Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tsukamoto Takashi

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Lady Zhuge, How do we even begin voting? I am not sure how to go about it...can you tell us the steps?
    Go to the link I provided (it should already be on Taka's page) and scroll down to just under a list of his movies. You should see some stars and a count of how many ratings he has so far. Put your cursor over the 5th star and click.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,

Thanks for your pm. your PM's filled up and I can't reply you.

It was really nice of you. I think the Jap threads have made us closer forum friends and that's great. Some of us can hang out at the same forum for years but paths just don't cross much so friends are actually a kind of affinity.

thanks again.

I first saw him at Gokusen , he played a very small role thougth he was very cute .
    Cinderella shoes fit perfectly , but why did it loose on the way?

Hmm, it's been fairly quiet here for the past week.
    Everybody had a busy New Years?

Anyway, for those who can read/write Chinese, Zane has set up a Takashi forum. The link can be found on her blog.

And also Takashi has a new movie out on 2/24 called ENMA (website here). I didn't hear/read about this until just now. It's supposed to be a thriller/suspense (?)

A picture from the movie (I think): $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.hatena.ne.jp/images/diary/N/NKYYSD/2006-12-20.jpg')

Thanks for the info, ryo-x-pi. I wonder why this movie wasn't updated into his dramawiki profile? Taka looks so hot on that website of his new film. He totally looks like he could play L in Death Note with some additional makeup. What does ENMA mean/stand for? In any case, I love thrillers. And with Taka in the leading role, that's just thrilling. ...Okay, I'll stop being lame now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Thanks for the info, ryo-x-pi. I wonder why this movie wasn't updated into his dramawiki profile? Taka looks so hot on that website of his new film. He totally looks like he could play L in Death Note with some additional makeup. What does ENMA mean/stand for? In any case, I love thrillers. And with Taka in the leading role, that's just thrilling. ...Okay, I'll stop being lame now.
    It'll be interesting to see Yamapi and Takashi up againist each other in the same show together..esp Deathnote but what's the chances of that happening? very little I guess...and.I am not sure if they are from rival agencies.. can't consider Stand up because Takashi was not the lead there and Yamapi looks so much younger than Takashi then so unfair basis of comparsion, Now they look like 2 grown man who could possibly do a decent job acting opposite each other

New Taka scans!!! He has such dreamy features.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I was in Tokyo last week and saw Takashi.
    Ok no I didn't. I saw his ad, which is always nice.

This was taken inside the JR. The other passengers must have thought I was odd.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/homegirl529/200701%20Tokyo/takashi_JR.png')

I saw this in the Akihabara area, outside the Yodobashi building actually.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/homegirl529/200701%20Tokyo/takashi_full.png')
    The person in red at the edge of the picture is actually a staff member promoting webAN, and when he saw me trying to take a picture of the billboard he was kind enough to move away.

Haha, ryo-x-pi. Nice pics. I know it's his birthplace, but does Takashi reside in Tokyo? How was the city and your visit, by the way? Did you come across any magazines with Takashi on the cover?

I recently watched part 1 of Meitantei Akafuji Takashi and although a little boring, it wasn't bad on the whole. I remember reading Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders and feeling the same way about that book. Takashi plays the son of a close friend of Detective Akafuji's who wants to learn more about his father. He has an eye for da ladies in the show while serving as eyecandy for others with that killer smile of his. I don't really like how his hair is slicked back, though. I'll be watching part 2 soon. I'm currently watching Fire Boys and I like Takashi's hair best in here and in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I want more rivalry scenes between Daigo and Amakazu! Fire Boys is a pretty good drama, with plenty of exciting, humorous, and touching moments. Daigo just needs to remember to breathe in and out so his brain gets enough oxygen before going off on people.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-25-07 at 07:35 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks. Those are really nice. and the Japanese was so nice to move away when you wanted to take the photo . I would have been so excited too if I saw those billboards and was a huge Takashi fan.

Haha, ryo-x-pi. Nice pics. I know it's his birthplace, but does Takashi reside in Tokyo? How was the city and your visit, by the way? Did you come across any magazines with Takashi on the cover?

I recently watched part 1 of Meitantei Akafuji Takashi and although a little boring, it wasn't bad on the whole. I remember reading Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders and feeling the same way about that book. Takashi plays the son of a close friend of Detective Akafuji's who wants to learn more about his father. He has an eye for da ladies in the show while serving as eyecandy for others with that killer smile of his. I don't really like how his hair is slicked back, though. I'll be watching part 2 soon. I'm currently watching Fire Boys and I like Takashi's hair best in here and in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. I want more rivalry scenes between Daigo and Amakazu! Fire Boys is a pretty good drama, with plenty of exciting, humorous, and touching moments. Daigo just needs to remember to breathe in and out so his brain gets enough oxygen before going off on people.

I believe Takashi resides in Tokyo, but unfortunately I didn't run into him on the streets. (Yeah right, like that would ever happen in a gazillion years)
    My trip to Tokyo was lots of fun, everything was very visual and stimulating. I didn't find any magazines with Takashi on the cover; I believe a few has been out since I've left. D:

May I ask where you got Meitantei Akafuji Takashi? The torrent file at d-addicts is dead and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I'm currently in HK, and I saw the commercial for Kekkon Dekinai Otoko last night. It seems it'll be airing every Monday night starting next week. XD I hope I'll be able to come back in time and catch bits of Takashi. Taiyou no Uta is also showing in the theatres right now, and I'll go see that next week for the 19375012934th time with my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by ryo-x-pi
    I believe Takashi resides in Tokyo, but unfortunately I didn't run into him on the streets. (Yeah right, like that would ever happen in a gazillion years)
    My trip to Tokyo was lots of fun, everything was very visual and stimulating. I didn't find any magazines with Takashi on the cover; I believe a few has been out since I've left. D:

May I ask where you got Meitantei Akafuji Takashi? The torrent file at d-addicts is dead and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I'm currently in HK, and I saw the commercial for Kekkon Dekinai Otoko last night. It seems it'll be airing every Monday night starting next week. XD I hope I'll be able to come back in time and catch bits of Takashi. Taiyou no Uta is also showing in the theatres right now, and I'll go see that next week for the 19375012934th time with my sister.
    wow you are in HK now? Are you some high-flying jet-set working girl or travelling for leisure? anyway, back to topic... if Taiyou no Uta is only showing in theatres now,how come you have seen that so many times already?

Meeting celebrities in Japan? Hmm...I am not sure how likely that is to happen...A long time ago, I did see celebrities in US and HK before. and really by chance, I saw Tony Leung and Carina Lau in Shanghai 2 years back.

wow you are in HK now? Are you some high-flying jet-set working girl or travelling for leisure? anyway, back to topic... if Taiyou no Uta is only showing in theatres now,how come you have seen that so many times already?

Meeting celebrities in Japan? Hmm...I am not sure how likely that is to happen...A long time ago, I did see celebrities in US and HK before. and really by chance, I saw Tony Leung and Carina Lau in Shanghai 2 years back.
    Haha...yeah I'm in HK right now.
    I live in Vancouver, but I just finished school and rather than looking for work immediately I decided to take a few months off. So here I am, travelling. Besides, my sister lives in HK, so I'll be here for another month or so.

Taiyou no Uta is just showing here in HK, but it's been out in Japan for a long long time.

I think I found out what Enma is...a guardian to the underworld. I'm not positive if that's what the title of Takashi's new film is referring to, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ryo-x-pi

The chances of running into a celebrity is actually not as low as one would think, but the chances of running into one you actually want to run into is, yes, incredibly minuscule, although possibly increased at the airport. Well, at least you were in the same vicinity of the world as Takashi, which is more than most of us can say.

Meitantei Akafuji Takashi is available via emule on verycd.com with simplified Chinese subtitles. If you want, I can PM you the link. Takashi has more screentime and close-ups in part 2.

I still have to watch Taiyou no Uta in its entirety for the very first time. Its running time is actually longer than I would have thought for this kind of story. Not that I mind if it means more Takashi scenes.

Congrats to you, done with school already!

Which celebs did you see in the US and HK?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-27-07 at 08:33 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The chances of running into a celebrity is actually not as low as one would think, but the chances of running into one you actually want to run into is, yes, incredibly minuscule, although possibly increased at the airport. Well, at least you were in the same vicinity of the world as Takashi, which is more than most of us can say.

Which celebs did you see in the US and HK?
    Lady ZG, you are right about that. My sister was doing her internship at a local cinemplex and she actually served Jolin Cai Yilin. she bought tickets from her counter. Pity both of us don't like her much but we did think that she's really popular so she's lucky in the sense that how many hrs would fans have to queue to see her so close?

I saw that old Japanese-American actor from Karate Kids and this Hong Kong veteran actress Shang Tian Er. She played A-Ke from Tony Leung's version of Duke of Mount Deer.

Local celebs, I have seeen quite a lot. Jacky Cheung, I also saw him when he came here to perform some years back.

As for celebs that my sister made an effort to go see them, the most well-known would prob be Raymond Lam...she says he's really nice and he gave her his autograph.
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-28-07 at 12:49 AM.

I think it'd be tough to run into people like Takashi because Tokyo is so big and his tight schedule might mean having to do promotions or filming in other parts of Japan or being holed up in studios for music or movie or drama recordings. I saw some famous guy in Tokyo the year before last but had no clue who he was, just that he kept being approached by so many girls who wanted to take photos with him, and I had the opportunity to stumble upon Chemistry in Kyoto last year when they were interviewing in one of the gardens with a magazine.

I've translated a very old interview with Takashi which I found rather interesting to read. Again, my Japanese isn't terrific so you have to make allowances for some errors in translation.

City Wave's 'I want to Meet This Person' segment: Interview with Tsukamoto Takashi
    February 2003

Today we have Tsukamoto Takashi who has steadily distinguished himself and made his presence felt with his appearances in the dramas “Kisarazu Cats Eyes and Otousan” and the movie Battle Royale. Your characters have given you quite an image as a wild young guy but is that your real self?

“Good kids, bad kids, when we speak of the regular kid he’s a bad one. Generally willful, isn’t it? Absolutely hates to be compelled to do things. I’m made to do many things in this job but I’m continuing because I don’t think it is hard.”

Takashi’s philosophy is not to forget his original purpose.

“When I got my first main role in a drama, I thought, ‘Once it is aired, I won’t be able to walk on the streets.’ (laughs) But nothing changed even after it was broadcast, and I felt embarrassed and mortified that I had thought in that manner. That vexation I experienced then and the desire to become big were my initial feelings. I decided commit them to memory; to hold on to my aspiration and work hard.”

In Takashi’s unwavering gaze and sincere words, I glimpsed the level headedness with which he treated his naivety, and his strong fighting spirit as he tries to bounce back from that disappointment.

He says that it is important to have his own personal time even with his tight schedule.

“Without such time, I get the feeling that I’ll become an artificial human. Because acting is my job, even when I’m with friends, I meet people face to face everywhere - even if it’s for a brief moment. That’s why, when I have time alone, it feels like a reset.”

In private, Takashi plays in a band together with his friends. A CD on an indie label is planned for release in spring. Takashi displays his guitar skills and vocals in a video ‘Memory ~ Anata no Tame ni’ that went on sale in January. “I really like playing the guitar more than singing …”

Here, reader, Tominaga Junko, has some questions for Takashi.

Junko: What do you think is important in continuing work as an actor?
    Takashi: In my view, I think it is probably impossible to be serious in this world. I believe a little rebellious, naughty kid lives somewhere inside us.

Junko: Have you never had a role that you thought was an unlikable?
    Takashi: I think it’s great if I take pleasure when doing it. If I don’t enjoy myself, I won’t be able to convey it to people. Conversely, if I believe it is enjoyable, I’ll surely be able to convey it in one way or another.

“Now, I feel it will be good if I can do roles that are comfortable for my age. Yeah, of course adult love stories too now that I’m in my 20s.”
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 01-31-07 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks for the interview translation, jade. Although I'm sure it crosses the minds of many, most actors wouldn't actually admit such raw thoughts and feelings to the public:

“When I got my first main role in a drama, I thought, ‘Once it is aired, I won’t be able to walk on the streets.’ (laughs) But nothing changed even after it was broadcast, and I felt embarrassed and mortified that I had thought in that manner. That vexation I experienced then and the desire to become big were my initial feelings. I decided commit them to memory; to hold on to my aspiration and work hard.
    Takashi's honesty is commendable.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the interview translation, jade. Although I'm sure it crosses the minds of many, most actors wouldn't actually admit such raw thoughts and feelings to the public:

Takashi's honesty is commendable.
    It's just been my third translation but his candidness is very refreshing. In fact, it's a trait that's evident in every one of his interviews and this makes translations very enjoyable even though it's a pain figuring it out when they use colloquial Japanese.

And since, I've had quite a lot of time on my hands, I managed to do another translation. A more recent one this time although not quite interesting. The last question is also kinda strange.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Edynavi.jpg')
    EdyNAVI’s Interview with Tsukamoto Takashi
    May 2006

In conjunction with EdyNAVI’s May special preview of the film “Taiyo no Uta”, we interview actor Tsukamoto Takashi who enjoys overwhelming popularity amongst the entertainment scene’s current crop of young artistes.

What were your impressions after filming for “Taiyo no Uta” ended?
    I star opposite Yui’s character, a girl afflicted with Xeroderma Pigmentosum, a rare genetic disease that requires her to avoid exposure to UV light. Seeing this illness before my very eyes made me aware of the emotions that can grow between people, like doing anything for the sake of a person. I wondered whether I could portray that … I thought it would be great if people watching the movie could empathise with that sentiment, and focused on making that happen so I was immensely pleased to see this honest, new production that we have completed.

In your next movie, you take the lead role in “Fugakuhyakkei ~ Harukanaru Basho” based on Dazai Osamu’s original literary work. We are looking forward to it.
    The subjects of Dazai Osamu’s entire literary works are difficult. Of them, I think Fugakuhaykkei has positive content compared to Ningen Shikaku and other pieces. Such work is different from entertainment movies because it doesn’t have that many waves of emotion, making it difficult to act. However, I think we will be able to depict the weakest parts and points of transformation of human beings. I want Dazai Osamu’s fans as well as those who know nothing about his writings to notice and feel these changes.

Fugakuhyakkei official site: (http://www.kaerucafe.co.jp/fugakuhyakkei/)

And now, the third DVD of “The San-mei sama,” (The Three Young Men) something completely different from Fugakuhyakkei, has been released.
    This stars Sato Ryuta, Okada Yoshinori and the same members. I’ve known them for five years and our relationship has remained just as spontaneous. It’s good that things have remained this way because we can do things in “The San-mei sama” that definitely can’t be done if it were three other people so I think viewers who sense this atmosphere will find it surreally funny.

The Three Young Men official site: (http://the3youngmen.com/)

Besides being an actor, Takashi is also a singer. His third single, “New Morning” was released on 12 April.
    This is my third single, but my first time trying an easygoing tune like a piano ballad. The title’s literal translation means “New Morning” but there’s a significance to it. There are negative and positive aspects to humanity, but we want to tell people that we’ve the morning and that morning will definitely come. I want listeners to try, in their own way, to put positive feelings into their friendships and love, and step out into something new.

Lastly, what expectations do you have for the mobile phone wallet and electronic cash?
    It has become very easy and convenient to simply make payments and shop. Security is also sound. Moreover, there’s been a gradual increase in usability. Isn’t that great?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    It's just been my third translation but his candidness is very refreshing. In fact, it's a trait that's evident in every one of his interviews and this makes translations very enjoyable even though it's a pain figuring it out when they use colloquial Japanese.

And since, I've had quite a lot of time on my hands, I managed to do another translation. A more recent one this time although not quite interesting. The last question is also kinda strange.
    Thanks for another translation well done, jade. I'm really going to try my best to watch Taiyo no Uta this weekend. Haha, the last question seems to be out of nowhere. Electronic cash? It sounds like a synonym for "credit card."
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the great translation jade.
    That last question really got me wondering though. Must be some new technology the Japanese came up with.

The list & casting for the dramas in April is out, and I gotta admit I was a tad bit disappointed to see Takashi's name not on there. I guess he's been too busy with movies lately, so no time for dramas.

I just realized that they've put up more features on the ENMA official site. Can't wait to see the trailer. ><
    Last edited by ryo-x-pi; 02-02-07 at 11:42 AM.