Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

That's because Alyssa is an exact clone of Ruby Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    No she's way better then Ruby!
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Quote Originally Posted by mystic
    Once again, in this series, Gao Yuan Yuan does not have a happy ending!! Too bad. I watched, "Prime Minister Di Renjie" with Gao Yuan Yuan in it and she doesn't have a happy ending there either, nor does she have one in HSDS 2003. She always seems to play characters with tragic endings. Too bad. But she is really talented and so much more beautiful than Alyssa. Yuan Yuan is cute when she smiles with those adorable big eyes. But when she needs to be evil, her stare will send chills up your spine. That's what a good actress is supposed to able to do. I don't think Alyssa can do that. Alyssa's characters are usually rather boring (same thing over and over again) and she's rather annoying if you ask me!!!
    Really? U think Alyssa's *that* annoying? How sad! I agree with the GYY being a great actress though. Well not all Alyssa's characters are the same.
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

I don't think that Alyssa or GYY are annoying!I think that they have each one their manner of playing a part!OK GYY is cutter than Alyssa but that doesn't mean that alyssa is not pretty!They have each one their beauty and they are both talented actress!!!
    don't know what i want to do now...

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl
    hm...look at these 2 pictures.... and see if you notice anything.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-06-06/U92P28T3D409746F326DT20040606223716.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2004-06-08/U105P28T3D410995F326DT20040608074642.JPG')

in the 2nd pic, the girl on gao yuan yuan's right (from our view its to her left) is wearing the exact same outfit that alyssa chia wore in the top picture. are they supposed to be sister river spirits, or tribeswomen or something. or are the costume department just recycling?

Hi, I'm not familiar with her name but can anyone tell me what that girl's name is in the second picture wearing full white? Is she the girl in HSDS that played the role "Siu Chiu"? I thought she was really pretty in HSDS. What role does she play in this series?

isnt Alyssa older then Ruby? but yeah, she cute and funny at first but after awhile she really get on your nerves...just like Benny cheng....all his characters in all his movies act the same, just different storyline...he just jumps around alot and act goofy

Sounds exactly like Dicky Cheung.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow
    isnt Alyssa older then Ruby? but yeah, she cute and funny at first but after awhile she really get on your nerves...just like Benny cheng....all his characters in all his movies act the same, just different storyline...he just jumps around alot and act goofy

I had some of the pix from sina..and was looking for the screenshots, does anyone have or know a website I could find the screenshot of the series?

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Hi, I'm not familiar with her name but can anyone tell me what that girl's name is in the second picture wearing full white? Is she the girl in HSDS that played the role "Siu Chiu"? I thought she was really pretty in HSDS. What role does she play in this series?
    That's Florence Tan (Chen Xiu Li). Yes, she's the one who played Xiao Zhao in HSDS 2002. I really liked her in there too. She plays Zhangsun Long Er, Li Shimin's eventual empress in QWLSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow
    isnt Alyssa older then Ruby?
    Yes, Alyssa's older than Ruby.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is Florence Tan a Singapore tv actress?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    That's Florence Tan (Chen Xiu Li). Yes, she's the one who played Xiao Zhao in HSDS 2002. I really liked her in there too. She plays Zhangsun Long Er, Li Shimin's eventual empress in QWLSM.

Yes, Alyssa's older than Ruby.

Is Florence Tan a Singapore tv actress?
    Yes, she's a Singaporean actress.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

OMG!! She's very under-rated as an actress in SG then as she was very natural as well as beautiful in HSDS. Much more talented than Fann and Zoe combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yes, she's a Singaporean actress.

anyone know where I can download this with English subtitles? I really want to watch this and I'm willing to buy it if its in Cantonese since I can't understand Mandrin.

Anyone have any idea when this will be released in Cantonese or Viet dubbed version?

Thumbs up

This place allows to download bitorrent file but I don't know if there is English subtitle .

http://www.liqian.info/liqian/drama....title=lishimin
    Last edited by hoamai; 09-10-05 at 06:40 AM.
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

man, this show is unbelievable. minus the historical backdrop its like a qiong yao weepie. I was browsing the li shi min baidu bar and read many posts that lambasted this series as garbage, crappy and distorting history. at first, i thought the posters are probably history majors and thus too angry to be reasonable. so i borrowed some episodes from my friend to watch myself.

and i have to say this show is almost like a run of the mill idol series with a historical aspect, history that is butchered like crazy. i can accept li shi min being changed to suit the series plot but the li shi min here is so far away from the real one.

I am interested in getting this series cos Florence is inside But can ppl who have watched this series give some comments? Thanks!

Florance character is very similar to xiao qiao in Heavenly Sword and Dragon saber 03'. Eventhough, her character trying endlessly to get Li Shi ming's(Peter Ho) affection he ignores her. In result, it does more a phyicological emotional damage. Although, she will get her chance, so if you are a fan of hers don't be disappointed. Florance character is kinda cute, but still a severant girl to the emperor in the Sui dynasty.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    man, this show is unbelievable. minus the historical backdrop its like a qiong yao weepie. I was browsing the li shi min baidu bar and read many posts that lambasted this series as garbage, crappy and distorting history. at first, i thought the posters are probably history majors and thus too angry to be reasonable. so i borrowed some episodes from my friend to watch myself.

and i have to say this show is almost like a run of the mill idol series with a historical aspect, history that is butchered like crazy. i can accept li shi min being changed to suit the series plot but the li shi min here is so far away from the real one.
    You're quite right , I suppose .
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

This series doesn't emphasize historical accuracy so if that's the main reason you're watching it, of course you will be sorely disappointed. It's like the "sister show" of Shen Yi Xia Lu/Miracle Healers.

Starz_jing: Florence has a decent amount of screentime in here, but her character doesn't really stand out. She does end up becoming Li Shimin's empress despite everything, though.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-14-05 at 03:02 AM. Reason: typo
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")