he ate her noodles or did he just do tat cause he wanted to make her happy since he thought he was going to die? Something tat irritates me alot is how sappy they made florence tan in here...her character is rather boring and irritating at times. ive lost count the no. of times she makes noodles lsm never eats. i sympathise w her character but i find it rather annoying how they make her fall dumbly head over heels for some1 who doesnt care abt her....

anyway tats just some stuff which i dislike abt the series but its still way better thn mh. i notice that alyssa in qlwsm is very similar to her character in mh...her actions, character, facial expressions, emotions and stuff.. i like bao jianfeng as weizheng in here too..he did a pretty good job.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-04-07 at 02:24 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I do agree, with long er and li shi ming. There was alittle clue at the end something about he willing to eat her noodles that she made, "By the way prepare for my return." So it could means that li shi ming will try to turn all of rou xi's love and turn it over to long er, since he kinda felt bad for her. So many times long er tries to show her effection,but left with nothing. forgiveness is probably the word for the ending scene when long er were cleaning the place up.

The woman Li Shimin loved the most was always Ruo Xi. He became the most willing to accept Long Er after Ruo Xi's death. I know that Long Er loved Li Shimin, but did she actually love the power and potential that he represented more? There was one point when she lost her patience with him when he was going to leave the royal abode forever, saying how had she known this was what was to become of him, she never would have spent all that time supporting and helping him earlier. Perhaps those were just words of frustration, though.

Ruo Xi really tried her best to be a good wife to Li Jiancheng. It was his own insecurities that sent their marriage into turmoil. I agree that they looked really good together, though. Li Qian and Yan Kuan did not match at all. She's just too kiddish for him.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")