Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    am i like the only one in this thread that doesnt think the guy that played li jian cheng, whatever his name is, is hot? like, seriously. i think he's kinda ugly. whats so hot about him? and his characters, like, so evil. why would he do that to his own brother and the woman he "loved"? ugh.
    peter ho, now that is HOT and even though the costumes are kinda bad, he still makes it look good i love him. hehe. and he is not a miscast! i think he played the role fine, it was more of the scriptwriter's fault for his character being that way. so back to my point - peter=hotness/great actor/not miscast person
    oh, and the longer girl is so annoying and freaking selfish and she totally does not deserve to be with li shi min at the end, much less be queen. (if that is really what happens? i havent finished this yet)
    Apparently you are. I didn't like Li Jian Cheng the character, but Yan Kuan >>>> Peter Ho any day and night.

click to show/hide spoilers
    And yes, Long Er becomes Empress Zhangsun, just like in history.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Apparently you are. I didn't like Li Jian Cheng the character, but Yan Kuan >>>> Peter Ho any day and night.

click to show/hide spoilers
    And yes, Long Er becomes Empress Zhangsun, just like in history.
    really? but what do people see in him? maybe i just have a different taste? but like i dont find him attractive at all. like, AT ALL. thats so weird. and sorry if i offended anyone
    i dont like long er either. anyone with me on that?

I used to like Peter Ho for a brief period in time, but not so much anymore. He still has that boyish look. I rather go for Yan Kuan, he has these nice eyebrows and look great in Ancient attire.

Lu Xing as Liu Wen Qing is hot and so is Bao Bao as Wei Zheng. So many eye-candies.

How accurate does the series follow history?

There's only several acceptable Li Shi Min in my eyes, they are Michael Miu Kiu Wai and Sean Lau.

I know Empress ZhangSun married Li Shi Min when she was 12 and he was 14 (well according to some online sources I read).
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Does Alyssa Chia and Lu Xing supposed to be a couple in this series. Even though they die at the end, are they both supposed to be in love in this series. I havent watched it yet, but if they are, I'm really excited to see them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I used to like Peter Ho for a brief period in time, but not so much anymore. He still has that boyish look. I rather go for Yan Kuan, he has these nice eyebrows and look great in Ancient attire.

Lu Xing as Liu Wen Qing is hot and so is Bao Bao as Wei Zheng. So many eye-candies.
    i actually find his eyebrows kinda weird looking. lol. oh well, to each their own.
    and i really dont like peter in this series, i think he looks much better in modern attire/hair than old styles.
    i agree on the other eye candy though, thats part of the reason i bought this series

I'm in the middle of this series. I bought my copy some years ago but never had the chance to watch it until recently. Something (or someone) in the series caught my eye and I decided I wanted a copy of it. Anyway, while I find Peter to be "not so hot" compared to other male actors I like, I think he did well on his role as LSM. I'm don't have info about his acting skills but I sure admire the way he portrays his roles on screen.

I got a question...so if the older brother becomes the crowned prince, what's the significance of the title "Qin Wang" on Li Shi Min?

Quote Originally Posted by shirineko View Post
    I got a question...so if the older brother becomes the crowned prince, what's the significance of the title "Qin Wang" on Li Shi Min?
    Qin Wang just means Prince of Qin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Qin Wang just means Prince of Qin.
    Oh okay...now I get it..Thanks for your help..

I just finished watching this series. I felt that the good part was towards the end when LSM would fight his way to the throne but they omitted this and didn't even showed how he attacked and emerged victorious. Also, I find it really amazing that men can do anything for a woman. LSM would't rebel against his brother up until Ruo Xi was killed.

I actually enjoyed the drama a lot minus the sappy ending.

Does anyone know where I can watch it ONLINE? I can't find it on viki or mysoju or youtube or sogou/sohu/tudou wang.